• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Aladuf said:
Yep, I think that I'm going to go to 7-11 tomorrow just to see if I can get lucky.

My 7-11 is managed by people from Africa. Only the manager speaks very much English so I got lucky with the employee not really understanding / not knowing to look for the sticker.

mittelos

I went to Radio Shack today thinking they may not know better and have it out. Not only did they not have it, the didn't have any new releases and the sad selection of games that they had (mainly GTA4 and NG2) were all on clearance. Has Radio Shack given up on games already?

zaidr

Any places in Toronto that is selling it early? Hopefully in the east end?

mittelos said:
I went to Radio Shack today thinking they may not know better and have it out. Not only did they not have it, the didn't have any new releases and the sad selection of games that they had (mainly GTA4 and NG2) were all on clearance. Has Radio Shack given up on games already?

Radio Shack = Circuit City...which isn't doing to well, as you may know.

GaryD

pr0cs said:
played gears1 all the way through with a worker via coop, we've already booked Friday evening to start gears2.

I actually never played gears1 start to end with the CPU AI, only a few chapters to find cog tags. Coop is what made Gears this gen's defining game for me, I feel sorry for silver users stuck playing with AI the whole game.

Word, my best mate is coming over to split screen this on Friday on my projector. IMO Co-op Gears is the only way to play the campaign.

Shins

Banned
Operation 7-11 Freebaird a desperate and utter failure for Aladuf and myself. They rested their balls our chins on and brushed our teeth with their dicks. The copies remain locked up tight until Thursday at midnight.

Aladuf

Banned
GOD DAMNNNNNNN!

I just went to four 7-11's with Shins looking for Gears 2 and the first 2 didn't have it, then we got to the third one and I asked if they had it and the guy said it just came in and went to get it but then saw that the box said not to sell until 11/7. So after that huge disappointment we went to the last one and turns out there's this lady I used to work with a few years ago working at that 7/11, I asked her for the game and she said they came in earlier and went to go get 2 copies for us... but then she found out that the manager locked up the games earlier in the day and she couldn't get the games out.

I am SO bummed because we were SO close. :(

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry to those who couldn't get a copy. I'm sure I just got lucky with 7-11 employees that didn't know a thing about the product that they were selling.

Here are some pics just to prove that I didn't pirate the game or something.

DCF_0138.jpg

DCF_0137.jpg

Now that it looks like Obama has this locked down, I am going to start playing a bit (while keeping the other TV on). I'll post impressions later.

I talked to PXG for a bit on Live, after you guys left for your 7-11 run. He says the game looks amazing, even compared to Gears 1. He said the roadie run seems a little faster, but regular movement has been weighed down a bit. Bots killed him a few times on Hardcore, and while they're a little dumb against each other, they're a decent challenge to play with. I also remember him saying that the Lancer is his go-to weapon now, and that the Meatshield protects you from pretty much everything.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Well the game looks noticeably better than the first so far. The lighting looks much better and the animation is also improved.

I chose to do the training mission and I was immediately greeted by the old texture loading problem unfortunately ><. It did seem to load faster than Gears 1, though.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
That 'Do Not Sell' sticker looks different than the ones I've seen on other games. Usually it's orange, weird.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Papercuts said:
Why hasn't xbox.com been displaying the achievements? I've checked on a few people who have the game but none of them are viewable on the site yet.

It'll show up when the game is officially released, i.e. this Friday - happens at the very least with the big games/Microsoft-published games...

Aladuf

Banned
Papercuts said:
Why hasn't xbox.com been displaying the achievements? I've checked on a few people who have the game but none of them are viewable on the site yet.
They're just not activated on the site yet, I've checked a couple friends achievements over the actual Xbox already because they show up on there.

Lkr

I'm trying to use a sick day on Friday to get and play Gears 2. I actually need to go to the doctor, so Best Buy opens at 10, I'll be waiting for it to open, go to the doctor right after.

Teknoman

_dementia said:
Throwback pack.

Canals
Gridlock
Mansion
Tyro
Subway

Nice. Well at least I dont have to go to classes or work on friday. So thats Resistance 2, Gears 2, Fable II, Fallout 3, LBP, and Wario Land. Damn...

Aladuf

Banned
God damn, Obama wins the election and Gears of War 2's release all happen in the same week. BEST. WEEK. EVER.

PXG also wants me to share these with you guys:

100_1529.jpg

100_1530.jpg

100_1531.jpg

100_1532.jpg

Voltron64

Only thing out of place in those shots is that PXG's not a Kantus yet. :lol

Duf, Renwood, Blaze and whoever else: Only two more nights of Gears 1 matches. I am extremely happy/sad all at once, and I only started playing with you guys a little over a month ago. :lol

Aladuf

Banned
Dirtbag said:
OMG

Hammerburst - BR
Lancer - AR
Oh shit really?, I didn't think it would be so similar. I may be using the Hammerburst more than I expected after all if they're that similar. (I can't fucking use the AR in Halo 3 for shit)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
When did stores start getting their shipments?

I really want to go to every 7-11 I can find...so tempting

Aladuf

Banned
_dementia said:
tell that shit to beast Valvoga

but honestly it wasn't horrible pre-patch
Damn, you can't downplay the Hammerburst, that thing can still be devastating right there along with the Boltok but no one ever uses those weapons.

Ramirez

Dirtbag said:
OMG

Hammerburst - BR
Lancer - AR

I had initially thought this, but I was getting ass raped by the Lancer at PAX when I picked the HB. It coulda had something to do with havin the controller turned sideways and being 2 inches from the screen however...

Aladuf

Banned
Some impressions from PXG:

Post this on GAF:

- Shotty SUUUUUUUUUUCKS (completely useless)
- Lancer is decent
- Hammer burst is BEAST
a) holding down the trigger, its pretty strong and accurate
b) tapping it rapidly is INSANELY strong, but sporadic and less accurate
- Torque pretty much seems the same
- Boomshot is the same
- Meatshielding gives you such HUGE advantage (blocks pretty much EVERYTHING)
a) however, getting downed or getting hit with smoke grenade makes you drop hostage
- graphics are SIIIIIIIICK. Every texture and character and ultra high resolution.
- movement is MUCH slower, but rodie run is a bit faster
- stopping power REALLY, and I mean REALLY stops you dead in your tracks
a) this will make the game much more strategic and less run and gun (may seem to slow it down, but its more intense, trust me)
- So much more I can say, just from playing it for an hour

MercuryLS

Banned
Nerfed shotty makes me happy, maybe it won't be shotguns of war anymore. This game is supposed to be tactical, not doing shotgun dances all over the fucking place.

unomas

Banned
MercuryLS said:
Nerfed shotty makes me happy, maybe it won't be shotguns of war anymore. This game is supposed to be tactical, not doing shotgun dances all over the fucking place.

Without radar in a game the shotty will always be a go to weapon. Raven down was my favorite map in Gears, hopefully it gets brought back or a similar map replaces it. I'm happy they nerfed the sniper rifle, no more 1 shot downs and now it will actually take skill to use it.

Top Bottom