• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashetti

Banned
There is some amazing fanart of Khaleesi out there:

Mario_Teodosio_dracarys.jpg

This is stunning.

I want to see Dany in proper armour now.

She's leaving glasses of milk in her wake! Oh wait...

And yeah, I'm beginning to notice that I can't really follow any shows. Bob's Burger's Twitter feed was live tweeting the east coast feed last week. I understand you want to share with your community but there's a reason DVRs sell so well. :/

Yeah live tweeting episode is pretty bad. I've had to unfollow a few show twitter accounts because they blow up the east coast airing with a 100 tweets during their episode.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yeah, you should unfollow the page. It's generally going to be assumed in GoT-related communities (this thread is another example) that you're watching episodes as they air. I assume you weren't reading this thread in the meantime either, right? I sometimes end up not being able to watch the latest episode for a few days or up to a week, and I just bail from anything GoT-related until I get a chance to watch. It's a minor annoyance, but you won't get spoiled that way.

I'm surprised you haven't read the books. As an avid consumer of literature, I would have thought you read them a while ago.

Nameless

Ser Barristan - People all over Westeros have been blowing this guy for three seasons now and he hasn't swung a sword once. He needs to show why he's considered the GOAT swordsman at some point this season or I'm calling wolf tickets. The only reason I haven't already is because he threatened five Kingsguards and told Joffrey to go fuck himself without an ounce of fear or doubt or fucks given. Talk only goes so far though. Jorah, Daario, and Grey Worm have all put in work for the Dragon Queen. Selmy has the cleanest sword on whatever planet that is.

mm04

Ser Barristan - People all over Westeros have been blowing this guy for three seasons now and he hasn't swung a sword once. He needs to show why he's considered the GOAT swordsman at some point this season or I'm calling wolf tickets. The only reason I haven't already is because he threatened five Kingsguards and told Joffrey to go fuck himself without an ounce of fear or doubt or fucks given. Talk only goes so far though. Jorah, Daario, and Grey Worm have all put in work for the Dragon Queen. Selmy has the cleanest sword on whatever planet that is.

Agreed. I've been waiting for him to tashitup for ages. Right now, he's the swordsman equivalent of Gilderoy Lockhart until we see some action.

Ser Barristan Selmy is legit, at least legit enough to make Tywin agreed to let Jaime to squire for him, and Jaime was also very good with a sword. Anyway, there's very little detail about his past in the shows.

Nameless

Agreed. I've been waiting for him to tashitup for ages. Right now, he's the swordsman equivalent of Gilderoy Lockhart until we see some action.

I'm sure he was a slayer back in the day but time is undefeated.

Best living swordsmen from the show.

1. The Hound
2. Ser Bronn
3. Brienne
4. Jorah
5. Jon Snow

Honorable mention:

Loris, Stannis, Jaime.

El Daniel

1. The Hound
2. Ser Bronn
3. Brienne
4. Jorah
5. Jon Snow

Honorable mention:

Loris, Stannis, Jaime.
Not anymore without his right hand, but Jaime was considered to be one of the best. Of all time.

Bo-Locks

1. The Hound
2. Ser Bronn
3. Brienne
4. Jorah
5. Jon Snow

Honorable mention:

Loris, Stannis, Jaime.

Maybe the Mountain. He hasn't featured in the show much but he seems to strike as much fear into people as Ser Barristan does awe, except he chopped a god damn horse in half in front of the King, so we know he's the real deal.

I also agree with you about Ser Barristan.

Nameless

Maybe the Mountain. He hasn't featured in the show much but he seems to strike as much fear into people as Ser Barristan does awe, except he chopped a god damn horse in half in front of the King, so we know he's the real deal.

I also agree with you about Ser Barristan.

Need to see more of a The Mountain. He hung with his brother step for step, and you do hear about him leaving destruction in his wake, but he also goes after women, children, and old people. Best guy we know of him beating is Beric who's no slouch even though he's lost at least six teams. They wouldn't have recast Ser Gregor if he wasn't going to show up, obviously, so we'll see what he does then.

I'm hoping he bumps into The Hound. Those were The Mountain's men he and Arya killed. If he goes to that tavern the old man will tell him what happened. My money is on Sandor, especially since he's gotten his protein.

solarus

I bet on shae not having left and instead she was taken to tywin's tower and will be executed. It was just too odd for us not to see her actually leave, I love Bronn but he always made it clear he works for the highest bidder.

I bet on shae not having left and instead she was taken to tywin's tower and will be executed. It was just too odd for us not to see her actually leave, I love Bronn but he always made it clear he works for the highest bidder.

That would be awful. Has Bronn ever done anything for Tyrion that wasn't motivated by profit?

1. The Hound
2. Ser Bronn
3. Brienne
4. Jorah
5. Jon Snow

Honorable mention:

Loris, Stannis, Jaime.

We haven't seen enough of him fighting to be sure, but Daario has to be better than some of those guys.

desh

Yeah, you should unfollow the page. It's generally going to be assumed in GoT-related communities (this thread is another example) that you're watching episodes as they air. I assume you weren't reading this thread in the meantime either, right? I sometimes end up not being able to watch the latest episode for a few days or up to a week, and I just bail from anything GoT-related until I get a chance to watch. It's a minor annoyance, but you won't get spoiled that way.

I'm surprised you haven't read the books. As an avid consumer of literature, I would have thought you read them a while ago.
Yeah, I found this quite surprising as well, especially considering he made it through Wheel of Time.

I've read my fair share of Epic Fantasy series: Wheel of Time, Sword of Truth (ugh), and ASOIAF. Not sure if I want to start another one, Malazan Book of the Fallen, maybe?

Nameless

Jorah and Jon are not as good as you think, Stannis is a battle proven commander, not a fighter, plus we've only seen him fight once against regular infantry. Loras is actually pretty good, he's not just famous for his face, according to the show wiki, he has beaten Jaime before.

I would say all of the Kingsguards can beat Jon and Jorah.

Stannis led the land siege of King's Landing like he was friggin Achilles. He looked damn near unstoppable.

Game-of-Thrones-gifi-19.gif

Jorah has been impressive against everyone, from Dothraki to those Dynasty Warriors enemies last season. He's definitely one of the best fighters we've seen. And beyond that, he was did enough during the Siege of Pyke to get nighted on the spot.

Trained by Ser Rodrik and Ned Stark I'd definitely take Jon Snow over Ser Meryn or any other Kingsguard.

SeanR1221

I sort of figured it was more subtly implied.

1. The Hound
2. Ser Bronn
3. Brienne
4. Jorah
5. Jon Snow

Honorable mention:

Loris, Stannis, Jaime.

Jon Snow over Loris? No mention of the mountain?

Jorah fedora?!

Come on, son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom