• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

demolitio

- Ideas about sweet Robin? My guess is to use him and grow him into a powerful person by Littlefinger. I don't get the point of killing him at all. Having him on your fingertip means 1/7 Kingdoms is in your control.

He's going to be an interesting character since he's so damn sheltered and weird and now will experience the real world for the first time so he'll grow just as much as Sansa has been growing lately. He's basically going to be LF's proxy for quite some time while learning how to truly lead and then when LF wants to make is big moves, he knows The Vale will support him.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Why won't Sam and Gilly die

why

WHY

Now that's a guy with some serious plot armour. This whimpy, whiny shit head has somehow survived the white walkers twice. Sorry show writers, but you're "realistic" storytelling isn't realistic at all.

- IF Tyrion makes it out alive.. Something no one seems to talk about but what GRRM makes a scenario where Bron.. or most likely Jaime
or both
find out that the Tyrells were responsible for Joffrey's death? It would set Tyrion free and start another clusterfuck with the Lannisters as they have another big house against them. The Vale is against them, as is the Tullys whenever (if) they get out on top of Baratheons.

The issue is, no one really seems to give a flying fuck about WHO killed Joffery. Tywin has to know Tyrion is too smart to do something that stupid (i.e. kill Joffery and put himself as the prime suspect).

It's just very convenient for Tywin to a) get rid of Joffery and b) get rid of Tyrion.

kvn

Did anybody else find the scene with the song burping woman in the beginning laughable? Not only did I find that poorly acted, which is not that big of an issue, but it reminded me that there seem to be like only 3 songs on the whole continent of Westeros... It even came off to me as the guy thinking like "oh it's not the rains of castamere...what was the second song called again?"

Blader

The issue is, no one really seems to give a flying fuck about WHO killed Joffery. Tywin has to know Tyrion is too smart to do something that stupid (i.e. kill Joffery and put himself as the prime suspect).

It's just very convenient for Tywin to a) get rid of Joffery and b) get rid of Tyrion.

Tywin especially doesn't care about Joffrey being dead with a far manageable kid on the throne. The whole trial was engineered to send away Tyrion, put Jamie back at Casterly Rock, and placate everyone else's bloodlust.

That plan has backfired spectacularly now. :lol

Since I marathon the series last week and had only enjoyed seeing the reaction of an episode as it happened with people with the last one, I have a question.

One of my favorite moments in the series was Ramsey introduction, where he carries Theon back into the dungeon. When I say they gave him a hint of liberty only to take it away and throw him again for more pain I couldn't help but smile. Now that's Torture!!!

What was the general opinion on that scene.

Ichi_

Neo Member
One thing I was thinking, if some how the mountain lived through that (I doubt it personally) maybe we could finally get a hound vs mountain fight... (and get GRRM'd again probably...).

I do not think the people in Dorne are going to be happy at all about the vipers death, they were already out of the fold since Robert's rebellion, and this ain't going the two kingdoms closer. I don't think there is enough time in the season to get to any of that though, so that might be some of the conflict in season 5.

My guess regarding the hound and Arya is they move on, just missing Sansa, there is no way martin gives us a happy reunion, at least not without consequences, in fact it is probably better they never meet up again or Westeros will implode upon itself.

Jorah got canned so hard, but I can't blame Danny, you have to be ultra careful on who you trust in this world. Found it both interesting and difficult to watch that conversation because she wouldn't even look him in the eyes, but it made it seem like she was ray charles'ing it. He should have come clean long ago about the spying, before the whole queen of names by the mile got her throne, like he did with his slave trading past. I wonder where he will go or if we will even see him again.

Did it seem Bolton gave up on searching for the Starks? I find that a bit odd for him to just leave a loose end like that out there.

I am actually glad mole town got sacked, that place was the worst.

aravuus

Now that's a guy with some serious plot armour. This whimpy, whiny shit head has somehow survived the white walkers twice. Sorry show writers, but you're "realistic" storytelling isn't realistic at all.

One incredibly lucky guy hardly makes a show aiming for realism unrealistic. I wouldn't call GoT realistic either way.

I really don't care if he dies though.

Ichi_

Neo Member
Since I marathon the series last week and had only enjoyed seeing the reaction of an episode as it happened with people with the last one, I have a question.

One of my favorite moments in the series was Ramsey introduction, where he carries Theon back into the dungeon. When I say they gave him a hint of liberty only to take it away and throw him again for more pain I couldn't help but smile. Now that's Torture!!!

What was the general opinion on that scene.

Generally a lot of people were confused I recall, because people didn't know who he was or why he would kill his own men. At that point he wasn't outright named as bolton's bastard either and his sadistic nature wasn't fully known.

Generally a lot of people were confused I recall, because people didn't know who he was or why he would kill his own men. At that point he wasn't outright named as bolton's bastard either and his sadistic nature wasn't fully known.

I see, Yeah I was pretty surprised also. But when I realized all of it was just part of the torture I was going nuts. That's something I've never seen before.

Van Owen

Banned
Guess Oberyn is banging AHS girl now, not Cersei. :(
sarah-paulson-beau-stroll-around-new-york-05.jpg

JesseZao

Did anybody else find the scene with the song burping woman in the beginning laughable? Not only did I find that poorly acted, which is not that big of an issue, but it reminded me that there seem to be like only 3 songs on the whole continent of Westeros... It even came off to me as the guy thinking like "oh it's not the rains of castamere...what was the second song called again?"

I thought it was a bit odd. Suppose it was just foreshadowing for the audience that they were about to be slaughtered in the middle of their drunken "feast."

kvn

I thought it was a bit odd. Suppose it was just foreshadowing for the audience that they were about to be slaughtered in the middle of their drunken "feast."

Yeah, they needed some kind of innocent people / they don't know what's coming - introductory scene. Still naming these two songs seemed kind of forced to me.

Superflat

Just finished watching the recent episode. It was glooooorious!!

Classic case of hubris with Oberyn with a mix of practical and visual effects that make the most gruesome television scene in recent memory.

That and Arya's maniacal laugh. Best episode.

Danny telling Jorah to pack it was fantastic; can't wait to see how that pays off for her.

Heshinsi

Slightly off topic, but this Game of Thrones mod for crusader kings II is unbelievable. I couldn't stop playing. By the time I logged off, I Aegon the Conquerer, had conquered the river lands, subjugated the Iron Islands, assassinated the King of the storm lands, brokered an alliance with the new young Queen of the stormlands by setting her up with my half brother Oby Baratheon, arranged a Dynasty power move by betrothing my 6 year old daughter to the 7 year old King of the Vale.

You could say everything was going perfectly. But then I find out my sister wife had cheated on me with some Valyrian cunt. Had the fucker imprisoned. I could have had him executed and no one would lift a finger. But I don't roll with such Injustice. I made him stand trial and the jury rendered a guilty verdict. Even then I could have ordered him dead. By I'm not a cruel King. I wasn't going to let this fucker get away clean either. So I sent his ass to the wall. Now, the nobility were willing to support me if I wanted to imprison my whore wife, but I love her so much. I couldn't do it.

Wow. Thanks for the suggestion guys.

Honey Bunny

Just finished watching the recent episode. It was glooooorious!!

Classic case of hubris with Oberyn with a mix of practical and visual effects that make the most gruesome television scene in recent memory.

That and Arya's maniacal laugh. Best episode.

Danny telling Jorah to pack it was fantastic; can't wait to see how that pays off for her.

Yen I loved it. Nothing was too rote or overly familiar. Every scenario they're juggling has changed pretty dramatically.* They've finally shifted the status quo a bit with some of the more entrenched characters. I'm more hyped about the next episode than I've been for a long time.

* ok, except the fucking night's watch.

terrene

Banned
Pedros interview with Vanity Fair describing what Oberyns funeral would be like. probably posted already but whatevs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpewbz7GwCU

DJ Sunspear made me laugh.
Wow, and as with Dinklage, I find another charming GoT actor is very convincingly not using their original accent in the show, and I never questioned it for a moment. In fact it's kind of weird Emilia Clarke's accent is real, because she actually sounds more forced to me than Dinklage or Pascal.

Wow, and as with Dinklage, I find another charming GoT actor is very convincingly not using their original accent in the show, and I never questioned it for a moment. In fact it's kind of weird Emilia Clarke's accent is real, because she actually sounds more forced to me than Dinklage or Pascal.

She's just a bad actress.

Nameless

Cersei's reaction to Oberyn's death was priceless. She ate all the shit in flea bottom before making that grin.

LjxRQjK.png

<3 Cersei

Yeah it's getting more and more ridiculous that we've only heard two original songs from Westeros, "The Rains of Castamere" and "The Bear and the Maiden Fair". How hard is it to write a 4-bar ditty that characters can whistle or use as a drinking song? Hell you don't even need to write a song, all you need is the NAME of a song.

Heshinsi

Yeah it's getting more and more ridiculous that we've only heard two original songs from Westeros, "The Rains of Castamere" and "The Bear and the Maiden Fair". How hard is it to write a 4-bar ditty that characters can whistle or use as a drinking song? Hell you don't even need to write a song, all you need is the NAME of a song.

That's cause the last guy to make an original hit had his tongue ripped out for his efforts. After that, all the boards just decided to stick with oldies.

Ahhhhhh..............Im gonna miss Oberyn ;__; I know he has an older brother who supposedly had gout on his foot so he couldn't come to King's Landing...... so so so Im hoping the gout thing was just an excuse cuz Doran really hates the Lannisters even more so than Oberyn. And that Doran turned out to look just like Pedro Pascal. And DEADLIER.

.... hey, a girl can dream. right? :3

Showaddy, hahah, that's a good point! Can't wait until she's all like OSHIT

Ahhhhhh..............Im gonna miss Oberyn ;__; I know he has an older brother who supposedly had gout on his foot so he couldn't come to King's Landing...... so so so Im hoping the gout thing was just an excuse cuz Doran really hates the Lannisters even more so than Oberyn. And that Doran turned out to look just like Pedro Pascal. And DEADLIER.

.... hey, a girl can dream. right? :3

I'd be completely fine with that.

nib95

Banned
Cersei's reaction to Oberyn's death was priceless. She ate all the shit in flea bottom before making that grin.

LjxRQjK.png

<3 Cersei

The last laugh is surely Oberyn's? With The Mountain's confession, I can't think the Martell's will be too happy with the Lannisters. I think Cersei forgets her daughter is with the Martell's...

potam

Banned
The last laugh is surely Oberyn's? With The Mountain's confession, I can't think the Martell's will be too happy with the Lannisters. I think Cersei forgets her daughter is with the Martell's...

Did he ever get the confession? I thought the Mountain was just like "this is how I killed your sister lol" I don't think he ever implicated Tywin.

Nameless

I wanna see her

1740a19189861f8cf72820fbcceda2df.jpg

moment when she remembers Dorne have her daughter.

The Lioness doesn't concern herself with the opinions of a Sun pierced by a spear....

Nameless

Not ashamed to admit that I've had Rains of Castamere memorized for a while now, and will sometimes sing it loudly while hiking.

Did the mountain confessed that the Lannisters/Tywin were behind the rape and dead of the princess (obyn sis) and her children? I wasn't paying much attention because I was horrified.

Heshinsi

Did the mountain confessed that the Lannisters/Tywin were behind the rape and dead of the princess (obyn sis) and her children? I wasn't paying much attention because I was horrified.

Let's put it this way. If the president of a nation yielded near total power, and had directed his forces to go into a foreign city and sack it. During the sacking, a group of elite special forces guys went off to rape and butcher the royal family of that place, would the President face war crimes charges as a result? I think he would, regardless of whether that particular kill order came from his mouth or not. The initial order of "sack the city" puts all crimes that come as a result, his fault. The confession just made public what was being whispered in secret.

I heard Oberyn's sister was a very beautiful princess. To be honest, I would pay good money to see spin-off of GoT of the time under the Mad King Targaryen, up to the point of the rebellion led by Stark and Baratheon.

Would LOVE to see more of the Targaryens and Ned, Robert and Tywin when they were allies, fighting against a common foe. Would LOVE to see Kingslayer, doing his ironic namesake thing.

... and the best bit, since we all already know what happens in Westeros in the current time line, i think this imaginary spin-off series would be more uplifting in theme and tone

:>

Alas. Just a fantasy ;__;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom