• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hermit

Damn was rooting for Oberyn to get his revenge, but wearing light armor and drinking before the fight with the Mountain? Guy was too full of himself that's for damn sure.

Wearing light armor and spear works in Dark Souls... So does lowering your guard when you think you won.

This was basically a Dark Souls fight.

someone should make a proper gif with stamina bars and health bars, ending with YOU DIED.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
JUST GOT IT FUCKING SPOILED BY FACEBOOK

GOD

DAMMIT

O2wSx19394.jpg

Protein

Banned
Honestly, if Oberyn would have taken a clean sword thrust to the chest it wouldn't have been as bad. But the Mountain is gonna mountain. The way he died made it a hundred times worse.

neoism

how the fuck wasn't that a draw :/

also WTF at Sansa lol did he tap it :p did she turn evil.. lol that was the stupidest/silliest thing I've seen yet...

OH SHIT! I just realized one thing that may possibly save Tyrion...

Mother Fucking Stannis Baratheon!

You can't execute someone if Stannis is knocking on your door with a brand new army

OH SHIT! I just realized one thing that may possibly save Tyrion...

Mother Fucking Stannis Baratheon!

You can't execute someone if Stannis is knocking on your door with a brand new army
If anything, Stannis will probably head to the Wall, going by the message Onion Knight received end of last season.

I don't see Dany, Bran, Jon or Tyrion dying until maybe the very end. It's kinda obvious imo

Bran is obvious because they keep holding back what's to come.

Tyrion, there's no plot strong enough to keep him alive.

Dany, her dragons could just as easily kill her as the mountain killed Oberyn. They've already teased how dangerous they are at the start of the season.

Jon can also easily die when the wildlings arrive at the wall, there's absolutely no reason for his plot to continue that we're aware of.

Bran on the other hand, he's safe for now.

Elaborate.

ReiGun

On the plus side, Dark Sansa's cleavage was looking scrumptious. Even if that dress did make her look like a Final Fantasy villain.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
That death scene was just... wow ugh o_O

The long speech about the simpleton and the beetles being smashed I thought was pointless. Then I realized the characters are the beetles and RR Martin is the guy killing them off nonstop.

potam

Banned
At least he killed the Mountain for his sister.

####ripviperyn

The long speech about the simpleton and the beetles being smashed I thought was pointless. Then I realized the characters are the beetles and RR Martin is the guy killing them off nonstop.

omg

Yeef

Towards the end I was really hoping that Oberyn would get fed up, impale the mountains face, pull his spear out and javelin toss it at Tywin.

But good things aren't allowed to happen.

i was actually stupid enough to think oberyn would win

lol
Same here.
I should have known that they would pull this shit.

The worst part for me is that they let Gregor get a 3 piece combo on poor Oberyn.
He knocked his teeth out, taunted him about his sister, and smashed his head in....that's a horribly gruesome way for an awesome character to go out......
:(
Also poor Jorah.

todd360

Well that is one way of interpreting it. I kinda like it, but at the same time I don't think that was what they were going for. I was thinking something along the lines of the beetle smasher feeling empowered or something.

Ovid

how the fuck wasn't that a draw :/

also WTF at Sansa lol did he tap it :p did she turn evil.. lol that was the stupidest/silliest thing I've seen yet...
It was weird how quickly her transformation took place. I wonder what she's going to do/say to Arya.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I was unsure of what would end up happening tonight. On one hand, Oberyn had a lot of momentum as a character and I wanted to see him win. On the other, this is Game of Thrones. I could see it coming as soon as he made those cocky comments to his woman. I knew what we were being set-up for at that point, so the outcome wasn't surprising, but still...to have our hopes dashed in such a horrific way was hard to stomach.

Oh well. I guess we need to be reminded what a cold, brutal universe this is every now and then. This season has been relatively tame so far, we were due for something awful.

ReiGun

Sansa is a Stark. This is going to blow up in her face.

Speaking of, I almost expect Arya to just turn around and leave. The only other option is to have two Starks actually reunite and lord knows the show aint having that shit.

antitrop

Oh well. I guess we need to be reminded what a cold, brutal universe this is every now and then. This season has been relatively tame so far, we were due for something awful.

Tame? A dude got a sword through the back of his head and out his mouth a few weeks ago.

What about Ramsey letting his dogs savage the girl?

Well that is one way of interpreting it. I kinda like it, but at the same time I don't think that was what they were going for. I was thinking something along the lines of the beetle smasher feeling empowered or something.

I think the fight answered the question.

The mountain is the simpleton, Oberyn is just another beetle. There is no reason, they just do it because they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom