• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFlow

Banned
bye-b.gif

I totally did this as it happened.

ST2K

Finally, Tywin has stated endlessly that what matters most is his family name and legacy. Joffrey was a shit king and hard to control, but I'm sure he doesn't want people to think that the Lannisters can just be murdered like anyone else, either.

Joffery was a Baratheon.

Enco

Awesome ending.

Feels good not knowing what's going to happen. Unlike the wedding that I had spoiled last season.

I say it was the grandma that did it. Along with the fool guy.

Didn't spot the necklace thing but it explains why he told her to go with him. Good stuff.

I guess that's why in the season trailers Tyrion was in chains.

Nose Master

I'm thinkin' it was the pie, and the granny / newqueen (I'm bad with names) both knew about it. The shot on the pie was menacing (maybe it was just showing he killed a dove with his strike?) When Margery was talking ill about Joffrey to granny, she told her to keep face, etc.

The way she immediately fed him the pie seemed to imply it too heavily.

zkylon

zkylewd
just finished watching the ep., pretty good one, in fact probably one of my favorites since the cup scene was tense as all fuck. the whole thing echoed theon's torture under psycho sausage muncher bolton kid, it was pretty great

joffrey got less than he deserved but better he dies now before he can really start hurting dear tyrion.

guess joffrey's death couldn't escape how everything else works in this show, it never really bring satisfaction, it just helps fuel more frustration with how fucked up got's universe is.

wow they had this all recorded just to play after this episode lol

I'm thinkin' it was the pie, and the granny / newqueen (I'm bad with names) both knew about it. The shot on the pie was menacing (maybe it was just showing he killed a dove with his strike?) When Margery was talking ill about Joffrey to granny, she told her to keep face, etc.

The way she immediately fed him the pie seemed to imply it too heavily.
yea the shot of the pie was meant to show there were dead doves inside it

as in joffrey is such a fucking asshole he can't even cut a cake without killing something

I cant believe that was just the second episode of the season. How the hell are they gonna top that.

I hope the whole whodunnit angle isnt what we are in for, for the next 8 episodes. Get it out of the way nice and quick.

ST2K

Lannisters made damn sure to pretty much make people forget about the Baratheon heritage of Joffrey. After all, he is always referred to as 'Joffrey of the houses Lannister and Baratheon'

Were they pushing that? I noticed it in the wedding, but I always seemed to recall him referred to as Joffery Baratheon previously.

Regardless, his public face is Joffery Baratheon. The impudent king who had shown that he wouldn't be cowed easily by Tywin before. The Baratheon king who has a younger brother that is much more controllable who stands to gain the throne now.

how many episodes will be wasted trying to figure out who poisoned him? just seems that everything moves so slowly (targaryen's arrival, white walkers, battle at castle black)

Sajjaja

how many episodes will be wasted trying to figure out who poisoned him? just seems that everything moves so slowly (targaryen's arrival, white walkers, battle at castle black)

Well people are already surprised that his death happened so soon, so I expect it's moving as fast as it should. There are just so many characters to cover, its hard to get a real sense of progress.

demolitio

Why would she? Now they have no power.

I tried to figure this out in my post on the last page. Joffrey's death doesn't suddenly ruin her chances and if anything, keeps her best asset safer than before. Seeing as Tommen looked old enough, maybe she'll secure the marriage with him which will be safer for Margaery and improving her image while showing the Tyrells to be loyal to the people.

I'm assuming Sansa had no idea what was going on but her necklace was used to smuggle the poison in with Olenna using the drunk guy who gave the necklace to Sansa as the patsy just in case something goes wrong as he's easily expendable and not seen as trustworthy or worth a damn to the rest of King's Landing.. Sansa adds a layer of plausible deniability to the assassination while possibly being beneficial to the responsible party.

Maybe Olenna thought Joffrey was too crazy and didn't want to risk her granddaughter, her family's best asset at the moment, by marrying her to an unpredictable nutjob. You might be able to manipulate him often, but one slip-up is bad news with Joffrey.

She might also use this as a way to secure even more power, possibly marrying Margaery off to Tommen (he seems older now) which would make them seem even more respectable while being with a much more level-headed king.

It's how I see it because I don't think anyone else would pull this off and have Tyrion as the perfect fall-guy like that and Olenna did spend some time with Sansa and their scenes together once again seem like foreshadowing. I just wonder if anyone else is involved.

Oberyn doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would do this as he much rather do it himself in a more violent manner. The only other people I could think of that would do something like this are Varys and Littlefinger and we haven't seen or heard from the latter in quite some time. He did really care for Catelyn and want Sansa to come with him at one point right? And now Sansa is fleeing with the drunkard? Who knows...

To me, Olenna is definitely involved in some way. Her motives just aren't 100% certain.

Fuck. I love this show.

Nose Master

Anyone have that gif of the group of black dudes where the one jumps into the others' arms after (I assume) spittin some hot fire? It's hard to describe that gif.

demolitio

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Awesome episode. Finally!

So.. who will be the new king?

Tommen seems to be the most likely candidate. That's why I'm saying it's not necessarily a bad move for Olenna since Margaery can marry Tommen which would be put them in an even better position, especially in terms of safety.

This episode had me so excited that I just tried to raid King's Landing in the Game of Thrones mod for Mount and Blade: Warband for shits and giggles and ended up losing horrendously. :D

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yes! New episode day. Must not read this thread .

I'm ready for tits and horses

Linius

Aw yis, finally he's gone. That was the downright the best scene in GoT ever, seeing Joffrey choke to death. It doesn't get more perfect.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Flawless episode. Joffrey's time was up
All the cuts to Varys' disapproving face during the wedding were cracking me up. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't know something was up given how many spies he has

Nibel

Probably one of the most pathetic and therefore best deaths of the entire show so far; killed at his own wedding in his own country while eating a piece of pie - he deserves this shameful way to go

Sure, most people would love to see him being split in half or something similar barbaric, but to me this was the best kind of killing him since it totally exposes his true nature: a little child

Cersei's reaction was haunting and I can only assume that shit will get heated in the next episodes. The entire wedding arc was done so exceptionally well - spitting on Sansa's family and making them look foolish, the whole cup scene between Joffrey and Tyrion and of course the ending

This is just episode two of season four and I'm really excited to see where this will go. What a fantastic episode!

ZoddGutts

Emotion is clouding her judgement.

Tyrion is definitely going to take the fall for this... :(

Would their father allow Tyrion do be executed though? He may not like Tyrion but executing him would make their family look bad. Also Jamie doesn't seem to be on bad terms with Tyrion and may try to stop Cersei at having Tyrion sentence to death because there's no real proof that it was Tyrion. At this point it's just Cersei blaming the person she hates the most.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I looove the choking death fake out. Like he starts choking and you're thinking "aww fuck this would be a hilariously ironic way to die" and it just escalates into brutal. Four seasons in and this is probably the first really satisfying antagonist death. Awesome, awesome scene.

Episode as a whole was pretty good. A lot of slow world/character building that in many ways felt like an extension of the first episode, filling in the characters that were skipped over that time around.

Best thing: no Dany.

Moaradin

The wedding kinda overshadows it but the Bran scene seems like it will be pretty important.

And did anyone else love the scene with Greyjoy and the immediate cut to Tyrion eating a sausage? lol

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Would their father allow Tyrion do be executed though? He may like Tyrion but executing him would make their family look bad. Also Jamie doesn't seem to be on bad terms with Tyrion and may try to stop Cersei at having Tyrion sentence to death because there's no real proof that it was Tyrion. At this point it's just Cersei blaming the person she hates the most.

It will cause a rift within the family for sure.
Obviously Cersei has no love for him, even more so now. Tywin has never liked him but I don't know if he would support such a thing, but my guess would be yes
Jamie is obviously still close to Tyrion and would fight such a thing and Tommen seemed to be sympathetic to him at the wedding so perhaps he would move in his defense?

I can't see them killing off Tyrion though, they'll try but he'll get away. But then they did kill off Ned Stark so who knows?

I do wish they introduced Tommen more though as he is obviously going to play a much bigger part in things to come. But I suppose suddenly featuring the younger brother would raise questions as to why

Volimar

Awesome ending.

Feels good not knowing what's going to happen. Unlike the wedding that I had spoiled last season.

I say it was the grandma that did it. Along with the fool guy.

Didn't spot the necklace thing but it explains why he told her to go with him. Good stuff.

I guess that's why in the season trailers Tyrion was in chains.

Are we allowed to talk about trailers in this thread?

If so:

outtake spoiler?

http://i.imgur.com/CO9PU1S.gif

Script was incredible tonight. I loved the bitchiness of the whole thing, the passive agressive hatred.

This show is now the biggest game of Cluedo the world has ever seen.

I love the camera work and editing as well. EVERYONE COULD HAVE DONE IT!!!

Volimar

Script was incredible tonight. I loved the bitchiness of the whole thing, the passive agressive hatred.

This show is now the biggest game of Cluedo the world has ever seen.

I love the camera work and editing as well. EVERYONE COULD HAVE DONE IT!!!

Maybe they did. Maybe every single dish for the evening had been poisoned by a different person.

Nah, everyone knows it was that leech from Stannis that did it.

JoeBoy101

Exactly what he deserved.

He looked like a scared child as he choked on his own bile.

Oh, I don't think he choked to death on his bile. He was bleeding out his pores and hemorrhaging everywhere.

If anything, he choked to death on his own blood, but more likely his heart just gave out. But it certainly wasn't a painless death.

Oh, I don't think he choked to death on his bile. He was bleeding out his pores and hemorrhaging everywhere.

If anything, he choked to death on his own blood, but more likely his heart just gave out. But it certainly wasn't a painless death.
I'm sure a lot of things were happening. It was more a figure of speech.

He looked weak, pathetic, and helpless, which is exactly what he was.

-Silver-

Beautiful episode. Joeffrey has to be the most miserable fucker to treat Tyrion like that. There has to be a point where even a lunatic will stop and think, "What about my image as a king?". I don't think Cersei said to arrest Tyrion because she hates him,but because Joeffrey pointed at his general direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom