• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games of August: August is shaping up to be a good month

Mrbob

fenekku-gitsune said:
Tohohoho.

If you aren't a football man then I'm not sure there's one must-buy for all gamers, regardless of tastes. Viewtiful Joe PS2 and Astro Boy GBA comes closest, I'd say. Astro Boy PS2 blows and I have mixed feelings about Galleon (playing through it right now).

Heh, IAWTP for console games only. If you own a worthy PC, Doom 3 is a must buy.

243189.jpg

Uh, you left out the first Xbox Live 3.0 game. Judging by the enormous RS3 community on Live, this should do very well.

Lil' Dice

Banned
Damn, and i sold my PS2; i would've loved to own Phantasy Star.
And Astro Boy on the PS2 stinks, but he GBA version instead....

Anyanka said:
Wait, Rush 2049 and Hydro Thunder are coming out for PS2? Are they arcade ports? I'm so there...

I saw this listed in the Sept GMR listed for the middle of the month, but I cannot find it anywhere. Is it really coming out?

Li Mu Bai

Banned
dark10x said:
Reviews are decent, not bad.

Huh? Galleon's GR score=69%

GameSpot=8/6/2004 7 out of 10 70.0%
Gamespy=8/6/2004 3.5 out of 5 70.0%
IGN= 8/4/2004 8.2 out of 10 82.0%
Official Xbox Magazine=9/1/2004 6.8 out of 10 68.0%
Eurogamer= 6/21/2004 6 out of 10 60.0%
1UP=8/9/2004 6.5 out of 10 65.0%

And I'm sure EGM won't be any kinder. (can't find the new EGM scores thread)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Serious here, avoid Astro Boy for the PS2. If you must play it then rent it but do not throw your money away on this one. I recently played the import and it wasn't enjoyable (the execution is poor but the idea is great).

I also played the Astro Boy GBA import and that one was suprisingly very good. Extremely tight game, excellent graphics, fantastic controls.

citan

I'll be picking up:
Phantom Brave
Star Ocean 3

Sept:
Mega Man X Command
King of Fighters '02 & '03
Shadow Hearts Covanant

November:
Metroid Prime 2
Suikoden 4 (I hope)
Wild Arms Alter Code F
Half-Life 2 (Yeah, right like that's comming out this year)

I'm going to be broke for the rest of the year, and I'm still planning on picking up the DS

Top Bottom