• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhhhh..............Im gonna miss Oberyn ;__; I know he has an older brother who supposedly had gout on his foot so he couldn't come to King's Landing...... so so so Im hoping the gout thing was just an excuse cuz Doran really hates the Lannisters even more so than Oberyn. And that Doran turned out to look just like Pedro Pascal. And DEADLIER.

.... hey, a girl can dream. right? :3

Showaddy, hahah, that's a good point! Can't wait until she's all like OSHIT

Pedro REALLY hit it out of the park with his portrayal of Oberyn. I'd totally love to see more of him. We can only dream of the above.

Also, having been a fan of Sean Bean even before his portrayal of Ned in Game of Thrones...I was totally expecting him to die. C'mon, he's Sean fuckin' Bean...he dies in every show, and he's an expert at it. Look at his portrayal of
Boromir's
death. Brilliantly done. The only show I don't see him die in is Ronin.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Pedro REALLY hit it out of the park with his portrayal of Oberyn. I'd totally love to see more of him. We can only dream of the above.

Also, having been a fan of Sean Bean even before his portrayal of Ned in Game of Thrones...I was totally expecting him to die. C'mon, he's Sean fuckin' Bean...he dies in every show, and he's an expert at it. Look at his portrayal of
Boromir's
death. Brilliantly done. The only show I don't see him die in is Ronin.

He'll probably die from something so inconspicuous. Watch him die from an allergy or something. Lol

EmiPrime

I heard Oberyn's sister was a very beautiful princess. To be honest, I would pay good money to see spin-off of GoT of the time under the Mad King Targaryen, up to the point of the rebellion led by Stark and Baratheon.

Would LOVE to see more of the Targaryens and Ned, Robert and Tywin when they were allies, fighting against a common foe. Would LOVE to see Kingslayer, doing his ironic namesake thing.

... and the best bit, since we all already know what happens in Westeros in the current time line, i think this imaginary spin-off series would be more uplifting in theme and tone

:>

Alas. Just a fantasy ;__;

Surely that's the perfect contingency plan if the show catches up to the books. I would love to see it too.

Loakum

Banned
Did anybody else find the scene with the song burping woman in the beginning laughable? Not only did I find that poorly acted, which is not that big of an issue, but it reminded me that there seem to be like only 3 songs on the whole continent of Westeros... It even came off to me as the guy thinking like "oh it's not the rains of castamere...what was the second song called again?"

"The Bear and the Maiden Fair"

Just watched the last episode and holy shit. This was by far more shocking to me than the Red Wedding. It's great television, but I'm starting to have the same problem I have with The Walking Dead comics. You can't really root for any character because the creator is an asshole who just wants to kill them in the worst, most sadistic ways imaginable.

I'm along for the ride so far, but I do hope this series ends with all the bad guys in the series meeting the end in worse ways, just like that prick of a king, Joffrey. I haven't read the books but I'm thinking the Mountain and the Hound are heading for a collision course.

OmniGamer

Wow...just wow...

I expected Oberyn to lose just based on the overall tone that this show operates in, but what got to me was how it all played out. The repeated demands for the mountain to confess what he did, because he thought he had the upper hand...only to get his confession on exact opposite terms. The brutal strike to the face, the teeth clattering on the ground, the taunting confession, the eye gouging, the screaming, the helplessness as his head is crushed....his lover's anguished scream right after...

It's weird...it's not so much the gore itself that affected me, but moreso...the finality once it started. To go from cocky grandstanding, to being audibly taunted by your sister's killer describing how he ended her last moments, WHILE he is doing it to you. And other element for me was, it wasn't by a weapon, or fire, or such, but simply helpless in the grip of a man's pure brutal strength. Strength displayed not by lifting or throwing, as often shown, but by cranial pulverization...It was so primal :-(

This show...sometimes it just makes me want to pour a bowl of Froot loops and watch an episode of Ducktales or something afterwards.

Not a complaint, but just to shake off the dread and doom.

Complistic

Am I bad for joining team baelish? Because I kinda feel like backing a winner, now that danny has driven home the point that she just doesn't have what it takes. Even as scummy as he is.

Am I bad for joining team baelish? Because I kinda feel like backing a winner, now that danny has driven home the point that she just doesn't have what it takes. Even if he's scummy.

I think its just a matter of time before dear Lord Petyr gets his delicious comeuppance.

But until then! Welcome to the WINNING side!

I think he's 25 actually.

That's why I want to start the official inauguration of Team White Walkers. Fuck it, nothing left rooting for in Westeros; burn this bitch to the ground.

I feel the same way. If the good guys aren't going to win, then it's only fair the whole land is fucking purged of the filth that inhabits the land. Burn it to the fucking ground! #TeamWhiteWalkers

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
All I need is for my boy, Tyrion, to survive. That's all I want... Need... Hope... Pray?

Please westeros gods... Spare my midge!

B.O.O.M

I wanna see her

1740a19189861f8cf72820fbcceda2df.jpg

moment when she remembers Dorne have her daughter.

Exactly what I was thinking too!

Wow...just wow...

I expected Oberyn to lose just based on the overall tone that this show operates in, but what got to me was how it all played out. The repeated demands for the mountain to confess what he did, because he thought he had the upper hand...only to get his confession on exact opposite terms. The brutal strike to the face, the teeth clattering on the ground, the taunting confession, the eye gouging, the screaming, the helplessness as his head is crushed....his lover's anguished scream right after...

It's weird...it's not so much the gore itself that affected me, but moreso...the finality once it started. To go from cocky grandstanding, to being audibly taunted by your sister's killer describing how he ended her last moments, WHILE he is doing it to you. And other element for me was, it wasn't by a weapon, or fire, or such, but simply helpless in the grip of a man's pure brutal strength. Strength displayed not by lifting or throwing, as often shown, but by cranial pulverization...It was so primal :-(

This show...sometimes it just makes me want to pour a bowl of Froot loops and watch an episode of Ducktales or something afterwards.

Not a complaint, but just to shake off the dread and doom.

This. I don't mind the gore, but I think i'll have trouble watching this episode again. Next time a good guy has a small victory i might stop and pretend that's how the series ends.

Am I bad for joining team baelish? Because I kinda feel like backing a winner, now that danny has driven home the point that she just doesn't have what it takes. Even as scummy as he is.
I think its just a matter of time before dear Lord Petyr gets his delicious comeuppance.

But until then! Welcome to the WINNING side!
Both you heathens will be burning at the stake for defying the one true king of westeros Stannis of house Baratheon. Kneel. Before its too late.

Speaking about Stannis, my biggest fear in the series is the fate of Ser Davos Seaworth, the greatest onion knight. Why can't he just abandon his loyalty and set sails with his pirate buddies- Let them ride off into the sunset before any more horrible things happen.

Then they go around and somehow rescue Tyrion and Jaime, where Jaime tells Davos how to get some cool golden fingers. Then they high five.

Not in my opinion. It's been that way for now, but I don't see how he can continue and they keep mysteriously having the Rains of Castamere play in the show only to be interrupted or forgotten.

I've been saying all season that Tywin's time is coming to an end so at this point, I just hope it happens already so I don't feel like I was reading into nothing. The Lannisters have to crumble at some point and losing Tywin would send all these characters into different scenarios that needs to happen. Cersei's downfall would be inevitable!

It better fucking happen. At least I know it's inevitable, but I want it soon.

The worst thing I can imagine happening to Tywin is for Jamie to die. Goodbye family name.

Speaking about Stannis, my biggest fear in the series is the fate of Ser Davos Seaworth, the greatest onion knight. Why can't he just abandon his loyalty and set sails with his pirate buddies- Let them ride off into the sunset before any more horrible things happen.

Then they go around and somehow rescue Tyrion and Jaime, where Jaime tells Davos how to get some cool golden fingers. Then they high five.

Davos cant abandon Stannis! He's practically the voice of Stannis' soul.

If he had one to begin with.

I kid, I kid. But seriously, Davos' very purpose is driven by his gratitude for Stannis' interference and mercy on his past, piratey deeds. He's really a good guy, stuck enamoured by an unbending stick-in-the-mud of a leader.

I kid, I kid. But seriously, Davos' very purpose is driven by his gratitude for Stannis' interference and mercy on his past, piratey deeds. He's really a good guy, stuck enamoured by an unbending stick-in-the-mud of a leader.

Indeed, that's the reason why I'm not too sad that Davos is sticking around there. He's the only person who can stand against Mellisandre and try to reason with Stannis. Which is why it's scary of course, he's one of the last truly noble characters, and he's constantly in danger of death. ;_;

Even after Oberyn's horrible death, I will root for Davos till the end!

demolitio

The worst thing I can imagine happening to Tywin is for Jamie to die. Goodbye family name.

Indeed, but Jaime has a lot more story to tell I think whereas Tywin's death would advance the story.

I'd be pretty sad if Jaime died since he's still on his path to redemption. I just don't see Tyrion dying anytime soon.

Either way, if it doesn't happen this season, it will happen next season when Stannis comes to town. :D

Edit: I agree about Davos as well. He needs to stay to keep Stannis in check. I still think Stannis is going to be like some real historical kings where he's being lead by a puppet master so to speak like Henry VIII being controlled by Wolsey for quite a while. Melisandre could advance the faith and control Stannis unless Stannis's honor and sense of duty overrules his faith. I just don't want him to burn heretics.

Heshinsi

Stannis proves more than anyone why a King needs a hand. This dude is so full of his own shit, he showed up to the bank and thought writing down his name was enough to secure him a loan. What do you mean I don't have good credit? I'm Stannis Baratheon, King of the Andals, the First Men, the Seven Kingdoms, Blah, blah, blah.

So, you're king of all that right now?

Well ah, not exactly.

So what are you a king of?

Four thousands dudes on a rock. But I promise I'll make them all bend the knee if you give me a loan.

How about, NO!

Then he stands there like a mute idiot. This was his face after they told his broke ass to beat it:

Without Davos being there, this so called wimp ass loser "king" was about to make a heel turn, and walk out like a kid who was told he wasn't getting any presents for Christmas. Poor Davos having to speak up for this brooding hack. We need you in Mereen Davos. Leave the people burner to his red witch and come advise our inexperienced young queen. Bring that pirate buddy of yours too, I'm sure there's enough honeys here to satisfy his desires. Your talents are wasted on that bum.

Sajjaja

Stannis proves more than anyone why a King needs a hand. This dude is so full of his own shit, he showed up to the bank and thought writing down his name was enough to secure him a loan. What do you mean I don't have good credit? I'm Stannis Baratheon, King of the Andals, the First Men, the Seven Kingdoms, Blah, blah, blah.

So, you're king of all that right now?

Well ah, not exactly.

So what are you a king of?

Four thousands dudes on a rock. But I promise I'll make them all bend the knee if you give me a loan.

How about, NO!

Then he stands there like a mute idiot. This was his face after they told his broke ass to beat it:

Without Davos being there, this so called wimp ass loser "king" was about to make a heel turn, and walk out like a kid who was told he wasn't getting any presents for Christmas. Poor Davos having to speak up for this brooding hack. We need you in Mereen Davos. Leave the people burner to his red witch and come advise our inexperienced young queen. Bring that pirate buddy of yours too, I'm sure there's enough honeys here to satisfy his desires. Your talents are wasted on that bum.

That moment you realize Khaleesi would be dead without Jorah.

^

Yeah, have to agree, Davos has got a good heart and good head. He might not be the most sophisticated bloke in Westeros, the way he pronounced keh-nee'gt (knight) still makes me grin, but he's genuinely a good GOOD guy.

His bond with Shireen is very sweet. And in the bleak wastelands of Westeros' cruel fates for all, he managed to save Gendry from being slaughtered in the name of the red cult. That's a silent victory to all of the audience out there that are clamoring for a break in the series! And now Im hoping he can look after Shireen, cuz that last episode with Melisandre was ominous. I hope she will be okay. Her mother is not exactly the most dependable character or protective mother out there ;__;

But I dont know if I'd like him to advise Dany instead of Stannis though. They both are kinda skewed in their own ways.

Tommen seems like a blank page, eager to be taught how to rule well. Unfortunately, he has Tywin instead of Davos.

:<

Idk. I do hope Davos will fare well. Watching him struggle to steer the unbending ship that is Stannis that seems to want to smash itself through the rocks because he thinks that's the direct way to approach things..... is a mixture between fascination and mild torture.

FeD.nL

I'm really beginning to root for the Boltons. Roose is just such a charismatic appearance and he gets the world he's living in. Acknowledging Ramsay is something Ned should have done with Jon and Roose just really appreciates what he has been given.

SiteSeer

I'm really beginning to root for the Boltons. Roose is just such a charismatic appearance and he gets the world he's living in. Acknowledging Ramsay is something Ned should have done with Jon and Roose just really appreciates what he has been given.

oh wow, just shows that in GRRM's universe being evil really does pay off. hell, jon is at the wall sitting on his thumb while ramsay becomes official heir to the new warden of the north after some really cunning and daring moves.

maybe it's just the silhouette of a burnt down castle

it is STILL the capital of the North, though.

i guess worth sittin' on

i'd sat on it, idk

Rorschach

Why must all my favorite characters keep dying while Sansa continues to breathe?! >:O FUCK!

[edit]Do you guys think they will ever release a box set with all the Daenerys scenes cut out? I would pay upwards of 500 dollars.

Akim

Banned
Why must all my favorite characters keep dying while Sansa continues to breathe?! >:O FUCK!

[edit]Do you guys think they will ever release a box set with all the Daenerys scenes cut out? I would pay upwards of 500 dollars.

I like dany at first and now I can barely make it through her scenes

demolitio

She's making Stannis scenes seem spontaneous and eventful by this point.

At least you know the Stannis scenes will lead to something big at some point. With Dany, I feel like that moment could be 4 seasons away if ever...

Well that and the fact that Stannis is well acted compared to Dany.

Heshinsi

That moment you realize Khaleesi would be dead without Jorah.

Goes both ways. Khaleesi had a hit on her because of Jorah. I was talking about this to a Colombian friend of mine who was livid that Dany didn't give Jorah a chance to explain. I turned around and told him,

"look bro, what if you found out today from someone else that from the moment we've met, I have been ratting your ass out to the FARC. You see I owed it big to the guerrillas, and they told me, notifying them of your every move is how I could get even with them. You also find out that the FARC put a hit out on you because of what I was transmitting back to Colombia. Sure I saved you after I changed my mind about the whole thing, but I never told you a word of it. This is how you find out; a letter from the FARC telling me my debt was paid and we were even. What would your reaction be? Would you let me explain, or would you tell me to get out of your face?"

At that point he agreed that he would have been pissed to the point where he'd probably want to hurt me, at which point I said "exactly!" Jorah had ample enough time to come clean, but nope.

kingkitty

I felt bad for Fedora Jorah when he got banished. But it's probably for the best. I don't think his heart could handle anymore thoughts about that sweet Daario and Khaleesi lovemaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom