• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That was so lame. She should've totally kissed him on the mouth. Everything about this scene screamed producer holdback.

...or Margaery, one of the few seemingly morally balanced characters on the show, is smart enough to recognise a sexually oblivious/inexperienced pubescent boy will probably not respond reliably to blatant sexual advances and given this is a long term goal with severe repercussions should she fail/is caught is better off playing her cards carefully and becoming someone Tommen can fully trust.

The goal is to make Tommen desire her. The more subtly she can do it the less the risk and the more she has to work with in the long term.

Ovid

RnIjiIJ.jpg
I thought the raising of the Targaryen flag was a cool scene. A house once thought to be destroyed is on its way back to the top.

I thought the raising of the Targaryen flag was a cool scene. A house once thought to be destroyed is on its way back to the top.

I found it more Reichstag with Dany looking over the horizon with the flag behind her than Stalingrad

I agree, the slow subduction seems to be the best way given his age. Do we know exactly how old Tommen is?

Tommen's one lucky bastard. Sugar mama at his age.

CloudWolf

I think it's both.

The dead become WW and the living can too.
Wrong, the dead become wights, not White Walkers. Wights can be killed by simple fire, but White Walkers have to be killed by those dragonglass daggers that Sam picked up at the end of S02 (and used in the last season to great effect).

Vashetti

Banned
Holy shit that was an amazing episode. This Season is on fire.

Only frustrating scene was Bran not warging into Karl (sp?) or Rast.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Holy shit that was an amazing episode. This Season is on fire.

Only frustrating scene was Bran not warging into Karl (sp?) or Rast.

I was kind of waiting for it during that bit but I'm not sure he can
The only reason he can probably do Hodor is because he is so simple. Anything more complex would probably be too difficult to control

Nameless

Starks only had one great sword called "Ice." A great sword is a huge two handed blade. Rob took it up after Ned's death.

Luckilly the Starks scored another sword. The one that was gifted to Jon Snow.

Robb didn't use Ice. Ned was beheaded with it and it remained in Lannister possession until Tywin found the best living smith able to rework Valyrian steel.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Tommen was getting a massive boner, but Margaery left him blueballed as fuck. I bet he beat his wood a few times that night.

Damn, I never thought if this. For some reason I though he could only control crows and dire wolves.

He's a Charles Xavier like prodigy, his Warging seems like second nature, a sixth sense almost. In the series he might only be the only Stark to have warging abilities even.
I doubt they would go too over the top though. Maybe he posses one and takes great effort and nearly gets killed doing it because of the stress.

televator

Robb didn't use Ice. Ned was beheaded with it and it remained in Lannister possession until Tywin found the best living smith able to rework Valyrian steel.

That's true. I had forgoten that it was present at Ned's execution. I would have figured the lanisters would have brought it in earlier... weird.

Vashetti

Banned
Unless there's a drastic drop off in quality (c'mon, how likely is that to happen?), then this Season is easily going to be the best so far I think.

I don't get the complaints at all, everyone is giving 110%. Acting, cinematography, script, CGI, music, all fantastic.

Jackpot

Banned
*sigh* I wonder how many of Bran's troop we'll have to watch get gutted like pigs. Was half-expecting him to Warg into an ex-nights watch and kill everyone but it seems we need our torture quota first.

I counted 13 super walkers at the end. People said one looked like Joffery. it'd be cool if every dead King became a super walker afterwards.

Ovid

*sigh* I wonder how many of Bran's troop we'll have to watch get gutted like pigs. Was half-expecting him to Warg into an ex-nights watch and kill everyone but it seems we need our torture quota first.

I counted 13 super walkers at the end. People said one looked like Joffery. it'd be cool if every dead King became a super walker afterwards.
That's what I was thinking.

Sorta like the inverse of what's happening south of the wall. Once a king dies he's reincarnated as King of the WW.

What's a Super Walker and pics of Joffery Walker?
Was the Zombie Ned Stark rumour true then?

Wait... Ned is buried in Winterfell and Joffery in King's Landing. How could they become Walkers?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It didn't look anything like Joffrey. Joffrey is body is known and on the other side of the continent, and his actor has stated he's retiring now that his role is finished.

Whoever the white walker dude is I'm sure they're very ancient and important. They're the biggest mystery of the show, not just because of their purpose and moral compass, but also because of just how they operate. The child sequence seemed to me to indicate they're a lot more ordered and civilised than we've been shown so far, which admittedly has only been glimpse. Here we see thirteen robed, authoritarian white walkers clearly with plans.

Nameless

As a dog lover, I can't take any more Dire Wolf murder. I'll be rooting for Summer and Ghost over JoJen and his sister for sure. Hodor's death would be absolutely excruciating to watch, though. Him screaming "Hodor" in total fear & agony, no thanks. Bran is a Stark so he automatically gets a pass, besides this show NEEDS a Stark reunion. I need it.

As a dog lover, I can't take any more Dire Wolf murder. I'll be rooting for Summer and Ghost over JoJen and his sister for sure. Hodor's death would be absolutely excruciating to watch, though. Him screaming "Hodor" in total fear & agony, no thanks. Bran is a Stark so he automatically gets a pass, besides this show NEEDS a Stark reunion. I need it.

I would love to see that they don't until the very last season. Just Sansa in full Lannister style dress, Jon Snow, the King Of Castle Black,
Assassin's Crred/Dishonored style
Arya and Brandon 'Professor X' Stark chatting about what fun adventure they have been up to while looking like they are about to burst into tears any moment

Nameless

I would love to see that they don't until the very last season. Just Sansa in full Lannister style dress, Jon Snow, the King Of Castle Black,
Assassin's Crred/Dishonored style
Arya and Brandon 'Professor X' Stark chatting about what fun adventure they have been up to while looking like they are about to burst into tears any moment

As much as I'd love this it's far more optimistic than anything I've imagined. Jon and Bran, Arya and Sansa, maybe someone crosses paths poor Rickon, but all 5 remaining Stark children in the same place and the same time? Frankly I don't think GRRM is that good of a person.

As much as I'd love this it's far more optimistic than anything I've imagined. Jon and Bran, Arya and Sansa, maybe someone crosses paths poor Rickon, but all 5 remaining Stark children in the same place and the same time? Frankly I don't think GRRM is that good of a person.

Obviously, the scene occurs while they are chained to crosses and Dany is about to have her dragons roast them alive but not before Tyrion shanks her in the ankle making her fall into the path of fire and getting killed. Tyrion sits on the throne

Vlodril

I think i missed something between last season and now. Where is rickon and his wolf exactly? Last i remember they were together with bran but i did not see them today.

Nameless

Obviously, the scene occurs while they are chained to crosses and Dany is about to have her dragons roast them alive but not before Tyrion shanks her in the ankle making her fall into the path of fire and getting killed. Tyrion sits on the throne

Epilogue: Daeny emerges naked and triumphant because shes immune to fire. Jorah has aneurism and dies.

I feel like I'm missing something here ...
I mean with Daenerys. Seems like people think what she's done is harsh (reading the comments here at least) or some new level for her character but I'm gonna have to side with the 160 something dead lil slave girls these fuckers killed to parade around as a warning.

Maybe that's how she learns to connect with her dragons ... can't be merciful all the time. Sometimes you gotta dish out old school Karma.

Plus it's not really that different than what she did before by having all the masters killed. That was more of a power rush moment ot passion and this was more "I can do anything with you .... but I'm gonna go that karma route!".
Sounds like she's not all that removed from the insanity that plagued her relatives and ancestors.

I think i missed something between last season and now. Where is rickon and his wolf exactly? Last i remember they were together with bran but i did not see them today.

He left. I think it was last season? With Osha. They were going to one of the Houses that was loyal to the Starks still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom