• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Facism

I had my first gears2 match last night. And it was lagless. We beat down some rank 3 smacktalking jive turkeys and they went all silent until the game was over.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Wollan said:
How do you know what Act you're on? Just finished the
snow town
The top word changes when it shows chapter titles on screen. You just finished Act 1.

Darklord

Banned
Some of the cutscenes have really shitty animations. The first one when you and dom are talking looks like shit. The woman, anya I think she's called has the facial animations of a character in The Sims 2. In-game at seems find though...

f@luS

More than a member.
going through act 2 . Excellent game. It really tops gow 1 (which is still one of my favourite game on this generation). Havent touched yet the MP (still have it bad from gow 1) but i will. Havent sleep this night (busy playing) and now im so tired at work.

Bad timing though , here in france monday/tuesday are free and so ill have my gf preventing me from playing....gotta find a way to play without her seeing me. Gotta...

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
sionyboy said:
I've been through the options but I can't find an option for "Vibrant" colour settings (like the first one) Is this option no longer there?
No, it's been taken out.

This game seriously doesn't need it, though.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Darklord said:
Some of the cutscenes have really shitty animations. The first one when you and dom are talking looks like shit. The woman, anya I think she's called has the facial animations of a character in The Sims 2. In-game at seems find though...

Well at least she isn't as ugly looking as she was in the first game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
2 more hours till I pick it up from Toys R Us. Rather go for the $15 GC than a 1600 point card. I have more than enough points as it is

xray49er

I fell as leep last night and woke up areound 2 so i missed the midnight launch now i am stuck at work for another 8 hours. Life is cruel

bumpkin

VICTORY IS MINE! Scored a copy via the midnight release at Wally World. Strangely enough, I scored the last LE. It was meant to be. :D

n706468581_1609918_402.jpg

Now I just have to get through the work day and it'll be time to kick some locust ass!

Darklord

Banned
How do I unlock Carmine? I have the Gears 1 achievement but he isn't unlocked. :|

Do I have to go into multiplayer first or something?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Darklord said:
How do I unlock Carmine? I have the Gears 1 achievement but he isn't unlocked. :|

Do I have to go into multiplayer first or something?
I got all the Gears 1 stuff as soon as I loaded up Gears 2.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Played with Aluduf and others last night for about 1.5 hours against some bots and then played with Gunstar for a while on Wingman. My Gears skills are quite rusty and not knowing the maps is not helping. I like what I saw initially. Looking forward to more time with the game this weekend.

Love the photo feature. I took a great snapshot of someone blasting someone to shreds just as it happened.

Oh my ... picked it up at midnight. Got home and 10+ friends online with it all in the menus, you could tell they had all just got home with it also. We got into a Horde game... played till my eyes could not take it. This game is amazing, so polished and a BLAST with friends. We never even touched matchmaking or the campaign yet.

Now I am stuck at work dreaming of playing more tonight. Thank you Epic for this fantastic game.

My friend picked it up at midnight, just finished it with him on coop hardcore. It was pretty damn good, but there are definitely a few frustrating moments.

Macattk15

Hey guys, quick question.

About how long is single player supposed to be? I'll most likely be picking this game up after I finish off Resistance 2.

Brakara

AgentOtaku said:
No Kojima productions "Spoiler warning" on the disc?

The LE disc states that there's spoiler material on it.

Wollan said:
How do you know what Act you're on? Just finished the
snow town

The title for all acts/chapters are described in the War Journal, under Collectables.

Something weird happened at the cutscene prior to Act 2 - wondering if anyone else experienced this: The game froze for a minute, audio looping, but after about 30 seconds it cut back in and resumed as normal. Weird, I hope this game doesn't blow my X360 up, it;s already as loud as a fucking helicopter, and the disc drive sounds like a leaf blower -- Wasn't there supposed to be a patch available at launch or was I misinformed?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Heads-up for the Europeans and others who had problems with downloading the Golden Lancer and Golden Hammerburst - as expected, they work now on the official release date for Gears 2!

Just downloaded them, and now it's time to get back to where I left off in Campaign!

JB1981

How is the host advantage, people?

We all know the game itself is going to be pretty awesome, but this was the biggest question concerning most players of the original. What's the word?

sinnergy

Gig said:
Carmine!!!!!! :(

Again :lol

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Something weird happened at the cutscene prior to Act 2 - wondering if anyone else experienced this: The game froze for a minute, audio looping, but after about 30 seconds it cut back in and resumed as normal. Weird, I hope this game doesn't blow my X360 up, it;s already as loud as a fucking helicopter, and the disc drive sounds like a leaf blower -- Wasn't there supposed to be a patch available at launch or was I misinformed?

Nope, runs fine here.

Merguson

Banned
Jonsoncao said:
have 7:30am morning class to teach...........

or i would have been to the midnight launch.............sadface

Pretend to teach them about the principles and issues of video gaming and play Gears of War 2 secretly.

Teacher: So students... as I demonstrate this video game.. I ask you all to- oh yeah I fucking chainsawed that bitch- uh write down any issues you think are relevant and hand in it later.

Shit, guys. I played this fucker until 5:30 this morning! I can't believe I made it to class. The game is beyond incredible. Once you get used to the new tweaks, you're fucking set. It's so fluid and fleshed out. fapfapfap

sinnergy said:
Again :lol

Nope, runs fine here.

Alright, probably just my machine then or something. It wasn't a serious issue I was just curious if this has happened to anyone else. I remember reading some 'twitter' post by Cliff and he said that the game was "blowing up" their machines -- really don't want that to happen.

But yea, the game looks phenomenal and no doubt it has a nicer touch than GOW1 IMO - after ACT 1 you really see a difference. Is it me or is there a different color palette used in GOW2?

EDIT: Argh, just got the dreaded "Disc is unreadable" error...

jdub03

Costanza said:
Let's get a list going

People who want hammerburst codes:

spermatic cord
Metalic Sand
Voltron64
Nozdeuce
jdub03
polyh3dron
kiUNiT
ergo
Shadowlink123
Linkhero1
p3tran
MThanded
Xamdou
Captain Jebus
Firehead
Shadow780
seat
Stantron
t4ng0
Matrix

instead of flooding the thread with the list, just send me a PM and I'll add you to the original one.

Lets post this once per page so people who haven't seen it will be able to see it without going through lots of pages.

jdub03 said:
Lets post this once per page so people who haven't seen it will be able to see it without going through lots of pages.

Are the hammerburst codes one-time use? Also, I have an extra 48-hr trial code if anyone wants.

Aladuf

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
Shit, guys. I played this fucker until 5:30 this morning! I can't believe I made it to class. The game is beyond incredible. Once you get used to the new tweaks, you're fucking set. It's so fluid and fleshed out. fapfapfap
You made it to class?! I saw you playing it forever and I just figured you said "fuck it". I had to call it quits at around 5, I was getting tired. Now, with a solid 4 1/2 hours of sleep I think I'm about ready to get back into it.

_dd_

Anybody have a spare hammerburst code? I wouldn't mind one if you do.

Damn this game is awesome. The graphics are craaazy underground. Oh Gears 3 I cannot wait!

*Edit*

I think my name should be a the top of that list.

Sean

Banned
Me and a buddy have been playing through it co-op since just after midnight... we stopped and have to finish the rest later - this game is much longer compared to the first.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just played some MP and yes, I still suck at it. Hmph. I think the new Training Ground botmatch stuff is fantastic though, lets me enjoy a gears-multi type exerience without the sitting about and doing nothing that signified my previous gears games.

Mohonky

The multiplayer options for this game are fucked from what I've seen. No option to search locally, no ping indicator, no option to even opt for what room you join.

I'm sure I'll be getting plenty of random matches with 2 second shot delays. Should be fun.

Costanza

Banned
I got Best Buy to price match Circuit City's free points card offer. Too bad they wouldn't combine it with the r/c tank. Oh well.

Downloading the flashback maps now and I'll check out the game in a bit. Is the Lancer code still fucked up?

unomas

Banned
I just cashed in my points card a few minutes ago, definitely a great deal. Geometry Wars 2 or something else is calling my name ;)

Aladuf said:
You made it to class?! I saw you playing it forever and I just figured you said "fuck it". I had to call it quits at around 5, I was getting tired. Now, with a solid 4 1/2 hours of sleep I think I'm about ready to get back into it.
Haha I almost did. I'm gonna have to get a huge ass coffee when I leave here.

Sean said:
Me and a buddy have been playing through it co-op since just after midnight... we stopped and have to finish the rest later - this game is much longer compared to the first.
Seriously. I'm impressed with the length so far. The first two acts took me about four hours on Hardcore.

Top Bottom