• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebevan91

The One and Done™;108079413 said:
So why purple wedding?

Joffrey's face turned purple. But "purple wedding" is just fan-made name for it, unlike the "Red Wedding", which is actually what it's called.

Dany

Banned
Purple Wedding is a less common name for this event. I believe its a name attributed by fans and not at all in the book iirc.

MG310

Did they give Theon off-colored contact lenses to complete the look?

Also were the huntress/hunted with Ramsay the same 2 who he brought in to have sex with Theon last year?

I feel Olenna had just about nothing to do with it. Felt like Olenna was just concerned for Tyrion being berated by Joffrey.

Seemed like it was just the fool and Sansa in on it. Sansa picks up the cup when it goes under the table and puts something in it.

huh? i took it that the cake/pie poisoned him. cause you see the dead birds inside and we are led to believe that the sword killed them. maybe it was something else!

p.s.

nm about the pie then, i didn't see it was being served to everyone

Eyeh4wk

tRUDS5m.png

aanIDU8.png

8pLs1ku.png

Even the look that Olenna's husband is looking at her. I had to make it small because the quality was bad, but he looks at her, just as Joffrey starts drinking.

Either Tyrion was in on it, or he knew she did something to it.

I think it was just an uncomfortable situtation, and they didn't know where to look.

Excellent...excellent. YEEEAAAHHHSS... The little shit is dead! I can't believe he finally died! Its a wonderful day everyone!

Poor Tyrion though, He obviously didn't poison the drink, yet he is taking the fall.

Phthisis

I keep on hearing mention of the Iron Bank. I assume that's a non-Westeros group otherwise why would Tywin or the Martells be worried about it?

Anyone know where they are based?

Iron Bank of Braavos. Across the Narrow Sea in Essos. Same nation as the coin Jaqen H'gar gave to Arya.

reKon

Banned
Joffrey's death scene is on YT

pie is being served to everyone, not just Joffrey. Tywin is eating some as well.

the fucking camera lingers waaaaaay to long on Olenna

Jack Gleeson was perfection

Guys look at 2:08. The way Sansa move her body like she's adjusting herself to grab something from under her dress, then she goes and picks up the cup. This is pay back for her mother and brother being slaughtered during Rob's wedding?

Edit: then right after Sansa asked Tyrion if they can leave. I'm thinking that the fool was in on this and the fool provided Sansa with the goods?

bye-b.gif

Tyrion is just fucked though, isn't he. :(

What a game changer! Twyin is fucking powerless now.

RIP one of the best TV villains EVER. Jack Gleeson did an amazing job.

Vire

How about Cersei as a suspect? She remains queen, stops Margarie, implicates Tyrion, and still has another (less crazy) son to become king.
Those motivations make sense, but she seemed to be genuinely afflicted when she saw her son dying. She is probably the only one who will mourn his death.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I don't even know what to say! Certainly did not expect that! Woosh

The show keeps giving! Wonder who the culprit is hmmmm

That's the best storyline in the whole show.

I meant in relation to everything else that's going on in the show which is westeros-based. I think her story is awesome, dragons, building an army, sacking cities, but it feels completely separate from everything else that's happening in the show. I'm sure it will connect back up at some point but right now its seems like she forgot about the throne and wants to focus on her crusade to free all slaves. I think the scheming stuff between the houses is way more interesting right now.

caesar

Banned
I like the theory that the lady watching who paid for the stuff did it, along with the guy who warned the Stark girl. I was fucking cheering when Tyrion refused to kneel, if he dies this show will lose something it can't replace.

I kind of feel like Joffrey was needed in a way though. Like there aren't going to be anymore moments of Tyrion defying and making fun of him =(

I doubt Tyrion is dying. Him, Littlefinger and Varys are clearly the best at playing the game and are all alive for a reason.

Pepiope

I meant in relation to everything else that's going on in the show which is westeros-based. I think her story is awesome, dragons, building an army, sacking cities, but it feels completely separate from everything else that's happening in the show. I'm sure it will connect back up at some point but right now its seems like she forgot about the throne and wants to focus on her crusade to free all slaves. I think the scheming stuff between the houses is way more interesting right now.
It seems like a good idea that she's freeing slaves and getting people on her side while her dragons grow.

I just wonder if she can control them now. I would be highly upset if she winds up dying while freeing slaves due to one of her dragons turning on her. Ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom