• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Anyone been collecting the cute Pop! figures?

I want to make sure Sansa is my first one. I don't think they have one out of her yet though :(

I just got the Arya one (since she's my favorite character). The first one I got from Amazon was missing the right hand (Jamie-style Arya) and Needle. Once I went on Ebay, I got a perfect condition one for even cheaper.

PFD

Just slightly above average here.

She towers over her peers

tumblr_n4g5q1njm21ts1igyrh.jpg

Man, I could watch GoT cast pictures on tumblr for hours. There's tons of stuff there.

Jaime doing Banderas

tumblr_n2ht43wuoh1qln95y7a.png

RL Varys looking shady

Cersei cheating with Oberyn

tumblr_n3tkh7e4vx1s4wvmye3.gif

tumblr_n3tkh7e4vx1s4w9vy1h.gif

More gifs

tumblr_n3yworleix1t95hdz0b.gif

tumblr_n2pi33otjs1qcmdzlfh.gif

tumblr_n37x0yinof1sphg1xpu.gif

Peagles

He killed 10 men before Robb's men could capture him at the end of season 1.

I could take some non-spoiler book quotes on Jaime but it's not the bookthread so I'll spare you that. But Jaime was pretty much the best swordsman in Westeros.

Please no book stuff for me, thanks. I'm planning to read them after this season though.

Really...? lol

Yeh, they just haven't really shown him fighting that much, he might be good but even in his best scenes he just seemed in par with others who are pretty good. He also seems really insecure about it, but that could be because it's all he's got (had)...

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
No way?!

There weren't 8000+ soldiers on set?

wtf

Never watching this piece of shit show again
I lol'ed

There's a pretty big difference between armored formations and civilians in a 5 second shot close enough for us to see duplicate faces. It's the overall quality of the show that makes moments like this upsetting for me. I know some people couldn't care less.
I have to admit, I never once noticed, and I'd wager 99% of watchers didn't either. Sorry to break it to you but yes you are nitpicking.

I'm beginning to develop an unhealthy fondness with Gwendolyn Christie. She is a whole bunch of beautiful.
She is, but that dress is... yuk.

I just went to the spoilers section accidentally and didn't realize until like 10 posts later . . . . . . I think I read a pretty big spoiler with a current character, and I don't know what to make of it. :( FUCK!

Carbonox

I've never been caught out by the spoiler thread mainly cos every time I want to find this thread, I ALWAYS read the title. :p

Let's just hope I don't decide to come on drunk one night where I'd be less inclined to do so.

Hmm. It's a tricky question, because obviously as a general argument, "if she wasn't fighting back with everything she had she secretly wanted it" is stupid, fucked up, and liable to lead you to wrong conclusions. On the other hand, given everything we know about this character, someone saying "if Cersei didn't want it it would not have happened" might plausibly be saying something specific to the character rather than deliberately or accidentally invoking the broader, incorrect argument.

Even in the specific, the argument feels squicky. But I don't think we necessarily need to assume that someone making it would use the general argument.

I understand what you are saying but I disagree completely in this case. Someone saying, "no", "stop it" and you still do it is rape. It doesn't matter whether she had a knife in her hand and she could've stopped him if she 'really wanted to'. That fact that we see her physically trying to struggle with him and him saying "I don't care"? That's just icing on the cake imo. She says no, then it's rape.

ASIS

I never used to really believe in the whole "rape culture" thing. I mean I always understood the inherent problems of the he-said, she-said nature of it, but I never truly understood. I always thought that most people were well rounded and knew what rape was, and that ads trying to educate people about it were preaching to the converted. But now I feel stupid. When I hear people say that Cersei would've fought harder if she didn't want it, my heart sinks. Really depressing shit.

To be honest I felt that Cersei was having an inner battle in herself. On one hand, I think she liked it because she was kissing him back, and she also said "not now'. I am not saying that wasn't rape, because "not now" is still a good enough reason to stop. But I also felt that a part of Cersei (a significant part, at that) wanted it, just not there and then. Doesn't make it any less comfortable to watch though.

Stannis is useless.

100% Agreed. For all the flack that Dany gets because her parts are 'repetitve', Stannis hasn't done shit since the battle of Black water. His scenes are just him being grumpy and Melissandre burning people and doing weird magic.

sant

He killed 10 men before Robb's men could capture him at the end of season 1.

I could take some non-spoiler book quotes on Jaime but it's not the bookthread so I'll spare you that. But Jaime was pretty much the best swordsman in Westeros.

Isn't Set Barristan the best swordsman?

On the other hand, given everything we know about this character, someone saying "if Cersei didn't want it it would not have happened" might plausibly be saying something specific to the character rather than deliberately or accidentally invoking the broader, incorrect argument.
The argument still wouldn't have been without flaws, though, because what could she have possibly done to stop him? She'd risk them getting caught together in the sept, only confirming the vicious rumors surrounding them. It was definitely rape either way, though, whether she fought back or not, submitted to him or not, or ended up enjoying it.

^

I thought so too, about Ser Barristan, but maybe Jaime's up there in top three or something.

Im not decided yet on Stannis. His arc can be very boring and drabby, I agree. I keep hoping he'd be a real contender to the throne..... at some point, and soon, because the longer he sits and broods and do nothing in his little fortress, the more irrelevant he's becoming.

Speevy

Banned
I think they should have filmed a scene at the Battle of Blackwater in which Stannis is slicing off the top of dudes' heads and he runs into The Hound.

True fact: Stannis is the only person to cut off the top of someone's head.

speevy, at least that would have given him more badassness, and badassness is exciting. current stannis is nothing but a dreary old man that was chased off blackwaters to huddle in his fortress

tarius, i think he will be terrible either way! but interesting. but terrible! he does not have flexibility and would rule with an iron fist. history would have remembered him as tyrant, i think...

Sean'O, well maybe not all three at once :>

Even now Barriston could carve through Jamie, Bronn, and Jon Snow like a cake...

I'm pretty sure Barristan could work just about anyone in this series in single combat.

I feel like Barristan is probably the best fighter, but Bronn is probably the most dangerous. Darrio gives me Bronn vibes. It'd be fun to watch them fight.

Nameless

Cyan

Banned
I understand what you are saying but I disagree completely in this case. Someone saying, "no", "stop it" and you still do it is rape. It doesn't matter whether she had a knife in her hand and she could've stopped him if she 'really wanted to'. That fact that we see her physically trying to struggle with him and him saying "I don't care"? That's just icing on the cake imo. She says no, then it's rape.

Well, it's not a line of argument I'm at all interested in actually defending, so I think I'll leave it at that I essentially agree with you, and if the director intended it to look consensual they didn't communicate that at all effectively.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Where is that dancing Tyrion in chains gif coming from? It seem to be from a future episode, but that part wasn't in the preview from last sunday.

Nerokis

I noticed little finger brushed that necklace onto the fool's body. I'm sure they will find it and it will implicate Sansa. I doubt she will ever be back in kings landing, now.

Yeah, I had the same observation. Little does he know that Lady Olenna noticed Sansa's necklace, found it suspect, and took one of the beads for future inspection. Perhaps the necklace will somehow come up during Tyrion's trial?

Yeah, I had the same observation. Little does he know that Lady Olenna noticed Sansa's necklace, found it suspect, and took one of the beads for future inspection. Perhaps the necklace will somehow come up during Tyrion's trial?

But that doesn't explain how Joffrey was poisoned or who did it. Olenna has to be in cahoots with little finger, he gave the necklace to dontos, dontos gave it to Sansa, that is how they got the poison into the wedding.

My thinking was that olenna took the bead which was filled of or made of poison, put it in Jeffrey's drink and little finger and olenna were going to frame the murder on Sansa.

Olenna took the opportunity to poison the goblet when it was put down near her. It was the best opportunity she would have so she took it. The fact that Tyrian is now taking the majority of the wrap won't matter to ole a or littlefinger one bit.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
If we are to take Westeros to be set in a 15th century england equivalent, the rape would be no big deal as she is not a virgin and has no husband, and so no crime would have been committed. She would also have been raped by Jaime when she had consensual sex with him while she was still married, as rape was pretty much defined as theft or damage of property from the husband or father rather than anything to do with force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom