• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man, I want them to do it.

Maybe now with the success of the show they'd reconsider but I doubt it. I'd love them to do an open world Harry Potter game too.

I wonder how the game would have been received considering it may have released around the time the first season did. At that time the shows popularity was pretty small compared to what it turned into the next couple of years.

The GoT game from Cyanide wasn't that bad, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit but it could have been so much better.

CDPR could probably do a great job since they're better at making darker story driven games. As much as I love ES, Bethesdas games are pretty light hearted, too much for the GoT universe in my opinion but it would still be amazing.

Nerokis

And the Oberyn fight, which was amazing as well, was just one season ago...

What happened?

This isn't the first poorly choreographed fight. Ramsay vs. Theon's sister was laughable, Jon's raid to avenge Mormont was mediocre, and so on. It happens. It just so happens some people aren't digging this season, so some are inflating a disappointing fight scene with an overall dip in quality. Everything about Dorne has constituted a low point, so I guess it's not surprising a low stakes fight there followed the trend.

mujun

It was Jaime's idea to go to Dorne.

After she brought it up as an obvious way to get him out of King's Landing. That's if I recall correctly.

From my hazy memory Cersei brought up the situation of her kids, dead, married to rival, in Dorne, etc.

Jaime offered to do something about the one in Dorne.

Cersei looked all sly and said sure, you could do something about that problem. Go and rescue her!

Fucking Reek just man up and start paying your debt.

I'm in the minority (I think) in that I've enjoyed all the seasons equally. And, while the choreography was kinda sucky, I also generally enjoyed this episode as well. But man was that ending depressing. Of all the episodes in the series I think this one bummed me out the most. More than the Ned Stark's execution, more than Oberyn's fight with the Mountain, more than the Red Wedding... I honestly thought Reek would grow a backbone and kill Ramsey while was in the act and was angry when he didn't. I really hope Ramsey gets killed soon. He's my most hated character at the moment and Cersei's hate stock is going up for me as well...

Everything in Dorne is basically falling flat with me. This subplot is really tiresome and full of characters that seemingly have little to no personality.

I'm really surprised at the sudden vitriol for Ramsay. It's not like we're unfamiliar with who he is at this point: we've seen him hunt and kill women with packs of dogs, murder people, flay and castrate Theon...and suddenly an off-screen sexual assault is a surprise? He's basically Joffrey but not afraid of his sexuality.

Beyond that, I still don't understand half of the most important characters motivations.

Why does Tyrion want to help the mother of dragons?

He's not the one who wants to help her. Varys is the one with that goal in mind.

Vire said:
Why would Sansa agree to marry into the family who murdered her mother and brother?

What makes you think Sansa wanted to marry Ramsay? She's a prisoner in everything but name. This is the house with flayed men on the banner: what do you think they would do to a woman who refused them?

Vire said:
Why does Jorah think that returning Tyrion to Dany will earn him favor?

Daenyrys hates the Lannister family and Tyrion is a Lannister. It doesn't have to make much rational sense: Jorah is desperate and this is his only hope as he sees it.

Vire said:
Why does Dany and Cersei repeatedly make incredibly obvious and stupid mistakes in playing the "game"?

Daenyrys is a fledgling queen who doesn't understand how to rule yet and Cersei is a cruel, narcissistic drunk who is the head of a universally reviled house with withering influence. Neither one of them is suitable to be a queen, though Daenyrys has the potential to learn.

Saw the episode earlier tonight. Go Ramsey!!! it was so cool seen Theon suffer, this has to be the best torture so far. It's totally going to bite him in the ass though, since Ramsey fucked *literally* with a beloved character.

Still holding out hope that the last few episode ramp up the stakes for some of the less interesting plotlines. I've lost most hope for the Dorne plotline, but if the Sansa stuff goes somewhere it might be able to at least somewhat redeem last night.

MikeyB

There was a real opportunity to unite the diverse stories by drawing parallels to similarly motivated character. Contrast Stannis with Daenerys because of their different competencies and interest on the iron throne; Sansa and Arya with their different approaches to revenge; Jon and Brienne for duty.

If they'd done that and doubled up the pace, this season could be epic. Despite my whining, I like what is happening... But...I'm not enjoying how it is being shown.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
After she brought it up as an obvious way to get him out of King's Landing. That's if I recall correctly.

From my hazy memory Cersei brought up the situation of her kids, dead, married to rival, in Dorne, etc.

Jaime offered to do something about the one in Dorne.

Cersei looked all sly and said sure, you could do something about that problem. Go and rescue her!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsPh0ZuALR8

That's not how I read the scene.

"You're going to Dorne. A one handed man, alone"

She even made fun of his stupid plan.

Sober

Apparently they had little time to shoot at this location but still...even as I watched it the first time I noticed it instantly. That was their best shot?
If that's true then that plus probably using whips in the choreography probably didn't help matters.

Tainted

Goddammitt ... that sinking feeling after you've read the last few posts of the book thread thinking you were in this one :( :( :(

YEAH RAMSEY, RAPE HER GOOD!!

?

Jaime raped his sister in from of his incestuous child's fresh corpse and nobody cared, Ramsey is having sex with his wife on his honeymoon.

It's not good sex, or loving sex but Sansa is allowing it to happen. Consuming the marriage, was a necessary evil for Sansa, now she will be in a better position, as the wife of the future to be Wander of the North. A Stark is once again in a position of power in Winterfell.

Goddammitt ... that sinking feeling after you've read the last few posts of the book thread thinking you were in this one :( :( :(

Subscribe to this thread and only access it through the subscriptions menu. It's the best way.

Jaime raped his sister in from of his incestuous child's fresh corpse and nobody cared, Ramsey is having sex with his wife on his honeymoon.

It's not good sex, or loving sex but Sansa is allowing it to happen. Consuming the marriage, was a necessary evil for Sansa, now she will be in a better position, as the wife of the future to be Wander of the North. A Stark is once again in a position of power in Winterfell.

Well that's...an interesting take on the scene.

Saw the episode earlier tonight. Go Ramsey!!!

tumblr_n1albcqLHi1sgv55fo1_400.gif

N8JPy2i.gif

Do you think rape can't happen in a marriage? Wow

As for Jaime, no one in this forum came in and said YEA GO JAIME!! when he was raping his sister.

Nameless

Clearly Cersei was swayed by a combination of hatred for the Tyrells and her own diminishing relevance, but there's an argument to be made for trying to get out in front of the High Sparrow's cleansing of King's Landing. Unless he's been living under a rock and/or never speaks to his minion Lancel he's known about her sins long before coming to the capital -- the entire country does. Cersei isn't oblivious to all this. Part of what's she's doing is making her self more valuable as an ally than an enemy. Yeah, it'll probably backfire, but the rationale is sound.

Do you think rape can't happen in a marriage? Wow

As for Jaime, no one in this forum came in and said YEA GO JAIME!! when he was raping his sister.

woah woah woah, let's back down a little. I'm not saying that.

Sansa having sex with Ramsey is just something that needed to happen for political reasons. A necessary evil, I'm cheering on the fact that he made Theon watch, as Theon is by far my most hated character.

Edit: Cersei must have an ulterior plan, for giving power to religious fanatics. I can't imagine littlefinger being happy about having his main source of income taken down and God knows what worse thing happened to his employees.

trips

Neo Member

Hahahahaha yes, absolutely no one cared about that Jamie/Cersei rape scene, you're so right, no one raised a peep about that! How sad is it though that after the rape of a major female character people can go "but the last rape of a major female character was way worse!!".

Plenty of people cared, there was a big shitstorm about it too. And are you implying that being married somehow changes the fact that it was rape?

It's not good sex, or loving sex but Sansa is allowing it to happen.

Uh, it was pretty clear that she didn't want it. Hence it was "rape". Not only that, but it's pretty clear that Ramsey had much worse in store if she openly resisted, so it was definitely forced.

Am I really the only Ramsey fan in here?

Hahahahaha yes, absolutely no one cared about that Jamie/Cersei rape scene, you're so right, no one raised a peep about that!

I was the one that was like WTF at the scene. People just said, that in the book was consensual but came out much more rapey in the show for some reason. It was just a minor part of the episode.
I don't understand, did nobody expected Ramsey to have Sex with Sansa?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Beyond that, I still don't understand half of the most important characters motivations.

Why would Sansa agree to marry into the family who murdered her mother and brother?

Why does Dany and Cersei repeatedly make incredibly obvious and stupid mistakes in playing the "game"?

Mostly everything in the show feels like some sort of contrivance to bring in the major characters all together on screen at once. I'd love for someone to try and break down my questions with reasonable answers. I'd be more than happy to listen.

Yeah, it's just so disjointed and it feels like i doesn't have the tightness of GRR's story. I haven't read the books, but out of all the seasons, this one has to be the most odd.

I've found the writing, choreography, general direction of the narrative and some of scenes rather stupid of late. The whole religious fanatics getting to ultimate power so quickly, and to the extent that the King's own army seems to be missing, the King's complete ineptitude, the awful Sand Snakes, the idiocy of Jaime's mission and the way it was all shown. Honestly feels like the series is sort of going to shit. No idea if GRM or the shows writers are to blame, as I have not read the books.

Same. Why are the fucking Sparrows so powerful all of a sudden? Don't tell me Cersei is relying on her religious cult/militia to control King's Landing.

Jaime's great plan is to go in Dorne with a two-man team and he's one of them? If I was that influential, I'd have a team of three or four of well trained pirates/assassin's that can and will do this quest of mine without implicating me in anyway. I mean, going to war for just one person is never a good thing, right?

What's Jorah's explanation for bringing Tyrion to Dany? She'll use the magical dwarf cock to tame her dragons or something? I wasn't sure if that wasn't explained properly or I was listening...seems I'm not the only one who's asking this.

Regarding Sansa, don't tell me Baelish didn't know about Ramsey's violent nature? I gather, his birds must have told him that scrap of info, no? Sure, she might think of her as just a pawn (contrary to what she's saying/doing to Sansa) but even so, she can't possibly account or predict what a psychopath like Ramsey will do.

Just so many variables that are left in the air. Stories unresolved, set pieces losing their impact compared to previous seasons and most of all -- IT"S FUCKING SLOW! They should rename it Slow Game of Thrones or something. Clearly, the story is suffering due to GRR not having enough material left for them to cover. Yes, I know GRR told them what's going to be his end game, but it seems the writers/showrunners are fucking up on the way there.

I was the one that was like WTF at the scene. People just said, that in the book was consensual but came out much more rapey in the show for some reason. It was just a minor part of the episode. I don't understand, did nobody expected Ramsey to have Sex with Sansa?

I'm a fan of his monstrosity and what he offers to the story, but I hope he dies a death that amounts to the pain he has caused to everyone he has killed.

I think Lilith was a huge Ramsey fan, but she's off in banned land for god knows how long so you may be sitting alone on that fandom train.

woah woah woah, let's back down a little. I'm not saying that.

Sansa having sex with Ramsey is just something that needed to happen for political reasons. A necessary evil, I'm cheering on the fact that he made Theon watch, as Theon is by far my most hated character.
Clearing it up by saying you enjoyed the scene of Ramsey raping his wife infront of her brother doesn't make your post any better. I agree that Littlefinger's plan allows Sansa to become the Wardeness, but I see absolutely no point in cheering Ramsey like you just did after the latest episode. It made me almost throw up.
Khal Drogo raped Daenyrys after their wedding in the first episode of the series. It's not exactly unfamiliar territory with this show.
And no one cheered Khal Drogo with "Go Khal Drogo!!" post.

Volimar

I think we all expected Ramsey to attempt it, but we were hoping for some sort of reprieve for Sansa, preferably in the form of a dagger in Ramsey's back.

I'm a fan of his monstrosity and what he offers to the story, but I hope he dies a death that amounts to the pain he has caused to everyone he has killed.

I think Lilith was a huge Ramsey fan, but she's off in banned land for god knows how long so you may be sitting alone on that fandom train.

I doubt Lilith would be onboard the rape train.

Prine

Banned
Starks are literally getting fucked. But i have a feeling the Boltons are going to get their northern arses kicked by Stannis/Lanisters, its only a matter of time. Roose has lost all credibility after killing his own King, no one will trust him. Fuck Ramsey, im still waiting for Stark vengence.

And what is little finger up to, Warden of the North by handing Sansa? I doubt hed give her up.

And finally, Sansa, after all the shit thats happened to her since leaving Winterfell, shes back and shes slightly more attuned to the game around her by hushing Ramseys mistress. But life is torture, if she survives, i feel she'll become a lot like Cerci, damaged by men but patient enough to understand and play the game.

So how does one become a dwarf cock merchant? If it passed down, "My father and his father peddled dwarf cock." What "benefits" are found in dwarf cock? How is it applied? Powdered dwarf cock, dwarf cock jerky, pickled dwarf cock? Does dwarf cock have a shelf life, or is it nonperishable?

I think we all expected Ramsey to attempt it, but we were hoping for some sort of reprieve for Sansa, preferably in the form of a dagger in Ramsey's back.

I doubt Lilith would be onboard the rape train.

Obviously not, but she basically hates all the good guys in the show from what I could tell.

Boltons are going to get their teeth kicked in, one way or another, no way they are going to last the season with two possible armies knocking on their door.

In a genuine, not "this guy's a dick but he's a really cool dick" way? Probably.

I don't understand, did nobody expected Ramsey to have Sex with Sansa?

I actually thought they were going to try and pull a fake out to demonstrate how Sansa's character had grown. I thought that going to rape would be "too" predictable and kinda boring in comparison.

But regardless if anybody expected it or not, it's still rape. Not sure why you're trying to argue against that.

Volimar

So how does one become a dwarf cock merchant? If it passed down, "My father and his father peddled dwarf cock." What "benefits" are found in dwarf cock? How is it applied? Powdered dwarf cock, dwarf cock jerky, pickled dwarf cock? Does dwarf cock have a shelf life, or is it nonperishable?

To think all those dwarves that were killed in the hunt for Tyrion. Those fools could have been rich if they knew a decent cock merchant.

Money.

Dwarf cock sells for a big price and hence can be seen as a lucrative black market merchandise.

I guess is like Chinese Medicine, apply it in pretty much anyway you can. Soup, Tea, grind it into dust. Is kind of funny how Tyrion is always saying that sucking his Cock brings luck as kind of a rebuttal to some Dwarfs comments, seems like it might has stuck.

Tyrion is a less interesting character this season though.

Nameless

I didn't know I missed Tyrion bragging about the size of his johnson until last night. Weird.

Prine

Banned
Obviously not, but she basically hates all the good guys in the show from what I could tell.

Boltons are going to get their teeth kicked in, one way or another, no way they are going to last the season with two possible armies knocking on their door.

Indeed. Cerci cutting ties, Nothern realms hating him, Stannis and his mighy army - they only have the Freys who are insignificant but control a strategic crossing. Not looking good for Roose.

Indeed. Cerci cutting ties, Nothern realms hating him, Stannis and his mighy army - they only have the Freys who are insignificant but control a strategic crossing. Not looking good for Roose.

Bolton is screwed, his only allies will never save him. Stannis is coming there in droves (heck Jon Snow might even bring thousands of wildlings) and the Bolton's have a very small army but some strategy position. Making a deal with Littlefinger only served to put a Stark in Power now.

Also what game is Littlefinger playing? Dude seems like 20 steps ahead of everybody else.

trips

Neo Member

Cersei has always been a complete idiot. But otherwise I agree. Other things I don't understand:

Why exactly do the sand snakes want revenge for Oberyn's death? They keep saying they do but he died fairly in a trial-by-combat, and that wasn't even the Lannisters' fault?

Did Littlefinger seriously not do any research into who he was marrying Sansa off to? And if he did why does he think she'll be his pawn after he got her raped by a psychopath?

I don't understand how the religious freaks got so powerful so quickly. It seems like they came out of nowhere, and I just don't buy them exerting this power over the Tyrell's, who have been shown to be beloved as well as powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom