• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

npa189

I unfortunately spoiled myself a few years ago by looking at the wiki, still extremely satisfying. Biggest little prick in history.

demolitio

I knew something was going to happen this episode after 30 minutes of Joffrey and Cersei being pure evil to the point where the viewers were hoping something would happen. Of course, they oblige by giving us a pretty unsatisfying death instead of the beheading most people wanted since this show makes sure to fuck with people's expectations and usual story cliches.

I really didn't expect Joffrey to die this early on originally though. This episode hammered the point home though so I was starting to expect it if not anticipate it. They're always so good with the symbolism and foreshadowing in this show that it amazes me what you can pick up on if you re-watch a season or even the episode that just aired.

With this episode, they gave us bittersweet justice in the sense that Joffrey finally got what was coming to him, but it wasn't the way we expected or wanted. When they can create those feelings in one episode, that's when you know they're better than 99% of the industry.

So now that Joffrey is done for, I still think Tywin is the next major Lannister to die and I'm hoping his will be more satisfying, especially since it will most likely be unexpected. I just see Tywin's death as another major plot point that would drive the story forward creating new circumstances while also picking up on what I felt as symbolism these past few episodes.

Hell, Joffrey interrupting the group singing Rains of Castamere was the most obvious and badass foreshadowing in my opinion. I immediately picked up on that and had a huge grin on my face.

Tyrion and Sansa at least got to bond over their hatred of Joffrey and their mutual sympathy for each other at least.

Roflobear

Go to post 2227 to find out who did it (I think I got it)

Yea i just read your post and it makes a ton of sense. I can't see anywhere else that could've provided an opportunity. No one could've just left the cup there and hoped Tyrion would accidentally give it to Joffrey.

Also I was kinda growing to like Joffrey because of how ridiculous he was. Kinda funny that they do this immediately after I started to feel that way

Was looking at Bran's vision scene again,. all the images are things we've seen before(Ned in the dungeon, Daenarys seeing the Iron throne in the house of undying, Bran falling, etc) but there's this one scene that I don;t recognize, is it new or is my memory failing me?

QiKxbqd.png

Is that a white walker's face?

Here's the scene, it's awesome. Damn, puberty hit him like a train, I wonder if this is Isaac Hempstead Wright's final growth spurt for a while.

Complistic

No idea how Tyrion's going to get out of this one. I mean he obviously wasn't in on it, but he would appear guilty as fuck in that situation.

Roflobear

Nah dude, he drank after that and was fine. It wasn't until he picked it up the second time that he died.

Maybe it took time for the poison to act? It just seems too suspicious they would focus on the fool and Sansa, especially since we don't really know what else they might've done in that meeting. Doubly suspicious that he told her to get out ASAP

Really good episode, but I'm sad that my favorite storyline is now over. I don't hate the other villains as much as I hated the little rodent. I guess there's still Tyrion (as in, I'm still interested about what happens to him).

I think Cersei did it. You can tell how uncomfortable she was not being the queen any longer. Shes been showing her frustration and hatred for Margaery since last season.

Damn. So early in the season too. So good. Love this freakin show.

Maybe it took time for the poison to act? It just seems too suspicious they would focus on the fool and Sansa, especially since we don't really know what else they might've done in that meeting. Doubly suspicious that he told her to get out ASAP

Because shes married to Tyrion and she would automatically get executed if Tyrion is found guilty. Not to mention shes also a Stark. Theres to reason to keep her alive any longer.

So I guess that was the first spoiler I came across which was actually true. The fact that I saw it coming kind of ruined the shock a little bit, but it's still a big deal.

I wonder what's going to happen to Tyrion now.

Saw this on reddit:
jIg6BOA.png

she gansta as fuck, condoling Sansa while knowing she plot that shit. She has become my top 3 favorite character on the show.... so good.

reKon

Banned

This and like I mentioned in my initial post, Sansa ASKS Tyrion if they could believe before all this went down. I think that the fool helped her out to sort of plan this opportunity for revenge. What other purpose would that character have?

demolitio

lmaooo yessssssss

god I love this show

Yea, it's the little things like that scene that really has me praising the show from a story perspective. There's so many stories going on at once with not a lot of time to fit them all in, yet they still find time to have scenes like that one which are clearly foreshadowing.

The show never gives you the obvious conclusions to storylines and teaches you that justice isn't instant and can come from the most unexpected people that you originally counted out, but it still manages to give you insight into what might happen next.

Anyone else think Joffery was being a little sincere with his thanks after receiving Tyrion's book? Sansa's "is he for real?" reaction mirrored mine.

IMO it has something to do with the fool and Sansa because they showed their scene from last week before tonight's episode, but that's not much to go off of.

Saw this on reddit:
jIg6BOA.png

she gansta as fuck, condoling Sansa while knowing she plot that shit. She has become my top 3 favorite character on the show.... so good.

Just noticed this on my second watch. damn that was cold. This lady is fucking awesome.

So kinda disappointed with Stannis, even though he didn't seem to be genuine when he was saying how they were infidels and all that, he still said it and endorsed burning the people. Thought we were past that Stannis, a shame.

Roflobear

I think Cersei did it. You can tell how uncomfortable she was not being the queen any longer. Shes been showing her frustration and hatred for Margaery since last season.

Damn. So early in the season too. So good. Love this freakin show.

I can't remember too well but has she ever done anything that would lead us to believe she would kill her own kid? I know she's kinda evil but I thought she loved Joffrey. Unless I forgot some stuff I just don't feel she would do that

I feel Olenna had just about nothing to do with it. Felt like Olenna was just concerned for Tyrion being berated by Joffrey.

Seemed like it was just the fool and Sansa in on it. Sansa picks up the cup when it goes under the table and puts something in it.

How could she plan on something like that happening?

Cersei wouldn't become queen after killing Joffery... Margaery would. That marriage doesn't suddenly become null and void because Joffery died. The Tyrells benefit from this the most, it had to be one of them. Or possibly Dontos.

Cipherr

iqGB9TY.jpg

Fuck yes! SO happy to see that MF go. And they reaaaaaally played up how much of a douche he was at the end there too. GODDAMN it feels good. Not even sure I can sleep right now.

Roflobear

This and like I mentioned in my initial post, Sansa ASKS Tyrion if they could believe before all this went down. I think that the fool helped her out to sort of plan this opportunity for revenge. What other purpose would that character have?

I also just wanted to add to your theory. Why would they even show that scene with the fool and Sansa in the forest path if it meant nothing? It had to have meant something. Plus the fool has plenty of motivation too. Joffrey disgraced him by making him a fool so his revenge falls in line with Sansa's revenge. They both gain by his death. If he wasn't in on it, it just seems like his inclusion in the episode was pointless

I can't remember too well but has she ever done anything that would lead us to believe she would kill her own kid? I know she's kinda evil but I thought she loved Joffrey. Unless I forgot some stuff I just don't feel she would do that

If there's one thing we can be sure regarding Cersei's character, it's her love for her children. Highly unlikely she was involved in Joffery's death.

I also just wanted to add to your theory. Why would they even show that scene with the fool and Sansa in the forest path if it meant nothing? It had to have meant something. Plus the fool has plenty of motivation too. Joffrey disgraced him by making him a fool so his revenge falls in line with Sansa's revenge. They both gain by his death. If he wasn't in on it, it just seems like his inclusion in the episode was pointless
Yeah, all the focus on the necklace in the last episode made me think it would be important. The lingering shots, Olenna's necklace hunt... I feel like it all ties together somehow. It's driving me crazy not knowing how, though, since so many people would have benefited from his death and had an opportunity of being near his goblet.

He gave her the necklace, the necklace which Olenna fondled shortly before Joffreys death. The same necklace that had every stone intact prior to the fondling, then after his death, the same stone she's touching is missing from Sansa's necklace.

I don't think Sansa had any idea of what was going on, she wanted to leave because of the little show Joffrey had put on, with Rob getting his head humped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom