• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

fndiwx4xq6a71.png

The one patch I won't mind that the events are shit, so far. With Inazuma to explore, I'll forgive this absolute shitstain of an event schedule.

Pejo

Pejo Pejo I know you don't like the direction they are taking Kiana, but this was super dope:

Just watched it and it was well done but I'm still pissed off about Himeko. I am at least over the flame herrscher now to the point that I don't still hate Kiana, but the cynic in me still says that they're leaving room to bring her back. There's still been no definitive onscreen death for her, and they didn't lean into the "ghost" aspect that much, only having a flash or two of her in the whole cinematic. The upcoming HoF stigma set is Himeko, but I still hold on to a little hope.

Just watched it and it was well done but I'm still pissed off about Himeko. I am at least over the flame herrscher now to the point that I don't still hate Kiana, but the cynic in me still says that they're leaving room to bring her back.
I honestly think it's pretty definite now, the song used has callbacks to both other songs where himeko "helps" kiana and in the last chapter the Herrscher or dominance says:"Murata Himeko is dead", while holding her Haste/fire Gem. I see the chances of her being brought back very slim.

LOLCats

Banned
So, the new weapons gacha is essentially an insurance for whales. You're guaranteed to get your desired 5☆ weapon only at every 3rd 5☆ pull. Good luck getting there if u r F2P xD
agreed, tho you could save enough primos as a f2p, moreso as light spender. As time goes by i been doing a few weapon banner pulls, just because i have so many characters and only 2x 5* weapons, eventually gonna let it rip when amos bow comes back.

Pejo

The first set will be a must-have for burst batteries for main DPS. And if you have Kazhua in your team you will have burst pretty much all the time on CD.
I'm so excited to be able to finally get rid of my 4* Exile sets on my supports for a proper 5* set with 5* stats. I'll be farming that artifact domain a LOT.
I honestly think it's pretty definite now, the song used has callbacks to both other songs where himeko "helps" kiana and in the last chapter the Herrscher or dominance says:"Murata Himeko is dead", while holding her Haste/fire Gem. I see the chances of her being brought back very slim.
Hearing the villain tell you a character is dead and believing it.... It's like you never watched anime before. Anyways, I'm being delusional and I'm fully aware, but I still feel like this whole thing was done dirty and they should have just on-screened her during Final Lesson. I'll just sit here and stew and wait for my SP valk.

There's a lady leading the resistance in Inazuma that seems to be a hydro user.
Kokomi:
51ba2-16236895314210-800.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Hmm, nobody talking about Artifact recycling? That seems huge for people that have been hoarding their shitty 5* artifacts *cough cough*. There are 4 sets you can recycle to and you can pick which set you want the resulting artifact to be. They didn't say which sets are available yet, but that's still great news.

Fuz

Banned
Hmm, nobody talking about Artifact recycling? That seems huge for people that have been hoarding their shitty 5* artifacts *cough cough*. There are 4 sets you can recycle to and you can pick which set you want the resulting artifact to be. They didn't say which sets are available yet, but that's still great news.
Not really happy about it. It's another shitty RNG that makes you waste your artifact XP items.
It doesn't even scratch the problem.

Pejo

Not really happy about it. It's another shitty RNG that makes you waste your artifact XP items.
It doesn't even scratch the problem.
It doesn't fix RNG while farming, but it's still a nice little bonus. I wish they'd rather let us reroll options on artifacts we farmed, but it's something.

Well R Reizo Ryuu , looks like you were right. I guess I can finally move on.
They finally give her a real funeral and lay her to rest, with a full scene for her funeral. Officially. Fucking assholes couldn't have done this after Final Lesson. I hate MHY sometimes.
61acyl9nl6a71.png

Fake

Gold Member

As mention, RNG over RNG.

So does this stupid subtitled crap mean we're not going to have updates presented by the voice actors anymore? That would be a shame, even if the "Oh wow! / ha ha ha ha!" got to be a bit much at times. It was still much better than this.

Last edited:

Pejo

So does this stupid subtitled crap mean we're not going to have updates presented by the voice actors anymore? That would be a shame, even if the "Oh wow! / ha ha ha ha!" got to be a bit much at times. It was still much better than this.
I think it was just a special thing for 2.0 as a major update. I actually enjoyed reading all the stuff about design philosophies and "how the hot dog was made", but I get not everybody would be into it. And as far as having to read subs, I've seen so much foreign stuff (not just anime), it doesn't even register that I'm doing it anymore. I appreciated the lack of forced laughter and cringy "jokes" though.

I watched some of the stream live, but I thought they were showing off a bit too much so I mostly looked away from the screen. I much prefered the trailer that was uploaded afterwards. Gives you all the info you need on banners, artifacts, weapons etc. and a glimpse at some of the stuff we will encounter in the new update.

Fake

Gold Member
I can't read subtitles and pay proper attention to what is happening on screen. It was ridiculous to skip the Chinese stream and wait several hours later, only to find out that the US stream was the same stupid thing.

I watched the chinese stream, but yeah this sucks.

LOLCats

Banned
i'm stoked the cross-progression coming so quickly for PS players I'm definitely going to be logging in on my iPad and on my PC here and there

YukiOnna

Dayum
[
OsR5jrd.jpg
I would personally rather hear from the devs because inferior dub voice actors since they know about the game, but I guess it loses some personality and charm for others.

This new harpastum battle event sucks, it's so awkward. Switching between the harpastum and back to your elemental skill is such a pain in the ass, it's just a way to artificially increase difficulty through clunky control mechanisms.

Wait what? I just kept killing the enemies that spawned and got around 2.4k and got all rewards. The bar didn't move much but I didn't pay any attention to it. Will try with the balls tomorrow.

BlackM1st

Banned
Looks kinda subtle, but I wonder if it's PS5 only feature again. Regardless, I'm glad that they're improving their tech even if it's a baby steps.

crumbs

Wait what? I just kept killing the enemies that spawned and got around 2.4k and got all rewards. The bar didn't move much but I didn't pay any attention to it. Will try with the balls tomorrow.
Huh, I'll have to try it that out today. It would be a weird event if you can just ignore the main gameplay mechanic and get better scores.

Saber

Huh, I'll have to try it that out today. It would be a weird event if you can just ignore the main gameplay mechanic and get better scores.

I wouldn't get hopes. Feels like this event is design for meta players who can insta kill monsters. The mechanic barelly affected my final score, but if I ignore it my score just end up worse.

I wouldn't get hopes. Feels like this event is design for meta players who can insta kill monsters. The mechanic barelly affected my final score, but if I ignore it my score just end up worse.

Yeah I was using Lvl 90 Ganyu, Klee, Zhongli and Venti with decent artifacts and lvl 85+ weapons. I'll try to play it the way it is supposed to play and see what score I get.

Last edited:
Top Bottom