• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Dany doesn't have the gold, it all made it to King's Landing. Tarley said as much.

Btw, good on Dickon for saving Jaime. I guess it's just Papa Tarley that's the asshole.

megalowho

That was some cool shit, but Bronn saving Jamie at just the right time and Bronn jumping like a foot from the giant crossbow thing and not dying is pretty cheap writing.
The plot armor felt too strong for both I agree, they cheated death a ton in that fight.

Jamie was wearing full armor AND only had 1 hand.

Hows he going to get that off in time not to drown?

And how would he possibly escape anyway with Dokrathi all over the place and a Dragon right on the riverbank?

So, that was pretty most if not all of the Lannister army gone, right? They left like 10% at Casterly Rock and Jaime took the rest with him. And they were promptly BURNED THE FUCK ALIVE HARDER THAN I'VE SEEN ANYONE BURN ALIVE SINCE TERMINATOR 2. What now? They were gonna pay their debt with the Tyrell money, which is now presumably melted. They're broke. The Iron Bank isn't gonna support them now.

What the hell are they gonna do?

I don't think thats the case, they make it pretty clear of a few things before the battle starts via dialog.

A. The gold made it to Kings Landing already. All of the stuff Dany burned was supplies/food

B. They say that their army is streched thin, I don't remember the exact words but something along the lines of the tail can't catch up to the head or something to that effect, it seems to suggest that this was only a fraction of their fighting forces and likely not a majority.

Like Bronn said, they were going to get swamped.

Don't care how organised your army is, that is way too many riders coming head on.

Not to mention a dragon breaching paths for riders to pass through with fire.

It is simple, Jaime's army wasn't prepared. There is no way any armchair military strategist can tell me how they could've done well during that battle with so little preparation.

even without drogon they looked utterly fucked. have you seen that dothraki just falling off the horse than immediately standing up and killing lannister soldiers left and right?

I'm really interested in knowing how Jaime makes it out alive 'cus there's no way he dies drowning when they could've killed him with a blast of dragonfire straight to the face. I just don't see how he makes it out alive, I guess he can ditch the armor real quick, but I don't think he could do that that quickly.

Bronn wasn't wearing any, so maybe he'll drag him out?

gun_haver

Don't care how organised your army is, that is way too many riders coming head on.

It is simple, Jaime's army wasn't prepared. There is no way any armchair military strategist can tell me how they could've done well during that battle.

Well yeah, they had no chance. Not ready for a battle, most likely outnumbered severely, and playing on an open field where the The Dothraki alone would have defeated them easily, and Drogon was just overkill.

My god that was amazing. One of the best episodes of the whole series. I swear, that spear he shot Drogon with had better not be laced with poison. My heart dropped when he was shot. Fuck you, Bronn.

It is simple, Jaime's army wasn't prepared. There is no way any armchair military strategist can tell me how they could've done well during that battle with so little preparation.

Even without the dragon, the Lannister host would have been fucked. It was a curbstomp of a fight.

tenor.gif

Season one call backs of Arya trying to get back into Kings Landing as a kid were funny as hell.

Amazing dragon scene, that's how I imagine having that thing would go down. Bronn should have been dead three times over, but eh.

I'm now convinced that the writers are setting Danny up to be evil and self indulgent on her power trip. I'm very happy about this, because that makes me feel extremely vindicated for my feelings of wanting her to fail.

Cersie is going to protect the realm from the fucking napalm dropping death machines and the horde of Mongolians destroying everything.

Savitar

Jaime is known as kingslayer.......what's the odds before the end he'll be known as queenslayer as well........it rhymes......like poetry.

I wonder what that cut away shot with Bron was supposed to mean when he fell off his horse and the money spilled on the ground? He seemed to chose to stay and fight to try and kill the dragon instead of taking the money and running. Is it just supposed to show that he is the ultimate bro and is just trying to protect Jamie? Well he ultimately saved him in the end from the dragon too.

Valentus

Cersei dont give 2 fucks about the soldiers.

The money will arrive to Kings Landing and The Anti-Dragon weapon was tested in combat with success.

The real winner here is the Black Queen.

Fitts

Fuck man I got so hype when I thought Bronn was gonna do some pimp shit and take down a dragon.

Glad Daenerys didn't accomplish shit but take out a handful of pawns. What a tactician. Stay losing, dummy.

I love how the Dothraki guy told Tyron his people cannot fight, meanwhile it was the dragon doing all the work lol! I don't even know what the Dothraki offer!

Volimar

Poor horsies tho.

I love how the Dothraki guy told Tyron his people cannot fight, meanwhile it was the dragon doing all the work lol! I don't even know what the Dothraki offer!

You must have missed all the throat cutting and killing. Aside from the initial attack, Drogon was mostly targeting wagons.

sangreal

Jaime looked around and saw so much death. I think he will realize Cersei caused so much of this. Seeing his men die.

Also Cersei will blame him for losing the gold I bet. Rift will begin next week between them if Jaime lives.

they didn't lose the gold

sam's dad said it was all through the gates

That shot of Drogon wrecking shit again near and on the ground made me think of Drakengard 3 with Zero and her dragon doing the same from the CG trailer that was able to show it in all its glory had the game had a top tier dev and budget.

Oh my God, I wanted Bronn to live but I also wanted Drogon to live.

Goddamn, this fight had me conflicted. Love it.

Yeah.

zeemumu

Jaime looked around and saw so much death. I think he will realize Cersei caused so much of this. Seeing his men die.

Also Cersei will blame him for losing the gold I bet. Rift will begin next week between them if Jaime lives.

All the more reason that he's gonna be the one to kill her

aBarreras

The money will arrive to Kings Landing and The Anti-Dragon weapon was tested in combat with success.

people cant eat gold,

either she uses to buy food, and pisses the iron bank

or she pays her debt and dies of starvation

she won nothing

The One and Done™;245566836 said:
Armor plates? It's a fleshy dragon not a soldier.

Right because the arrows just bounce off flesh. It's pretty common for dragons in any fantasy setting to have hard rigid plates.

Looks like scale mail to me, and in this episode he's a lot larger.

Hit it in the wing joint. Good enough hit to make it unable to fly but didnt hit any vital organs.

Would have killed it it hit on the head.

Yep but it's gonna be based on how well the user is, and I bet Dany is wiser now. Shit wasn't the amazing dragon problem solver Qyburn sold Cersei on.

Fuck man I got so hype when I thought Bronn was gonna do some pimp shit and take down a dragon.

Glad Daenerys didn't accomplish shit but take out a handful of pawns. What a tactician. Stay losing, dummy.

Next episode preview kind of implied that she also captured Jaime.

Pretty much.

The bulk of the Lannisters army had already arrived at King's Landing with golds taken from Tyrells.

What Jamie had was the tail of the army, the very backside.

gun_haver

Eh? Cersei was the one riding the dragon and torching thousands of people?

He didn't lose the gold either, it's already at King's Landing.

mm04

Good grief I was so conflicted during that battle. I didn't know what to feel. I probably felt like Tyrion thinking you stupid idiot Jamie. You're going to get yourself killed. But at the same time I can't root for Cersei's army either. That was pretty damn Epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom