• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildfire

Banned
He's a good actor in my opinion. At least he seems born for this role. There's a reason everyone hated him so much... he was really convincing.

How could people hate him. Batman liked him.

rKdos.jpg

Busaiku

Honestly, I don't think Theon's spirit is actually broken at this point.
I just think that he thought killing Ramsay there would've just gotten himself killed, so there was no point.

spirity

Joffrey should have had the fate Theon is having right now. This was way too quick.

Though I have to admit, the show won't be the same without him.

spirity

I just think that he thought killing Ramsay there would've just gotten himself killed, so there was no point.

Yeah, his reaction to the news of Rob showed he wasn't completely broken. He's got a role to play yet thats for sure.

I'm sure we'll get insight into his true state of mind whenever his sister and her ships come to save him.

Portugeezer

YES!

It was glorious watching this annoying cunt finally die.

Now, I wonder who killed him... only two suspects at this point, his wife of the midget... so I guess neither.

Reek is looking like shit, I knew he wouldn't slice that guys throat though, it's all an act.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Great episode.
As much as I hated that kid, the show's gonna feel weird without him
I think the fool has something to do with the whole thing, he is seen taking Sansa away. Unless I saw it wrong. Whoever poisoned him, clearly wanted to frame Tyrion.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Use the subscribe button you fools!

This cannot be quoted enough. Filter out the OTHER thread by accessing this one from your Subscriptions tab at the very top of the page.

Mr.Mike

As glad as I am to see he dead that was kinda boring way to go. I would have wanted to see he go by the sword.

I was hoping he would be killed in a duel with Arya or something. A duel which he demanded to be part of because of his arrogance.

So... who gets the throne?

I suspect it'll all end with nobody on throne after everyone just barely manages to fend off the Others, the kingdom shattered into smaller pieces.

EDIT: Oh, you mean like right now? Tommen Lannister I guess, there must be a reason he was suddenly shown at the end of the episode.

demolitio

After re-watching the crossbow scene on YouTube (nudity and all weirdly enough), I actually wonder if Littlefinger had a hand in this for retribution for Ros and making his own moves since this is definitely his sort of play. Also, the drunkard is helping Sansa escape which we know how Littlefinger feels about her and with Catelyn dead, maybe he figured it was time to finally get her out of there assuming he ended up at The Vale. I mean, he's been absent from the show after being quite the crucial character so I just wonder if he's involved due to his feelings for Catelyn and Sansa, his hatred of Joffrey, and his cleverness lends itself to an assassination like this with so many patsies in front of him that no one would suspect him.

Based on the scenes with Olenna though, I'm sure she's involved as well. I originally said this was the type of move Varys or Littlefinger would be proud of, but we've seen Varys lately and I don't think he'd care about Sansa while Littlefinger has been suspiciously absent after sailing away and he would love to protect Sansa as well.

Maybe it's just me wanting Littlefinger to return since he was such an interesting character, but this assassination is right up his alley and he has reasons to do it as well.

Great episode.
As much as I hated that kid, the show's gonna feel weird without him
I think the fool has something to do with the whole thing, he is seen taking Sansa away. Unless I saw it wrong. Whoever poisoned him, clearly wanted to frame Tyrion.

Being Joffrey's fool he probably thinks Tyrion was mistreating her and would want wisk her away to safety. The poor girl would say everything is fin and it could be read as protecting her captors when Tyrion would never raise a hand to her.

-Poison. Isn't poison considered the coward's method of assassination? It might have also been referred to as the "woman's way", but maybe I'm mixing that up with something else? Regardless, if the individual(s) that organized the killing wanted to set the narrative, the method is key... and poison could point away from the true guilty party.

And who's the biggest coward there, Dantos, Sansa's protector.

Oooh maybe the poison was in two parts, so someone could drink the wine or eat the pie and be fine, but when combined... EYE BLEEDING DEATH

And who knows a thing or two about chemistry? Lord motherfuckin' Varys.

lol jk, trying to think of the most ridiculous conspiracy theories.

demolitio

Oooh maybe the poison was in two parts, so someone could drink the wine or eat the pie and be fine, but when combined... EYE BLEEDING DEATH

And who knows a thing or two about chemistry? Lord motherfuckin' Varys.

lol jk, trying to think of the most ridiculous conspiracy theories.

He wasn't poisoned at all, he just ate fucking pigeon guts from slicing open the pie like that and he just so happens to be allergic to pigeon guts.

Only one person knew he was allergic to pigeon guts and that was Tommen. Tommen be making moves!

Carbonox

I finally caught up. Was obvious something was going to happen in the episode but that...that was fantastic. hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh

So many potential culprits but lay your filthy incest hands off Tyrion pls :(

I hope it's Oberyn though, just cos that would be glorious revengeance for what the Lannisters did in the past. Child eye for a child eye, innit.

Varys was in on it or knew it was coming. They cut to him the entire wedding and he always looked like he was worried/miserable. He must have heard from one of his little birds.

Philippo

Man, this show. This episode was so perfectly paced.
Probabily the only season where the beginning episodes are a 10/10, it can only go uphill from here.

If Ser Dantos(the jester) ends up being the culprit then i'll be massively disappointed.
Because for a show based on politics, intrigues and revenge, one thing is Robb's death which he called on himself by making a mistake at the "game", but being killed just because someone thinks you are a jerk? Hell no, not only it's disappointing, but almost "unfair" to the show themes (yes i know the rule is "there is no rule", but still...).

spirity

He wasn't poisoned at all, he just ate fucking pigeon guts from slicing open the pie like that and he just so happens to be allergic to pigeon guts.

Only one person knew he was allergic to pigeon guts and that was Tommen. Tommen be making moves!

Pigeon?

Or

grilled

SEAGULL!!!!

demolitio

Varys was in on it or knew it was coming. They cut to him the entire wedding and he always looked like he was worried/miserable. He must have heard from one of his little birds.

Damn it. I rather it be Littlefinger than Varys. I'm still pulling for LF to be involved as it's the type of sneaky vengeance he'd be proud of.

Mr.Mike

I suspect the conspiracy to kill Joffery is much larger than just one person. It's clear that the Dornish despise the Lannisters for multiple reasons, the shitshow at the wedding only adding to their hatred. I suspect they're allied with the Tyrells secretly and are helping them to take the throne. The Tyrells want Sansa so that they can bring the North under them when they take the Iron Throne.

Olena might intend to have Margery be recognized as the Queen. Queen Margery possibly marrying Oberyn. (Oberyn and Loris seems to be sleeping together too, corroborating evidence! ) Olena also mentions the Iron Bank of Braavos, who might be helping them take the Throne since the Lannisters aren't paying their debts.

I think it was alllll Littlefinger's doing.

They haven't shown how he's doing yet and there's no reason to snatch up the Stark girl for anyone really. I mean, does she still have rule over the North in her resume? Shouldnt Imp hold the North regardless of if she's alive and well or not now? Or if she's napped and "re-married" does that over-ride stuff?

Mr.Mike

They haven't shown how he's doing yet and there's no reason to snatch up the Stark girl for anyone really. I mean, does she still have rule over the North in her resume? Shouldnt Imp hold the North regardless of if she's alive and well or not now? Or if she's napped and "re-married" does that over-ride stuff?

Ultimately these claims will be enforced by the sword. They just need a little bit of an excuse to do so, no matter how weak.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
"War is war, but killing a man at a wedding? Horrid. What sort of monster would do such a thing?"
Damn cold gangsta.

The only thing I didn't like was Cersei's reaction to her son's death.

I guess we'll find out if the fool takes her over to him. The Old lady definitely played a part though.

Carbonox

I suspect the conspiracy to kill Joffery is much larger than just one person. It's clear that the Dornish despise the Lannisters for multiple reasons, the shitshow at the wedding only adding to their hatred. I suspect they're allied with the Tyrells secretly and are helping them to take the throne. The Tyrells want Sansa so that they can bring the North under them when they take the Iron Throne.

Olena might intend to have Margery be recognized as the Queen. Queen Margery possibly marrying Oberyn. (Oberyn and Loris seems to be sleeping together too, corroborating evidence! ) Olena also mentions the Iron Bank of Braavos, who might be helping them take the Throne since the Lannisters aren't paying their debts.

This would make the most sense. The most logical choice in my eyes would be the Tyrells and I could see what you're saying actually happen.

Jetman

Was anyone here kind of annoyed by Brienne? I mean, what is she doing there at Kings Landing besides just hanging out and taking in the good life? She swore to Catelyn she'd get Sansa and Arya out of there and I don't think she's even asked Jamie anything about the Stark girls. And then she goes to the wedding, cozies up to Joffrey and Cersie, and now Sansa is gone (unless Brienne is complicent in the murder which I doubt, not really her style). Wtf Brienne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom