• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montresor

I'm so glad MW3 has no multiplayer achievements. I loved the fuck out of MW1 and MW2 single player campaigns, and getting the last spec-ops achievements with my brother was incredibly satisfying.

Problem is I've been neglecting Arkham City (which I already own) because of Gears 3, so I won't get MW3 for a loooooooooong time. Too much horde to play.

TRios Zen

ViewtifulJC said:
Well, CoD MW3 has arrived. Lets see how many of the Gears of War fanbase sticks around.

Gears 3 treats me just bad enough so that other games tempt me, but good enough to keep me coming back for more.

I may spend some time dallying with the other woman (MW3) but will always return to my true love.

...true story too.

I think Epic made a mistake not releasing multiplayer maps first instead of Horde maps with COD and BF releasing in the last few weeks. This maps are getting kinda dull.

Fuck off, IW. It's EXACTLY THE SAME DATED AND JUVENILE GAME. It irks me to no end that people are lapping this shit up and ignoring a truly unique and beautifully realised product in GoW3.

:'(

X-Frame

Proposed Law said:
I think Epic made a mistake not releasing multiplayer maps first instead of Horde maps with COD and BF releasing in the last few weeks. This maps are getting kinda dull.

Maybe they figured it didn't matter at this point because nothing would steal the attention back to them. So they wait until the hype dies and then release their MP maps.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
ViewtifulJC said:
Well, CoD MW3 has arrived. Lets see how many of the Gears of War fanbase sticks around.

Imma play the shit out of MW3, BF3, Skyrim and the Ghost Recon beta. I haven't played Gears vs mode in about 4 weeks, played some horde though.

Doesn't mean I'm not a fan and won't inevitably return. I put 200+ hours into gears within the first few weeks. It needed a rest. ;)

malfcn said:
I am curious about this 'Impossible Mission"

Gonna be some stupid shit to unlock the flaming retro.

Robbie Slater.

Ex-Australian Soccer Player.

Locust.

Robbie_Slater.jpg

malfcn

Didn't want to bump this again, but holy sheet are the servers bad today. I would have thought the dedicated servers would be working better with all the casual noobs leaving to MW3 and such.

malfcn said:
Didn't want to bump this again, but holy sheet are the servers bad today. I would have thought the dedicated servers would be working better with all the casual noobs leaving to MW3 and such.

Last night was the first obvious server outage that I've experienced since release. It was lame. Funnily enough, MW3 also refused to find any games. Battlefield ended up providing.

unomas

Banned
Trying to rank up faster by playing King of the Hill, I'm up to a 44, but god this feels like it's gonna take forever. Still loving my Retro and Sawed Off, but I'll occasionally use the Gnasher as well, especially in King of the Hill.

unomas

Banned
ViewtifulJC said:

Haha, yeah my copy of MW3 came today, but I'll be playing both as much as I can. MW3 is going to be huge, but with Gears being a different kind of shooter I think it will maintain a good chunk of it's fanbase and build upon it when the Christmas season hits.

unomas said:
Trying to rank up faster by playing King of the Hill, I'm up to a 44, but god this feels like it's gonna take forever. Still loving my Retro and Sawed Off, but I'll occasionally use the Gnasher as well, especially in King of the Hill.

Is KotH the only mode to where I can rank up fast?

overcast

Just beat the campaign. I felt it was a blast all the way through. Didn't like the
Marcus' dad causing the war plotline. Ending was done okay enough. Marcus being completely done with the fighting and what not.
To say the least this is certainly the last game in the series.. I think.

Haven't even touched any of the other modes. Obviously that is where he meat is. Expecting to pour hours into MP.

zlatko

Banned
-PXG- said:
I log on, with 27 friends online. Find out most are playing MW3

Fuck ya'll

:p How could we resist that crack rock?

I gotta say I had serious doubts bout it too, and I played for about 15 hours straight. Gahd damn! Way better than MW2/Blops. :p

malfcn said:
You can play through 2-2 to the last check point and reload it. I went from 79-100 easily.
What's the point of doing that? You'll easily get to level 100 by just playing normally.

I think that the XP required for level 100 is still too low. I gain at least one level every night, and I'll get my wings in a few days.

h3ro said:
Real life has intervened. Be happy for me, I had a really good weekend. :lol

I'm ready for some Gears though, Adam. Let's set this up. Message me if you catch me online. I'll probably be playing some Forza.

Maybe sometime this weekend?

X-Frame said:
Excuse to permanently demote the SOS to a pick-up only now right?

Nobody would care ..
Plenty of people would care. The Alpha playlist isn't even close to being the most played playlist, so obviously a lot of people aren't bothered by the SOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom