• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

DeadGzuz

Banned
I saw two specials on TV about Gears 2. One was an infomercial on Sci-Fi channel called Sci vs Fi, which was celeb and devs hyping the game. The second was this team based reality combat show full of gamer dorks. Jeff Kealy (sp?) from GT was on both, so much for objectivity huh? that would be like Anderson Cooper from CNN telling you how great Obama was in his infomercial.

DeadGzuz said:
I saw two specials on TV about Gears 2. One was an infomercial on Sci-Fi channel called Sci vs Fi, which was celeb and devs hyping the game. The second was this team based reality combat show full of gamer dorks. Jeff Kealy (sp?) from GT was on both, so much for objectivity huh? that would be like Anderson Cooper from CNN telling you how great Obama was in his infomercial.

The Sci-Fi one was awful. Just a half-hour long commercial for the game, basically. Whatever. I still watched it. What's that say about me? Lol

The Spike show seemed low-budget and half-assed. Then again, I suppose I'm biased being that I was an "alternate". I'm jealous of all the free shit they got, but I thought they were up for winning some kind of cash prize too. Too bad that part didn't pan out for them.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So far... just came with the game. Less than one hour of playtime but....

I am kinda digging it, but not as much as Gears 1.
I am finding the graphics look worse than Gears 1, with way more jaggies and I have noticed quite a fair share of framedrops. Maybe as I progress I will see the newer, more kick ass graphics, but color me unimpressed right now.
I am impressed by the scale.
Like the new tight more focused controls.
Still haven't gone online.

See

Yay bought this morning, just came back from uni, can't wait to get into it. I'm so glad I bought the LE, Halo 3's LE got me worried as a wast of money, but this rocks!

jdub03

Edit: List updated above

Anybody know if player matches are gone? I play split screen with my brother a lot. Actually I only play split screen with my brother in player matches. Can you play split screen ranked matches?

Synless

Costanza your at the top of the list and seeing as how I'm banned from XBL until the 19th and this code needs to be put in before 4 a.m. this morning it's yours. I'm pm'ing it now.

Costanza

Banned
Synless said:
Costanza your at the top of the list and seeing as how I'm banned from XBL until the 19th and this code needs to be put in before 4 a.m. this morning it's yours. I'm pm'ing it now.
Oh damn, really?

Thanks man :) I appreciate it.

next time I have an extra beta key or something I'll send it your way.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Synless said:
The code NEEDS to be input before 4 a.m.? If that's true than count me out.

If not, I still want it :p

Synless

NameGenerated said:
The code NEEDS to be input before 4 a.m.? If that's true than count me out.

If not, I still want it :p
The manager at Meijer said it was in a email of his that he needed to tell everyone that it had to be put in before 4 for it to work.

And with that statement I'm off to pull an all-nighter.

NameGenerated

Synless said:
The manager at Meijer said it was in a email of his that he needed to tell everyone that it had to be put in before 4 for it to work.

I find it hard to believe that they expect everyone to immediately go home and enter it. I'd imagine some would just go to bed after they brought it home.

cresto

NameGenerated said:
I find it hard to believe that they expect everyone to immediately go home and enter it. I'd imagine some would just go to bed after they brought it home.
dont underestimate MS game studios. wouldnt surprise me one bit

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Synless said:

That seems really dumb, they should atleast make it last 24 hours.

Papercuts said:
Let's get a list going

People who want hammerburst codes:

costanza
h3ro
teknoman
zaidr
flunkie
NameGenerated
whitehawk
Papercuts
I want to be in the list, my gamestop isn't having a midnight launch, so it would be nice to get the midnight launch code :D

Linkhero1

you didn't put your name on the list haha ^^

People who want hammerburst code:

costanza
h3ro
teknoman
zaidr
flunkie
NameGenerated
whitehawk
Papercuts
Shadowlink123
Linkhero1

bigswords

Why the heck does MS have to fuck up every big launch LE title. First it was Halo 3 and now my Gears 2 CD is scratched in one corner. Why can't they do it like Fable 2 LE, simple plastic design and easy to take out CDs.

I should have just gotten the normal edition. oh mine is the Asian one, not sure how's the US edition is like.

h3ro

Guys, lets keep the additions to the list going via PMs, I don't want mods getting involved like they did in all the Beta key threads with entire threads being filled with GAF tag lists...

Shadow780

Synless said:

Wait whaaaaat?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Just got back from Wal-Mart. I was the only guy there to get it, lol. I got there about 30 minutes early incase there was a line too. Kind of felt like geek #1, but oh well...:lol

They only got 4 LE copies, so good that I went there. They were giving out hammerburst codes along with your choice of a GOW2 koozie, bottle opener, or lanyard. They all looked equally crappy so I went with the lanyard. Looking back on it, I should have gotten the Koozie, atleast I could see myself using that.

Wal-Mart comes through again, and this time no waiting!

FrankT

Just got back from the local GS. Line was as long as GTA IV. So for an exclusive title the games sales are going to be tits.

Now time for some fun.

mittelos

I got 7 extra codes. I'm driving home now, and I'll start PMing based on the list in about 15-20 minutes. No mention on the card about a 4am deadline (how would that even work with different timezones?) but I guess better safe than sorry.

Flunkie

Banned
mittelos said:
I got 7 extra codes. I'm driving home now, and I'll start PMing based on the list in about 15-20 minutes. No mention on the card about a 4am deadline (how would that even work with different timezones?) but I guess better safe than sorry.
You are awesome.

NameGenerated

mittelos said:
Nice!

Linkhero1

mittelos said:
We need more ppl like him so I can get a code :p

h3ro

mittelos said:

<3<3<3

YOU ROCK.

Xamdou

So hammerburst codes only for the midnight launch? Any possibility that GS will have extra codes the next morning? ;O

what's the "Hammerburst" code for?

so torn, desperately want to pick this up on my way home from work but I never finished the first one and I hate going into sequals without seeing the previous game all the way through.

gray_fox224

Just got my copy here at a California 7-11 half a mile from my apartment. Super conveience and no lines FTW. Picked up some Diet Coke as well. I'm ready.

Top Bottom