• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

Perhaps, or maybe she was just overwhelmed by seeing her actions in motion. This would be her first big move.

She was completely stone faced the entire dinner, even during repeated slander against her family, and she did ask to leave after giving Tyrion the cup.

She`s always stone faced. It`s all she can do because it`s the only thing that keeps her alive. She wouldn`t risk that, she`s not that bold.

reckless

Watching it again, Sansa does make some shifty eyes before asking if they can leave now. Of course she could be just waiting for The Fool so that she can make her escape and not necessarily because she had anything to do with the poisoning.

Isn't that right after the dwarfs have their fight though?
Seems like she is just upset over her brother.

ramyeon

She was completely stone faced the entire dinner, even during repeated slander against her family, and she did ask to leave after giving Tyrion the cup.
You say this as if it's unusual behaviour for Sansa when that's pretty much how she has always had to act around the Lannisters.

So, Stephen King is new to twitter, but come on man, use some common sense. You are on the east coast, you bastard! Of course I read that before watching the show.

So, Stephen King is new to twitter, but come on man, use some common sense. You are on the east coast, you bastard! Of course I read that before watching the show.

wmviVdV.jpg

He even used the "it was in the books, therefore it's not a spoiler" excuse. Lame.

She`s always stone faced. It`s all she can do because it`s the only thing that keeps her alive. She wouldn`t risk that, she`s not that bold.

You say this as if it's unusual behaviour for Sansa when that's pretty much how she has always had to act around the Lannisters.
This felt different to me. Before she seemed empty, but now she seems hardened.

Even if she didn't have any part in this, I feel like the tides are turning for her.

I dont think it was sansa because she wanted to leave before joffery stopped tryion from doing so, how could she has known they would be stopped. Also jeoferry was poisoned from the 2nd cup not the first.

Madrin

I'm going back through the previous few pages and reading the responses, and I have to admit I'm intrigued by the Olenna / poison necklace diamond theory. That exchange between her and Sansa does seem very carefully shot.

reKon

Banned
I dont think it was sansa because she wanted to leave before joffery stopped tryion from doing so, how could she has known they would be stopped. Also jeoferry was poisoned from the 2nd cup not the first.

I'm pretty sure that was the same cup...

Random thought, but I suppose the "nudity" warning before the episode was for the fake midget butts?

You missed the lady doing the splits. HBO is crazy.

BTW, watching it again on HBOGO, did they upgrade their stuff. The stream looks damn near perfect, better than the compressed cable feed. I'll say that Sansa had a hand in this. She hands Tyrion the goblet while he's looking for it under the table. Maybe as a diversion from the creators she mentions wanting to get out of dodge after it's handed over. Ever since almost jumping from the ledge in season 1, she's being held captive, subsequently married off and during that time done everything to stay out of the fray and not rock the boat. Too coincidental for her to get a buddy and then be so close to Joffrey's demise. I think it's mostly unbeknownst to her, but she indirectly got rid of the bastard.

Why would anyone even assume it was Tyrion? He was about to leave, Joffrey didn't let him.

Edit:characters in the episode I mean.

Joffrey had spent so much time unfairly embarrassing him in front of everyone. The easiest person to pin it on was the guy who handed him the goblet, the "ugly ducking" of the family, the man with a deficiency similar to the performers reenacting the deaths. Tyrion must have done it as retaliation. The newlywed wife wouldn't do such a thing, no no no. It's the imp...

ivysaur12

Banned
I think it was Sansa. It would also make Sansa one of the greatest characters ever if she did it.

EDIT: It's so tempting just to look up who did it in the books. Gaaaaaaah

It was the same cup.
Oh, but still thecup was in plsin sight wasnt it when jeoferry kicked it, she couldnt have put anything in their. Olenna seems to have up to something especially when she talked to sansa but what would be her motivation? Wouldnt she want the wedding to happen, now margarie is a useless position.

I could see Sansa being oblivious to the whole thing. One of the major players in King's Landing poisons Joffrey at his wedding to 1) get rid of the king and 2) provide a distraction needed to get Sansa Stark out of King's Landing and out of the hands of the Lannisters.

I'm worried for Brienne. That was a pretty icy conversation she had with Cersei.

Cersei's probably going to go on a murder ordering rampage next episode.

Ultimadrago

This felt different to me. Before she seemed empty, but now she seems hardened.

Even if she didn't have any part in this, I feel like the tides are turning for her.

Sophie Turner said as much when asked about this season in a red carpet interview. Or something similar along the lines of "the tables are turning for Sansa and she's now in a position of more power". I wonder...

Another thing I have been thinking, is that is may of been a two step poison.

An ingredient in the pie and one in the cup/wine might of been harmless alone, but lethal when consumed together. That would make everyone suspect.

ivysaur12

Banned
Another thing I have been thinking, is that is may of been a two step poison.

An ingredient in the pie and one in the cup/wine might of been harmless alone, but lethal when consumed together. That would make everyone suspect.

The camera did linger on the dead bird in the pie. Was that just to show that Joffrey killed a bird? Or was there something else there?

You do recall that she was completely willing to poison her youngest son during the siege of King's Landing episode, right?

Because she wanted him to have a painless death as opposed to being brutally murdered by the opposing army, kind of a different circumstance. She used nightshade, not eyebleed hell-liquid.

Madrin

The camera did linger on the dead bird in the pie. Was that just to show that Joffrey killed a bird? Or was there something else there?

I think it was to show that Joffrey killed a bird. When the cake is lifted up, you see a bird head roll out of it. Probably wasn't meant to indicate anything more.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
The killer could have given him something that made him drift peacefully into an eternal slumber, but they wanted him to suffer. He probably shat himself.
joff-04.gif

It's like watching some unforgettable pron. It feels so good. I had to go back to it several times.

Sajjaja

I think it was to show that Joffrey killed a bird. When the cake is lifted up, you see a bird head roll out of it. Probably wasn't meant to indicate anything more.

OR IT WAS INDICATIVE THAT PEACE WON`T LAST. Doves are birds that represent peace, and one that is dead isnt exactly a good sign lol.

Koodo

Banned
Because she wanted him to have a painless death as opposed to being brutally murdered by the opposing army, kind of a different circumstance. She used nightshade, not eyebleed hell-liquid.
That was such an amazing scene btw. Cersei comforting her son on the throne. Legend.

I'm still screaming at Joffrey's death. :byebitch: :ahh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom