• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamefront.de (via V-Jump) : New Kingdom Hearts.

Ananaz

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
If that is the only scan from V-Jump it doesn't look like they are revealing it there. You know, a new KH would probably get 4-8 pages in V-Jump. Or SE is cockteasing again.
That's right, these pics here are simply meant to be a small teaser for what will be announced at the TGS, just like those Star Ocean 4 shots released couple of weeks ago.

They aren't much, but at least the shots do pretty much confirm what Nomura already hinted at back when KH2 Final Mix was released: this new game is going to explain certain plot points that were not discussed in the past KH games, such as Mickeys adventures in the Realm of Darkness and how he acquired his keyblade, as well what Roxas was up to before he was captured by DiZ and Riku.

soco

hasn't the KH guy been talking about looking at the PSP for a new KH for a long time? i've seen at least 2 interviews where he's mentioned it.

Chris_C

Kingdom Hearts on PSP sounds like great fun, I never even finished the first one, but it was fun. I'd love more JRPG's on the handheld as I've just recently started getting into the genre.

duckroll

Okay here's my translation, I just got up:

- V Jump has the scoop on the new KH Project
- Those two pics represent the new game(s)
- The one with Sora and Mickey shows Mickey saying he's been here "on that day" before
- The one with Axel and Roxas shows them at the XIIIOrg chamber and "the one chosen by the keyblade" is mentioned
- These might not be the SAME game because....

- Not one game, but many
- Not a single platform but more than one
- No remakes, all new original stories
- Nomura confirms in his note that he's in discussions with Disney, so there WILL be Disney Worlds and it's not a S-E solo fanwank

- Full news at TGS, be there or be square!

traveler

Not Wario
duckroll said:

- The one with Sora and Mickey shows Mickey saying he's been here "on that day" before
- The one with Axel and Roxas shows them at the XIIIOrg chamber and "the one chosen by the keyblade" is mentioned

- Not one game, but many
- Nomura confirms in his note that he's in discussions with Disney, so there WILL be Disney Worlds and it's not a S-E solo fanwank

Intentional?

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
duckroll said:

- Not one game, but many

Maybe part of those rumors from the other day might be true :). It mentioned both Kingdom Hearts PSP and PS3. Now if PS3 FFVII is true as well....*drooool*.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Well, judging by the screens they elected to show..PSP, with either PS2, Wii, or both.

J-Rzez

Thunderbear said:
Maybe part of those rumors from the other day might be true :). It mentioned both Kingdom Hearts PSP and PS3. Now if PS3 FFVII is true as well....*drooool*.

If more FFXIII stuff is shown, SO4 is exclusive, KHIII for PS3, and, if by some stroke of luck FFVII is announced for PS3 as well, expect riots in the streets of all of Japan... And PS3 be declared absolute victor over there...

J-Rzez said:
If more FFXIII stuff is shown, SO4 is exclusive, KHIII for PS3, and, if by some stroke of luck FFVII is announced for PS3 as well, expect riots in the streets of all of Japan... And PS3 be declared absolute victor over there...
I love my PS3, but I can't see FFVIIR bumping the PS3 into first place. However, it would absolutely bring it to life and allow it to take second place worldwide easily - pretty much the ideal future due to all the PS360 crossplatform games, everyone wins except people who want to see one console or another fail.

ant1532

Banned
duckroll said:

- Not one game, but many

Oh. My. God.

Just saw thread. I love me some Kingdom Hearts! :D

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I just noticed that jupiter was credited on the scan... did anybody else catch that?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
schuelma said:
1up reporting PSP/DS games, and probably a look at the next true iteration, probably on PS3.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3162929

I have a feeling we may need to make an official thread for Wii owners to bitch about getting snubbed. :lol

Those who will be pissed at this news will just say that Square should start making "new games" because "no one wants to play their crap anymore", and let's not forget most of those actually never intended to play/buy the game to begin with; they just wanted to add a victory point on an imaginary console-war scoreboard. Sick of this shit, but I see it all the time (be it on English or French sites).

Ether_Snake said:
Those who will be pissed at this news will just say that Square should start making "new games" because "no one wants to play their crap anymore", and let's not forget most of those actually never intended to play/buy the game to begin with; they just wanted to add a victory point on an imaginary console-war scoreboard. Sick of this shit, but I see it all the time (be it on English or French sites).
Well, Square should start making new games. But w/e, bring on the Kingdom Hearts deluge...at least it's something from the Square side of SE that isn't Final f'ing Fantasy.

jj984jj

duckroll said:
Errrr what? :p
In the copyright at the bottom:

So they probably are making at least one of the games.

Edit: Added full scan with the copyright information.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Segata Sanshiro said:
Well, Square should start making new games. But w/e, bring on the Kingdom Hearts deluge...at least it's something from the Square side of SE that isn't Final f'ing Fantasy.

Except just like Capcom they don't have to, and if they did chances are they would end up economically bankrupt. People like the games, they buy them, etc.

Ether_Snake said:
Except just like Capcom they don't have to, and if they did chances are they would end up economically bankrupt. People like the games, they buy them, etc.
1) Capcom has more than two series to milk.
2) Capcom puts out new games outside those series all the time.

Square has become such a fucking shadow of their former selves, they're basically just a Final Fantasy farm and Nomura vanity project. Anyone that says Square is even half the company they were in the PSX/SNES era is blind.

duckroll

jj984jj said:
In the copyright at the bottom:

So they probably are making at least one of the games.

Edit: Added full scan with the copyright information.

The copyright is for CoM. Since there's a contest at the bottom that gives away KH1, KHCoM and KH2 as prizes.

Segata Sanshiro said:

...Careful what you wish for, Segata.

The copyright is for CoM. Since there's a contest at the bottom that gives away KH1, KHCoM and KH2 as prizes.

Talk about your booby prizes...

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
But does it really matter? It's just a name, unlike Capcom's games. A sequel to a Capcom game means it's going to be almost identical to the previous ones. FF games are always different from one another on various levels, and then the spin-offs are even more different. It doesn't trouble me really. Sure I'd like more original series, but then again I don't care because I still enjoy the games they make (and obviously a lot of people do, hence it gives them reason to keep making those games).

Plus in the end, you pick and choose what you like. You can't expect them to make as many games as they are making while making them all original titles. They have to produce a certain amount of games to generate revenue.

Ether_Snake said:
But does it really matter? It's just a name, unlike Capcom's games. A sequel to a Capcom game means it's going to be almost identical to the previous ones. FF games are always different from one another on various levels, and then the spin-offs are even more different. It doesn't trouble me really. Sure I'd like more original series, but then again I don't care because I still enjoy the games they make (and obviously a lot of people do, hence it gives them reason to keep making those games).

You'd have a point if a large percentage of those FF games weren't remakes and ports.

Ether_Snake said:

Plus in the end, you pick and choose what you like.
Well, I guess it doesn't matter to you, but I miss the Square that I bought more games for than I have fingers to count for the PSX, so it does matter to me. They've lost all of their dev teams aside from the mainline FF team and Nomura's team, they have no obvious fresh talent on the way, and most of what was good about them has left for greener pastures, not content to merely regurgitate the cash cow.

Square got strangled by Enix to almost the same level SEGA got strangled by Sammy.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Well, I guess it doesn't matter to you, but I miss the Square that I bought more games for than I have fingers to count for the PSX, so it does matter to me. They've lost all of their dev teams aside from the mainline FF team and Nomura's team, they have no obvious fresh talent on the way, and most of what was good about them has left for greener pastures, not content to merely regurgitate the cash cow.

Square got strangled by Enix to almost the same level SEGA got strangled by Sammy.

Enix had nothing to do with it.

jj984jj

wsippel said:
CoM was developed by Jupiter and is pictured/ mentioned in the article. Maybe that's why they are mentioned.
duckroll said:
Ah, right, they talk about CoM.

ethelred

Segata Sanshiro said:
1) Capcom has more than two series to milk.
2) Capcom puts out new games outside those series all the time.

Square has become such a fucking shadow of their former selves, they're basically just a Final Fantasy farm and Nomura vanity project. Anyone that says Square is even half the company they were in the PSX/SNES era is blind.

Agreed 100%. Square was at its absolute height on the psx, and the stuff they're doing now is nowhere even close to that level of consistent quality and innovation. And I think the people who slag on Capcom for, say, Megaman milking are trying pretty damned hard to ignore that every new gen, the bulk of Capcim's critical and commercial success comes from new IPs -- whether DMC, Onimusha, Okami, and Viewtiful Joe last gen, or Dead Rising, Lost Planet, and Treasure Island Z this one.

Segata Sanshiro said:
I'd like to believe that, but the Enix side of SE seems to have kept rolling along, business as usual.

Really? They seem to have forgotten a lot of IPs from the glory days too.

MercuryLS

Banned
neojubei said:
I miss Roxas and Axel, I am glad to see them in their own game, hopefully.

IF KHIII gets announced for the ps3, I'll give my ps3 a big hug.

What if it gets announced for the X360? :lol

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Segata Sanshiro said:

They have no fresh talent? This isn't like a sports team, for all the Nomuras there's a bunch of people we don't know of. Heck I work for one of the biggest developers/publishers out there and you'd be hard pressed to name me ONE person behind any of their games (and we're in the four digits at the studio I'm at alone). There are plenty of people out there that deserve FAR more credits than the David Jaffe/Cori Barlog/Tetsuya Nomura/Etc., but it's just a question of circumstances that we never end up hearing about them. So really we have no idea as far as "fresh new talent" is concerned. It's not like Square has a shrinking pool of employees. Nomura has been with Square for like 15 years now, but there's plenty of other people in the company we just don't hear about, especially if they are replacing people who left in the last three years or so.

And I look at my PS1 library: FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFT, Xenogears, Front Mission 3. I also had SaGa Frontier (total crap, sold that piece of shit, worst buy EVER). And that's all. The only thing I miss is Vagrant Story. Name me anything else they made during that time that was actually good and not FF-related? Considering the company now produces far more titles than in those days, it's only logical that the proportion of FF/DQ/KH games is still significant. Ooops, fact is FF+DQ+KH is already more than back in the PS1 days. Then add to this new series+old ones that used to get very little attention that are now coming back.

Just saying:)

EDIT: Plus I don't criticize Capcom at all. I think their business strategy is perfectly sound, just like Square's (altho Square needs to diversify in genre), and they produce great games. I'm just not gonna bash Square for making a bunch of FF/DQ/KH games.

exarkun

CrushDance said:
So:

Chain of memories 2: DS
Kingdom hearts prequel: PSP
Kingdom hearts(The next true one):pS3

Sounds right I think.

Fixed. and I will buy a PSP sadly at the end of this year since if this is true, I need FF7:CC and the kingdom heart prequel. I love the series.

Ether_Snake said:
They have no fresh talent? This isn't like a sports team, for all the Nomuras there's a bunch of people we don't know of. Heck I work for one of the biggest developers/publishers out there and you'd be hard pressed to name me ONE person behind any of their games. There are plenty of people out there that deserve FAR more credits than the David Jaffe/Cori Barlog/Tetsuya Nomura/Etc., but it's just a question of circumstances that we never end up hearing about them. So really we have no idea as far as "fresh new talent" is concerned. It's not like Square has a shrinking pool of employees. Nomura has been with Square for like 15 years now, but there's plenty of other people in the company we just don't hear about, especially if they are replacing people who left in the last three years or so.

And I look at my PS1 library: FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFT, Xenogears, Front Mission 3. I also had SaGa Frontier (total crap, sold that piece of shit, worst buy EVER). And that's all. The only thing I miss is Vagrant Story. Name me anything else they made during that time that was actually good and not FF-related? Considering the company now produces far more titles than in those days, it's only logical that the proportion of FF/DQ/KH games is still significant. Ooops, fact is FF+DQ+KH is already more than back in the PS1 days. Then add to this new series+old ones that used to get very little attention that are now coming back.

Just saying:)
Parasite Eve 1 +2, Chrono Cross, Einhander, Tobal 1 +2, Bushido Blade, Dew Prism, Brave Fencer Musashi. Add in Xenogears and Vagrant Story and count out Cross for being a sequel and that's more new IPs than they've done since.

And DQ is Yuji Horii...I don't count it as Square side. The Square side of SE absolutely does not have the output they did back then. Not at all. They can barely even keep the mainline FF series running properly anymore.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Parasite Eve 1 +2, Chrono Cross, Einhander, Dew Prism, Brave Fencer Musashi. Add in Xenogears and Vagrant Story and count out Cross for being a sequel and that's more new IPs than they've done since.

I hurt inside. :(

Top Bottom