• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

Specifics aside, I will eat my hat of Little Finger wasn't the grand architect of Joffrey's assassination. His absence from the show thus far hasn't gone unnoticed, which I wouldn't be shocked to learn was a hint of some sort. The showrunners are clearly trying to plant various culprits by reminding us throughout the episode that pretty much every character present at the wedding had some motivation to do Joffrey harm. Now I'm sure a few of them were indeed co-conspirators (namely the Jester - I forget his name, as well as Margaery and Olenna), but yeah, Little Finger has to be the puppet master here.

I agree with other theories that the necklace likely played an important role as well. I doubt Sansa had anything to do with it. If my theory is correct and Little Finger was behind it, there's no way he'd risk implicating her (and potential harm coming to her should the plan go wrong). Whoever was actually responsible, it definitely seems like Tyrion was meant to be framed for the murder.

Carbonox

Next on my death wish list:

1. Crsei (bitch)
2. Littlefinger and Varys (manipulative bastards)
3. Tywin (kent)
4. Danys (boring)

I wouldnt be surprised if Dany dies at the hand of her untame dragons and Bran's strength increases so much that he can control the dragons by his mind, thus taking over the iron throne (hence why his visions showed dragons).

This would disappoint me to no end. The one plot I do not care for is the whole "yer a wizard 'arry" shit going on with Bran and his gormless child friends. Utterly insufferable.

I want Dany to wreck shit in Westeros with her dragons. Whether she survives such a thing unscathed or if her dragons end up killing every living thing and using King's Landing as a toilet, I don't care, as long as we see dat judgment day.

Isn't Reeks Sister on her way to help him with an arma of ships?

She left last year, how long doe sit take to get to where she is going?

I miss Little Finger, he was one of my favs. is he even in this season?

I don't see what Varys or Littlefinger have to gain by killing Joffrey though. They don't care who is in power, as long as that power is stable and they are in good finances and safe from harm.

Jack Gleeson has always said that he prefers academia to acting. And truth be told it'll be extremely hard for him to play any other type of character, after being one of the greatest TV villains of all time.

I enjoyed that episode : D

Joffrey's face at the end was delivering. JACK Gleeson really is a terrific actor. The whole wedding was so hard to watch, specially at Tyrion's expense. Too bad the comeuppance was swift, was the only thing I thought!

Cersei is shaping up to be one of those unreasonable and unhinged woman, at this stage. e.g. she spurns Jaime's advances (he's been back for weeks, but he's not getting any ;__;) but she gets crossed with Brienne's confession, she seems to approve of margaery's food leftover thing but then undercuts her behind her back.... out of a heated spark of anger towards ... brienne??... hmm

I hope her character skirted that cheap waters of "crazy woman is crazy" somehow and blossoms into a real hate-worthy, intelligent but horrible character that she could be. Cuz I think Lori in Walking Dead died in many audience's regards in those bracky muck.

Anyway. Loved Bronn, loved Joff (in a hatehatehate way), and loved Tyrion in that episode. Great season so far < 3

Curufinwe

Specifics aside, I will eat my hat of Little Finger wasn't the grand architect of Joffrey's assassination. His absence from the show thus far hasn't gone unnoticed, which I wouldn't be shocked to learn was a hint of some sort. The showrunners are clearly trying to plant various culprits by reminding us throughout the episode that pretty much every character present at the wedding had some motivation to do Joffrey harm. Now I'm sure a few of them were indeed co-conspirators (namely the Jester - I forget his name, as well as Margaery and Olenna), but yeah, Little Finger has to be the puppet master here.

I agree with other theories that the necklace likely played an important role as well. I doubt Sansa had anything to do with it. If my theory is correct and Little Finger was behind it, there's no way he'd risk implicating her (and potential harm coming to her should the plan go wrong). Whoever was actually responsible, it definitely seems like Tyrion was meant to be framed for the murder.

Better get that nacho hat ready.

Nameless

1. Crsei (bitch)
3. Tywin (kent)
4. Danys (boring)

tumblr_inline_n3pkj1v2Cf1ry2ei8.gif

I miss Little Finger, he was one of my favs. is he even in this season?

I miss him too! I hope we will see him soon. I love the three 'brains' in King's Landing (Tyrion, Varis, Littlefinger). When they are dancing in the same court, you can almost hear the blades crossing each other's throat oh so finely.

Ultimadrago

The only thing in this show that really turns me off is everything Bran. his visions are boring, and im over it.

Yeah, I'm ready for him to find something awesome to do with his Warg powers like head a pack of wolves that he controls all at will or, if he crosses paths with Daenerys assaulting the Main Lands, to control a dragon and combat the Unsullied with it.

Let the Blood of Wargs take over, Bran.

I miss him too! I hope we will see him soon. I love the three 'brains' in King's Landing (Tyrion, Varis, Littlefinger). When they are dancing in the same court, you can almost hear the blades crossing each other's throat oh so finely.

100%. I hang on their every word. Little finger has some of the best dialogue in the show.

1. Crsei (bitch)
3. Tywin (kent)
4. Danys (boring)

I wouldnt be surprised if Dany dies at the hand of her untame dragons and Bran's strength increases so much that he can control the dragons by his mind, thus taking over the iron throne (hence why his visions showed dragons).

Varys only serves the realm

yes yes. i agree very much. such sasssss < 3

p01ar, wow, .... hahah. omg. that's so horrible. (and good).... hahah, those mounts, wtf

Last season when he and Sansa were talking and she decided to stay Lord Baelish had the best delivery i have ever heard.

Who can site it?

"hearing your concern for my well being..........."

It was such amazing delivery.

FTF

Great episode and enjoyed Joffrey finally getting his comeuppance...regardless of the fact that Southpark spoiled it for me (which was ok because the wiener song was so funny lol).

Kind of annoyed I got spoiled and knew some shit was going down when someone called it the "Purple Wedding". For a second there I was afraid Tyrion was going to bite the dust.

Also, #TeamSansa did it

pringles

The only thing in this show that really turns me off is everything Bran. his visions are boring, and im over it.
But...that's the best storyline. To me that's the 'main' plot. Everything else is secondary. I wish Osha was still around but it's still the storyline that keeps me the most hooked.

Though I think they manage to keep every plotline interesting. Daenerys is probably the one that has always made me yawn a bit.

Loxley

How could it be Littlefinger? Isn't he up at the Aeyrie with the crazy mom?

That's true, but given this show's history with characters meddling with other characters in a very passive-aggressive way, it wouldn't be too hard to imagine Littlefinger was involved in the planning from afar.

Again, I could be completely off base with this. At the very least it's abundantly clear that Olenna was directly involved.

Dawg

I like how, at the beginning of the wedding, Tyrion thought Oberyn said hey to him and then you get that priceless reply that he was talking to that whore and not Tyrion.

Really liking Oberyn so far.

No one has brought up Small Councilman Pycelle. While not topping many lists, I want that old fart gone forever.

I was just about to mention that scene were Cersei absolutely deals with the creeper. I don't know why they don't just ignore him. It's not like he's a threat to anyone.

Also, is Oberyn only into guys and just has Ellia around to play a straight man in public? She jumped on him super fast after Oberyn stabbed that guy to make sure Tyrion and Bronn had a strong impression of Oberyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom