• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Chinner

Banned
Monkeylord said:
My PLAY.COM pre-order of the LE has now changed to "Order Placed" :)

The LE is no longer available to buy on there, but the standard one's status has now changed to "In stock, usually ships within 24hrs" so I presume they've already started to process them. Usually when I pre-order it arrives about 2 days after the status changes, so I may be lucky and get it Thursday.

:D
my order is with play as well. if i do get on thursday I'll probably do some mutiplayer or hode mode, cause i got to at like 6 pm to get over to my sisters wedding for friday. i wont actually play the sp untill saturday.

this brings me to my next question, whos gonna do co op sp for the first time? I did for gears 1 so I'm gonna continue on with the tradition for gears 2

pr0cs

Chinner said:
this brings me to my next question, whos gonna do co op sp for the first time? I did for gears 1 so I'm gonna continue on with the tradition for gears 2
played gears1 all the way through with a worker via coop, we've already booked Friday evening to start gears2.

I actually never played gears1 start to end with the CPU AI, only a few chapters to find cog tags. Coop is what made Gears this gen's defining game for me, I feel sorry for silver users stuck playing with AI the whole game.

Shins said:
not without proper battlefield evaluation.
side.gif
WITHOUT TWO-PIECING YOU'D BE NNNOOOTTTHHHIIINNNGGG!!!

pr0cs

_dementia said:
You can do splitscreen local co-op on one xbox in both Gears.
ah yeah I forgot. Yeah I guess if you have the luxury of being able to play with friends at your house regularly then you're not missing out.

BigDubs

sykoex said:
I don't have a 360 but I thought you guys might like this. On my way home from picking up R2 I ran into a friend who knows pretty much nothing about video games. I showed her I got R2 and guess what she said? "Oh why didn't you get Gears of War?" :lol

... ;_;

Seems like she knows a lot about video games :p

DoomGyver

Just got my last stand edition strategy guide in the mail, it is so sexxy. Anything you guys want to know? :D

I find the weapon stats to be pretty interesting, they have the HB x2 damage over the lancer, but the HB has half the firing rate.

So tempting the read the last chapter, but I'm gonna resist.

HoTHiTTeR

Full Recovery said:
Just got my last stand edition strategy guide in the mail, it is so sexxy. Anything you guys want to know? :D

I find the weapon stats to be pretty interesting, they have the HB x2 damage over the lancer, but the HB has half the firing rate.

mmmm post more weapon stats plz!

Thermite

Full Recovery said:

It's hardcover, right? Is there a lot of extra art in it, or is it just a strategy guide?

Shins

Banned
election is still too close to call baby but you know gears of war is there to burn through some time yeah baby you need it you want it you gonna get it woooo

Frester

Shins said:
election is still too close to call baby but you know gears of war is there to burn through some time yeah baby you need it you want it you gonna get it woooo

Not if you don't have it yet :( I thought it'd been said that ranking up was going to be based on team performance more so than individual stats?

DoomGyver

The reduced the damage on the lancer, boltok, snub, and gnasher from Gears 1.

They increased the damage of the boomshot and torque bow from Gears 1.

Gnasher has a short range damage of 500, and a long range of 300 (for comparison: where as the scorcher has a short range damage of 700, and a long range of 420)

Hammer of Dawn
has 20 seconds worth of ammo.

Gorgon pistol has a firing rate of 1200, compared to the snub pistol at 700 (both do the same amount of damage)

Gold weapons: book clearly states that the only way to obtain the gold lancer is through the LE and the gold hammerburst is through midnight madness, I see No reference to it being an unlockable through the campaign.

Aladuf

Banned
Shins said:
Yeah, the election isn't late enough yet to make any real calls so we need to play some of our last ever Gears 1 matches... Third, get your ass on for a little while!

Aladuf said:
Yeah, the election isn't late enough yet to make any real calls so we need to play some of our last ever Gears 1 matches... Third, get your ass on for a little while!
I will at 8:30! I wanna see this special, so you guys will wait 30 more minutes? :D

Also, that's a little wierd they would increase the damage on Boom and Torque. Good call on everything else, though.

Ramirez

The boomshot had basically no splash damage...it was my favorite weapon in the first though, so satisfying to drill people up on Sniper spawn at Gridlock with it. :lol

Thermite

Full Recovery said:
9 page comic preview, and 8 pages of artwork with a foldout poster/collectible guide

Oh, nice. If my local Gamestop has this when I go in there to pick up Gears 2, I'll get it then.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Full Recovery said:
The reduced the damage on the lancer, boltok, snub, and gnasher from Gears 1.

They increased the damage of the boomshot and torque bow from Gears 1.

Gnasher has a short range damage of 500, and a long range of 300 (for comparison: where as the scorcher has a short range damage of 700, and a long range of 420)

Hammer of Dawn
has 20 seconds worth of ammo.

Gorgon pistol has a firing rate of 1200, compared to the snub pistol at 700 (both do the same amount of damage)

Gold weapons: book clearly states that the only way to obtain the gold lancer is through the LE and the gold hammerburst is through midnight madness, I see No reference to it being an unlockable through the campaign.

Nice, hoping that the store comes through with having it when the game comes - if it's not there by next week I'm just gonna order it online...

And I was already going for Hammerburst over Lancer, but damn, it's double the damage of the Lancer? Hell yeah!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I walked into my nearby 7-11 a few minutes ago to get some beers for election watching and I noticed they had a few copies of Gears of War 2 right next to the Fallout 3 copies. I asked the guy if I could pick it up, and he didn't seem to know what it was and proceeded to ring it up very awkwardly. Luckily for me, he didn't notice the "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 11/07/2008" sticker on the top of the case and I was able to buy it! I am going back to Japan this Sunday and didn't expect I would have a chance to pick it up before I left.

I haven't read anything about this game, but I loved the first one so I am excited to crack it open. I'm going to wait until it is absolutely certain who is the next President before playing, though.

Dirtbag

Zefah said:
I walked into my nearby 7-11 a few minutes ago to get some beers for election watching and I noticed they had a few copies of Gears of War 2 right next to the Fallout 3 copies. I asked the guy if I could pick it up, and he didn't seem to know what it was and proceeded to ring it up very awkwardly. Luckily for me, he didn't notice the "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 11/07/2008" sticker on the top of the case and I was able to buy it! I am going back to Japan this Sunday and didn't expect I would have a chance to pick it up before I left.

I haven't read anything about this game, but I loved the first one so I am excited to crack it open. I'm going to wait until it is absolutely certain who is the next President before playing, though.

Holy shit dude, which 7-11?!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I am in Seattle, Washington. I'll post pictures of the game box later tonight just for proof =p

Top Bottom