• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario007

Just a quick question, do we treat books as if they don't exist here or I can I actually go ahead and reply to someone saying "I could tell you but that's a book spoiler, if you want I can PM you the answer?"?

So...uh...was anyone else looking at that top down view of Cercei's cleavage as Joff was dying in her arms? Also, they should name the book thread asoif, it would make the two threads easier to distinguish.

Nameless

534b3c327686d86f77011891_cersei_spoilers.gif

Come on people, let Corn or Eat Children take care of the spoilees. Why keep drawing attention to them?

inky

The white walkers will conquer everything and Kelly C will finally arrive to a snow covered barren wasteland. Good thing she brought some dragons with her I guess.

Tenks

I would have liked to see a lot more with Bran, because it feels like his story is going NO WHERE, than see Theon tortured for 5 episodes.

I still don't get why Bran didn't do something when he saw Jon last season. It's like "Oh, there's my bro. I'll see him later I guess".

The Bran and Dany stories are growing old for me. Dany is just wandering around a desert freeing one slave city after another with no direct impact on the Westeros storyline. Bran is full-on re-enacting Fellowship of the Ring by just walking around in a forest doing nothing.

Mario007

Hm I didn't get that impression from that shot. I took it as something like King's Landing will move, metaphorically, to the north. Or perhaps King's Landing will be covered in metaphorical cold? Dunno.

Well we do know that Winter IS coming to Westeros.

Paganmoon

So...uh...was anyone else looking at that top down view of Cercei's cleavage as Joff was dying in her arms? Also, they should name the book thread asoif, it would make the two threads easier to distinguish.

There are actually 3 threads, one for the books only (asoif) in community, one spoiler discussion for the series, and this one.

ASIS

Hm I didn't get that impression from that shot. I took it as something like King's Landing will move, metaphorically, to the north. Or perhaps King's Landing will be covered in metaphorical cold? Dunno.

I don't think so. The dragons will go to Kings Landing and probably tear it apart (Brans vision) that's why it looks like its in ruins. The snow is there because of winter, which is right around the corner.

Visions in GOT always mean something.

Edwardo

I must have missed it, but say you wanted to provide a picture I would not be opposed

Lyonaz

So...uh...was anyone else looking at that top down view of Cercei's cleavage as Joff was dying in her arms?

I'm baffled that there aren't any gifs posted of it yet. I was thoroughly enjoying that shot, you get boobies and Joffrey choking to death, double win!

Raiden

Banned

It was one of the few times in life that i took more pleasure in seeing something else happeon on screen rather than boobs.

Will revisit though.

effzee

I just remember he was sort of a main story arc in the previous seasons, kind of weird how they just stop that arc cold turkey.

Yeah now that you mention it, it is weird. Had completely forgotten about him.

Also I don't remember too well how last season ended.

Stannis receives a letter about the white walkers right? How they are about to attack? Or that the Wildlings are about to attack? Who does he receive this news from? Or why does he only get this message?

I am also a little confused about the stuff happening north of the wall. The Wildlings are forging an army to attack the other side of the wall right? Why? Is it to escape the White Walkers? Aren't the Walkers also about to attack?

I would have liked to see a lot more with Bran, because it feels like his story is going NO WHERE, than see Theon tortured for 5 episodes.

I still don't get why Bran didn't do something when he saw Jon last season. It's like "Oh, there's my bro. I'll see him later I guess".

That whole sequence was baffling. Bran does nothing even though he sees him.

Jon Snow saw the dire wolves too. Why didn't he think "oh shit my brothers/family" might be up there or in an around the area?

Why didn't he take his girl with him? He just runs away.

Mario007

I don't think so. The dragons will go to Kings Landing and probably tear it apart (Brans vision) that's why it looks like its in ruins. The snow is there because of winter, which is right around the corner.

Visions in GOT always mean something.

As far as I know, that spoilered part wasn't actually shown on the show, so best to remove it.

RedShift

The problem with doing this is that I'm sure we'll then get a load of people saying "Aww man I didn't realise asoiaf/A Song of Ice and Fire was the book series Game of Thrones was based on" after going in the thread.

I don't think it's that hard to pay attention to which thread you're going in. It was a bit more difficult last season where both thread titles were basically "Game of Thrones Season 3 *SOME ALL-CAPS TEXT THAT CONTAINS THE WORD SPOILERS AND IS HARD TO DISTINGUISH AT A GLANCE*"

The Bran and Dany stories are growing old for me. Dany is just wandering around a desert freeing one slave city after another with no direct impact on the Westeros storyline. Bran is full-on re-enacting Fellowship of the Ring by just walking around in a forest doing nothing.

Not to mention we haven't seen anything about the white walkers yet.

It does feel like there's a lot of meandering going on in the story as a whole. I haven't read the books, but one of the complaints i see when someone comments on why it's taking so long is apparently Martin keeps expanding the story rather than pushing the story truly forward. I don't know if that's completely true since I haven't read the books but it's not hard to think that's what's going on when we look at the storylines of Dany, Bran, and Theon.

I dunno, maybe I'm being picky but I do hope we get some resolutions to some of these story lines, or at least have them move forward in a meaningful way this season.

Pathos

Banned
Really? I don't even think I noticed. I think I was caught up in the moment lol.

Yeah now that you mention it, it is weird. Had completely forgotten about him.

Also I don't remember too well how last season ended.

Stannis receives a letter about the white walkers right? How they are about to attack? Or that the Wildlings are about to attack? Who does he receive this news from? Or why does he only get this message?

I am also a little confused about the stuff happening north of the wall. The Wildlings are forging an army to attack the other side of the wall right? Why? Is it to escape the White Walkers? Aren't the Walkers also about to attack?

That whole sequence was baffling. Bran does nothing even though he sees him.

Jon Snow saw the dire wolves too. Why didn't he think "oh shit my brothers/family" might be up there or in an around the area?

Why didn't he take his girl with him? He just runs away.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Does Jon and Bran know their whole family is dead? I can't remember.

Also, the most interesting thing about last episode was seeing Cerci react the same way as Joffrey. When you saw the little show they were literally both laughing at the same thing and no one else was. If anything that reinforced for me how much of Joffrey's issues were caused by his soulless, evil mother.

effzee

Not to mention we haven't seen anything about the white walkers yet.

It does feel like there's a lot of meandering going on in the story as a whole. I haven't read the books, but one of the complaints i see when someone comments on why it's taking so long is apparently Martin keeps expanding the story rather than pushing the story truly forward. I don't know if that's completely true since I haven't read the books but it's not hard to think that's what's going on when we look at the storylines of Dany, Bran, and Theon.

I dunno, maybe I'm being picky but I do hope we get some resolutions to some of these story lines, or at least have them move forward in a meaningful way this season.

I rather like it. Right now the main story seems to be the wedding and stuff going on in King's Landing but we just know all those other side characters and story will be the focal point down the road. Always a nice reminder like "oh yeah this guy/girl's story is still left". Like they aren't running out of material.

I do get bored by the Stannis stuff.

Nameless

Because I was annoyed at having that spoilt for me and I wanted the poster to know. At least I put the actual spoiler in tags.

I hear you. No worries.

Valar Morghulis

just popped in to say that this shot is effing gorgeous.

The roof being torn apart in Dany's vision always made me think dragons, and that she might destroy King's Landing trying to take it.

But maybe it's a glimpse into the deep future, where time has made Westeros a ruin.

inky

There are actually 3 threads, one for the books only (asoif) in community, one spoiler discussion for the series, and this one.

Book people should just not comment on this one, like at all. I don't trust any one of them to even remember if their info comes from the books or the show, and in my experience they only come to gloat or give hints about how they knew all along. Well, no shit you knew. Do you want a prize for that? Was it hard to read a whole book? Congrats smartass.

The reason many of us don't read the fucking books is because we would breeze through them and then be all like dumb yous waiting for George go finally get around writing the next fucking one. And doing nothing in the mean time but finding ways to fuck with people who haven't read them. I mean, the ones who have read them and I can't even tell from your posts here, thank you. I don't want to know if you read them or not. I don't want you to verify links or spoilers for me, I'm just not clicking any links.

Maybe I should just stay out of this thread like I normally do. At least this last episode was a surprise.

pestul

Sadly, I think I even have to avoid this thread now. I have this sinking feeling that there are a few book readers in here that post amazing 'theories' knowing full well the real truths... not to mention some of the outright spoilers linked or posted.

I should probably just suck it up and live with it though. These discussions are still very enjoyable.

Paganmoon

Book people should just not comment on this one, like at all. I don't trust any one of them to even remember if their info comes from the books or the show, and in my experience they only come to gloat or give hints about how they knew all along. Well, no shit you knew. Do you want a prize for that? Was it hard to read a whole book? Congrats smartass.

The reason many of us don't read the fucking books is because we would breeze through them and then be all like dumb yous waiting for George go finally get around writing the next fucking one. And doing nothing in the mean time but finding ways to fuck with people who haven't read them. I mean, the ones who have read them and I can't even tell from your posts here, thank you. I don't want to know if you read them or not. I don't want you to verify links or spoilers for me, I'm just not clicking any links.

Maybe I should just stay out of this thread like I normally do. At least this last episode was a surprise.

I... uh, only said there were 3 threads man... sorry about that though....

inky

Sadly, I think I even have to avoid this thread now. I have this sinking feeling that there are a few book readers in here that post amazing 'theories' knowing full well the real truths... not to mention some of the outright spoilers linked or posted.

Yup, sometimes it is really obvious. They can't help themselves.

Nameless

The only time I've been spoiled in this thread is last season when Robb finds dead Northmen in Harrenhal and magical theories started popping up implicating Roose Bolton.

Yup, sometimes it is really obvious. They can't help themselves.

It was pretty fucking bad last year. I enjoy the discussions in these threads but it does make it hard to enjoy when it's obvious there are some book readers who are just out to be dicks. I got into it with a few people over it last year. Very frustrating.

Tenks

Which names did Melisandre (or was it Stanis) say when throwing the leeches into the fire?

Hm. I believe it was all the people making a claim for the throne. So Robb and Joff I believe. Renley was already dead so not him. Did they say my boy Grayjoy?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So I've started my first rewatch, just finished season one. I don't think any other show holds up as well during a rewatch, there's so many connections and references that totally went over my head the first time around. And now I'm reading the wiki and it's all coming together for me. It's all so dense but fascinating at the same time. Man, I love this show.

Raiden

Banned
Jesus fucking christ. While i was laughing behind my desk at each and everyone of you who accidentally went in the wrong thread i just did it myself and got myself a ridiculous spoiler.

That fucking thing is a joke, the worst thing is it actually takes you a few posts before you realise whats going on ...

SamVimes

Jesus fucking christ. While i was laughing behind my desk at each and everyone of you who accidentally went in the wrong thread i just did it myself and got myself a ridiculous spoiler.

That fucking thing is a joke, the worst thing is it actually takes you a few posts before you realise whats going on ...

Yeah the huge red text on top of every page is really hard to read...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom