• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHarvey16

Honestly, this has been a serious problem since last season. But then the Red Wedding happened and tricked people into thinking GoT was a properly plotted show.

The red wedding tricked people into thinking it was paced well? You'll have to expand on that because it doesn't make any sense.

Dragon

Banned
I really don't like her delivery of that line. Their supposed to be having a quiet aside and she's so bombastic about it. It seems like her tone of voice is stuck on "mother of dragons" this season.

They need scenes to move faster too. There are so many characters now and so much to get to, even with all the stuff crammed into each episode I end up feeling like nothing really happens.

Complaining aside, I loved Brienne setting out with some shiny new gear. I really enjoy how we're slowly finding out more details about the assassination. I laughed when Margery asked if she can come visit again and Tommen shook his head like "duh, every night please". Best part was definitely the ending which took the scope of the show to a whole new level. I'm really happy to see more fantasy elements come into play and I want to go explore the far, far north now.

She's a poor actress and has about as much range as a 50 year old overweight dude on a basketball court.

She's a poor actress and has about as much range as a 50 year old overweight dude on a basketball court.
She's obviously out-acted on the show, but it's not like the writers give her any casual conversations a la Tyrion. She always has some dramatic one or two lines per episode. I mean she was talking about the torturous murder of 163(?) children. I have no problem with her raising her voice.

demolitio

Damn, I was pretty good with Olenna's reasoning for the assassination as well which was the biggest blank. Margaery's scene with Tommen was funny.

Locke needs to be beheaded by a white walker.

inm8num2

16 minutes into the episode.....

SOMEBODY CROWN ME THE FUCKING KING

Ok.

got-2-6-7.gif

lmpaler

Well, if he gets to Margaery at least once before the wedding actually happens at least he'd die happier than the last few kings.

This season has gone on too long without that beautiful woman being naked. I'm about to boycott the show ;)

And Tommen got that swag now lol. That was funny.

Also the ending put an interesting twist on why I thought that was happening in first place.

Interesting episode. Not sure we needed to waste time with the mutineers at Crasters Keep though. Pretty sure anyone knew what was happening their. Could of skipped how almighty they think they are and used that time for something more interesting. Having Brandon their now though should be interesting. Pretty obvious what all will go down though. All I know is Martin better have satisfied his thirst for Stark blood.

And if one thing is to be said about the Tyrells. They seem to know how to play the game that they are equipped to play. The Starks had a sense of power and honor and tried to go toe to toe with the Lannisters and while they would of won if the battle was fought on a field, they all lose at the game of scheming and politicking.

Dany has set herself up about as well as anyone on this show. I think even with her Dragons not being full strength she could put a major hurting on any army in Westeros at this point. The fact that she has 3 growing dragons just makes it look all the more obvious she is the strongest person in the world at this point. Obvious does not seem to Suit Martin well though so we shall see how this whole thing plays out.

Not sure what to make of the white walkers turning the baby into one of them with a touch. We could basically tell that was happening since season 1. What was the significance of that moment? And what happened to that massive white walker army that was marching on the wall all those shows ago last season? They made it look as if the army was very, very close to invading.

All in all, enjoyable as always.

I really hope the trial is next week. I'm sure something bad is going to happen to Tyrion and the more they stretch it out the more I'm worried.

Angry Fork

Sad that Brienne had to leave. Her relationship with Jaime is awesome, and it feels like it teeters on more than friendship, at least in Brienne's case towards Jaime.

I hope Jaime defends Tyrion against Cersei when the time comes. This show always has honorable deeds go punished, I want to see something good and just happen for a change =( besides Joffrey.

Also that skinny unsullied guy's face is annoying as fuck, it never changes away from scowling. I loathe the entire Daenerys storyline in general, it's so boring to me and she's almost as cunty/entitled as Joffrey.

Gila

When I saw Michelle MacLaren directing the epsisode I got really hyped, but it wasn't like her other work for some reason.

Great ep nonetheless

I really liked the scene where Jamie and Tyrion were talking and Tyrion says "are you really asking if I killed your son?" And Jamie replies with "Are you really asking if I'd kill my brother?"

Brooooos.

demolitio

Sad that Brienne had to leave. Her relationship with Jaime is awesome, and it feels like it teeters on more than friendship, at least in Brienne's case towards Jaime.

I hope Jaime defends Tyrion against Cersei when the time comes. This show always has honorable deeds go punished, I want to see something good and just happen for a change =( besides Joffrey.

Also that skinny unsullied guy's face is annoying as fuck, it never changes away from scowling. I loathe the entire Daenerys storyline in general, it's so boring to me and she's almost as cunty/entitled as Joffrey.

I think that's the arc they're leading us down with Jaime. He'll have to decide if he's honorable enough to stick up for his brother regardless of the outcome, whether it be during the trial or actually breaking him out if need be, he has to do something for Tyrion since he's the only one to treat Tyrion like family. Bronn really opened Jaime's eyes I think.

I just hope he bounces back from his previous deeds and at least does some good in the world (it's not fictional!). They keep mentioning his pages in the book for a reason. People keep expecting his story to be black and white when this series does a good job of making every character believable. He can do great things while still doing some bad things. You don't have to love him or hate him either. I remember the awful things he's done but still enjoy the character and the moral conflicts.

Brienne did a lot of good for Jaime and she's looks awesome in her new gear. It's going to be interesting to see where she goes from here.

So that´s how WW are made. WW king turns living into WW. I thought the dead become WW.

Nice that Jamie is helping Tyrion, and Brianne to keep her oath. The Tyrells confession, i did not like because it was too predictable. Tommen you lucky bastard. Bran better escape soon. And show Arya and Hound next week.

Who would get the throne if Tommen was killed?

I think at that point it would jump back to Stannis?

Robert was king. Then it went down the line of his children.

Once that line is dead wouldn't it go to the eldest brother? Which turns out to be Stannis as he is the only one left alive.

I think at that point it would jump back to Stannis?

Robert was king. Then it went down the line of his children.

Once that line is dead wouldn't it go to the eldest brother? Which turns out to be Stannis as he is the only one left alive.

I guess, I wonder if the Tyrells would go for it..........or Littlefinger :eek:

Next week's episode is going to be super good. This week they were definitely setting the table for future episodes and it looks like we won't have to wait long for the payoff.

I am finally interested again in what is happening North of the Wall. Locke is looking for Bran who is with the Night's Watch rebels while Jon Snow is preparing to march on the rebels with Locke in tow.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I think that's the arc they're leading us down with Jaime. He'll have to decide if he's honorable enough to stick up for his brother regardless of the outcome, whether it be during the trial or actually breaking him out if need be, he has to do something for Tyrion since he's the only one to treat Tyrion like family. Bronn really opened Jaime's eyes I think.

I just hope he bounces back from his previous deeds and at least does some good in the world (it's not fictional!). They keep mentioning his pages in the book for a reason. People keep expecting his story to be black and white when this series does a good job of making every character believable. He can do great things while still doing some bad things. You don't have to love him or hate him either. I remember the awful things he's done but still enjoy the character and the moral conflicts.

Brienne did a lot of good for Jaime and she's looks awesome in her new gear. It's going to be interesting to see where she goes from here.

Jaimie did all his bad acts/sins with his right hand, his sword hand, now that hand is gone he's a changed man now. I'm not entirely sure what part he'll end up playing with his brother's trial but something tells me we are about to see great things from Jaimie.

It's the one thing I like about this show, no one is purely good or evil it's all about different perspectives and shades of grey. Jaimie understands how the world works and the hypocrisy all around him, he doesn't so much care what others think of him but more what he thinks of himself and his legacy.

Next week's episode is going to be super good. This week they were definitely setting the table for future episodes and it looks like we won't have to wait long for the payoff.

I am finally interested again in what is happening North of the Wall. Locke is looking for Bran who is with the Night's Watch rebels while Jon Snow is preparing to march on the rebels with Locke in tow.

My question is... what the fuck is going on with the White Walkers?

Is it a cycle? Do the WW always come around every couple thousand years and just fuck everything up? They do cross continents and just completely wreck the world?

Clearly there were people who fought the WW in the past. They forged dragonglass weapons that seem to be the only counter to them.

Are there historical documents to prove the existence of the WW?

Do the people of Westeros just accept the WW threat as an inevitable event?

Good episode. I really liked the cinematography in that episode.

Knew it was Olenna once Sansa denied it! Figured that whole "Only a monster would kill at a wedding" was just foreshadowing. That whole White Walkers thing is not explained well in this show. Or there should really be a reminder of what they are.

Overall, Margaery wins this episode.

SUMMER :(

GHOST :(

Theyre all gonna die arent they T_T

Also, when Tommen was talking about Joffrey murdering Sir Pounce and feeding it to him, I just signed deeply and went "Oh, Joffrey". I miss the dude already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom