• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limit

Made no goddamn sense. Unless the Sons of the Harpy are a way bigger force than shown onscreen, I have no idea how untrained shitheads could mow down unsullied like that.

I always had the impression that unsullied were trained to follow commands. As in, they are not trained to think for themselves when thrown in an unforseen situation. So without a commander around they are easy to trap and murder.

Captain.Falafel

Neo Member
Damn, I'm not one to hate but that was kind of underwhelming. Each episode feels like a setup up to this point. I have faith that shit is going to hit the fan all sorts of ways soon though.

todd360

I always had the impression that unsullied were trained to follow commands. As in, they are not trained to think for themselves when thrown in an unforseen situation. So without a commander around they are easy to trap and murder.

They were trained to be an elite fighting force. They should still be resourceful in a bad situation. Plus they had young Obama with them who seems to lead well.

Man shit is going down.

The Sparrow thugs scene was awesome, chilling, but well done.

Loved the scene with Stannis and Shireen. Just makes me thing something bad is going to happen to one of them now. :(

Taking out Barristan makes sense, especially with Jorah and Tyrion coming.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ser Barristan! Nooooooooooo I loved him dearly

Surely Grey Worm has to still be alive. Not so sure about Barristan though.

Good episode I thought, really ramped up toward the end obviously. Latter half of the season is going to be insane I think. So much stuff is on the brink of popping off at this point.

munchie64

(No actual preview spoilers, just a warning on its content) The preview shows
Selmy's fate (lives or dies) if you guys want to know/not know.

Nameless

The Harpies lured spear users to tight quarters where they'd be less effective, then swarmed them with knives... brilliant move.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stannis continues to cement his position in being the best person on the planet.

Felt like another filler episode to be honest. Makes it even worse that they leave us with unsullied + the mighty and much talked about Ser Barristan getting handled by a bunch of fanatics.

Made no goddamn sense. Unless the Sons of the Harpy are a way bigger force than shown onscreen, I have no idea how untrained shitheads could mow down unsullied like that.

I know, it was almost like they were regular henchmen, this whole time I've assumed the Unsullied were some of the best fighters.

Sir Barristan is one of the greatest swordsman in Westeros.

He's not just some old man.

I know, my point being is that the unsullied are supposed to be bred to fight. Like it or not, he is old and guaranteed not as good a fighter as he was when he was younger. Other than Grey Worm they should have been able to put up a good fight, instead they got torn apart.

Rootbeer

Banned
Tommen has an excuse, he's like 14-15 in-show, and never properly groomed to lead as he's the youngest brother. He's also being undermined from all angles and has no council.
Very much so, I wish more people saw Tommen as a sympathetic character, because he is. He's been placed in a horrible position and nobody is really interested in helping him be a great king, they only see him as a stepping stone to their own ends. He sure as hell isn't the most rightful king based on what the audience knows, but he doesn't know any better and is doing what he feels is his duty. When/if he finally falls it will be a tragic death.

Road

Season 5 trailers spoilers
I remember a scene where Grey Worm and Misandei were kissing? So he's obviously not dead... or maybe he is and they planned to fool us with the trailer.

Very convenient for Friendzone, though.

Anyway, episode 3 should have been episode 1 and today should have been 2. Season would have been much stronger. And Dorne should have died with Oberyn, yes.

What is the evidence for this? Like seriously, what evidence?

Sounds like a fan theory to me. Nothing from the show could lead you to that conclusion.

Maybe he's one of the people who pretend to have not read the things, but today's episode seemed to focus on Lyana and Rhaegar, Jon Snow and royal bloodlines. I hope he's not a Targaryan, though, that'd be lame.

Maxim726X

Was that Barristan's corpse in the fucking preview??
First time we see him do anything and this is what happens? Bullshit

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I'll always have Barristan dressing down Joffrey. That shit was so good.

Meowster

I remember thinking Cersei was so smart and cunning in the first season and now, every season afterwords, she just reveals how shallow and dumb she is time after time.

Kusagari

Cersei's stupid power play with the religious cult is going to end up completely fucking her and probably getting Tommen killed.

She's so dumb.

Griss

Very much so, I wish more people saw Tommen as a sympathetic character, because he is. He's been placed in a horrible position and nobody is really interested in helping him be a great king, they only see him as a stepping stone to their own ends. He sure as hell isn't the most rightful king based on what the audience knows, but he doesn't know any better and is doing what he feels is his duty. When/if he finally falls it will be a tragic death.

He could have been a fantastic king with Jaime or Tywin's guidance. They'd let him know when it is absolutely necessary to be hard but his natural instinct would be mercy. But of course he's going to die. Probably killed by the Tyrells for not being effective enough or by the Sparrows for being the product of incest. Or
mauled to death by Ser Pounce.

Cersei's stupid power play with the religious cult is going to end up completely fucking her and probably getting Tommen killed.

She's so dumb.

Yep. It's amazing to me how many people don't realise that Cersei is SUPPOSED to be stupid. She a moron who thinks way, way higher of herself than she should. He just assumes she has her father's gift for politics but she absolutely does not, and her paranoia drives her to make insane mistakes. She's an evil buffoon.

Wait, did you miss the bit where Cercei is bascially turning herself into a dictator?

No, I did. It's been in almost every episode so far this season. Tommen is a child, Margaery is manipulative and Cersei is power hungry. I get it. To be fair tho, Loras getting jailed was a sequence where something actually happened.

First time we see him do anything and this is what happens? Bullshit

I felt like I saw this coming for seasons now. With all they talked his fighting prowess up, the character is old and I couldn't see the actor moving like Khal Drogo unless they used a double Saruman style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom