• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

-PXG- said:
Holy shit. Am I playing Gears 1, because this game is awesome :D

You didn't do so awesome in that game I randomly ended up in with you! I do believe you were LAST. :lol I thought you were an animal who couldn't be stopped?!

I got to play basically all day today since I was out of work due to some personal shit, I only had 1 game that was unplayably laggy and it was an american host with a shittastic connection. Never got a single non-US host.

Mohonky

I just used the video camera from my phone to get some shitty footage of the game in action. Some lol worthy parts. I don't know what to do, I love the gameplay but when it's like this I wonder if they'll ever give us a real fix.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Mohonky said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4ZPRTbVn7I

I think that should work. Good for a few laughs it's so pathetic. This is why people like me are still bitching about lag.....

:lol :lol :lol @ 0:37.

But yeah, the lag has gotten worse on my end since TU3, but everything else? Much better. I just want nades to have a much higher respawn time and to denote if the tagger of said nades dies.

And remove the mortar. It ruins the entire fundamentals of how Gears of War is supposed to be played (Cliff himself said he wants Gears to be stop and pop and in-your-face, no? Not much face action with a mortar).

Hammer24

Banned
If Dark Corners is an SP update, and if I wont be able to download it here in Germany - I´ll topple enough magazine racks Epic will here the crashing sound in the good ol´ US of A! :/

I've definitely had more matches against Europeans after this TU. It wasn't until later in the night we started getting matches against Americans. Hopefully it will continue like this and that it wasn't just a lucky day.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I feel bad for Australia, and I feel annoyed to play against them because yesterday, the one time I played against them, there was lag - and I think I read that they complain a lot about the lag as well...

Anyways, out of the matches I played within the 9 hours we were online, there were only 4 matches that had quitters, and none had any lag-switchers, so at the very least the EXP penalty and lag-switching banning is setting some sort of fear in the retard quitters minds - good.

During most of the hours were against regions closer to us, and we never got matched against anyone from say, Mexico or so anymore, except for a match against a team from Korea which was laggy as hell, so the filter is doing its job...

Loving the patch.

Zezboob said:
Bububut the game choose a match with a ping of less than 200.
Bububut there is no lag on my Gears, lol at haters.

:lol :lol

Good Lord man, every damn post from you from probably the first post I can bother to remember from you has you bitching - do you love doing this?

It's like you have no other available options in your life - do other things - be happy - or do you not have other things to do? :lol

-PXG- said:
Holy shit. Am I playing Gears 1, because this game is awesome :D

Ask anyone who's played more than post about Gears 2 since TU2 or before that, and you'll hear that the experience hasn't changed much at all connection-wise, just that the interference is gone from cheaters...

Zezboob

Skilotonn said:
Good Lord man, every damn post from you from probably the first post I can bother to remember from you has you bitching - do you love doing this?

It's like you have no other available options in your life - do other things - be happy - or do you not have other things to do? :lol
You are totally right, I should have the option to play Gears as it should be played. And be sure the day it happens I would not complain about it here. But reality is different, that's sad and you should remove Cliff dick from your mouth.

(thanks for your concern about my life, but on a gaming board, I speak (here, complain) about gaming stuff, one day you will understand that makes sense)

JB1981

Zezboob said:
You are totally right, I should have the option to play Gears as it should be played. And be sure the day it happens I would not complain about it here. But reality is different, that's sad and you should remove Cliff dick from your mouth.

(thanks for your concern about my life, but on a gaming board, I speak (here, complain) about gaming stuff, one day you will understand that makes sense)

Dude do you know who you're talking to? It's skiloton. He will never say anything bad about any 360 game. Ever.

Zezboob

JB1981 said:
Dude do you know who you're talking to? It's skiloton. He will never say anything bad about any 360 game. Ever.
Haha true. But at least he should stop defending the undefendable, that's really ridiculous.

Tomcat said:
Only Courtyard.

And is it really players from gamespot that are playing ? I mean, they play just like bots of the game, with less accuracy.

Feindflug

Mohonky said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4ZPRTbVn7I

I think that should work. Good for a few laughs it's so pathetic. This is why people like me are still bitching about lag.....

Seriously my experience with TU3 was like 1 minute (haven't touched it for about 2 months) - found teammates, the game started, found an enemy I shoot and I still see that the game is still unplayable due to massive amounts of lag, ok back to dashboard...I won't ever touch that crap again, it seems that Epic is incapable of making a decent online multiplayer game.

I still can't get how this laggy POS is still in the top 5 of XBOX Live.

Zezboob

Feindflug said:
I still can't get how this laggy POS is still in the top 5 of XBOX Live.

USA is a big country :D
And all those who have a super high connexion who can be host easily, or those who only play on private match with a good host.

And some lucky guys.

Hammer24 said:
If Dark Corners is an SP update, and if I wont be able to download it here in Germany - I´ll topple enough magazine racks Epic will here the crashing sound in the good ol´ US of A! :/

I can't see Dark Corners being a single player update or content :( It would be awesome and i'd get it day one but epic are probably too busy making Gears 3/Gears 2 MP DLC.

Tomcat

Zezboob said:
Haha true. But at least he should stop defending the undefendable, that's really ridiculous.

Only Courtyard.

And is it really players from gamespot that are playing ? I mean, they play just like bots of the game, with less accuracy.

there are videos of all the maps

Feindflug

Zezboob said:
USA is a big country :D
And all those who have a super high connexion who can be host easily, or those who only play on private match with a good host.

And some lucky guys.

I guess you're right....though the game for Europe/Australia is nearly unplayable, people playing private matches with friends are lucky because they don't have to deal with lag switchers, fuckin' n00bs, annoying people in general and bullet-lag of course...it looks like the updates are almost entirely for the people who play in private matches. The game in public matches is definitely unplayable even when compared to the first game and the matchmaking is most definitely the reason for this.

Zezboob

Tomcat said:
there are videos of all the maps
Oh fuck, you're right. Sweet. I had no idea of it since there is no direct link on the page and I didn't pay attention to the links at the end of the video.

Sorry. :)

And what's wrong with Epic for doing maps without shadows ? The game uses prebaked shadows, so it's clearly not a problem of resources....

Aladuf

Banned
Tomcat said:
The maps look fuck-awesome. Fuel Depot looks sharp and I love how it's actually snowing on Courtyard and Grind Yard. Underhill seems pretty good, although I don't think the video they showed of it is showing that much... unless that's like a Raven Down sized map.

Thanks for posting them, I've been dying to see something about them.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Two new issues Epic may need to look into:

Mortar going craaazy:
Several other plays have been complaining about a glitchy mortar since the update.
-It hip fires for no reason.
-It won't allow you to adjust distance.
-Just generally glitchy.

Chainsaw backstep glitch, not revving:
Sometimes when revving your chainsaw you'll act as if you've been shot 1-3 times. Your character will flinch backwards as if he was shot. Other issue is the chainsaw rev not starting after pressing B.

Aladuf

Banned
RSTEIN said:
Sometimes when revving your chainsaw you'll act as if you've been shot 1-3 times. Your character will flinch backwards as if he was shot.
These both definitely started happening pre-patch. I've noticed the chainsaw one a lot in the past few nights. The mortar one happens at least once every time I pick it up and let off the five shots.

I do remember the Mortar going bat-shit insane last night while playing a match on Fuel Station. It did hip fire and I couldn't adjust distance a couple of times. I thought it was due to lag, but it looks like it may be a bigger problem than I thought.

Also, I believe it was Aladuf who noticed first last night that there seems to be a new problem with snagging dropped weapons. Say you pick up a dropped Torque with five shots. For some reason the ammo will double and give you ten shots.

I'm all for the changes made in TU3. But it feels like for everything that Epic patches, there's always something new to be dealt with. Oh well, I'll still play the shit out of this game regardless.

Hammer24

Banned
steverulez said:
I can't see Dark Corners being a single player update or content :( It would be awesome and i'd get it day one but epic are probably too busy making Gears 3/Gears 2 MP DLC.

With all the obvious problems the GOW2 MP has, they´d probably make more money offering SP DLC.

Shins

Banned
Sorry guys, I didn't want to bitch during all this time, but there is a thread in order to to complain about how none of the problems in this game were addressed in Title Update 3

I know that it's less convenient but that's how things are designed on GAF and I got be tired to check this thread every time to see that in fact there is absolutely no infos, only a person complaining repeatedly across multiple posts, all of which make the same point.

I hope I am not the only one in this case.

Thank you for your understanding.

Shins

Banned
But what we're doing after lost is playing Gears of War (ELLIPSES).

Playing the game. That's seems like an important component for further discussion of it, unless we want to make the same points again and again! We are so confused about what you want for a quality discussion, and we am really anxious not to let you down again. :- (

edit: forgot the royal we!

Zezboob

No, you are speaking about your schedule, thinking that this board is your agenda, your blog or your msn.

Edit : oh no you didn't forget, you even used it.

Mohonky

I also found I was getting stuck to walls alot since the last update. It's like the walls suddenly went all magnetic. Who the fuck knows though, it could be something to do with the laggy clusterfuck that is the game.

RSTEIN

Aladuf said:
These both definitely started happening pre-patch. I've noticed the chainsaw one a lot in the past few nights. The mortar one happens at least once every time I pick it up and let off the five shots.

Yeah, the mortar thing would happen to me every once and a while pre-patch. But now it acts crazy EVERY single time I use it. warbegins has experienced the same thing.

-PXG-

SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
You didn't do so awesome in that game I randomly ended up in with you! I do believe you were LAST. :lol I thought you were an animal who couldn't be stopped?!

I got to play basically all day today since I was out of work due to some personal shit, I only had 1 game that was unplayably laggy and it was an american host with a shittastic connection. Never got a single non-US host.

I know I was doing terrible. :lol I was too busy reading the PS3 2.7 FW hype thread. That shit was hilarious.

RSTEIN said:

Mortar going craaazy:
Several other plays have been complaining about a glitchy mortar since the update.
-It won't allow you to adjust distance.
-Just generally glitchy.

Chainsaw backstep glitch, not revving:
Sometimes when revving your chainsaw you'll act as if you've been shot 1-3 times. Your character will flinch backwards as if he was shot. Other issue is the chainsaw rev not starting after pressing B.
I've also noticed that sometimes when you've chainsawed someone, your character will end up in a frozen animation and just slide around. I think it's when you chainsaw downed enemies or something. Perhaps when the one you chainsaw gets blown up. Happened three times last night for me and my friends.

RSTEIN

AndyMoogle said:
I've also noticed that sometimes when you've chainsawed someone, your character will end up in a frozen animation and just slide around. I think it's when you chainsaw downed enemies or something. Perhaps when the one you chainsaw gets blown up. Happened three times last night for me and my friends.

:lol I saw this happen yesterday. It was so funny. The guy was running around with his chainsaw straight up in the air (as in mid-duel). I think someone just torqued him to put him out of his misery.

RSTEIN

ThirdEngine said:
Also, the glitch where you can't shoot happened to me mid-round last night. It lasted for about a minute and then I could shoot again. :lol

No, that's the new ranking system kicking in. You had too many kills already at that point.

Zezboob

Mohonky said:
I also found I was getting stuck to walls alot since the last update. It's like the walls suddenly went all magnetic. Who the fuck knows though, it could be something to do with the laggy clusterfuck that is the game.
Same here, but it may be because I didn't play to Gears for some time and I forgot that I should not press forward with the stick when running. Try that if it can help.

Diving back into the world of Gears soon (not busy anymore!) and I noticed I still need Raam, When I made a new live account to sort out my card troubles last year I never did rebeat gears 1 all the way through, so I best go do that now :)

I have not been online since the first main patch was out so i've yet to experiance the fixes in multi, I look forward to it in a few weeks time, where I live atm Live does not work.

I was playing a game on Day One last night and someone threw a smoke grenade. The blast literally sent me flying in the air, doing backflips.

I also managed to get thrown into the Imulsion on Ruins after a smoke grenade. A friend got blasted into it twice in one game.

Was this intended?

RSTEIN

Goddamn sunnovabitch!

Sick and tired of not knowing whether or not my shotgun will instagib someone who has been knocked down by a smoke. Just finished a game on Blood Drive. I'm in the grenade room. Knock a guy down with smoke. TWO SHOTS over his head and the guy gets up like nothing happened. The next round, I fire a smoke into the torque bow area. Knock a guy down. From like 10 feet away I gib him. WTF?

Zezboob

AnEternalEnigma said:
I also managed to get thrown into the Imulsion on Ruins after a smoke grenade. A friend got blasted into it twice in one game.
Already happened to me long time ago. You got unlucky. :D

RSTEIN said:
Goddamn sunnovabitch!

Sick and tired of not knowing whether or not my shotgun will instagib someone who has been knocked down by a smoke. Just finished a game on Blood Drive. I'm in the grenade room. Knock a guy down with smoke. TWO SHOTS over his head and the guy gets up like nothing happened. The next round, I fire a smoke into the torque bow area. Knock a guy down. From like 10 feet away I gib him. WTF?
Welcome to Gears

I been playing gears 2 for about an hour or so single player on the hardest setting and damn it's so frustrating compared to the first gears, dom has a time out now when he is down and to make it worse he loves to go get himself killed, I find myself restarting a small segment so many times because while I am doing well he will get downed and then 5 locust will rush me, the game seriously plays better with two people in this mode.

Annoying shit.

To note I beat single player first time around on 3 stars, and since then I was playing it again in co-op, but no live atm.

*edit* FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Zezboob

Another 3 hours sessions of Gears, and absolutely no correct game lagwise !
The region filter works shit !
One of my friend was even moving during 2 seconds on DBNO position, the enemy was walking behind him to execute and I was walking behind the guy to chainsaw him :lol

Epic said something about a possibility of adjusting the region filter server side or it's definitely worthless ?

My friend who was moving while DBNO has an fiber connexion, able to download at 5,5Mo/s and uploading at 300Ko/s and never is the host, are we missing something or what ?

Seriously people can't say I didn't try, seems to be that private match is my only option.

I seriously wish they'd bring back Player's Choice. Warzone always gets chosen over Execution and Annex always gets chosen over King of the Hill.

Zezboob

AnEternalEnigma said:
Warzone always gets chosen over Execution
Why the fuck I can't be in your games !!!! It's exactly the contrary in mines :lol

Seriously, Warzone and Execution being two very popular modes, I think they could have each their own playlist.

Personally, I think they should remove the ability to vote on the gametype in a playlist that only offers two possible gametypes. If they did that, I wouldn't mind Player's Choice being gone.

Shins

Banned
I like being able to vote. In Warzone/Execution, we could influence the vote enough to get Execution easily.

Playing after Lost tonight, guys? Let's schedule this shit up. Also, I had a turkey sandwich for lunch today. It was great! And I broke up with my boyfriend.

I hope this post passes muster, because otherwise I'm at the end of my rope.
huh.gif

Top Bottom