• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Holy shit, Act 5, were the enemies always this stupid and crazy?

So I'm playing coop, the part whit the two
Brumaks
. So I take one Mulcher, my buddy takes one. The two enemies kinda collide with each other, it generates some clipping errors, we shoot at the same time, big explosion, and the two
Brumaks
fligh up very high, doing flips and whatnot as if they weigh 0 pounds.
Funny shit.

Also, didn't knew that at one point after this, Dom can kill all the patrols as he pleases, the others wont notice it. Only if Marcus starts shooting they react and the action-paced music starts.

Besides that there were numerous encounters with "lost" enemies. They just didn't knew what to do, especially if we split in a non-split area.

Hellraizer said:
Holy shit, Act 5, were the enemies always this stupid and crazy?

So I'm playing coop, the part whit the two
Brumaks
. So I take one Mulcher, my buddy takes one. The two enemies kinda collide with each other, it generates some clipping errors, we shoot at the same time, big explosion, and the two
Brumaks
fligh up very high, doing flips and whatnot as if they weigh 0 pounds.
Funny shit.

Also, didn't knew that at one point after this, Dom can kill all the patrols as he pleases, the others wont notice it. Only if Marcus starts shooting they react and the action-paced music starts.

Besides that there were numerous encounters with "lost" enemies. They just didn't knew what to do, especially if we split in a non-split area.

I feel Act 5 was put together in a hurry with nothing memorable at all. ESPECIALLY the boss fight.

Well, I got the "Completionist" achievement...

I was playing co-op with a friend, and we get up to that part in Act 4, Chapter 6 where
you split up and can see each other's enemies from across a chasm (?). Anyway... WHAT THE FUCK! Baird is so stupid, all he does is rush in and gets downed, which forces my friend to go out and save him, which then gets him killed. Also the enemies can see us from the opposite side, and they are DEADLY accurate... Why aren't our friendly AI invincible when we split up?!

UUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dax01 said:
Well, I got the "Completionist" achievement...

I was playing co-op with a friend, and we get up to that part in Act 4, Chapter 6 where
you split up and can see each other's enemies from across a chasm (?). Anyway... WHAT THE FUCK! Baird is so stupid, all he does is rush in and gets downed, which forces my friend to go out and save him, which then gets him killed. Also the enemies can see us from the opposite side, and they are DEADLY accurate... Why aren't our friendly AI invincible when we split up?!

UUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Probably the hardest part in the game on Insane.

One time, Baird got hit by a Mauler and slid off the edge. I had to fucking restart for that :lol

Grimm Fandango said:

One time, Baird got hit by a Mauler and slid off the edge. I had to fucking restart for that :lol
Yeah, we were doing it on Insane...

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Grimm Fandango said:

The first part of that fight is easy, it's those guys with Torquebows near the end that always get me (I mean wtf, that guy is a football field away and he's still hitting me).

Gig said:
The first part of that fight is easy, it's those guys with Torquebows near the end that always get me (I mean wtf, that guy is a football field away and he's still hitting me).

I somewhat agree. That Theron with the shotgun is nasty and the Mauler's blast radius is nuts.

Ugh but yeah those damn Torquebow Therons suck major ass.

I remember people screamed for a Region Filter for the original Gears and nothing happened. I bet it won't happen for Gears of War 2 either.

Prove me wrong, Epic. Please.

h3ro

F#A#Oo said:
Lastnight was some of the worst MP Gears 2 I have ever experienced. Me, Kaizoku, Munkyhero's brother and one of my friends. We kept getting games where our opponents had host and anytime we went near them they would gib us. Literally every shot was a gib...we couldn't even touch them and when we did it seemed like they were invincible...I have never re-spawned so much in a single match. One dude ended up with 31...31!!!shotgun kills...

It was so bad we just called it a night through sheer demoralisation...:lol

Aww... I miss home. Happy Holiday's everyone. Hope you guys have a great day off with lot's of gaming, who knows, maybe even a patch for MP will be released?!

Also, glad to see I'll have some killer stats attached to my GT when I get back from India! :lol Thanks bro!

Aladuf

Banned
h3ro said:
Aww... I miss home. Happy Holiday's everyone. Hope you guys have a great day off with lot's of gaming, who knows, maybe even a patch for MP will be released?!

Also, glad to see I'll have some killer stats attached to my GT when I get back from India! :lol Thanks bro!
ohhhhhhhhhhhh, you're in India?! I've noticed a whole lot less of you around here lately. Hurry back bro, you've got the awesome LBP MGS DLC :)D) waiting for you. And maybe a little Gears too. :p

h3ro

Aladuf said:
ohhhhhhhhhhhh, you're in India?! I've noticed a whole lot less of you around here lately. Hurry back bro, you've got the awesome LBP MGS DLC :)D) waiting for you. And maybe a little Gears too. :p

Yeah, I'm doing some medical charity work in India for a month or so, should be back around mid January. I'm just glad to have some Internet service again... :p

That MGS DLC looks awesome btw. :D

Aladuf

Banned
h3ro said:
Yeah, I'm doing some medical charity work in India for a month or so, should be back around mid January. I'm just glad to have some Internet service again... :p

That MGS DLC looks awesome btw. :D
Hell yeah dude, that's really cool of you to do that. And yeah, the MGS DLC is fuckawesome dare I say Awesome.. fucking...wowsome? I played the hell out of it earlier today.

Gig

Man, forgot how fun the Torquebow was, I was using that thing all night in Horde (tagging a Cyclops just before a chainsaw duel, awesome).

With that being said I want my old Torquebow back, one shot=one kill, not this weak ass crap it's become.

TalonsOfJustice

Neo Member
Online play in this game feels like its half-done. It just doesn't feel like an improvement, it feels like they made things worse adding so much shit to a game that was already struggling to run online in the first place. I swear if GOW3 does this same thing, I will only play it for campaign. I was praying that online was going to be fixed in this one, but instead I get even more bullshit. Nubs come at me with chainsaws and I always shoot them in the face and never miss, but no stopping power? Give me a break man.

mr stroke

am I the only one having problems finding other players with Mics? I mean WTF, XBL comes with a Mic damn it!!!! tons of people used them in Gears 1 but why in hell does everyone want to be silent in this game?????? :(

Mohonky

mr stroke said:
am I the only one having problems finding other players with Mics? I mean WTF, XBL comes with a Mic damn it!!!! tons of people used them in Gears 1 but why in hell does everyone want to be silent in this game?????? :(

Party chat.

Tomcat

The spawn times for grenades are ridiculous. 20 secs is too quick and promotes camping with the frags. I think the weapons were optimized for the horde mode and thrown in the versus multiplayer then.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Mohonky said:
Party chat.

yeah, this is actually pretty bad, we were in a party and then playing gears and I didn't even know that the others couldn't hear us. default setting should be all players can hear.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Suggestions are that cliffy has come that much closer to realising his vision? I find that hard to believe.

Maybe if the people in your game play the game with similar sets of ideals and visions, like they take it super seriously, work as a team and it doesn't occur to them to use certain weapons in certain ways - then sure, you can have a fantastic experience with gears (nerfed sniper aside - thats just a miscalculation. I'm not including bugs or glitches as thats not a responsibility so much of the game designer nor are they intentional).

but reality is people will explore and use every edge of the game's capabilities and thats where it feels like testing sucked.

Reliance on grenades is so bad now. last game grenade tagging was one of the deadliest and cheesiest things you could do, so much more effective and deadly than grenade throwing (or most weapons for that matter). They were a mere nuisance, but now most matches are decided by grenades and who is controlling them and using them most effectively.

any encounters are not decided by what guns you have but who has a grenade left and who pulls it out quickest or most accurate or whoever gets up first if you both throw it. so much for awesome gunplay EPIC.

Gig

Tomcat said:
The spawn times for grenades are ridiculous. 20 secs is too quick and promotes camping with the frags. I think the weapons were optimized for the horde mode and thrown in the versus multiplayer then.

I think the spawn times for weapons in Horde are too long, if someone grabbed the Torquebow before you'll be waiting there for awhile. Of course the weapons themselves aren't nearly as bad as the ammo boxes, there are only two of them and they take forever to respawn.

Zoltrix

Gig said:
I think the spawn times for weapons in Horde are too long, if someone grabbed the Torquebow before you'll be waiting there for awhile. Of course the weapons themselves aren't nearly as bad as the ammo boxes, there are only two of them and they take forever to respawn.

I think the weapon doesn't respawn until you use up all its ammo. That's what it seems like.

Mohonky

DubloSeven said:
This is a tad off topic, but does anyone know why I keep getting dropped from NXE parties?

It's a pain in the ass.

Yeh it's been doing this to me lately to mate. It seemed to be a problem mainly in L4D where if myself and another mate were in private chat, we'd both disconnect, but my mate that was playing another game (Guitar Hero) wouldn't drop from party chat.

It's either a conflict between game / party chat or just NXE or Live being screwy because of the newcomers.

Gig

joshuagor44 said:
I think the weapon doesn't respawn until you use up all its ammo. That's what it seems like.

Well, lets see what the strategy guide has to say about.

Official Gears of War 2 Strategy Guide said:
All weapons respawn 30 seconds after there fewer weapons of a given type in play than there are pickups for that weapon. In Horde mode, weapons in enemy possession count toward this. For example if there is one Mulcher pickup in the level, it will not respawn while there are Grinder enemies in play.

Goddamn that's annoying, I don't have time to keep track of how many Torquebows or Longshots or enemies of a certain type there are on the map. They need to make it fixed intervals, so I can back to killing Locust and not waiting for weapons to respawn.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
holla.gif

holla_400_High.jpg

holla22.jpg

Snowden

Banned
Aladuf said:
Hell yeah dude, that's really cool of you to do that. And yeah, the MGS DLC is fuckawesome dare I say Awesome.. fucking...wowsome? I played the hell out of it earlier today.
Garnett, is that you?

Smidget

Is everyone else having major matchmaking issues? i cannot find anyone to join mine at all.... was working fine yesterday and mostly within 30 seconds or so.

Baker

Banned
Smidget said:
Is everyone else having major matchmaking issues? i cannot find anyone to join mine at all.... was working fine yesterday and mostly within 30 seconds or so.

Might just not be that many people playing tonight.

Top Bottom