• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamefront.de (via V-Jump) : New Kingdom Hearts.

Whatever the next game(s) are, it isn't going to be KH3. Nomura has stated this as fact. This game must be set before the events in COM since all of the XIII still seem to be alive.

angelfly

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Yeah, the probabilities that it is for PSP are low. Instead, I would say Wii or PS2.

I'm leaning more toward Wii since I don't think SE are planning anymore PS2 KH games and if they were they'd probably come straight out and announce it and not be so secretive.

jarrod said:
I think we're going to get a new PS2 game from the Musashi team, a PSP port of KH1 from some of Nomura's interns and a DS COM sequel from Jupiter.
Yeah I think you're onto something here. Nomura probably wants to reuse that Crisis Core engine again and also push the PS2 for a little longer if he could. The KH games were incredible looking for the hardware. I'm not sure if he would have any good ideas on how to use the Wii Remote though and wouldn't make any plans for it right now.

This scan could easily be pointing at any of the 3 consoles (Wii, PSP, PS2) though. Not enough info right now to say anything conclusive.

EphemeralDream said:
This scan could easily be pointing at any of the 3 consoles (Wii, PSP, DS) though. Not enough info right now to say anything conclusive.

If that's a DS scan then Square Enix has the best graphics developers ever.

Threi

notag
For clarification, i was just wondering why the guy listed everything EXCEPT improved gameplay as reasons for wanting it on PS3.

And he said that he felt it was too obvious to mention.

That's all =)

It has nothing to do with the "Wii offers superior gameplay through teh waggle!"

jarrod

Banned
TheJollyCorner said:
yeah, you've been saying "everything for Wii" for months now. We know.
But he's saying "Wii or PS2"... which would be a whole lot closer than your own endless chants of "KH PS3". ;)

Threi said:
For clarification, i was just wondering why the guy listed everything EXCEPT improved gameplay as reasons for wanting it on PS3.

And he said that he felt it was too obvious to mention.

That's all =)

It has nothing to do with the "Wii offers superior gameplay through teh waggle!"
Okay. But are you insinuating that KH has bad gameplay? *evil glare*

TheJollyCorner said:
yeah, you've been saying "everything for Wii" for months now. We know.

I'm not that dumb. Logic says that Third Parties should follow the console that has the biggest userbase. Facts says otherwise and something tell me that this will not change anytime soon.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I'm not that dumb. Logic says that Third Parties should follow the console that has the biggest userbase. Facts says otherwise and something tell me that this will not change anytime soon.

Everything for PS2, then. I stand corrected. :D

felipeko

Why do people act like is Square who is in charge of chosing the machines to develop for?

As far as i know.. It's only Disney who can do that.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
That scan looks so much like a mockup to me. What boring shots to put in a magazine page.

Segata Sanshiro said:
This is a slightly worse world, but not one I am diametrically opposed to, either.

Best I can figure, the biggest sacrifice for me would be stuff like Team ICO games and DMC.

Which, while indeed a stabbing loss, isn't really that big a deal in the long run. :D

jarrod said:
Just pretend it's a handheld Saturn, the games already look like it anyway. :D
Ehn, I'm yet to see a game in 2D that's as impressive as Dragon Force, and yet to see a game in 3D that's as impressive as Panzer Dragoon Zwei, so in my books, it's still no Saturn.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Segata Sanshiro said:
Ehn, I'm yet to see a game in 2D that's as impressive as Dragon Force, and yet to see a game in 3D that's as impressive as Panzer Dragoon Zwei, so in my books, it's still no Saturn.

it's a flaturn

or a splaturn

jarrod

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
Outside the water effects, Phantom Hourglass shames Team Andromeda's efforts. Sad but true. :(

I'll give you Dragon Force though.

Hcoregamer00 said:
A port of Nights to the DS and the sequel to the Wii.
I think plenty of Saturn ports could work wonderfully on DS actually (Panzer 1-2, Grandia, Burning Rangers, Rayearth, VF Kids, Daytona CCE, etc, etc).

Pureauthor said:
Ooh, ooh, I just had an idea.

NiGHTS DS!
Here's how this works (because playing NiGHTS with a d-pad is awful):

Gameplay on top screen.
Stylus controls NiGHTS movement
L or R makes NiGHTS dash
d-pad directions or four-button layout for acrobatics

tah-dah.

kpop100 said:
:lol is there anything you are opposed to? Colecovision ftw?
Hmmm. Virtual Boy world would be pretty bad. Original Game Boy world kinda sucks. Anything prior to the 16bit consoles would be a pretty bad world, I guess.

That's about it. Best case scenario with a real system is PS2-world. Best case scenario with a make-believe system would be DS-and-PSP's monkey-sex-child.

edit: N64 world is pretty fucking bad too.

Eh...I don't know if I'm missing something here but are we sure those screens are from the new KH game? If that is the only scan from V-Jump it doesn't look like they are revealing it there. You know, a new KH would probably get 4-8 pages in V-Jump. Or SE is cockteasing again.

Top Bottom