• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to play anything right now im heading on, add me. giancarlo123x
So according to the event list snipers only this weekend? Hell yeah!
I can bet they will leave the stupid gnasher in so it will be the same old shit.

giancarlo123x said:
I can bet they will leave the stupid gnasher in so it will be the same old shit.

FUCK! Why did it have to be this weekend? Skyrim :(

Apoc87 said:
Dont know if it's been posted, but epic is doing 20xp on gears 2 until monday, nov 14th.
I didn't really enjoy Gears 2 MP, but thanks for the heads up. What do you get exactly? Just the gold weapons?

zlatko

Banned
StalkerUKCG said:
How can it be an onyx medal, think about stuff before you post.

I think he means in Gears 3 there is an onyx medal on the top row for people who reached level 100 in Gears 2.

mernst23

zlatko said:
I think he means in Gears 3 there is an onyx medal on the top row for people who reached level 100 in Gears 2.

Technically if we want to split hairs it's not an Onyx Medal, as there aren't 4 levels to the medal, either you earn it or you don't. Like the Beta Medal or Playing a Casual Match online so you can play ranked, or the embry star or seriously 3.0.

Apoc87 said:
Thanks, zlatko.

Think about stuff before you post, stalker.

Its not an onyx medal it dosnt count towards the onyx medal achievement so its not an onyx medal it cant be any more simple.

I did think thanks.

zlatko

Banned
StalkerUKCG said:
Its not an onyx medal it dosnt count towards the onyx medal achievement so its not an onyx medal it cant be any more simple.

I did think thanks.

Ah cool. I just remember seeing that you do get a Medal for the Gears 2 level 100.

Some people hating in this thread. Can't we all just get along and agree that SOS makes you blow your load early in real life and in game? ;)

Edit: @ The junior above me. Wait...wut? Wasn't it already explained to you that turbo controllers do nothing for the hammy in this game, and are actually capped out at a certain amount, so that you are actually going to see better results doing it manually? Or is there some new info about this I'm not aware of ?

alexel

XBOX HIVES said:
Wow everyone is so pissy in this thread. Can't wait to see how you people react to my turbo controller hammy online.

Bro, THIRSTS WILL BE AWAKENED (namely mine for a turbo controller to call my own)

zlatko

Banned
What is going on in this thread? Are you guys running into that many chainsaw duels that you need turbo on your B button to win that 1/100 encounter?

; ; The only times I've used turbo is when I troll people online in fighting games with M.Bison and turbo his short.

Moofers

"Turbo controlled hammy" puts this image into my mind:
51wht6UNroL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And I'm still playing Horde exclusively. Somebody up there ^^ asked. In fact, I met a cool group of players last night who regularly play it on Insane. I figured I'd never complete all 50 waves on Insane, but last night we got up to 37 before we had a disconnect issue and we all called it a night. Its crazy how much those mutators make Insane worth playing.

Got everything maxed but the Silverback now. Question about Command Center strikes though:

I know that on Checkout, I saw two Onyx gaurds using the Vulcan up at the top of the gap in the middle. However, my strikes are always Snipers, Mortars, Hammer of Dawn in that order. I've never called in the Onyx guys with a Vulcan. How did that happen? Do the strikes change depending on the maps?

Screw the alpha playlist, every single damn match people quit. It was just me and 3 dumbass computers vs 4 assholes on koh that didnt want to end the match so they farmed kills for 20 mins. What a rage inducing moment.

smilebig1337 said:
Two Triples in 51 Seconds

Pfff, sorry bro but after my gnasher-quad on alpha against the whole team using Lancers on me at the center of Hotel (and to break the zone by myself when they were at 145 points or something like that) I'm hard to impress.

If you ever get a quinn with a single frag or boomshoot, then that will be cool. Boltok hat-tricks are nice as well.

:p

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Montresor said:
This probably won't help, but I might as well say it anyway. A couple of weeks ago, after having played Gears of War 3 for quite a bit and seeing the un-acquired Chrome Lancer gnawing at my soul from the War Journal, I loaded up Gears 1 and (with help) got the Don't Hate The Player (DHTP) achievement.

The War Journal says the Chrome Lancer unlocks if you've earned the DHTP achievement from Gears 1. But afterwards, when I loaded up Gears 3, it didn't unlock for me. I could not use the Chrome Lancer. It didn't unlock until the next day. After pushing start to go the main menu, a message popped up on the bottom-right-hand corner telling me I unlocked the Chrome Lancer.

Well, the War Journal only checks once per day, so you probably missed the check time the first time.

2San

zlatko said:
Edit: @ The junior above me. Wait...wut? Wasn't it already explained to you that turbo controllers do nothing for the hammy in this game, and are actually capped out at a certain amount, so that you are actually going to see better results doing it manually? Or is there some new info about this I'm not aware of ?
Yeah, but the modding community is well aware of that. They pretty much modded the turbo to function as randomized presses to by pass the cap.

zlatko

Banned
2San said:
Yeah, but the modding community is well aware of that. They pretty much modded the turbo to function as randomized presses to by pass the cap.

Ah I see. I figured that'd be the case. Seems like an expensive project just to get a tiny edge with your hburst online.

2San

zlatko said:
Ah I see. I figured that'd be the case. Seems like an expensive project just to get a tiny edge with your hburst online.
Yeah, but there's pretty much a market for everything these days. :|

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
the command center in horde is awesome

I was on overpass and we had a bunch of fences on the stairs with a queue of guys smashing them to pieces when someone hit the button and the hammer just wrecked everything. It was hilarious.

I'm glad I got the dlc now. horde is that much more fun.

Montresor

Stared a private horde match on Blood Drive. Hardcore, super reload, must active reload, enemy regeneration.

GT is LordOdadjian I could use some gaffers! =p

edit: Done for the night. I only made it to wave 10 then gave up with the settings above. I settled for matchmaking.

Teknoman

giancarlo123x said:

Should still be pretty interesting.

Anyone else getting lots of lag in KOTH. It has been pretty bad the past few days.

I'd love to try out the command center and whatnot but every time I join a matchmade game everyone quits and I get a ranked disconnect :/

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Just played about 12 Execution Alpha matches in a row. This is really taking me back to 07, and that's a beautiful thing.

It was the first time since Gears 1 that I felt frantic shit happening in 1v1 or 2v1 battles and actually got kind of excited about it.

RedSwirl

What the fuck Epic why can't I play a PC version of Horde 2.0 with a server browser?! (and DX11)

That's the main reason why I'm anticipating MW3 Spec Ops Survival now.

Kajiba

WickedLaharl said:
Anyone else getting lots of lag in KOTH. It has been pretty bad the past few days.

I'd love to try out the command center and whatnot but every time I join a matchmade game everyone quits and I get a ranked disconnect :/

Yesterday morning was bad. Laggy ass hell in koth and it was only that playlist too. The other ones were not bad at all.

Addnan

Anilusion said:
Does the big weapon skin pack on XLB include every single skin, or just the ones that you can buy?
The ones you can buy.

The ones that need to be unlocked through specific requirements eg Veteran Gear can not be bought.

Lunchbox said:
they taking kills off my teams man whats going on it was 10-9 now its 9-9

they taking kills off me or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLvBjCTBAgA#t=6m50s

I get the whole idea is that he is loud and he is funny and stuff but it really isnt working well, i mean who honestly thinks this guy has a comedic bone in his body. Its nothing but hamming up to the camera and pandering for "rage views". I mean seriously he knew what was happening with the kills it takes less than 3 seconds to work out. His team STARTS with 15 points.

Anilusion said:
Does the big weapon skin pack on XLB include every single skin, or just the ones that you can buy?

I dont think the green skins are included. Or the liquid metal ones. Neither are team plasma and camo from the horde DLC. not sure if the crimson omen lancer is.

Edit: Double posting cause im a boss
sorry

h3ro

*buys Horde DLC the second it's released*

*hasn't played a single wave yet*

feels bad man. Onyx Guard looks like such a badass.

h3ro said:
*buys Horde DLC the second it's released*

*hasn't played a single wave yet*

feels bad man. Onyx Guard looks like such a badass.
I hate the onyx guard. Epic has just taken some other character's voice (COG gear I think) and pitched it. It sounds ridiculous.

AndyMoogle said:
I hate the onyx guard. Epic has just taken some other character's voice (COG gear I think) and pitched it. It sounds ridiculous.

Doesn't change the fact he still LOOKS BADASS. He has a few funny lines of dialogue though.

h3ro

Adam Blade said:
... >_>

I wonder why...

Real life has intervened. Be happy for me, I had a really good weekend. :lol

I'm ready for some Gears though, Adam. Let's set this up. Message me if you catch me online. I'll probably be playing some Forza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom