• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Aladuf

Banned
Just taking a break real fast because I've been going for 3 hours.. the game felt weird at first, just controlling it was tricky but now it's as comfortable as could be. Multiplayer was fun as hell earlier and I love Blood Drive, such a good map. Campaign is completely awesome so far, and of course the game looks incredible.

Aladuf

Banned
bigswords said:
Just to ask, if you put in the code for the golden weapons....is there a way to switch them off?
You have the option to choose either the golden or normal version of the weapon every time.

Costanza said:
All the midnight launches are handing out codes for a gold-plated hammerburst gun. It's pretty ugly but kinda cool to have.

I thought you already got a gold gun with the LE, is this one different? if that's the case then it's pretty lame.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Linkzg said:
I thought you already got a gold gun with the LE, is this one different? if that's the case then it's pretty lame.

Golden Lancer with LE, Golden Hammerburst if you go to a midnight launch.

Darkman M

So it's different from the gold lancer you get for the LE edition? If so i would like one of these codes if anyone has extras thanks.

Ubersnug

*peaks in*

Any more of those Hammerburst codes going please?

Much kudos and free (pretend) cake to anyone who can accommodate me!

Acidote

No problems for me to download the Golden Lancer.

About my story progression...

WOW, the giant worm level is LEGEN... wait for it... DARY!!! It's fun when you get out of it puking it's blood :lol

Sectus

Ugh, some of the new modes has CoD-4 esque respawns at times. I just had both teams respawn at the exact same place at the same time. And after that I respawned right next to an enemy 2 times in a row. Guardian and Submission seems to be the only modes which get this problem.

tenchir

Went to the midnight launch at bestbuy and got some cool swag. Got a shirt, a cap, and the hammerburst code. Unfortunately they don't have the tank yet and had to give us raincheck. I hope they don't run out when i pick it up tomorrow evenning because one of the cashier was also giving the tank raincheck to customer who ordered the standard edition.

edit: Damnit, I can't download the gold lancer!!

Just got a Hammerburst code from a friend, and can confirm they work in the UK if anyone was interested.

Can't say for sure about anywhere else in EU though.

Taking my sweet time going after the collectables and soaking in the beauty of the game. Just finished Act I and already very much in-love with the game.

Costanza

Banned
tenchir said:
Went to the midnight launch at bestbuy and got some cool swag. Got a shirt, a cap, and the hammerburst code. Unfortunately they don't have the tank yet and had to give us raincheck. I hope they don't run out when i pick it up tomorrow evenning because one of the cashier was also giving the tank raincheck to customer who ordered the standard edition.
Apparently 255 Best Buys didn't get their tank shipment for launch. I bet I get screwed over tomorrow. Always fucking happens.

Agyar

Burger said:
I'm just past the first chapter, and these
fucking flying things are smashing my rig. I've tried it about 15 times now and I can't do it. This reaver appears to the left of the vehicle, smashes it 3 times and it's game over, there is nothing I can do to kill it, lancer, shotgun, minigun.
It's fucking me off.

(this is on Hardcore)

Any tips?

Friend and I just got up to this bit in Coop on Hardcore. What the fuck. No matter what we do
the reaver just keeps flying at us and bashing us until it does it three times and we die. Even if we cap the dudes on top it before it comes in for its second bash, it still just stays up even with one of us pumping it from the minigun and the other with a lancer.

Are we missing something?

adizzy615

Neo Member
Acidote said:
No problems for me to download the Golden Lancer.

About my story progression...

WOW, the giant worm level is LEGEN... wait for it... DARY!!! It's fun when you get out of it puking it's blood :lol

That level was so awesome.

Dirtbag

Agyar said:
Friend and I just got up to this bit in Coop on Hardcore. What the fuck. No matter what we do
the reaver just keeps flying at us and bashing us until it does it three times and we die. Even if we cap the dudes on top it before it comes in for its second bash, it still just stays up even with one of us pumping it from the minigun and the other with a lancer.

I knew that shit was going to piss people off...
There are about 5-6 more moments like that in the campaign that will totally piss you off.
Like to the point of throwing a controller.

The turrets are totally inconsistent. Just get through it any way you can.
People will try and tell you that you are doing something wrong, but you aren't. Some poor design decisions in a few spots no matter what the hardcores will have you believe.

Just a note, for you Canucks out there that doesn't read the Canada gaming deal thread:

Canadian LE packaging has french artbook as the Hardcover. The softcover artbook attached to the back is the english one.

Definitely disappointed in that.

Proc

AlphaTwo00 said:
Just a note, for you Canucks out there that doesn't read the Canada gaming deal thread:

Canadian LE packaging has french artbook as the Hardcover. The softcover artbook attached to the back is the english one.

ewww. thanks for the heads up. I was going to get it for the packaging mainly to because I think the gold lancers look like shit.

Sailor

Agyar said:

This happened to me and my friend also, 2 times until we did it. He was just on the turret and I kept shotgunning the hell out of it..

Proc said:
ewww. thanks for the heads up. I was going to get it for the packaging mainly to because I think the gold lancers look like shit.
Worst for me, my LE was the top box, and when I opened it, it's has an authentic "war torn" feel to the metal tin.

PARANO1A

HoTHiTTeR said:
Is anyone else getting a live error when they go to download the golden lancer? It stalls @ 1% then throws a live error code 80070570 :\ my maps and golden hammerburst were no problem...wtf.

edit: I guess I'm not the only one w/ a problem http://forums.xbox.com/2/23845722/ShowPost.aspx#23845722
I had the same problem. I went to my download history in profile to retry my download and got an error saying my code has already been redeemed. Fuck this shit Microsoft, you better solve this shit stat >:X

MechDX

Got the game and love it so far but one thing hit me:

When I typed in the code for the MP maps I realized the trade value for this game will be pretty much shit. Im not just talking at Gamestop but forums I trade on as well.:lol

Small thing I have known for a while but it just hit me.

Hawk269

HoTHiTTeR said:
Is anyone else getting a live error when they go to download the golden lancer? It stalls @ 1% then throws a live error code 80070570 :\ my maps and golden hammerburst were no problem...wtf.

edit: I guess I'm not the only one w/ a problem http://forums.xbox.com/2/23845722/ShowPost.aspx#23845722

Good, it is not just me. I have the same issue. After it failed and gave me the error I tried the hammerburst or whatever it is called and it worked, then I downloaded the map pack and it worked, then I did the theme and that worked...but for some reason the lancer gives me an error.

I know many of you may know this, but for the less talented...once you key in the code, you cannot rekey it in, it comes back as invalid. So if you entered the code and received an error when it tried to download, you have to go to your download history and try to download it from there since the code is technically already used.

I have tried on and off for the last 20 min and no go for the lancer.

DarkJC

AlphaTwo00 said:

:(

Hawk269

AlphaTwo00 said:
Worst for me, my LE was the top box, and when I opened it, it's has an authentic "war torn" feel to the metal tin.

What...it is not a tin, but if it is dented, that fucker must of been used in a sick baseball game. That steel case is pretty tough to dent up, so they must of really fucked around with it to make it get dented. I would of asked for another one.

Hawk269

PARANO1A said:
I had the same problem. I went to my download history in profile to retry my download and got an error saying my code has already been redeemed. Fuck this shit Microsoft, you better solve this shit stat >:X

Did it actually say the code was used from the download history? I don't get that, I get an error code saying that the download cannot be done at this time to try later. Status Code: 80070570.

The redemption error is when you try to re-enter the code from the redeem, when you do that it comes back as invalid.

I just tried again and same error code.

Sailor

MechDX said:
Got the game and love it so far but one thing hit me:

When I typed in the code for the MP maps I realized the trade value for this game will be pretty much shit. Im not just talking at Gamestop but forums I trade on as well.:lol

Small thing I have known for a while but it just hit me.

Why would you want to trade this game in though, lol.

Never played the first Gears here..so I went in blindfolded and I'm really loving it. Campaign is amazing, the co-op experience is really awesome. I like how we split up also and help each other along the way.

I've also played 1-1 with my friend, and it's pretty fun also :D

Hawk269 said:
What...it is not a tin, but if it is dented, that fucker must of been used in a sick baseball game. That steel case is pretty tough to dent up, so they must of really fucked around with it to make it get dented. I would of asked for another one.
It's not the Gears 1 Giant Tin box. It's the slim tin cases, like the one for Lost Planet, or Devil May Cry.

It's like the wrinkled sheetmetal, nothing serious, and I'm too lazy to complain about just that.

Hawk269

AlphaTwo00 said:
It's not the Gears 1 Giant Tin box. It's the slim tin cases, like the one for Lost Planet, or Devil May Cry.

It's like the wrinkled sheetmetal, nothing serious, and I'm too lazy to complain about just that.

Yeah, that is not tin...it is actually a pressed steel case..but regardless for yours to be fucked up must of really took some effort...especially wrinkled...the only thing that would do that is the press that made them...hell, you might have a first run edition....the first one that ran through the machine....save it...it may be worth something :D :D

Wollan

Just came back home with a copy.

If you are Norwegian you better buy at or pricematch Elkjøp.
Selling the game for 399nok (standard game price is 599nok).

I pricematched this at GAME, also had 5x PS2 SingStar games that I traded in which became 90nokx5. Feel like I walked home with a free game, also picked up LBP as it launched today.

Hawk269 said:
Yeah, that is not tin...it is actually a pressed steel case..but regardless for yours to be fucked up must of really took some effort...especially wrinkled...the only thing that would do that is the press that made them...hell, you might have a first run edition....the first one that ran through the machine....save it...it may be worth something :D :D
:lol I'll post some pictures later if I do get annoyed with it enough.

Hawk269

After playing Gears 2 and getting to the final chapter of Act 2 ( I know I am not far), I decided to play some Gears 1 and let me tell you there is a world of difference visually between the two games. The intro part to Gears 2 was a little too much like Gears 1, but once you go outside and you get into Act 2, holy shit the visuals just blow you away.

But playing a bit of Gears 1 you really appreciate how far Cliff and the kids were able to really push the envelope with this game.

So...is Gears 3 a 360 game or a future console? We know it is coming in 2 years...

Hawk269

donkey show said:
Agh, freaking Tickers!!!

Love this game. :D

I am an old school gamer and for some reason, fucking bats always were the pisser in any game...I think tickers are the new pest in gaming...I hate those fuckers with a passion...they are quick and manuever like a fucking snake.

Top Bottom