• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got spoiled on another character death, damn you facebook >:O

can someone who has read the books quote me? I'll send you a pm and see if the spoiler is true

Cyan

Banned
Got it.

Thanks.

So its widely known that those are not Roberts kids?

Or Stannis knows at least.

Well, Stannis apparently sent letters to everyone and their mother about it. So everyone knows, but officially they're just vicious rumors put out by a jealous uncle who wants the throne for himself.

So are there any "purple wedding" reaction videos coming out of Sunday's episode? Because those were fun to watch until people started faking them.

Vashetti

Banned
For some reason I think it's the Jester that had something to do with it...Olenna is too obvious a choice and not a very smart one, she's far too smart to do something like that.

He was obviously in on it because he whisked Sansa away.

But no way was he the orchestrator. Not clever or resourceful enough. I'll gladly eat crow (lol) if he was the grand architect.

Nameless

Stannis the Motherfucking Mannis

Goddamn is his leitmotif perfect.

Love Stannis. You can always count on him for simple yet poignant words of wisdom.

His reign would likely bring unimaginable suffering & death as many in Westeros refused to disavow their false gods in favor the Lord of Light's warmth. Those be the breaks, though. I welcome the era of Stannis.

No, you are absolutely right. But Joffrey still had all of Robert's bastards slaughtered a season or two ago for good measure.

True, but show has hinted that bastards can be brought into the family proper. Catelyn broke a vow to herself to love Jon Snow and convince Ned to make him a Stark. Roose also implies Ramsay will be rewarded with the Bolton name if he successfully reclaims those Northern territories from the Greyjoys.

I never thought I'd feel sorry for Theon Greyjoy after his behavior and conduct - at times, I hated him even more than Joffrey - but I would never wish this sort of punishment and treatment on my worst enemy. Put him out of his misery already.

Overdoziz

Banned
iNAiwilOiPoqb.gif

Subtle.

Jrmint

I never thought I'd feel sorry for Theon Greyjoy after his behavior and conduct - at times, I hated him even more than Joffrey - but I would never wish this sort of punishment and treatment on my worst enemy. Put him out of his misery already.
I have to believe his sister is gonna come to save him soon. That whole crew of Ramsey, Bolton and the guy who cut off Jaime's hand are way overdue for getting what's coming.

Vashetti

Banned
Just rewatched and man, the wedding feast just goes on and on and on and on (in a good way).

What a masterpiece this scene is. Everybody important gets a reaction shot as Joff gets what's coming to him.

And yes, Jack Gleeson deserves all the praise we can give. What a terrific final episode for him.

Joffrey will be missed.

UrokeJoe

I honestly want to read the books, but now I honestly don't want to ruin this show. Books, no books this is one hell of a experience. Excellent entertainment.

One more reminder that we're not comparing the books and the show in this thread. Thank you.

Grr! I wish book readers and non-book reading speculators would be more careful. I don't want to get accidentally spoiled by this thread.

Can't we just, in this thread, pretend the books don't exist?

Did Robert Baratheon ever fuck Cersei? I always assumed that he loathed her so he never touched her. And if he did how does she not have at least one of his kids?

And if so, how did he not know Cersei's 3 kids werent his?

Volimar

Did Robert Baratheon ever fuck Cersei? I always assumed that he loathed her so he never touched her. And if he did how does she not have at least one of his kids?

And if so, how did he not know Cersei's 3 kids werent his?

He was usually so plastered by the time he got into bed with her, he wouldn't remember if he had been with her or not.

IceCold

I honestly want to read the books, but now I honestly don't want to ruin this show. Books, no books this is one hell of a experience. Excellent entertainment.

Same here. I want to read them since then no one can spoil the story to me but at the same I'm afraid that doing so will affect my enjoyment of the show.

gatisimo

Can we please stop the "omg I got spoiled on a character death" posts? IMO, that's spoiling that someone important is going to die. I know this is GoT, and everyone dies, but still... am I alone on this? It's like watching a movie with someone who goes, "ooh! pay attention here!" -- wtf...

As for last night's episode, I only wish we got to see someone put a blade in Joffrey. His death was welcome news, but having it happen the way it did made it bittersweet.

My guesses as to who did it:

- none of the obvious players (Sansa, Tyrion, the Tyrell women, Oberyn). I think the show takes itself too seriously to let it be someone who they try to steer you towards.

- apologies for forgetting her name, but the tall blonde woman who accompanied Jamie. She was loyal to Renly and Cat Stark. Seems like she'd want revenge in their names, and her scene was kind of shoe-horned in. I thought it was strange she approached the throne. My only problem is that she strikes me as the type to stab him in the throat, not do it silently and sneakily... which leads me to my final guess

- Littlefinger, who must have been devastated to hear Cat Stark was murdered. The style fits him perfectly, plus he has the perfect alibi -- he was gone at the time.

Can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Akim

Banned
I hate reading theories because anyone can pretend to be a show watcher and put out their awesome theories. So I just ignore that shit. I hate people sometimes, can't keep their dumb mouths shut.

UrokeJoe

Can we please stop the "omg I got spoiled on a character death" posts? IMO, that's spoiling that someone important is going to die. I know this is GoT, and everyone dies, but still... am I alone on this? It's like watching a movie with someone who goes, "ooh! pay attention here!" -- wtf...

As for last night's episode, I only wish we got to see someone put a blade in Joffrey. His death was welcome news, but having it happen the way it did made it bittersweet.

My guesses as to who did it:

- none of the obvious players (Sansa, Tyrion, the Tyrell women, Oberyn). I think the show takes itself too seriously to let it be someone who they try to steer you towards.

- apologies for forgetting her name, but the tall blonde woman who accompanied Jamie. She was loyal to Renly and Cat Stark. Seems like she'd want revenge in their names, and her scene was kind of shoe-horned in. I thought it was strange she approached the throne. My only problem is that she strikes me as the type to stab him in the throat, not do it silently and sneakily... which leads me to my final guess

- Littlefinger, who must have been devastated to hear Cat Stark was murdered. The style fits him perfectly, plus he has the perfect alibi -- he was gone at the time.

Can't wait to see how this all plays out.

So this! I wanted him to see it coming so bad!

Deku Tree

I hate reading theories because anyone can pretend to be a show watcher and put out their awesome theories. So I just ignore that shit. I hate people sometimes, can't keep their dumb mouths shut.

Yeah I was a bit worried about that... So many theories put out so quickly that seem to perfectly catch every super small subtle little detail in the show. And it is very hard to know who is guessing fairly vs who is already on the know.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

While I don't think she did it, now you mention her that scene was rather odd.
Seemed like a very artificial way to get Cersei to tell her to back off. I'd have thought it more likely Brienne started to talk to Jamie then Cersei comes over and has the very same conversation right in front of him to embarrass her

Joffrey's death and the reactions of non-book readers reminds me of a character death in another HBO show, The Wire (season 5), where people felt that the character that died didn't get the death he or she "deserved".

People who have watched The Wire probably know exactly what and who I'm talking about.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
webm that shit
Ugh. Please no. Not everyone can or wants to jump through hoops to view them. They need to mature first. Give them another 5 years or so to become standard.

It was Varys. Look at his rage, seething under his cloak.

ibjkKvUFw2L2Z.gif
I love this image. Poor guy. So casual. *whack*

Show is great, dude.
The spoiler was stated in the middle of a ramble ("and when
Joffrey
gets poisoned..") so I think most people would've either disregarded it as a joke or simply not catch it at all. I certainly didn't catch it the first time I saw the episode, and when I did I didn't necessarily believe it until I saw the pieces falling into place last night. :p
I loved those episodes, but I don't remember that line. Somehow it was so subtle it didn't stick in my head. I love South Park though. It's very intelligently written for something that takes 6 days to create every week.

This made me laugh.

Lamel

Banned
It doesn't bother me that Jack Gleeson is retiring from acting for academic pursuits given his natural passion for intellectualism and distaste for the celebrity, but I hope he recognises that beyond the fandom and nonsense his contribution to performance art is ultimately one of the strongest in the entire show. If that's all he ever wants to do, he should sit well knowing he delivered in spades and accomplished exactly what all great actors should: emotional resonance with the audience.

Definitely. Much respect for him.

yukonrye

Hidden penis behind Joffrey during the banquet? The crown defines the head and the sigils of Baratheon and Lannister decorate the balls?

Maybe it's just me.

G80XhnY.jpg

Qurupeke

Really one of the best episodes and finally justice! The wedding was just so great. The Tyrion-Joffrey face-off was really good and the final minute of the episode just delivered what EVERYONE wanted. I really liked that lady Olenna mentioned the red wedding and the sad fact that Robb died at his wedding. The purple wedding finally did it! I'm so happy right now, I can't believe it.

Other than that, the Greyjoy-Bolton scene was great. Poor Theon, I feel really sorry about him. I despised him at first but the change to Rick really changed my opinion on him. I wanted him to cut his throat so bad... Fucking Bolton bastard...

Rich!

good episode

but still salty that South Park spoiled it last year. In the "weiner party" scene, GRRM says "right, and the next part is just after King Joffrey is poisoned"

fucksake trey

AndyD

aka andydumi
Joffrey's death and the reactions of non-book readers reminds me of a character death in another HBO show, The Wire (season 5), where people felt that the character that died didn't get the death he or she "deserved".

People who have watched The Wire probably know exactly what and who I'm talking about.

Yep. Although at least this was painful and there was at least a short sense of suffering unlike the Wire one where there was some realization but not necessarily as much pain.

I think that death was far more traumatic to the viewers though. More on par with hypothetically Tyrion dying last night instead.

Khaz

The only thing it means is that when a pie is full of birds and you cleave it, some of the birds are going to get cleaved too.

When the birds flew away I kept thinking what if there was a stripper in that cake? I really expected some bloodied hand instead of dead pigeons at some point. Scary.

Real-world advice: don't put birds in your cake. They're going to shit in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom