• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they went pretty damn grindish with the horde stuff. One of the reasons I want to play it less than in 2 :/

_dementia said:
lol, I don't even have the Silverback yet.

Let me tell you something: One Theron arrow at wave 20 something destroys like a third of the silverback. I personally find it a waste of money because you can either rape with it or get it fucked up in 30 seconds. It costs a fortune to rebuy it too.

TRios Zen

_dementia said:
lol, I don't even have the Silverback yet.

HAHA, I put all my money into fortifications (level 8) and turrets (ALMOST level 7). My decoy's are still at level 2 (no sentry guns unlocked) and the Silverback is at Level 1.

I play with a buddy who put all his money into decoys and sentry's so it works out pretty good when we Horde it up together.

TRios Zen said:
HAHA, I put all my money into fortifications (level 8) and turrets (ALMOST level 7). My decoy's are still at level 2 (no sentry guns unlocked) and the Silverback is at Level 1.

I play with a buddy who put all his money into decoys and sentry's so it works out pretty good when we Horde it up together.
I'm at:
barrier 6
turrets 2
decoy 3
sentry 3

Moofers

^^ Sentries are better at high levels. And really, everything is fragile once you get past wave 30. A single ticker will fuckin wipe out a decoy, turret, sentry, fence, etc.

Got everything maxed but the silverback myself. I LOOOVE making Onyx Guard decoys. I don't know why, but I get a huge boner off seeing my 5-man team turn into a 7-man team. Theyre nearly useless on boss waves, but every other wave they really help out.

Moofers said:
^^ Sentries are better at high levels. And really, everything is fragile once you get past wave 30. A single ticker will fuckin wipe out a decoy, turret, sentry, fence, etc.

Got everything maxed but the silverback myself. I LOOOVE making Onyx Guard decoys. I don't know why, but I get a huge boner off seeing my 5-man team turn into a 7-man team. Theyre nearly useless on boss waves, but every other wave they really help out.
Damn, sounds like I need to start upgrading my decoys.

Moofers said:

Dunno, I upgraded to level 4 (I think, the one with two barrels) and it's disappointing :(

Montresor

Maxed out command center fortifications and got 500 rocket kills! Yes! Now I have 1140 gamerscore and just need one more achievement before I move on to Arkham City. I need to perform all the executions and then I'm done. God what a fun game. Horde is amazingly satisfying.

Ballistik

-PXG- said:
Welp, getting Skyrim tonight. Gonna be off Gears for a little bit.
I think we're all going to be away playing other games for awhile. But once those games lose interest, we'll all go right back home to Gears!!

Montresor

Im hearing the Mad World instrumental two rounds in a row in public quick match warzone. Is this normal?

I love that song, especially its use in the campaign.

razu

Montresor said:
Im hearing the Mad World instrumental two rounds in a row in public quick match warzone. Is this normal?

I love that song, especially its use in the campaign.

I think it plays every time you don't shoot the ash people in the previous round. If things are going my way I leave them alone. If I'm having a nightmare, those ashy bastards get it straight away :)

2San

malfcn said:
I am having a problem that I had in Gears 2. Pull the trigger and nothing happens. Nothing.
This only happens to me after I pop shot the wrong way(pressing LT -> RT too fast). I think bullets always comes out the weapon these days even during lag since they made that client side.

Wanted to get a few games in early, but there is barely anybody on :(

I wanna say this to Epic, even though no one maybe reading or even care: Props for a fantastic game. You really took what the community said about Gears 2 to heart and made the changes people wanted to see, while keeping it balanced. I imagine it was tough to do, since you guys probably had you're own vision of what kind of game you wanted, but you still wanted to see the fanbase happy- both the casuals and the hardcore, so you all made the necessary compromises. Adding dedicated servers was awesome of you guys too, nice to see it isn't all about profit margins for some developers and that you care greatly about the quality of your product. Gears 3 is a great game, but even if I didn't like it, I still would respect you guys for how you went about the development process.

I'm done with my love letter, kinda lame of me, but whatever. Just got done with the rush of military fps's and realized I'mma be spending most of time on Gears 3, so yeah, that inspired me to write this.

Robot Pants

computers putin' said:
Wanted to get a few games in early, but there is barely anybody on :(

I wanna say this to Epic, even though no one maybe reading or even care: Props for a fantastic game. You really took what the community said about Gears 2 to heart and made the changes people wanted to see, while keeping it balanced. I imagine it was tough to do, since you guys probably had you're own vision of what kind of game you wanted, but you still wanted to see the fanbase happy- both the casuals and the hardcore, so you all made the necessary compromises. Adding dedicated servers was awesome of you guys too, nice to see it isn't all about profit margins for some developers and that you care greatly about the quality of your product. Gears 3 is a great game, but even if I didn't like it, I still would respect you guys for how you went about the development process.

I'm done with my love letter, kinda lame of me, but whatever. Just got done with the rush of military fps's and realized I'mma be spending most of time on Gears 3, so yeah, that inspired me to write this.

I agree 100%. Gears 2 put them in a tough position, but they did their best - and still are with the alpha playlist - to keep everyone happy.
I do however wish the SOS was never added. Just a bad idea all around and very surprised it made it into the game.

MjFrancis said:
I'm probably down for that. Add Sage MjFrancis on XBL and hopefully I can kick in. I'll know for certain later, just have to make sure I don't have plans.

I bought the Season Pass and I've barely even used any of the DLC... I don't play Horde much though I play Beast pretty consistently.

OK

Anybody else down for Friday 7pm PST? We need three more people. I'll try to ask some friends to get on but it'll be early in the morning so I doubt they'll be on.

adversesolutions said:
OK

Anybody else down for Friday 7pm PST? We need three more people. I'll try to ask some friends to get on but it'll be early in the morning so I doubt they'll be on.

... fuuuuu I have to work starting at 5 PST. Hnghhhh

I'm withdrawing from no Gears. :(

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ballistik said:
I think we're all going to be away playing other games for awhile. But once those games lose interest, we'll all go right back home to Gears!!

Yep, pretty much. Gears and the Gears community ain't going no where.

-PXG- said:
Bummy ass playing MW3...

It's pretty fun. ;)

TRios Zen

Two days of MW3 did nothing for my Gears MP skills. Went K/D negative in my first two TDM games last night...wtf!

I'm no GOD at this game but rarely go negative, so frustrating, yeah. Wanted to rage-quit a couple of times.

So made the jump to KOTH and managed some very respectable matches, culminating in a couple of MVP ribbons to end my night on. Gears is so like golf some time: shits on you for 14/18 holes, but those 4 good ones keep you coming back for more.

Anyone In the Dashboard Beta Program having problems with Gears 3 since the update. Once it gets to the Downloading Playlists section my xbox seems to be crashing

250GB Halo Reach Edition Slim

TRios Zen

StalkerUKCG said:
Anyone In the Dashboard Beta Program having problems with Gears 3 since the update. Once it gets to the Downloading Playlists section my xbox seems to be crashing

250GB Halo Reach Edition Slim

I have not had this problem - did you move your saved games to the cloud?

I did, and while it seemed to take a few seconds longer to get past the "downloading playlists", it didn't crash on me.

REV 09

Game is still awesome online. Props Epic. currently level 94.

the first round of dlc seriously should have had a dlc playlist though, even if they were going free 3 weeks later. that had to be the most uneventful round of dlc that i've ever purchased (season pass). I have no doubt that the season pass will end up being worth the value, but still. The good news is that we're getting 2 extra maps, so i'm not too upset.

TRios Zen said:
I have not had this problem - did you move your saved games to the cloud?

I did, and while it seemed to take a few seconds longer to get past the "downloading playlists", it didn't crash on me.
I had to move my player data to the cloud to get it to boot, hope this dosnt become a common thing. The cloud isnt much use to me id rather have it disabled to be honest.

Snipe/Boltok weekend

plus some info on raamDLC thanks to Vexta on the Epic forums.(sorry if old)
-Instead of the standard HoD mechanic, RAAM's Shadow introduces a new top-down view for targeting.You are able to literally control the Hammer of Dawn Satellite from up in space.

-Barrick will be the main character despite Kim's role as Zeta Leader. And of course, players can take control of the rest of Zeta in Co-op.

-You encounter a young, skinnier Jace Stratton armed with a Baseball bat.

-The buildings are intact, it's odd exploring these cities environments before they are completely destroyed.

-His gameplay will be drastically different from the average soldier. RAAM is surrounded by an aura of Kryll which acts as a bullet sponge while explosions and fire deal the same damage. RAAM can "blast" a column of Kryll at targets, which'll rip them down to the bone in seconds. Players will never run out of Kryll, but swarm ability acts on cool-down. RAAM uses his massive sword in close-quarters combat; he can either swipe it like the Cleaver or charge/impale enemies Retro-Lancer style! RAAM can also preform executions on downed COG

-If you're playing co-op, teammates will assume the control of two Onyx Maulers and one Onyx Theron. The players who play as the Maulers can reflect incoming bullets at opponents with their Boomshields while the Onyx Theron wields a RETRO SAWED OFF SHOTGUN that comes with two blades; allowing players to retro-charge opponents. There is no information about the Retro SOS being in Multiplayer; it's highly likely it'll remain a campaign-only weapon.

TRios Zen

StalkerUKCG said:
I had to move my player data to the cloud to get it to boot, hope this dosnt become a common thing. The cloud isnt much use to me id rather have it disabled to be honest.

Interesting. My profile is NOT on the cloud, as I only have a single 360 right now, and it didn't give me any trouble booting, or otherwise.

I have a slim too (not the Reach edition), so doesn't sound like it would be a hardware thing. Hmmm.

Did you check the connect.microsoft.com Live update preview forums? maybe someone having similar problems there?

Montresor

maxcer0081 said:

That's the one shot one kill event?

Fudge. I was hoping that one bullet, from any gun, shot on any part of the body, would get you a kill. It would have been hilarious to be able to spray a half-second's worth of Lancer fire and get five kills instantly. Or maybe have nothing but snubs with one bullet, and you gain a bullet if you get a kill, kind of like that mode in Black Ops.

Montresor

_dementia said:
Snipe/Boltok doesn't sound too fun for an event. Glad I already have the socialite 'cheevo! trolololo

I think I only need 6 more headshots to finally unlock the Sniper Locust character. So even though I have Socialite already, I'll hit this playlist up.

mernst23

Last night I powered through most of Lvl 7 turrets and need maybe 15k more invested to get the command center. Also hit 75, which isn't bad considering I only play 4 nights a week.

Grinding onyx medals takes forrrreeeeevvvvveerrrrr.

I've been letting the game wingman match boost for me when i'm at work for like 3 weeks now and i still haven't broken 2k matches yet, damn the insane bots are dumb.

Okay guys, I missed out on all the events so far. Did I miss any one time exclusive things such as medals for say, Halloween? Not worried about Socialite, yet.

Also, what's the fastest way to boost fortifications in Horde?

adversesolutions said:
OK

Are you going to play beast on insane today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom