• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Teknoman

Black_Ice said:
You won't get the Lancer. It's not at every gamestop it's in the LE. IDK about the Hammerburst.

You'll get the maps.

Canals 2.0 is amazing

Arent the maps for everyone? Sticker on all the cases in the back of my store.

I usually don't get too hung up about getting games as soon as they come out, but I'm really pissed that I'm out of town on business and won't be able to get Gears until tomorrow night.

Add me for co-op, horde, multiplayer, etc.

GT: MaizeRage25

mxz

Wow, GOW2 is freaking awesome. It's a pure action game if there ever was one. The pace of the action is insane - it just throws "OMFG" moments at you one after another. Badass!

Teknoman

mxz said:
Wow, GOW2 is freaking awesome. It's a pure action game if there ever was one. The pace of the action is insane - it just throws "OMFG" moments at you one after another. Badass!

Next-gen contra esqueness ftw.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Black_Ice said:
You won't get the Lancer. It's not at every gamestop it's in the LE. IDK about the Hammerburst.

You'll get the maps.

Canals 2.0 is amazing

The Hammerburst is for midnight launch. Actually, about that--stores would just be handing out codes at the launch, right? I wouldn't be surprised if they have extras and give them out to people who preordered and pick it up the next day, or stores that aren't having a midnight launch in general will still have codes for the Hammerburst.

Sean

Banned
Teknoman said:
Arent the maps for everyone? Sticker on all the cases in the back of my store.

Cool thanks... as long as the maps are included in the box I can worry a lot less.

My local Blockbuster never seems to have the bonus stuff they're suppose to.

SupahBlah

Banned
Sean said:
Cool thanks... as long as the maps are included in the box I can worry a lot less.

On my LE, the gold lancer, the maps and 48 hour free gold are all on one scratch (and win) card.

Finished the campaign about ten minutes ago, I couldn't stop playing. Never did that before. :lol

Spoiler free impressions: better than the first.

Aladuf

Banned
Flunkie said:
My Triple will be used less, obviously, but it will certainly not be forgotten. I still need to pimp out my Spacesuit.
I know, plus I still need to beat the very last area in LBP.. it's been fucking with me for a while. Online levels have been dragging me away from beating the game.

/OT

Papercuts said:
The Hammerburst is for midnight launch. Actually, about that--stores would just be handing out codes at the launch, right? I wouldn't be surprised if they have extras and give them out to people who preordered and pick it up the next day, or stores that aren't having a midnight launch in general will still have codes for the Hammerburst.

I went to pick up Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm and the guy gave me the Hammerburst and theme codes early. They had a shitload of them. That was the whole reason I was going to the midnight launch, but I'm still going cause It's not like I've got anything better to do at midnight.

Flunkie

Banned
Aladuf said:
I know, plus I still need to beat the very last area in LBP.. it's been fucking with me for a while. Online levels have been dragging me away for beating the game.

/OT
OT

Same. Only I need to actually get past The Wedding and then beat all the other levels.. but the online levels are just way too addicting.

Now, /OT

Teknoman

Flunkie said:
My Triple will be used less, obviously, but it will certainly not be forgotten. I still need to pimp out my Spacesuit.

I forgot that came out today! I also need to beat all the LBP SP levels and 100% them so I can dedicate more time to online and creation.

My thing is...how do you balance between two kick ass alien shooters?

unomas

Banned
Just a heads up to other circuit city online purchasers I received my free 1600 point card today, and should be receiving the game by Saturday with no shipping charge. I'm picking up a copy tomorrow morning 10am at Gamestop. See you fuckers online!

mittelos

Just sent a bunch of friend requests. I'll be headin' out in about an hour to pick up my copy. Took off work tomorrow to play.

Aladuf

Banned
Teknoman said:
I had to put one to the side, I was SO tempted to pick up Resistance 2 the other day but I knew it would just be dumb to pick it up right now. I'll probably be snagging it later this year or early next year.

Teknoman

Gotcha Donkey Show, added.

I'll probably be picking mine up tomorrow since my store is doing a "Gears morning" opening at 8am instead of midnight launch.

Flunkie

Banned
Aladuf said:
And off I go to the midnight launch!

Can't wait to fire this bad boy up. :D
I'll be right here waiting for you when you get back. :D

Anyone staying over, or are you guys all going home? (I expect this answered when you get back :p)

Known Shippable

Neo Member
Relix said:
NOOOO!!! When I was going out to buy the game the rear tire was making strange sounds and when i went to check it... the tire was breaking in pieces don't ask me why!! =( =( =(. So I had to return, with a flat tire, and no possibility of getting the game tonight.

I'm sure someone around you has a similar tire :p

Currently sitting in line at Gamestop. I walked up a few minutes ago and heard one of the employees say "Mardi Gras style" so I flashed him and he threw me a Spiderman Friend or Foe T-shirt. I have no shame and yes I am a dude. In hindsight showing my pasty unberbelly for non-Gears goodies was a let down. If I am going to give up the goods I should receive awesome swag.

Flunkie

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:
Currently sitting in line at Gamestop. I walked up a few minutes ago and heard one of the employees say "Mardi Gras style" so I flashed him and he threw me a Spiderman Friend or Foe T-shirt. I have no shame and yes I am a dude. In hindsight showing my pasty unberbelly for non-Gears goodies was a let down. If I am going to give up the goods I should receive awesome swag.
:lol :lol

Costanza

Banned
I hope someone can get me a hammerburst code :p

I asked PXG yesterday since he works at GS and a couple people here said they would try.. so hopefully I'm covered

Teknoman

Aladuf said:
I had to put one to the side, I was SO tempted to pick up Resistance 2 the other day but I knew it would just be dumb to pick it up right now. I'll probably be snagging it later this year or early next year.

I'll figure it out eventually I guess. Either way, this is going to be one kick ass weekend. No homework, no work, starting tomorrow morning.:D

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
Teknoman said:
I forgot that came out today! I also need to beat all the LBP SP levels and 100% them so I can dedicate more time to online and creation.

Two words - "No Sleep" :D

unomas

Banned
I was gonna go to a midnight launch but my Gamestop said they had 175 pre-orders and the line would be long...so I'll just wait til the morning.

robot

Just finished playing for a few hours.

Huge improvement over the first imo - just feels a lot more solid. They do a great job of wowing you in the first few chapters too...can't wait to play some more tomorrow. And 5 player horde is gonna be nuts.

The mortar cannon is freakin awesome in co-op campaign too.

mittelos

Just started pouring down rain here, will be interesting to see how it affects the crowd at the midnight launch. Hopefully it will be a light crowd.

I'll try to pick up some extra Hammerburst codes for you guys.

Yeah, if I'm able to get my hands on some hammerburst codes I will notify this thread.

Also isn't there going to be NXE Gears 2 themed codes as well? If so I will grab some of those.

Teknoman

I'll see if I can get any extra codes tomorrow (if any) as well.

If not though...some one hold on to one for me just in case.

zaidr

mittelos said:
Just started pouring down rain here, will be interesting to see how it affects the crowd at the midnight launch. Hopefully it will be a light crowd.

I'll try to pick up some extra Hammerburst codes for you guys.

I'd really appreciate one. Toronto's midnight launch events have been cancelled, so if you could pass one my way...?

Facism

im going to feel like shyte tomorrow.

great gam so far, had lag-free online but was immediately bombarded with shit-talking northern-englanders.

filthy lot :p

away from 360, but if you want a solid respectful player in your FL, add me.

Remedy1984

whitehawk

Banned
Costanza said:
Let's get a list going

People who want hammerburst codes:

costanza
h3ro
teknoman
zaidr
flunkie
NameGenerated
Add me on the list, I might need one. If I somehow end up getting one from EB though (im not going to midnight) then ill give it to someone else.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

costanza
h3ro
teknoman
zaidr
flunkie
NameGenerated
whitehawk
Papercuts

Costanza

Banned
Let's get a list going

spermatic cord
Metalic Sand
Voltron64
Nozdeuce
jdub03
polyh3dron
kiUNiT
ergo
Shadowlink123
Linkhero1
p3tran
MThanded
Xamdou
Captain Jebus
Firehead
Shadow780
seat
Stantron
t4ng0
Matrix

instead of flooding the thread with the list, just send me a PM and I'll add you to the original one.

Top Bottom