• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

-PXG- said:
You don't HAVE to read 'em :/ I get them all the time from people. Guess what? I don't open them. Simple as that.

A lot of people on Live bug me about when shit comes out. So, I just send info to everyone just in case they didn't know. Fuck.

You were the ONLY person who has ever sent them to me besides the random "my gold account expired" message I would get a couple times a year. Obviously you've gotten a reputation for it judging from the response here. :lol

Perfect Xenophobic Genitalia?

-PXG-

Full Recovery said:
Hey what does PXG stand for? that shits been bugging me for a good while.

I've never told anyone. Never will. I get it all the time too. Don't bother asking. Even if you do guess it, I won't tell you. Sometimes, I make shit up just to stop people from asking. So no matter what you do, you'll never really know what it is. :lol

Flunkie

Banned
-PenisXenoGrabber- said:
You don't HAVE to read 'em :/ I get them all the time from people. Guess what? I don't open them. Simple as that.

A lot of people on Live bug me about when shit comes out. So, I just send info to everyone just in case they didn't know. Fuck.
I normally don't open PMs from normal people, but I made an exception for you.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Aladuf said:
Bingo.

The update will be fucking fantastic I'm sure, but this game has been playable for a good while. Sure, before TU2 it was rough and I did stop playing, but since that thing hit, this game has been just fine. You should have at least given it a try.

I definitely remember you describing as a little more than "rough", but anyways you're right, this update looks great and will fix a lot of the problems (hopefully).

DoomGyver

-PXG- said:
I've never told anyone. Never will. I get it all the time too. Don't bother asking. Even if you do guess it, I won't tell you. Sometimes, I make shit up just to stop people from asking. So no matter what you do, you'll never really know what it is. :lol
You named yourself after a shoe company? shoes?

Aladuf

Banned
Gig said:
I definitely remember you describing as a little more than "rough", but anyways you're right, this update looks great and will fix a lot of the problems (hopefully).
Psh, lies!

Yeah, I did sell my Xbox and all that shit in what may have seemed like an overreaction to the normal onlooker, but that was just a part of something I have been known to do once or twice with my gaming.. "items". Thankfully, after 1 Wii sold and 1 360 and Gears 2 re-purchased, I gave the game another shot and have successfully pissed away many nights with the guys on here, killing some fools online.

-PXG-

Full Recovery said:
Oh that makes sense, PXG seems like the cheating type.

I wonder if his next name will be -G4TV-

I had one dumbass on Live pronounce my name like this:

pix-jah

I shit you not.

DoomGyver

Flunkie said:
29gk9qx.gif

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Aladuf said:
Psh, lies!

Yeah, I did sell my Xbox and all that shit in what may have seemed like an overreaction to the normal onlooker, but that was just a part of something I have been known to do once or twice with my gaming.. "items". Thankfully, after 1 Wii sold and 1 360 and Gears 2 re-purchased, I gave the game another shot and have successfully pissed away many nights with the guys on here, killing some fools online.

Yeah, I've really been gettin' into Gears 2 mp the past few weeks and it can be really fun with four friends.

On the flip side, it's utter crap if you play public matches with random people.

Aladuf

Banned
-PXG- said:
Maybe I could host some matches one night. 'duf, you remember my amazing connection right?
I never had any issues with you connection, that's for sure. But I hope you don't mean that you're going to host Private matches because we're not going down that road. Public matches is it.

-PXG-

Aladuf said:
I never had any issues with you connection, that's for sure. But I hope you don't mean that you're going to host Private matches because we're not going down that road. Public matches is it.

What's wrong with private? You really want to deal with a bunch of shitty ass, quitting randoms?

Aladuf

Banned
-PXG- said:
What's wrong with private? You really want to deal with a bunch of shitty ass, quitting randoms?
Look at the past two pages of this thread before all of the activity in the past hour. Nobody seems to care for Private matches. Public is the best way to go.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
So, I got the patch and played my first game. It took a loooong time to get into a game (hopefully because it's 9:30 EST). I was disconnected 3 times pre-lobby. I finally got into a game that was extremely laggy. Nothing feels different so far, although I didn't do much besides run around with my chainsaw (well, I always do that regardless of lag). 2 people quit out after the game ended on the other team (they lost). I saw the bots pop in but didn't get to play them.

REV 09

got 2 games in this morning before work.

Matchmaking took normal speeds. First thing i noticed was the xp ranks next to everyone's name. it's just a number. Someone quit and a bot instantly jumped into the queue for the next match...can't really comment on how he was playing though, but it was at least nice to have another target for the enemy to shoot. I had a few TU3 noobs roadie run up to me and then stand there looking like a deer in headlights (god knows they weren't jamming the fuck out of their B button). Stun nades are no longer annoying because you're only down for a consistent 2 seconds which is barely enough time for an enemy to run up and gib you while down...the melee/shotgun delay after running in also makes dieing after a stun less common. During the next match i was able to try the sniper out...and wow, headshots actually count now, at least in that game they did. I popped about 5 skulls throughout the match...hitting the head was actually registering. I didn't get to try any of the other fixes/exploits.

all in all.

stun nades=fixed
roadie run->2 piece=fixed
2 piece=still effective, but will not consistently be the top player's go to strategy
ranking=awesome
headshots=register
bots=seamlessly added

so far so good imo...the game is considerably better than before the patch. it's less spammy, more tactical, and dare i say...balanced. seems so.

REV 09

RSTEIN said:
I'm not sure what has changed to make the game playable vs. unplayable before...
it was playable after TU2, now it seems to be balanced and far less annoying. I should have tried to see if going in and out of cover is any easier. someone make a private match on Tyro Station and see if getting off the tracks is any easier...for some reason, i always have trouble mantling over the side on that map.

REV 09

yaser imran virk said:
because of this, i have only played ONE match since this game came out
where are you guys located? long matchmaking times haven't been a problem for me since TU1. I'm in South Carolina, US.

Dosia

Tucson, Arizona.

Didn't they say the playlists were going to be tweaked as well? Or is that happening when the new maps are released?

REV 09

Supposedly quitting = -1500 points. I think you rank up every thousand.

also, bots are only added to even out teams, so if 3 people quit from each team (2v2) there will be no bots, not 3 bots per team. if its 3v5 then 2 bots will be added..then dropped if it changes to 3v3, etc.

xtwo

REV 09 said:
where are you guys located? long matchmaking times haven't been a problem for me since TU1. I'm in South Carolina, US.

detroit, last time i tried to play was after last patch.

Top Bottom