• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Magnus

gray_fox224 said:
Just got my copy here at a California 7-11 half a mile from my apartment. Super conveience and no lines FTW. Picked up some Diet Coke as well. I'm ready.

You're not ready till you convert back to regular Coke.

h3ro

Heads up, I just got a message that N4G is being hit by people posting spoilers as story titles, so be careful heading over there...

I know Gears doesn't exactly have a MGS style story, but still...

dskillzhtown said:
Just got back from Wal-Mart. I was the only guy there to get it, lol. I got there about 30 minutes early incase there was a line too. Kind of felt like geek #1, but oh well...:lol

They only got 4 LE copies, so good that I went there. They were giving out hammerburst codes along with your choice of a GOW2 koozie, bottle opener, or lanyard. They all looked equally crappy so I went with the lanyard. Looking back on it, I should have gotten the Koozie, atleast I could see myself using that.

Wal-Mart comes through again, and this time no waiting!

I was surprised that there was about 15 people in line when I arrived..My Wal-Mart only got 5 LE copies in too so I picked one up - They actually threw all that junky promotional apparel in my bag but I was baffled as to why there was a koozie and bottle opener? I guess GOW2 fans drink a lot...The lanyard is nice, but I'd rather not look like, Geek #1, as you put it, with that thing on my keychain haha.

But I was surprised with the number of LE they got, quite a small number and I think I got the last one...

Just played the training, game looks great - It's been SOOO long since I've played GEARS so I've got to really get used to the controls again and the gameplay. Should be a fun little experience.

Raein

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I was surprised that there was about 15 people in line when I arrived..My Wal-Mart only got 5 LE copies in too so I picked one up - They actually threw all that junky promotional apparel in my bag but I was baffled as to why there was a koozie and bottle opener? I guess GOW2 fans drink a lot...The lanyard is nice, but I'd rather not look like, Geek #1, as you put it, with that thing on my keychain haha.

But I was surprised with the number of LE they got, quite a small number and I think I got the last one...

Just played the training, game looks great - It's been SOOO long since I've played GEARS so I've got to really get used to the controls again and the gameplay. Should be a fun little experience.

My Wal-Mart had 5 copies of the standard edition, and the first five people out of the seven in line got those five copies...

I was at the end of the line.

Oh well. Going to CCity tomorrow for my free 1600 MS point card.

Burger

I'm just past the first chapter, and these
fucking flying things are smashing my rig. I've tried it about 15 times now and I can't do it. This reaver appears to the left of the vehicle, smashes it 3 times and it's game over, there is nothing I can do to kill it, lancer, shotgun, minigun.
It's fucking me off.

(this is on Hardcore)

Any tips?

mandiller

I just rented it from blockbuster. Played a little of the training by myself. Looks and acts just like Gears 1 (not necessarily a bad thing ;-) ). I'm going to start the campaign now and plough through that before I have to return it tomorrow.

How long is the campaign roughly?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Burger said:
I'm just past the first chapter, and these fucking flying things are smashing my rig. I've tried it about 15 times now and I can't do it. This reaver appears to the left of the vehicle, smashes it 3 times and it's game over, there is nothing I can do to kill it, lancer, shotgun, minigun. It's fucking me off.

(this is on Hardcore)

Any tips?
lets coop stuck on same level it gets harder lol hardcore too

gt AndresON777

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Xamdou said:
So hammerburst codes only for the midnight launch? Any possibility that GS will have extra codes the next morning? ;O

At Wal-Mart they said they would give them out until they were all gone. I have no idea how many they had all together. I would try Wal-Mart as I am sure GS has been packed tonight. I was the only guy at my Wal-MArt.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
There's something weird about the menu system in mine.

When I select an option like Multiplayer or Solo it registers the press, but I can still move the "cursor" up and down for a few seconds before it changes screens.

When I try and resume my campaign it won't load either. I can press "A" as much as I want but it never starts up. It makes the confirmation sound, pauses for a second, and then starts up again. The game isn't frozen, but it won't let me start my campaign. I can still go backwards in the menus.

Anyone have a similar issue?

And if anyone wants to PM a Hammerburst code this way, it'd be appreciated. I'm not desperate for one, so you might as well feed the hungrier. I'm just putting my name out there.

cresto

gray_fox224 said:
I'm just a hardcore gamer who has a passion for fitness.:D
In terms of healthy, Diet Coke is probably worse than reg.

http://www.emaxhealth.com/11/586.html said:
There are two main reasons for the Diet Coke fallacy. First, the sweet taste from Diet Coke elicits an insulin spike, which blocks your ability to burn fat. Second, artificial sweeteners found in Diet Coke disrupt satiety, the feeling of being full. Combined, the actions of Diet Coke go against a healthy lifestyle. Understanding why ensures that we think twice before consuming it.

Best to just stay away from it altogether.

t4ng0

PM'ed my request to Costanza to actually be on the list, if anyone actually checks that...

3 people on my FL already playing this, I need next Thursday to come so I can break down and buy this!

mittelos

OK, sent codes to the folks below. I double- and triple-checked the codes, if any of you guys have trouble though, let me know. Glad to help out the best community on teh interwebz! Look forward to playing with you guys.

h3ro
teknoman
zaidr
flunkie
NameGenerated
whitehawk
Papercuts

cresto

Raein said:
Sorry for the off-topic post, but I love your Avatar.
:) about damn time someone said something.

so i am debating on skipping class in the morning so i can have an early jump on the CC 10 am opening cuz i really would like that LE edition.

terrible situation considering i just got sick in a matter of a few hours.

Costanza

Banned
mittelos said:
OK, sent codes to the folks below. I double- and triple-checked the codes, if any of you guys have trouble though, let me know. Glad to help out the best community on teh interwebz! Look forward to playing with you guys.

h3ro
teknoman
zaidr
flunkie
NameGenerated
whitehawk
Papercuts
I will update the list now :)

Costanza

Banned
People who want hammerburst codes:

spermatic cord
Metalic Sand
Voltron64
Nozdeuce
jdub03
polyh3dron
kiUNiT
ergo
Linkhero1
p3tran
MThanded
Xamdou
Captain Jebus
Firehead
Shadow780
seat
Stantron
t4ng0
Matrix
shaunLEGEND

instead of flooding the thread with the list, just send me a PM and I'll add you to the original one.

Costanza, you could remove me from the list now :D

Edit 2: Guys where do I redeem the code? Do I have to get the game first? or do I redeem on Marketplace?

Not only did my Walmart have the gold Hammerburst codes when I picked up my LE copy, but they also had a bunch of other swag as well. I ended up walking out with Gears of War 2 themed: snap bracelet/cuff, lanyard, and a bottle opener. It isn't the most impressive stuff, but it's pretty good when you aren't expecting anything.

I was in and out of the store in less than 5 minutes. Pretty good considering the GameStop line across the street had hardly even moved in the time it took to get my copy.

Costanza

Banned
Shadowlink123 said:
Costanza, you could remove me from the list now :D

Edit 2: Guys where do I redeem the code? Do I have to get the game first? or do I redeem on Marketplace?
Redeem Code option on marketplace

mittelos

Costanza said:
So mittelos, how in the hell did you manage to convince Gamestop to give you 8 codes? :lol
Hehe. Got 3 of them while waiting in line, and then as I was leaving, one of the employees was standing by the door with a stack of codes. I asked for 5 more, and he hesitated at first, but one of the other employees was like, "he's my boy", so he gave them to me. I do a hella lot of business there and know just about everyone there.

The best part was when they asked me if I was going to sell them. I said nope, they're going to GAF!

Top Bottom