• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition |OT| Welcome back to the army, soldier

Tomash

Servers are automatic in choosing location in this right? because in the halo 5 beta auto server selection would keep giving me overseas connections instead of local and it ruined the game for me.

All main games on xbox live using azure servers should really have a manual selection, like titanfall does.

If gears UE let's you choose then my mistake, I don't have the game yet.

It lets you choose. There is no choice between North and West Europe though like in Titanfall, only Europe.

hm, that sounds good but I wonder if that is also causing issues, anyone in the states able to select which coast or is it a straight cut choice?
They can select both coasts.

It lets you choose. There is no choice between North and West Europe though like in Titanfall, only Europe.

hm, that sounds good but I wonder if that is also causing issues, anyone in the states able to select which coast or is it a straight cut choice?

Only able to select either West Coast or East Coast. Titanfall allowed West, Central, and East Datacenters.

Edit: Although, there is only a difference of about 7ms or so bewteen the East Coast and West Coast Datacenters for me (in the U.S.).

Team balancing seems to be utter shit though. Game seems to match me consistently against premade teams. Fun fact, playing solo vs. teams is almost impossible in Gears. Second, something something RNG.

see5harp

Team balancing seems to be utter shit though. Game seems to match me consistently against premade teams. Fun fact, playing solo vs. teams is almost impossible in Gears. Second, something something RNG.

In Gears even if you aren't a team of 4, if you win a game or two, I think most people just stay on the server. It's like bad mojo to leave on a win. It doesn't autobalance the teams if you played with someone else the previous match, which is a good thing for social games. I met a ton of people on 360 playing Gears 1. I would play KOTH if you just wanna learn how to play better.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Assassination working great!

XUxEqk5.jpg

Wasp

Out of curiosity I decided to check out how splitscreen looks in this game. The Gears games have always been the poster boy of how to do splitscreen right.

Dc0zC89.png

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

After four Xbox 360 games the first Gears on Xbox One has introduced borders to the series? Jesus.

AlStrong

Out of curiosity I decided to check out how splitscreen looks in this game. The Gears games have always been the poster boy of how to do splitscreen right.

Dc0zC89.png

After four Xbox 360 games the first Gears on Xbox One has introduced borders to the series? Jesus.

FOV looks considerably better.

The Flash

Banned

Bummer

Warablo

The game is great, just wish blind fire bullets actually came out of the barrel.

I do miss some of the things the other series brought to the table though. I am interested how Gears 4 will play out, because I miss the awesome Guardian matches.

Dc0zC89.png

I prefer it this way. Your width of view and camera control is more consistent.

Dc0zC89.png

Finally, splitscreen doesn't feel like a compromise between playing with a buddy and playing well now.

OrangeOak

It's really great to play again Gears 1 with so many people that I first met around 10 years ago on this game.
With a lot of them I haven't played or even spoken for a very long time and now they are married and with kids but they still came back to play it again.
A lot of people even bought a console couple days ago just to play Gears 1 again.
There's a lot of nostalgia associated with this remake and I love it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Welp, I gave in. Got the digital version. I was going to wait for a while, with MGS V, FIFA 16, and Forza Motorsport 6 all coming in the next three weeks.
But fuck it, this looked too good. Gears is back.

Card Boy

Banned
I won't comment on the gameplay as it's all there and i love the graphics. This is aimed at the multiplayer and changes i want to see.

• Get rid of social matches. All this does is split the community especially when you have 2 lots of Team Deathmatch playlists. It didn't work 9 years ago and its not going to work now, it's never worked for any game period. Need I remind people of Max Payne 3 Softlock Vs Free Aim playlists? Keep the Competitive Playlist and that's it.
  • Show ping numbers or bar
  • The in game stats page is very barren and simple compared to Gears 3 and Judgement
  • Allow us to vote on a choice of 3 maps, instead of just Vote to Skip
  • Add the ability to multi-queue for modes so we can get into matches faster or add Quick Join
I won't add this to the list but I swear you could do this in every Gears game including 1 but can your change weapon and character skins between deaths in Ultimate Edition? Correct me on this point if you can do it in this, I bet you can and I'm just dense. If you can't do it then add it to the list.

On the boss in ACT V and damm Dom fucking sucks keep on getting downed :( Which basically insta kills me lol.

EDIT: Finally done it after like 10 tries lmao.

Marvel

could never
Lotta chatter about people abusing the Xbox rep system which in turn stops you from being able to matchmake. Once you hit "Avoid Me" on your profiles rep you're fucked.

I'm now paranoid.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Can't tell if the shotguns hit detection is off or if I just have shitty Internet... This is why I like gears 3 more, you dont have to rely on the shotgun and can get kills with assault rifle.

Warxard

Banned
Can't tell if the shotguns hit detection is off or if I just have shitty Internet... This is why I like gears 3 more, you dont have to rely on the shotgun and can get kills with assault rifle.

Shotgun spread has been reported as a bit inconsistent, like in the beta. Hopefully a fix is soon.

Use Snub+Active. Better Lancer replacement. Or go for Hammerburst.

On the boss in ACT V and damm Dom fucking sucks keep on getting downed :( Which basically insta kills me lol.

EDIT: Finally done it after like 10 tries lmao.

Brumack? Yeah it's annoying as hell. If Dom goes down (which he does all the time), the brumack rushes you and its hard to run to cover without dying. No way I'm doing that solo insane. Way harder than Raam.

Brumack? Yeah it's annoying as hell. If Dom goes down (which he does all the time), the brumack rushes you and its hard to run to cover without dying. No way I'm doing that solo insane. Way harder than Raam.

Yeah that's the one.

Finished it earlier now playing online for the first time.... This is going to be hell.

sTiTcH AU

Just finished on insane coop. Those added chapters at the beginning of act 5 were great, except for when you split up in the theater. That was the absolute worst thing I have gone through in a game for a long time.

Me and my friends just did a 55 minute king of the hill match on Tyro Station. All together our team had over 300 kills. The enemy team was the same people for about the first half of the match, then we just kept letting newcomers join the fight and get annihilated. This is why I love gears 1. There is such a steep skill gap, that when a great team is playing together they can absolutely WRECK. Got a 3.5 win/loss ratio, and a 1.7 k/d ratio so far. Not that I'm one to usually care about statistics in games, but damn this is fun!

Top Bottom