• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Yeah they really need Dany to grow this season. I am tired of her how she is portrayed. That scene with her running from the two dragons she chained up was stupid. Hell, chaining them up was stupid and out of character.

One of her titles is the Breaker Of Chains, not Chain Whom She Pleases. I don't get why they made her make such stupid mistakes for no reason. "Oh no the one dragon that has always given me trouble is giving me more trouble, I better chain up the two good dragons just in case" wtf? What kind of train of thought is that?

What kind of train of thought is assuming the other two dragons are "good" because they hadn't killed any innocents yet? It's a lot more likely they were just less developed than Drogon.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Actually, it's less this, and more not being able to jump into conversations.

Like every conversation revolved around, "this didn't happen / OMG is this what I think it is? / etc etc". There was nowhere for me to jump in. Even when I would bring up something related to the show, basically it was like telling me to shut the fuck up when it went back into book talk.

If someone actually mentioned something that did happen in the near future, I'm not the type that would be that broken up by it. Just as a gathered viewing type scenario, it's awful.

That sounds awful. With our friends who have not read the books we carefully ask them first what they think will happen. Then we talk about it because it's interesting to see where people think it will go vs. where it will actually go. People are so much more optimistic about some things and totally in the dark about others that have been hinted at for a while. Then again our friends don't care much for minor spoilers for the future when we discuss so it's not as big a deal.

Edwardo

My cousin-in-law likes to hear to my ideas of what's going to happen next. I hate the little smirk on his face when i'm coming up with theories.

Nameless

Not sure if mentioned, but apparently there are a bunch of screenshots floating around Tumblr from leaked episodes, so I'd avoid image searches and be especially careful on social media for the next few weeks.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Not sure if mentioned, but apparently there are a bunch of screenshots floating around Tumblr from leaked episodes, so I'd avoid image searches and be especially careful on social media for the next few weeks.
I avoid Tumblr and Imgur like the plague until I'm fully caught up. Too many harrowing memories from previous seasons.

this_guy

Those dragons are like pitbulls. Train them and you have a great ally, but lock them up and they'll be hostile. Plus the mother of dragons might be immune to fire, but those dragons can still bite her in half.

Volimar

So Drogon is pretty much the top of the food chain, right? I can't think of anything that is a threat against him. I suppose a prepared army would be able to eventually take him down, but dude can BBQ the white walkers from the air if he wanted to.

I wonder how pissed the red witch is that Jon shot Mance. The king beyond the wall would have been a pretty good sacrifice for the Lord of light.

Griss

So Drogon is pretty much the top of the food chain, right? I can't think of anything that is a threat against him. I suppose a prepared army would be able to eventually take him down, but dude can BBQ the white walkers from the air if he wanted to.

I wonder how pissed the red witch is that Jon shot Mance. The king beyond the wall would have been a pretty good sacrifice for the Lord of light.

You can't think of a threat only because we don't know anything about him, or dragons in general. How hard and unpiercable are their scales? Are they fully fire-resistant? What about water? How do they perform in sub-zero temperatures (where they will surely be needed at some point). How much fire can they breath at a given time? What's their stamina like - how often do they need to rest? Do they sleep? Can they be captured while asleep? They can obviously be chained once captured, after all.

It's entirely possible that the dragons are nowhere near the unstoppable force they are seen to be. Remember, the white walkers and wights seemed damn near invincible until someone discovered that buried black glass (or whatever it was).

Stannis is the one true king. All heathens will see the light.

11102693_10153263536295799_2264641665134180627_n.jpg

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I hope it was Tyrion. Jon Snow is too righteous to function as king, Daenerys is proving she has the tact and subtlety of a spoon, Stannis is a religious nutjob; really, most of the potential candidates are just terrible. I'd actually rather Tommen than most of them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stannis is that motherfucker. Throne oughtta be his...

I hope it was Tyrion. Jon Snow is too righteous to function as king, Daenerys is proving she has the tact and subtlety of a spoon, Stannis is a religious nutjob; really, most of the potential candidates are just terrible. I'd actually rather Tommen than most of them.

Stannis is more or less using Melisandre to further his ends, he doesn't give a shit about religion. As seen by leaving her out at Blackwater (which backfired tbf). He just can't exactly deny her power after what happened to Renly.

I think it's folly to say anyone would be perfect for the role of king. Everyone has flaws and shortcomings. That's part of why the small council exists.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Stannis is more or less using Melisandre to further his ends, he doesn't give a shit about religion. As seen by leaving her out at Blackwater (which backfired tbf). He just can't exactly deny her power after what happened to Renly.

I don't believe this. I'm fairly sure Stannis has a deeper conviction in Melisandre, especially after Blackwater.

aravuus

Stannis is a religious nutjob

Dunno man, seems to me more like Stannis is barely tolerating Melisandre in some cases just cause he knows she's powerful and he probably needs her and the god of light's strength.

If Stannis ever got the throne, I could see him doing some pretty efficient house cleaning. In fact, I wish he gets the throne just to see what happens.

Ferrio

Banned

Stannis doesn't seem to be a religious nutjob, just using religious nutjobs. Now his wife on the other hand...she's had a bit too much koolaid.

Vashetti

Banned
The most popular choice was, "What's the Iron Throne?" Though the other options were Dany, Anyone from house Stark and Jon Snow. Out of those Daenerys had the most. It was a chemistry class and my professor didn't even say Fe Throne, opportunity missed.

How did Bran, Sansa and Arya do?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Lol, show's been hinting at 'Mad Queen Dany' for two seasons now. S5 doesn't seem to be bucking that trend.

She's far from a 'nice' person.

When you compare her to the likes of Boltons, Walder Frey, Baelon Greyjoy, Cersei, Joffrey and Tywin Lannister and a few others... yeah, she does seem nice, considering the most cruel thing she's done is killing slavers which is somewhat understandable.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You wouldn't get him though would you, you'd get whoever was whispering in his ear and saying nice things about ser pounce.

...which is Margary, who to be entirely honest also seems a better candidate than any of Dany, Stan, or Jon.

I forgot, have we learned any specific details about what made the Mad King Ayres to be considered Mad?

Burned people alive (including Ned Starks brother and father) and ordered wildfire to be stuffed around King's Landing. When he wanted the city to be set on fire Jaime killed him.

televator

She's eyeing him up like candy. I don't think she can be mad at him. Aside from how important Baratheon blood is to the lord of light I suspect she can just plain smell how particularly interesting Jon's blood may be.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

Feel the same way. Although I can't see Tyrion nor Jon for that matter wanting that responsibility.
I hope Jon doesn't get caught up with red witch. I was screaming internally for Jon to run when they were in the elevator.

Beloved

Feel the same way. Although I can't see Tyrion nor Jon for that matter wanting that responsibility.
I hope Jon doesn't get caught up with red witch. I was screaming internally for Jon to run when they were in the elevator.

Melisandre is such a troublesome, troublesome woman.

Is the black dragon also locked up?

I forget her name, "Daeryn"(?), but the mother of dragons is not looking as fit to be a ruler as before .She seems too emotional - she fired a great advisor, she's being influenced by a guy who knows how to charm powerful people ; And she's sleeping with him!

I feel like this season is going to be slow in terms the advancement of the plot. From the trailer to the way the first episode played out.

Is the black dragon also locked up?

I forget her name, "Daeryn"(?), but the mother of dragons is not looking as fit to be a ruler as before .She seems too emotional - she fired a great advisor, she's being influenced by a guy who knows how to charm powerful people ; And she's sleeping with him!

I feel like this season is going to be slow in terms the advancement of the plot. From the trailer to the way the first episode played out.

Nope, he's fucking shit up doing his thang

I expect some of this season to be a little slower when compared to the last season. Season 4 and 3 were the culmination of many plot threads and story arcs. I think we are getting a soft reset with things for now and building it up again.

Valus

What kind of train of thought is assuming the other two dragons are "good" because they hadn't killed any innocents yet? It's a lot more likely they were just less developed than Drogon.

You're kidding right? Drogon was always a trouble maker, ever since like season 2. The other two dragons never did anything to show that they would end up like him. Nothing at all.

You're a new dog owner, and you have three dogs. One is obviously roudier and more aggressive than the others, and even attacks a child, so you have to put it down. You're saying it makes sense to put down the other two as well simply because they are dogs and they might end up like the aggressive one, despite showing zero signs of it.

Get out of here with that nonsense.

You're kidding right? Drogon was always a trouble maker, ever since like season 2. The other two dragons never did anything to show that they would end up like him. Nothing at all.

You're a new dog owner, and you have three dogs. One is obviously roudier and more aggressive than the others, and even attacks a child, so you have to put it down. You're saying it makes sense to put down the other two as well simply because they are dogs and they might end up like the aggressive one, despite showing zero signs of it.

Get out of here with that nonsense.

image.php

Beloved

Melisandre is holy woman spreading the warmth of God throughout a country in desperate need of His divine Light & guidance. Show some respect.

Are you Stannis?

Also as far as this season goes, I think the things I'm looking forward to seeing more of the most are Varys/Tyrion adventures and Arya at the House of Black and White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom