• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Hitting those targets just gives you bonuses for certain types of damage. Yesterday cryo damage was heavily boosted. Today it's EM. I tried different characters and difficulties, but I can't really kill these enemies fast enough to make a difference in score. It does feel a bit P2W-esque.

Another thing I've been thinking about is the traveler and the archons. Everytime the MC goes to a new continent, they will encounter a new archon and become able to use their element. When Inazuma is introduced to the game, our MC will get their electro powers. It's looking like a very supportive skill set. Then there's the electro archon herself, who is probably going to be supportive in nature as well since all archons up 'till this point have been supports. Feels a bit unneccessary, no? In a short span of time, we're getting two supportive characters of the same element. The archon is always going to be better because that's a limited 5 star character. So what even is the point of MC's powers then? Feels like a waste.

Fuz

Banned
Xiao, Bennett, Xianling and Venti - easy gold at difficulty 2. It was a test run.
Feel like yesterday was harder. Maybe because it was new.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
So what even is the point of MC's powers then? Feels like a waste.
Um... Not everyone is gonna pull for Baal? To make sure that every player has a necessary skill set at their disposal no matter when they're started? We have enough 4☆ electric DMG heroes anyways?

That's the best possible banner out there. Can't fucking wait. But looks like the wait will be long because after Inazuma's 1st 2 banners we are gonna get damn reruns again. Fffffffff...

YukiOnna

Um... Not everyone is gonna pull for Baal? To make sure that every player has a necessary skill set at their disposal no matter when they're started? We have enough 4☆ electric DMG heroes anyways?

That's the best possible banner out there. Can't fucking wait. But looks like the wait will be long because after Inazuma's 1st 2 banners we are gonna get damn reruns again. Fffffffff...
You think she'll hit for the 1st Anniversary? Seems like a fitting way to celebrate it and introduce the 2nd half of Inazuma.

Me casually getting 2k+ by ignoring the stupid momentum and stuff. If you have a strong team then you can just ignore the unnecessary mechanics.

Fuz

Banned
But looks like the wait will be long because after Inazuma's 1st 2 banners we are gonna get damn reruns again. Fffffffff...
This is great. I was considering if I wanted to pull Yoimiya, but reruns (probably that shitty Albedo) mean that I can restock primos for Sara. Shame she's another electro bow toh.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
h561ut49aea71.png

Kokomi not 4☆ anymore.

crumbs

So the only hydro character released since launch is Childe, a 5-star. After all this time, we're finally getting another one, but it's 5-star and another catalyst user in Kokomi :messenger_expressionless: .

Devs don't seem to have a good idea what they want to do with hydro at his point.

Pejo

h561ut49aea71.png

Kokomi not 4☆ anymore.
Fuck. I wanted Sara and Kokomi out of that group, and was so excited that they were both 4* since it would be easier to get them.

Also, not related to leaks or anything, and pure conjecture on my part at this point, but...

I think Yae is the real Electro Archon and Shogun is a front that she uses for the people. Maybe related to the vision hunt decree for some reason. This image is why I suddenly think it actually has a chance of being true.

3jrq04aoxm971.png

crumbs

Ah, I must have misunderstood.

Thought when he said "So the only hydro character released since launch is Childe" was saying Chide was the only hydro character since launch of the game.
I could have phrased that better. When it comes to characters released after the game launched, the devs have neglected some elements, like electro (0) and hydro (1), while loading up on cryo (4) and pyro (3). The next update only adds to the imbalance, but at least we'll be getting a lot of electro characters (both 4 & 5 stars) some time down the road. I think people we hoping for another 4 star hydro character, so Kokomi being bumped to a 5 star is disappointing (assuming this news is accurate).

Xingqiu is very strong as a sub-DPS due to his ability to quickly apply hydro off-field via his burst, which sets up vaporize, probably the strongest reaction in game. That said, after all these months, people want some other options for 4 star hydro heroes outside of him and Barbara.

BlackM1st

Banned
I love the fact that the little ninja girl is a claymore user ;) Or at least in the trailer, I saw her spinning around with the Debate Club claymore. They should make s special claymore for her that is twice her size ;)
Yeah, we all hoped for it for the sake of hilarity. Unfortunately looks like due to animation difficulties they decided to simply scale down claymores for her. IIRC they did the same for QiQi and swords.

BlackM1st

Banned
oD5aNWj.jpg

Source: official discord.

So... so... she's actually a sword hero? Damn MiHo, the fuck is wrong with all of this confusing information...

BlackM1st

Banned
For a Shogun of a fictional Japan not to be a sword wielder would be a bit strange IMHO. Every other character can use whatever weapon they want, but at least the Shogun should be a sword wielder.

In one of the story trailer, Kazuha mentioned a sword art his friend wanted to witness from the Shogun.

Near the end of the story trailer, you can see the Shogun holding a sword when she was dueling with his friend, so I was confused when I heard that she would be a spear wielder:

ZfUSjr0.jpg

She took that sword from her chest. She can be a Tart like hero where her sword is just 1 of her stances and used only during the ultimate. Confusion to the MAX.

Fuz

Banned
For a Shogun of a fictional Japan not to be a sword wielder would be a bit strange IMHO. Every other character can use whatever weapon they want, but at least the Shogun should be a sword wielder.

In one of the story trailer, Kazuha mentioned a sword art his friend wanted to witness from the Shogun.

Near the end of the story trailer, you can see the Shogun holding a sword when she was dueling with his friend, so I was confused when I heard that she would be a spear wielder:

Female warriors mostly used naginata.
"Sword art" for the japanese just mean a form of martial art using any weapon.

YukiOnna

Though it's all varied in the case of Samurai anyway. They operated with different weapons so Raiden could be a sword or spear user and it'd make sense.

Fuz

Banned
Man, not even close to gold in today's challenge.

The fucking ball-switching method is retarded. I get confused a lot and mix up throws and skills. Why do I have to switch with the item key then launch with the skill key? Why the fuck can't I just launch the ball with the item key?
I swer, mihoyo devs are fucking imbeciles.

Btw, first time I notice this:
MIHOYO.jpg

Last edited:

crumbs

Me casually getting 2k+ by ignoring the stupid momentum and stuff. If you have a strong team then you can just ignore the unnecessary mechanics.

So I did end up getting better scores by mostly ignoring the harpastum targets. I did take out 1-2 when the challenge begins and maybe another one while waiting for enemies to spawn midway. Being able to ignore them and focus on the fight without the awkward mechanics was much more enjoyable.

However, for this to work, you definitely need a good team with a CC character. I don't have Venti, but Kazuha worked well for both days I've cleared. This event also feels like it's specifically DPS checking your Elemental Bursts.

All that said, I still think this is one of their lamest events, I don't think a lot of thought or care went into its design.

Last edited:

Saber

So I did end up getting better scores by mostly ignoring the harpastum targets. I did take out 1-2 when the challenge begins and maybe another one while waiting for enemies to spawn midway. Being able to ignore them and focus on the fight without the awkward mechanics was much more enjoyable.

However, for this to work, you definitely need a good team with a CC character. I don't have Venti, but Kazuha worked well for both days I've cleared. This event also feels like it's specifically DPS checking your Elemental Bursts.

All that said, I still think this is one of their lamest events, I don't think a lot or thought or care went into its design.

Its no fun at all using skills in conjuction with the ball item. The devs probably didn't test this event.

I don't really care about the difference between polearms and swords in-game, but Zhong Li is a polearm user already so for variety's sake I prefer the sword for the new archon.

Fuz

Banned
ou4f6qkleka71.png

Apparently, someone edited the wiki of Raiden, changed her weapon type to unknown, and it got reflected in Raiden's character description in the official discord. The Discord bot gets its info from the wiki. A mod reverted it and said that she's a sword user because of the trailer.

"Because of the trailer" doesn't seem like a certain way to state her weapon, imho.

Last edited:
Anyone online right now so I can visit their Teapot and buy something from the Salesman? Need it for progress in the Teapot book or whatever it's called

Fuz

Banned
Anyone online right now so I can visit their Teapot and buy something from the Salesman? Need it for progress in the Teapot book or whatever it's called
You don't need for people to be online, if they allowed offline entrance. Just try your list.

You don't need for people to be online, if they allowed offline entrance. Just try your list.
My friends list seems to be filled with people who haven't played in over a month, because none of them have the Teapot unlocked lmao

Edit: nvm got it!

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

BlackM1st

Banned
ou4f6qkleka71.png

"Because of the trailer" doesn't seem like a certain way to state her weapon, imho.
Yeah, that's exactly why I said about lots of confusion around Baal. Some fuckery is definitely going on with her gameplay and MiHo is really keeping her close to their chest without revealing any meaningful details. Some say it's to build hype.
marching band happy dance GIF by UCF Marching Knights

I say: I hate overly long hype trains because they tend to crash and burn.
train GIF

Saber

ou4f6qkleka71.png

Didn't her assistant used a sword on Kaede short animation even though shes a bow user?

I think people there need to calm down their shits and wait for an official information. I hate that dumb retarded attitude of "first!".

Man, not even close to gold in today's challenge.

The fucking ball-switching method is retarded. I get confused a lot and mix up throws and skills. Why do I have to switch with the item key then launch with the skill key? Why the fuck can't I just launch the ball with the item key?
I swer, mihoyo devs are fucking imbeciles.

Btw, first time I notice this:
MIHOYO.jpg
I have no idea what I'm supposed to be seeing there. As for the event, I just treat it like it's a toggle. Kill most of the enemies, switch to the ball, shoot the ball at the targets, switch back. Where you run into trouble is if you decide to go back to fighting before intentionally switching back to your standard skill.

Of course, it helps that I'm using Venti, and his giant vacuum of suck. It's pretty easy to hit targets while that's going on.

Fuz

Banned
I have no idea what I'm supposed to be seeing there. As for the event, I just treat it like it's a toggle. Kill most of the enemies, switch to the ball, shoot the ball at the targets, switch back. Where you run into trouble is if you decide to go back to fighting before intentionally switching back to your standard skill.

Of course, it helps that I'm using Venti, and his giant vacuum of suck. It's pretty easy to hit targets while that's going on.
The texture which says "mihoyo".

Did you get the gold on today's challenge?

Top Bottom