• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Deku Tree

I've been reading all the theories in this thread.
So how can there be three dragon riders (Tyrion, Danrys, John) if one of the dragons becomes a White Walker?

Vectorman

Banned
When your crush might die
*heavy breathing*

giphy.gif

That look you give when you've been friendzoned and your love is more concerned about the competition than you.

pablito

Would you want Sam to be the lord of your house?

Are there punishments for denying your rightful heir their...inheritances (dunno if that's the word)? Aside from risking however the heir will feel about it.

Wondering if Randyll threatening to kill Sam was necessary.

what?, she still alive, the poison that they gave her, doesnt kill you instantly.

but on a second thought, with the passage of time on this show, i really dont know anymore

We either see her rotting corpse or being close to death.
I highly doubt that we still see her in good health.

orochi91

So how can there be three dragon riders (Tyrion, Danrys, John) if one of the dragons becomes a White Walker?

Wait, that leak was legit?

Night King is already OP as fuck,
but now he gets a Dragon too?!

RulkezX

Why have you spoiler tagged that ?

It'll just be Dany and Jon.

Tyrion being a secret Targerean was always a dumb theory

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Relieved? I would rather hope she would be appalled at the thought of having killed the father and brother of Jon's best friend and Jorahs savior. Fuck Dany for burning the Tarly's. It gives what Davos said to Missandei some weight when he asked her if she really believed Dany would let them go if they choose not to support her cause.

That's not what Davos asked her at all. He asked her if she decided that she wanted to go home, what would Dany do. I'm sorry, did Missandei betray one of Dany's allies? Did she ransack their city, pillage and loot it? Did she then refuse the offer to stay what is unquestionably an automatic death sentence and instead chose to die?

It's why Tyrion and Varys were freaking out. You can justify what she did all you want, she still burned two men alive.

So the method of execution is what bothers you? Using Drogon insured that they died quick (within seconds they were ash), and it had the shock factor in that no one else died besides the two oath breakers.

But having traitors squirm for close to a minute while they hang is fine.

393539431eba705964c21f121c69d83eedc5246a_hq.gif

And this ladies and gentlemen is a fine death for the Bolton betrayer of House Stark.

dark-sansa.gif

What did Jon think Sansa was going to do with Ramsay, and who arranged for Ramsay to be kept imprisoned on the kennel?

SArcher

Banned
"I'm not here to murder"
5 seconds later
"I will burn my prisoners alive"

This was the first time I truly hated Dany. Every scene she was in after the burning annoyed me to no end. Hope she doesn't get the throne tbh.

manfestival

I have a feeling that we arent going to get any really meaningful deaths going on in this season till maybe the finale? This season feels kinda cookie cutter and rushed but delivering on some awaited fan moments.

FStubbs

Relieved? I would rather hope she would be appalled at the thought of having killed the father and brother of Jon's best friend and Jorahs savior. Fuck Dany for burning the Tarly's. It gives what Davos said to Missandei some weight when he asked her if she really believed Dany would let them go if they choose not to support her cause.

One thing to keep in mind is that Danaerys in Essos isn't Danaerys in Westeros. In Essos she was the breaker of chains. In Westeros? She sees this place as hers and these people in power as her opponents. She warmed up to Jon obviously, but these other people? Bend the f**king knee, you're part of the wheel I want to break.

"I'm not here to murder"
5 seconds later

This was the first time I truly hated Dany. Every scene she was in after the burning annoyed me to no end. Hope she doesn't get the throne tbh.
What good would have come from keeping them alive? They're lucky they didn't die in battle.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
It's why Tyrion and Varys were freaking out. You can justify what she did all you want, she still burned two men alive.

And? Ned behaded someone on S1E1, Tyrion killed his dad for being an asshole, John killed a kid and everyone who stabbed him,Arya is on a revenge killing spree and the list goes on and on. So why are there different standard for her? Her shipped were burned, they killed everyone at highgarden including Olenna. So seriously tell me why cant Daenerys kill her enemies the way she wishes. She even offered a way out but choose death, she is better than EVERYONE in this show.

Ravelle

Drogon's fire must be really super hot though, like crazy hot if it can turn dudes and platemail in to dust within seconds.

-griffy-

Banned
And? Ned behaded someone on S1E1, Tyrion killed his dad for being an asshole, John killed a kid and everyone who stabbed him,Arya is on a revenge killing spree and the list goes on and on. So why are there different standard for her? Her shipped were burned, they killed everyone at highgarden including Olenna. So seriously tell me why cant Daenerys kill her enemies the way she wishes

She's supposed to be better than everyone else, so when she does what everyone else does she isn't any better.

RulkezX

I have a feeling that we arent going to get any really meaningful deaths going on in this season till maybe the finale? This season feels kinda cookie cutter and rushed but delivering on some awaited fan moments.

The main characters are seeing this through to the end.

I doubt we'll see any meaningful deaths before the last 2-3 episodes of the show.

She's supposed to be better than everyone else, so when she does what everyone else does she isn't any better.
But she isn't any worse.

And these were justified. They just sacked Highgarden. There were no innocents there.

They're also choosing to support crazy ass Cersei who fucking blew up the Sept and everyone inside, including the previous queen, resulting in her child's suicide.

No way does one of the dragons become a white walker. The army of the dead has the numbers which the humans don't. In order to even up the battles, the dragons are on the humans side.

I could see a dragon dying from battle in the south, but I can't see it happening and the dragon becoming undead.

With the three dragons = Jon, Tyrion and Danny theory, I could see both Tyrion and a dragon dying in the same episode, so you never see them actually bond.

My favourite theory would be if bran wargs the third dragon though.

Heshinsi

What good would have come from keeping them alive? They're lucky they didn't die in battle.

Man she should have given that option to the soldiers and executed the lords right off the bat. Seven seasons of oath breakers being executed (at times far more viciously than what happened to the Tarlys, and never given an option for a stay) and as always, it's a problem when Dany does it.

They would have all been executed with out any options had it been, "everyone else".

The Cowboy

Can I ask, why are people posting GIFs/screen grabs of the promo/preview? - that's against the thread rules right?.

Some of us don't watch them.
-
Disregard, this is happening most likely as I'm on mobile.

Can I ask, why are people posting GIFs/screen grabs of the promo/preview? - that's against the thread rules right?.

They've been spoilered for the most part. Gifs don't get properly hidden behind spoiler tags on mobile though.

I have already accepted this fate but I want to be in denial of it. Where is the GRRM shock treatment?! :(
GRRM wants you to think something will happen, then takes it away and prevents it from happening.

D&D are reuniting all the main characters for higher episode ratings because it's what the fans want to see. Kind of makes who's gonna die and who isn't gonna die a lot more predictable.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

I dont think its against the rules, at least I cant find it in the OP where it says that. Its neither leaked or book info. Teaser is out for everyone to see amd discuss just like the episode itself.

Timbuktu

And? Ned behaded someone on S1E1, Tyrion killed his dad for being an asshole, John killed a kid and everyone who stabbed him,Arya is on a revenge killing spree and the list goes on and on. So why are there different standard for her? Her shipped were burned, they killed everyone at highgarden including Olenna. So seriously tell me why cant Daenerys kill her enemies the way she wishes

It really is about her dad, even though there were so much made the other week about son/daughters not being held responsible for their father's sins. Still, those like Varys and Jaime would project their fear and guilt over the Mad King to her. The belief that incest meant half of the Targ end up being mad doesn't help matters. You sort of know Jon does like hanging those guys and do it as a last resort, whereas the worry for Dany is not about now but whether she would grow to like it in the future. Stannis was a lot worst in this regard.

And Randyll refusing to even take the black really leaves no choice. He wanted to die. And Dickon was just an idiot that the writers wanted to burn. The unknown is what they have planned for Sam about this, whether it causes a rift between Jon/Dany etc.

Nerokis

My opinion could evolve after further evaluation, or after rewatching the episode with a different mindset, or as the season progresses...but this last episode might be a good candidate for the worst in the entire series.

Just can't remember an episode that was so disruptive to prior storytelling work, or so full of bizarrely rushed scenes. The jarring tonal shift of going from watching Dany burn alive a father and his son, to watching her appear over Jon to the tune of a blindly triumphant song. Jorah appearing out of nowhere, having his reunion with Dany awkwardly fitted into her post-battle reunion with Jon, and doing absolutely nothing before leaving her again. The ebb and flow of war that was established over the past four episodes suddenly morphing into a quest to capture a Wight. The fact that motherfucking Gendry went from being a meme to finding himself north of the wall as the Wight Crew's resident Berserker over the course of 10 minutes.

I ended the episode not knowing how to feel, but not feeling good overall. If the next couple episodes build on it well, I'm sure I'll think about it much more charitably.

The Cowboy

I dont think its against the rules, at least I cant find it in the OP where it says that. Its neither leaked or book info. Teaser is out for everyone to see amd discuss just like the episode itself.
"Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from HBO previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places."

This is under the thread rules.
-
Seems it may be because I'm on mobile though, cheers conkerkid.

- Regular TV thread rules apply:
Once something airs in the US on the East Coast, it's fair game. Feel free to discuss anything that has aired without using spoiler tags.
Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from HBO previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places.
Speculation from people that haven't read the books is fine and encouraged.
CTRL + F "preview"

"Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from HBO previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places."

This is under the thread rules.
-
Seems it may be because I'm on mobile though, cheers conkerkid.
They should probably just be posting the link to those gifs / images, and spoilering that, rather than embedding them.

Heshinsi

"I'm not here to murder"
5 seconds later

You know we executed prisoners who committed capital crimes in war prior to their imprisonment right? Betraying the house you are sworn to, then sacking, pillaging, and looting their capital, is a capital offense. Plus the first quote was paired with, "bend the knee and you live, don't and I execute you for your treason." What kind of weak ass monarch gives oath breakers an option to not be executed, has that thrown back at her, and then not follow through with her promise?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
She could've torched a lot of them.

She torched two, and the rest bent the knee.

It was c a l c u l a t e d.

Genghis was a lot less forgiving than she is.

Top Bottom