• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition |OT| Welcome back to the army, soldier

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I don't understand why anyone likes the weapon slide. It significantly lowers the risk of picking up a power weapon.

Allforce

Do you get the downloads for Gears 1-2-3-J by just playing Ultimate online? I rented it from GameFly but didn't know if you guys who bought the game got codes inside the box to redeem for those BC titles.

I've seen forum posts on the gears forums linked from Google... apparently some people have received the code and a bunch haven't.

If you do end up getting yours update on here so I can also look.

What actually makes me angry is that Amazon reps have zero clue on what we're taking about or how to fix it.

He told me none of his coworkers play videogames and there isn't a dedicated gaming dept to speak with.

If you look at the product page now too they have dropped mention of the preorder character now that the game has released so i'm not even sure if he believed me in the first place.

No Amazon code. They give themselves a timeframe to deliver them but I don't know the specifics.

Jawmuncher

Its always been that way. Its not meant to charge straight in with, but rather a surprise attack from a corner or from behind. In fact I get a lot of chainsaw kills, at times 2 or 3 in a row. The stun is to remove unskilled users from running straight sponging bullets for a one hit kill.

I still feel the stun is far too long. I understand the complaints of just holding B in a encounter and magically getting a kill. But as I said when I can get barely grazed left alone and then finished off it just feels off to me.

Really I wouldn't be complaining if they at least left it alone for the SP. playing on normal and barely being able to chainsaw stuff is pretty sad.

Ya that thing was a full on Dyson power vac with how far it'd suck you into it.

No I remember. It was mostly just chainsaw glitch

No in the original gears as the top quote says, it was quite powerful. Which is what lead to the complaints and the downgrade of it over the course of the series. It's been awhile, but to be fair the chainsaw has become a weaker and weaker weapon as the series went on.

Nori Chan

5 - Sam
7 - Kantus
10 - Prescott
12 - Miner
15 - Dizzy
17 - Beast Rider
20 - Clayton Carmine
23 - Spotter
25 - Jace
27 - Flame Grenadier
30 - Commando Dom
35 - Savage Grenadier
40 - Golden Gear
45 - Hunter Elite

pizzacat

Banned
I don't understand why anyone likes the weapon slide. It significantly lowers the risk of picking up a power weapon.
Huh? Give me the reasoning for this I don't get it

And lol you guys must have sucked or don't remember correctly when the chainsaw in gears 2 was far superior to any chainsaw in the gears.

Gears 2 chainsaws were insane especially since the lag would just act as a buffer for people who's revved up

Nori Chan

Samantha Byrne - Level 5
Kantus - Level 7
Chairman Prescott - Level 10
Miner - Level 12
Dizzy Wallin - Level 15
Beast Rider - Level 17
Clayton Carmine - Level 20
Spotter - Level 23
Jace Stratton - Level 25
Flame Grenadier - Level 27
Savage Grenadier - Level 35
Golden Gear - Level 40
Hunter Elite - Level 45
Mechanic Baird - Level 50
Dizzy Wallin Farmer - Level 55
Benjamin Carmine - Level 60

No Myrrah :(

Crimson Omen: Record at least one achievement in Gears 1, 2 and 3 on the SAME Gamertag. Only the Gamertag that has done this will be granted the skin. If you have just recently completed this, please allow 7 days for the skin to show up in your inventory.

Dark Omen: Complete the entire campaign on the original Gears of War 1. Only the Gamertag that has done this will be granted the skin. If you have just recently completed this, please allow 7 days for the skin to show up in your inventory.

Mars, Woodland Camo, Venus, Jupiter, Sun, Grease Gun, Racer: Ultimate Edition BETA skins. If you played in the beta at least one day you will receive these skins on ONLY the Gamertag that played in the BETA.

Gold: Play Ultimate Edition at least one day during launch week (ending September 4, 2015). Skins will be granted up to ONE WEEK after September 4th. Skins will not be available before September 4th.

UNLOCKABLE CHARACTERS

Samantha Byrne - Level 5
Kantus - Level 7
Chairman Prescott - Level 10
Miner - Level 12
Dizzy Wallin - Level 15
Beast Rider - Level 17
Clayton Carmine - Level 20
Spotter - Level 23
Jace Stratton - Level 25
Flame Grenadier - Level 27
Savage Grenadier - Level 35
Golden Gear - Level 40
Hunter Elite - Level 45
Mechanic Baird - Level 50
Dizzy Wallin Farmer - Level 55
Benjamin Carmine - Level 60

BETA CHARACTERS

Thrashball Drone: Ultimate Edition BETA character. If you played in the beta at least one day you will receive this character on ONLY the Gamertag that played in the BETA.

Cole Train (Thrashball Cole): Ultimate Edition BETA Saturday Bonus character. If you played on the Saturday in the beta during the planned play period, you will receive this character on ONLY the Gamertag that played during that day in the BETA.

No Skorge, onyx guard or Valera.. Lame

No Skorge, onyx guard or Valera.. Lame

armored kantus, Myrrah, and the young version of Dom, Marcus, Cole, and Baird are missing too :(

Anyone have any tips for shotgun battles? I'm having lot of trouble maneuvering quickly like everyone else online.

put a dot on the middle of your tv screen and when the dot is on your enemy shoot.

on the real though idk i usually try to get them to the middle of my screen before i start firing off crazy and if they miss their shot i try to hit them then shoot since it stuns em

Anyone have any tips for shotgun battles? I'm having lot of trouble maneuvering quickly like everyone else online.
Don't aim. Keep moving side to side and favour the right. Notice when enemies move to the left of you it's easier to get disorientation as your character is on the left side, its hard to explain but always favour the right a little more than the left

nOoblet16

It's disappointing to not have rain in Bulletmarsh and Mansion...like no rain at all ! Even Gears 3's version of Bulletmarsh had rain.
I wonder if Subway is similarly affected.

Madness

It's disappointing to not have rain in Bulletmarsh and Mansion...like no rain at all ! Even Gears 3's version of Bulletmarsh had rain.
I wonder if Subway is similarly affected.

I knew something was off about Subway. The level looked so bland. Now I remember because it's not pouring rain, hearing the puddle steps, seeing the lighting flash in the skybox.

So disappointing. Xbox One truly is a piece of shit. Every game has to suffer because of their decision to use such a weak gpu. I mean H2A couldn't even hit full 1080p/60fps like the rest either. Stuck on some weird 1366x1920 resolution.

Have yet to play Bullet Marsh but without rain just going to feel weird. UE may look shiny and new but it's lost a lot of it's ambience.

I knew something was off about Subway. The level looked so bland. Now I remember because it's not pouring rain, hearing the puddle steps, seeing the lighting flash in the skybox.

So disappointing. Xbox One truly is a piece of shit. Every game has to suffer because of their decision to use such a weak gpu. I mean H2A couldn't even hit full 1080p/60fps like the rest either. Stuck on some weird 1366x1920 resolution.

Have yet to play Bullet Marsh but without rain just going to feel weird. UE may look shiny and new but it's lost a lot of it's ambience.

lol

IISANDERII

I think the game is running the 9yr old version of UE3.

Halo 2 was 1080 in multiplayer just not in campaign due to running both engines at the same time.

Friction

Some of the good MP improvements I've noticed:

- Shotgun, booms and snipes are a lot more consistent.
- Dedicated servers are a dream. Lag and host advantage has been an huge issue for gears. This change alone is worth the purchase.
- Best news. Private matches are on dedi as well.
- LAN games are possible (tried it).

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
did they fix the footstep sounds from the beta? every video I've found has the sound muted and someone gabbing over the top.

ElRenoRaven

So nice to finally get to play the lost section without it running like shit. It was so optimized on PC that it ran like shit. The game would run smooth till that section of the game then it would stutter like hell. Playing it on this version it's nice and smooth and fun as hell. It really adds to the game. The original just had this weird gap and it fills that in perfectly.

We also discovered the melee range for the gnasher is about the size of marcus standing in between the two of us, tad shorter and there's also a chance for said melee to either push you farther away or pull you closer...

so what's causing no damage for the first shots?

Haven't the slightest idea, shot reg seems more consistent if you stare at their shins apparently.

Think my favorite discovery was that there are two distinct pellet patterns for the gnasher, one is diamond shaped and the other is more of an "X" with one or two pellets surrounding the sides.

Madness

When you have a team with all of you having headsets, makes such a huge difference. Last few matches have reminded me of the 06 days when everyone would be micced up, much better teamwork.

Thewonandonly

Really loving this game so far. Gears has always been my favorite series and the multiplayer has been running perfect for me. But damn is that part where you first meet the tourqe bow in the campaign is hard on hardcore :/ been stuck on it for hours.

So disappointing.Xbox One truly is a piece of shit. Every game has to suffer because of their decision to use such a weak gpu. I mean H2A couldn't even hit full 1080p/60fps like the rest either. Stuck on some weird 1366x1920 resolution.

Compared to what? Highly doubt that's the problem.

Man, just played a 2 - 3 hour session with these fine random people on the same team for all matches. We all just worked so well as a team without mics even lol. So satisfying. Won majority of the matches and lost some.

trickyj1994
Deadly Modified
Expunge512

You guys/gals were awesome. Gears 1 is still the GOAT in terms of MP, there is nothing quite like it in terms of how fast and hectic everything feels in general even when it was 30FPS back when it was on 360.

Top Bottom