• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

The texture which says "mihoyo".

Did you get the gold on today's challenge?
I don't even break AR 45, because a fair bit of my enjoyment comes from checking out new characters, and I don't want to be stuck with absurdly high XP costs needed to build my characters up. 79 for life. Well, at least for now.

I rarely even bother to use my resin anymore, because it all just feels so repetitive, and because I have other games to play. I put in the bare minimum effort required to collect Primogems, and that's been about it for the most part over the last several months. After eventually hitting another content drought in a month or two, I might stop playing altogether. They just don't seem to be implementing the kind of solutions that I would want for the game to improve in a genuinely meaningful way. I guess we'll see if that changes anytime soon.

But to answer your question, I got silver on easy mode.

Downloaded this the other day and I’m liking it a lot so far, although I had to change some controls so the game felt comfortable. I haven’t spent any money and I’m wondering when the grind starts that all of these games come to.

Downloaded this the other day and I’m liking it a lot so far, although I had to change some controls so the game felt comfortable. I haven’t spent any money and I’m wondering when the grind starts that all of these games come to.
Really, the early game is great. Just enjoy it, don't spend any money, and collect the free gems as they come. Eventually they add up. You'll either play many months and feel happy with the characters you earned by actually playing the game, or you'll stop after a month or two and be happy that you didn't drop 400 dollars to get a five star character that you only used for a month or two.

Once you've started to collect for 10 pulls, you'll have true understanding just how overpriced paying for anything with real money is in this game. The good thing about Genshin is that it's really only power that is gated behind grinding. Pretty much none of the story is. And you don't need high level characters to play and enjoy the story. It might take you some time to gain levels to continue the story at certain points, but I wouldn't really call that grinding. If anything, grinding is very limited in the game due to the resin system. But even though power gains are time gated, in a sense, playing the game thankfully is not.

Fake

Gold Member

Was higly demanding by feedback the control change. Playing since the beta, and changed a lot since the release.

Again, no one single money spend by me.

crumbs

For the "grind", I'd anything above AR35 or 40. That's the current level you need to be to complete all the released story content, however that could be changing with the release of a new region in the coming weeks.

As mentioned by LegendofKage above, you can't really grind this game in a traditional sense since it time gates/ caps your progress through the resin system. It can feel unrewardingly "grindy" since, once you get through the story content, you're just expending resin daily to get level up materials for characters/weapons that can already clear most of the game's content at your World Level.

YukiOnna

I think Yae is the real Electro Archon and Shogun is a front that she uses for the people. Maybe related to the vision hunt decree for some reason. This image is why I suddenly think it actually has a chance of being true.

3jrq04aoxm971.png
Saw someone bring up an interesting theory related to it
Yae was the previous Archon and it was given to Raiden fairly recently. Part of the Vision Hunt Decree is to keep that title and thus part of her pursuit of Eternity and Yae remains a possible threat. Though I think if that was the case, they'd be working together.

BlackM1st

Banned
Saw someone bring up an interesting theory related to it
Yae was the previous Archon and it was given to Raiden fairly recently. Part of the Vision Hunt Decree is to keep that title and thus part of her pursuit of Eternity and Yae remains a possible threat. Though I think if that was the case, they'd be working together.

Both are worthy of pulling. Ugh. Need. Farm. Harder. D:

BJK

Status of my team going into Inazuma. (Bold = Characters sufficiency built/geared that I would use in multis.)

C6: Ningguang, Barbara
C5: Noelle
C4: Bennett, Diona
C3: Fischl, Xiangling, Sucrose, Chongyun, Beidou
C2: Yanfei, Xingqiu, Lisa
C1: Razor
C0: Amber, Kaeya, Xinyan, Rosaria, QiQi, Jean, Zhongli, Venti, Childe, Ganyu.

5* weapons
(3): Skyward Atlas (Ningguang), Lost Prayer (Yanfei), Jade Cutter (Jean)

Roughly 20 draws from 2nd soft pity on the limited banner, which I’m holding for Raiden.
Ning, Jean, Zhongli, & Ganyu are my most-picked characters to do multis.

Here's the supposed Ayaka banner. Yanfei and Ning are good, it's been forever since they had a banner.
6z39liyw0qa71.png
Is it me, or would that be a pretty horrible team of four? I can't imagine that's real. Three on-field DPS characters? Two cryo users with no electro or hydro?

BlackM1st

Banned
Is it me, or would that be a pretty horrible team of four? I can't imagine that's real. Three on-field DPS characters? Two cryo users with no electro or hydro?
That's just you. 3 on field DPS? All are strong and easy to play? Give me 4th one and you can keep that popsicle boy.

It's not about team building, most people doesn't look at banner as a whole, most judge it by the individual heroes that are presented on it.

Pejo

Well the problem is that the dps carry DPS 4*s like Ning and Yanfei would never get another banner if they only made synergy banners. I personally think that they shouldn't build banners for synergy anyways and should focus on "who hasn't been on a banner in a while". Especially now that we're approaching the game being a year old and everyone and their moms have 900 Xingquis, Chonguses, Noellei, and Barbies.

The Ayaka banner was always gonna be a harder sell anyway in terms of 4 stars. Almost everyone would prioritize a new 4 star, which is coming up in the Yoimiya banner.

Pejo

Just a heads up, the audio for the upcoming Inazuma Archon quest was leaked, so I'd avoid the usual places if you care about story spoilers. I'm off of the leaks subreddits for a few weeks, looks like.

Pejo

Nice, got a prototype Catalyst and spear from Dvalin/Wolf this morning. Finished up my R5 Crescent Pike and R5 Prototype Amber. Just need 1 more Claymore prototype for Noelle's Whiteblind, then I'm done crafting weapons until Inazuma.

I was super hyped for Ayaka early in the game, but not anymore. Still questioning if it is worth the pull or not since I have C6 every 4* of her banner and the Mistsplitter sword is more gimmicky and has more value for characters like her, Keqing, C6 Kazuha, or any character under the effects of Chungus or C6 Bennett... I might ignore her banner altogether Yoimiya. I'm at a stage I have enough built units and weapons that I'm starting to aim only at characters that pick my interest, like Baal and Kokomi.

Pejo

Man I absolutely hate this new "event". I only got above 2k on 2 out of the 5 so far, and it's just not fun at all. Switching back and forth to that ball item is absolute dogshit and whoever had that idea should be fired. I think I'm just going to take the hit on the xp books/mora and say "fuck it" at silver tier for the talent books and primos.

YukiOnna

Lmao the new web event is literally a basic version of osu. Looks like it chronicles our journey to Inazuma given the lore tidbits.

Daciral

Neo Member
A little lifehack, guys. I foind doing 1 wish at a time better than the 10 wishes. Drop rate of rare items and characters went up immediately. I only use the 10 wishes option when I want to get the legendary from banner.

BlackM1st

Banned
A little lifehack, guys. I foind doing 1 wish at a time better than the 10 wishes. Drop rate of rare items and characters went up immediately. I only use the 10 wishes option when I want to get the legendary from banner.
Go into your pull history and see for yourself. I highly doubt that you have anything more than a standard 1 out of 10 rate lol

A little lifehack, guys. I foind doing 1 wish at a time better than the 10 wishes. Drop rate of rare items and characters went up immediately.
This is nonsense, you're not getting increased rates by doing them one by one.
That said, single wishes are indeed superior, because you can just stop when you get what you wanted.

This is nonsense, you're not getting increased rates by doing them one by one.
That said, single wishes are indeed superior, because you can just stop when you get what you wanted.
Yes. They're especially useful when you're about to hit 70 pulls on the limited banner, and you only want the featured five star character.

Fuz

Banned
Yes. They're especially useful when you're about to hit 70 pulls on the limited banner, and you only want the featured five star character.
Eh.
What's the worst that could happen? A +9 on the next banner?
The risk of pulling 2 5★ in a 10 roll is so slim that the convenience of doing a multi vastly outweights it.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
Single pulls after 70, 10 pulls before.

unless its standard banner then i "1 wish" at a time because masochism.

Last edited:
What's the worst that could happen? A +9 on the next banner?
You literally lose nothing from stopping early, you still get to do those +9 pulls on the next banner if you want, which means you have a chance to actually pull some new stuff as well.
Singles are the way to go.

Time wich is better spent playing/grinding, instead of clicking "wish" over and over.

Who are we to say how they should spend the time playing the game. Maybe they like to spend time by grinding the wishes doing one at a time. Wishing is part of the game so doing it is still spending time playing the game. Wishing single when close to soft pity is similar to someone using regular 20 resin to finish a domain when they know extra materials from condensed is not immediately needed.

Oh my, they joy of wasting time getting copies of Cold Steel!

Can say the same for almost everything in Genshin Impact. Joy of getting crap artifacts every time, joy of collecting the same stuff for the millionth time, crafting the same upgrade material, doing the same daily commission etc. etc.

Top Bottom