• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a date today and we where watching Game of Thrones in my house. I got the pleasure of experience someone reacting to the red wedding for the first time. She was so sad and confused, it was amazing. Sadly she was sad and confused enough that I didn't got laid tonight, so thanks Game of Cockblock >_>

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I had King Joffery's death spoiled to me on IGN comments section. What made it worst, it was the comments section about Drive Club.

I had Joffrey's spoiled by an Ice and Fire wiki, was looking to find the actor's name at the time. It just said he died in King's Landing though I didn't catch when I just knew it was coming.

I did however get something big spoiled that I've been told is coming up in the next 2 episodes because it was on the back of one of the fucking books, which is straight ridiculous.

DarkFlow

Banned
I've spoiled myself with most everyone's death so far. I find it more enjoyable when it comes, but thats me. I don't really care about spoilers all that much.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I've spoiled myself with most everyone's death so far. I find it more enjoyable when it comes, but thats me. I don't really care about spoilers all that much.
I'm tempted to ask someone who's read the books to tell me if certain characters are still alive or how long they last. But I think I'd rather be surprised. I still wish I hadn't known about Joffery.

Scuderia

I did however get something big spoiled that I've been told is coming up in the next 2 episodes because it was on the back of one of the fucking books, which is straight ridiculous.

Ah yeah, it pretty much spoils it all on the back of ADWD doesn't it? My work colleague looked over and started to read the back of mine once, then before i could tell him not to he goes "I shouldn't have read that should I?"

djkimothy

Ah yeah, it pretty much spoils it all on the back of ADWD doesn't it? My work colleague looked over and started to read the back of mine once, then before i could tell him not to he goes "I shouldn't have read that should I?"

LOL, was it Star Wars Phantom Menace OST "Qui Gon's Noble End" type of spoiler?

charsace

How was it in the book, btw? A link to an excerpt or something? I'd google, but the internet is dark and full of spoilers

I read it years ago, but the fight in the show fits the book with how he was dancing around the mountain and had him beat. Though for some reason I always imagined the mountain rolling on top of him once he was down to deliver the punches and not holding him above like in the show.

And to this day I think Jon Snow is a Dragon's whelp and not Ned's.

jet1911

My girlfriend got the ending of season 3 of Downton Abbey by reading the back of the DVD case of season 4. She was pissed haha.

Curufinwe

I had Joffrey's spoiled by an Ice and Fire wiki, was looking to find the actor's name at the time. It just said he died in King's Landing though I didn't catch when I just knew it was coming.

Use the HBO guide or the GoT wiki based on the shows instead.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
uXBVC3q.gif

I clicked the unmarked spoiler thread by mistake.

I CLICKED THE UNMARKED SPOILER THREAD BY MISTAKE.

I didn't get anything spoiled, but I'm still shook.

I was spoiled about something I think is coming up in the season finale in a bloody interview with an actor about an entirely different TV show. I can't explain the details surrounding it without giving away the characters involved, but the interview was set up in a way that should have been completely safe and then "Oh by the way is it true that ____ is happening in Game of Thrones?" out of nowhere... fucks sake.

Nice. I'm partial to this simple but effective Rains of Castamere Remix.

Yonafunu

Should have just stabbed the dude through the face. His death was more brutal than reading it in the book.

I read it years ago, but the fight in the show fits the book with how he was dancing around the mountain and had him beat. Though for some reason I always imagined the mountain rolling on top of him once he was down to deliver the punches and not holding him above like in the show.

And to this day I think Jon Snow is a Dragon's whelp and not Ned's.

You're in the wrong thread, buddy.

Yonafunu

I don't see a problem with someone sharing the small details missing from the show that were in the book.

Unless of course it's against the rules.

It is, actually:

- ABSOLUTELY NO BOOK SPOILERS. It doesn't matter if they're under spoiler tags, they should not be in this thread. Use the other thread for book-related television discussion. This includes alluding to things, subtle hinting, comparing the books to the show, etc...

Book readers aren't even supposed to post in this thread at all, so I'm outta here too :)

LakeEarth

I managed to avoid specific spoilers, but it didn't matter, because the picture painted gave me enough evidence to know more or less what was going to happen. I knew there was a wedding, and I knew shit went down, it was tragic, people were miserable, something something Starks and Lannasters.

You kinda HAVE to watch GoT within a day of airing. Even if people don't specifically tell you what happened, any time a "Red Wedding"-like moment happens, you know because everyone's "OMG DID YOU SEE, DID YOU SEE" on Monday.

I had a date today and we where watching Game of Thrones in my house. I got the pleasure of experience someone reacting to the red wedding for the first time. She was so sad and confused, it was amazing. Sadly she was sad and confused enough that I didn't got laid tonight, so thanks Game of Cockblock >_>

I picked "Million Dollar Baby" to be the movie for a first date. There wasn't a second date.

After last week's episode I decided it was finally time to rewatch the earlier seasons, this time with my father because I want to share my suffering for the characters with him.

He's loving it, we're watching beetween 3 to 5 episodes per day.

Last one we watched was S2E9, the Blackwater Battle episode.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Internet dissecting season trailers and episode teasers has spoiled one part of the next episode. Bollocks. But whatever.

Here's what I expect:
- John Snow gets maimed and slowly bleeds out. Then bees eat his brains while he's gasping his last breath.
- Ghost explodes and the gore is shown in spectacular detail.
- Aemon is burned alive and eaten by the cannibal dude.
- That cunt Night's Watch somehow lives and becomes a main character.
- Sam cries for half the episode.
- John's friends are killed horribly by Lannisters.
- The Wildlings all die anticlimactically some how.
- Everyone in Westeros dies except that cunt guy.
- Credits.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Hyped as fuck for tonight. As people have said episode 9's tend to be crazy good and I'll be seriously disappointing if its just castle black fighting. They've dragged that plot out too long and I just want it to be over at this point.

Concerning Episode 10's title
Maybe referencing the baby that was turned into the white walker? Or maybe the children of the forest return to help mankind? :O

Nameless

Hyped as fuck for tonight. As people have said episode 9's tend to be crazy good and I'll be seriously disappointing if its just castle black fighting. They've dragged that plot out too long and I just want it to be over at this point.

Concerning Episode 10's title
Maybe referencing the baby that was turned into the white walker? Or maybe the children of the forest return to help mankind? :O

I was thinking
Sansa and Arya reunion.

The Children....

-Sansa & Arya reunion
-Something important with Bran
-Fallout from Dorne over Oberyn
-White Walkers
-Daeny's dragons
-Tywin executing his son?
-Stannis's daughter is sacrificed or plays some other role as implied?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom