• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fake

Gold Member
I was expecting Sayu to exceed their true build because, as I mention before, the 'fun' aspect is in there on her kit.

The spin attack is really a surprise factor for any fight.

Pejo

So just did my dailies and burned through another 300-ish resin. I've been digging into my moons trying to finish this set for Zhongli. Artifact hunting is cursed.

I got:

Millelith Set:
  • Goblet - Electro Damage - Perfect dps substats (ATK%, CDMG, CRATE, ER) - Guess this is going on Baal.
  • Goblet - Anemo Damage - ATK (Flat), DEF%, HP (Flat) - Useless? Maybe for Sucrose or something that I have a 4* Anemo artifact on.
  • Feather - Garbage
  • Feather - Garbage
  • Goblet - HP% - ATK (Flat), HP (Flat), Def% - Would be good for Zhongli but I prefer Geo Damage Goblet for the stele ticks and Meteor dmg.
Pale Flame Set:
  • Hat - CRATE - CDMG/Def (Flat)/DEF% - Oh boy, this piece would be very nice if I get a fair number of rolls into CDMG instead of def or the mystery stat. Might level it to 12 to see how it goes
  • Hat - Healing %
  • Feather - Garbage
  • Flower - Garbage
  • Other Garbage
I think it's easy to see that the way they should do this is break up the "slot" of the artifact by day. Something like Flowers on Monday, Feathers on Tuesday, Goblets on Weds, etc etc. It would at least let you complete sets or fine tune a set with a particularly weak piece without going through 10x RNG hell.
Are GI one year alive?
October will be 1 year.

Fake

Gold Member
IMO for perfect substats EM > ER, even more after the elemental mastery buff.

Now, farming Pale Flame is a living hell.

BlackM1st

Banned
  • Android, iOS, Windows, PS4
  • September 28, 2020

They better give us a 5 star selector from permanent banner.
I read only about 10 rainbow wishes... LOL

PLUS FREE 6☆ PS COLLAB!!!!
eu9NiaC.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

• Android, iOS, Windows, PS4
  • September 28, 2020

They better give us a 5 star selector from permanent banner.
I've been putting in my feedback the last few times that a universal 5* constellation item would be the best thing they could give us for the anni. Hopefully the right people are seeing that. Standard characters are fine, but I think everybody would rather get a free constellation on their Zhonglis or Cocogoats at this point, especially with how slow the reruns come back.
IMO for perfect substats EM > ER, even more after the elemental mastery buff.

Now, farming Pale Flame is a living hell.
For Shogun, she wants to stack as much ER as she can get her hands on, but in general for elemental main DPS characters, I agree that EM is usually better - Eula/Rosaria/Razor/Phys Keqing being the exceptions. Keep in mind that except for Mona's weird burst and Kazuha's scaling, EM ONLY benefits the damage of the character that causes the reaction. So if I have Xiangling that uses Gooba to set an enemy on fire, and then Vape it with Chelde, only Chelde's EM has any effect on the damage.

Last edited:

Pejo

NO

Why do you keep calling him "Chelde" instead of "Childe"? Brazilian translation?
To be honest I don't know where I picked that up. I'm not Brazilian so I doubt that's it. He's got so many names, I figured what's another one. What do you have against universal 5* cons?

Saber

Why do you keep calling him "Chelde" instead of "Childe"? Brazilian translation?

As a brazilian myself, didn't saw that term and both me and my brother call him Childe normally. I don't think we have a portuguese for Chelde either.
I saw one brazilian with a joke signature, but was calling him Targalia using a meme quote of a well know brazilian movie.

BlackM1st

Banned
Well, I gave it my best shot, but after 12 wishes and two 4 stars I didn't receive Sayu. I'm not willing to take anymore risks as I'm close to pity, so that's it for now. I'm pretty sad because that's another 3 weeks of waiting, but it is what it is.
I ain't doing even this. Sayu is ridiculously fun, but I don't need her at C0. And I'm not risking my wishes I reserved for Baal to get YMY while chasing her constellations lol

Fake

Gold Member

NANIDAFUK?

I'm brazilian. I just call him 'Childe' (shield) because is a easy name to remember. Genshin Impact is not a game with easy names to remember.

IDK if this have anything Brazil related, maybe some paulistas youtubers calling him for no reason or maybe 'sotaque'.

For Shogun, she wants to stack as much ER as she can get her hands on, but in general for elemental main DPS characters, I agree that EM is usually better - Eula/Rosaria/Razor/Phys Keqing being the exceptions. Keep in mind that except for Mona's weird burst and Kazuha's scaling, EM ONLY benefits the damage of the character that causes the reaction. So if I have Xiangling that uses Gooba to set an enemy on fire, and then Vape it with Chelde, only Chelde's EM has any effect on the damage.

Was the Shogun signature weapon already ER?

And ER come quite easy from substatus, IDK why.

Last edited:

Pejo

NANIDAFUK?

I'm brazilian. I just call him 'Childe' (shield) because is a easy name to remember. Genshin Impact is not a game with easy names to remember.

IDK if this have anything Brazil related, maybe some paulistas youtubers calling him for no reason or maybe 'sotaque'.

Was the Shogun signature weapon already ER?

And ER come quite easy from substatus, IDK why.
Yea, Shogun's spear is ER substat.

Her Elemental Burst is the highest cost in the game at 90, so that in combination to dmg scaling based on ER is why she wants so much of it. She basically exists to feed Energy to your team so they can burst, which then feeds her damage buffs and Energy so she can do a short window of (likely) ridiculous damage. Who knows how it will wash out when she releases though, but regardless, you want ER and the usual damage stats for her.

Fake

Gold Member
Yea, Shogun's spear is ER substat.

Her Elemental Burst is the highest cost in the game at 90, so that in combination to dmg scaling based on ER is why she wants so much of it. She basically exists to feed Energy to your team so they can burst, which then feeds her damage buffs and Energy so she can do a short window of (likely) ridiculous damage. Who knows how it will wash out when she releases though, but regardless, you want ER and the usual damage stats for her.

My only char with ER weapon is Dilluc because the Sky 5* claymore. Again, for me the perfect substatus are ATK%, CRITRate, CRITDMG and EM because energy recharge come quite easy when I try to add a 4 substatus.

And was her Elemental Burst pretty short?

Pejo

My only char with ER weapon is Dilluc because the Sky 5* claymore. Again, for me the perfect substatus are ATK%, CRITRate, CRITDMG and EM because energy recharge come quite easy when I try to add a 4 substatus.

And was her Elemental Burst pretty short?
7 Seconds. Supposedly you can do her whole normal attack chain twice in that time (with the Katana), or you can do 1 combo chain and 2 charge attacks. They've buffed the damage on it twice already, so it's clear that they want it to be Major League Gaming™-tier damage.

Fake

Gold Member
7 Seconds. Supposedly you can do her whole normal attack chain twice in that time (with the Katana), or you can do 1 combo chain and 2 charge attacks. They've buffed the damage on it twice already, so it's clear that they want it to be Major League Gaming™-tier damage.

I remember watching her burst time, for me was pretty short. IMO would be better change her burst for elemental, at least the sword weapon change aspect, maybe acting like Childe elemental skill.

Pejo

I remember watching her burst time, for me was pretty short. IMO would be better change her burst for elemental, at least the sword weapon change aspect, maybe acting like Childe elemental skill.
I think it is, the entire duration of her burst deals Electro dmg.

I ain't doing even this. Sayu is ridiculously fun, but I don't need her at C0. And I'm not risking my wishes I reserved for Baal to get YMY while chasing her constellations lol
Yeah, it's never a good idea to summon for 4 stars when so much pity has already piled up. If I hadn't tried, I probably would have kept wondering if I could've gotten her with another 10 pull though. I can now be satisfied with myself for doing the best I could.

Fake

Gold Member
The banner is on here, this is what I get:

- 1 Yoimiya
- 1 Sayu
- 1 Jean (WTF)
- 2 Diona
- 1 Xinyan

Shit, I really need another Sayu. Why they give me Jean?

When I want 4* star they keep giving me 5* stars.

LOLCats

Banned
i kinda think yoimiya is cool, won another 50/50. got 3 diona, 3 sayu and a yomama.

got 20k primos still.

Fake Fake i been trying to get C1 for Jean forever lol...

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
LOLCats LOLCats Not a huge fan of Jean, will use her just for making pizza.

Nothing against Jean, but I rather pick another Sayu because of her constellation.

Instead they could send me Dilluc.

Pejo

LOLCats LOLCats Not a huge fan of Jean, will use her just for making pizza.

Nothing against Jean, but I rather pick another Sayu because of her constellation.

Instead they could send me Dilluc.
I realize that Sayu is the new hotness, but Jean is a way better character for the same/similar role.

So I did a little unrecommended rollin'. Had a moment of intense sadness, and then a sigh of extreme relief.
IsnXBY7.png

BlackM1st

Banned
I realize that Sayu is the new hotness, but Jean is a way better character for the same/similar role.

So I did a little unrecommended rollin'. Had a moment of intense sadness, and then a sigh of extreme relief.
IsnXBY7.png
Crazy. C6 Tart and now this bow.And how much it took?

BlackM1st

Banned
Is this bow a big deal? CRT dmg as secondary status is a little mix bag for a 5* star.
It's the best in slot for YMY and probably for his C6 Tart. But it's useless on Cocogoat for example. I personally wouldn't pull for it because I just hate how AA works on BOW users. But for people who enjoy it or have Tart... It is a beastly weapon.

Fake

Gold Member
It's the best in slot for YMY and probably for his C6 Tart. But it's useless on Cocogoat for example. I personally wouldn't pull for it because I just hate how AA works on BOW users. But for people who enjoy it or have Tart... It is a beastly weapon.

YMY increase critical rate on her ascention?

Pejo

Crazy. C6 Tart and now this bow.And how much it took?
That was my first run through the gauntlet, so whatever the soft pity is. 5-7 multi-pulls I guess?

Is this bow a big deal? CRT dmg as secondary status is a little mix bag for a 5* star.
It's also got a stock ATK+20% that's always active in addition to high base stats (since it's 5*) and the actual effect of the weapon which fits C6 Tartaglia's playstyle really well. CDMG is one of the best weapon stats you can get provided you can make up the CRate in artifacts. Same reason people went looney trying to get Staff of Homa during Hu Tao's release. At any rate, it's a huge upgrade over Rust and looks cool as hell. Can't beat the Rule of Cool™

Fake

Gold Member
It's also got a stock ATK+20% that's always active in addition to high base stats (since it's 5*) and the actual effect of the weapon which fits C6 Tartaglia's playstyle really well. CDMG is one of the best weapon stats you can get provided you can make up the CRate in artifacts. Same reason people went looney trying to get Staff of Homa during Hu Tao's release. At any rate, it's a huge upgrade over Rust and looks cool as hell. Can't beat the Rule of Cool™

Yeah, I forgot 5* star weapons have a very gap between 4* star ATK.

Pejo

FINALLY got 4 unique pieces of the Millelith set for Zhongli. Ironically, ended up getting a Geo dmg goblet as one of them. I didn't see that coming. Substats aren't ideal but I got an HP+20% in the feather, and the hat main stat is HP% and he's back up to 44k HP, so it's good enough for me for now. Can't wait for a 4* or higher HP main stat spear to drop. I just can't bring myself to use the Black Tassel on the Geo Archon, it just feels wrong - so I use a ER spear on him instead.

Anyway, after testing that 4pc Millelith effect, it's nice, but not the game changer I was envisioning. Probably not worth the moons/resin I wasted over the past few days to get it. I do have some options for a 4pc Pale Flame set for Eula too, but I'm currently out of fodder artifacts so we'll see if it rolls to be better/as good as my current Gladiator set on her. If not, it can go to Rosaria/Razor until I feel like farming artifacts again. I definitely see why people get frustrated with that system now though, it really needs a reduction of RNG somewhere. I won't be farming artifacts again until talents and weapons are done. Glad/Wanderer's is fine for now.

BlackM1st

Banned
Geo dmg goblet as one of them
WUT

Buy a lottery ticket or something xD I never had a corresponding goblet for any of my sets lmao. All my sets are 4p set + random goblet with the Elemental DMG I need lol
I definitely see why people get frustrated with that system now though

Haha, yeah. But that's kinda normal for such games. People farm Diablo for years. If not for arts, we would just level everything to 90 and left the game hah.

As for resin costs: yes, it's the biggest resin waste and building main carry with a specific set like the Witch or the Blizzard is requiring a lot of resources. That's why many people use 2p set + 2p glad or use semi universal sets.

Getting a new main carry is always a very big LONG TERM investment. My Ayaka and her sword is at 90 already. Her talents at 9 9 10 too. Maybe I fully crown her later, I dunno, but her multipliers are wild and very tempting.

BUT she's still using a purple circlet and only 2 of her 5 arts are at 20. Circlet is at 16 lol. So yeah, for me you either go DEEP or you don't go there at all lol

Artifact farming is definitely a late game thing you do to maximize your characters. Since I don't like to build up many different characters, but rather focus on a few favourites, I've been doing it for a while. It might be a bit boring, but not much more than grinding anything else in this game. I couldn't imagine farming to get ALL characters up to a decent level. Sounds awful to me. But at least you get a better sense of your progress with that. Artifact farming just comes down to RNG and spinning the wheel as often as possible.

Saber

Recently got no good artifacts for the ATk%+basic attack 4-set dungeon, but somehow they aways give me good stats and substats for the Energy Recharge 4-set artifact. I'm gonna use them on Ayaka.

BlackM1st

Banned
Since I don't like to build up many different characters, but rather focus on a few favourites, I've been doing it for a while. It might be a bit boring, but not much more than grinding anything else in this game. I couldn't imagine farming to get ALL characters up to a decent level. Sounds awful to me
Same lol. Neither my Mona nor my Electric cat has any decent artifacts yet, but maybe one day. So I can't imagine leveling 4☆ heroes AND farm artifacts for them too. That's not happening. I don't need 4☆ anyway. Well, maybe 1 or 2 supports for the Abyss, but I ain't sweating about it enough to bring Bennett into my team lol. My Cocogoat downs Dvalin in less than 1 minute on her own without any supports or Elemental resonance. Good enough 4 me.

but somehow they aways give me good stats and substats for the Energy Recharge 4-set artifact
Yeah man, that's by design lmao. Also out of 4 possible upgrades it will always raise the HP stat xD
Artifact farming just comes down to RNG and spinning the wheel as often as possible.
Word. Literally this:
episode 15 table GIF

MiHo is playing dirty xD

Pejo

Same lol. Neither my Mona nor my Electric cat has any decent artifacts yet, but maybe one day. So I can't imagine leveling 4☆ heroes AND farm artifacts for them too. That's not happening. I don't need 4☆ anyway. Well, maybe 1 or 2 supports for the Abyss, but I ain't sweating about it enough to bring Bennett into my team lol. My Cocogoat downs Dvalin in less than 1 minute on her own without any supports or Elemental resonance. Good enough 4 me.

Yeah man, that's by design lmao. Also out of 4 possible upgrades it will always raise the HP stat xD

Word. Literally this:
episode 15 table GIF

MiHo is playing dirty xD
You know, if you think about it, DEF as a stat is totally a "you lost" stat. There are a few characters that have scaling for it, but for the vast majority of all characters, it's literally worthless. The only defensive mechanics we have in the game are dodges and shields, and only two of all of the shields actually scale on DEF (Noelle/Xinyan (lol)) The fact that you even CAN roll not only DEF as a stat, but have 2 stats (DEF%/Flat DEF) is clearly there just as a troll. Couple that with 90% of the content being timed, there is even more reason to not roll with high DEF, since it takes the place of offensive stats that actually let you complete the content. It'd be interesting if you could build more characters like a brick shithouse besides just Noelle.

BlackM1st

Banned
You know, if you think about it, DEF as a stat is totally a "you lost" stat.
Yeah. At least some healers scale from the HP + Geo Lord exists lol
It'd be interesting if you could build more characters like a brick shithouse besides just Noelle.
Well, if we will get any DEF oriented 5☆ it will be really wild. C6 Noelle already is scary. Her Ultimate is amazing at DMG dealing plus she heals and protects you. Seeing something like her but with a 5☆ scaling...WOW. But I doubt that 5☆ like her will have all her benefits at C0, just like Geo Lord has his tastiest skills behind his constellations.

As for another 4☆ that's def oriented... I dunno, many people still overlook the crazy value that Noelle brings, I can't imagine many would pull for another DEF scaling 4☆.

Overall I think DEF can be a really broken stat if applied properly. Imagine Geo Lord but with Eula numbers who is self sufficient and doesn't need any kind of support at all lol

As for artifacts... Yeah, they are beyond unfair. They're also very cumbersome to sort, compare and use on different heroes. We need a sets preset functionality so we can mix and match our sets faster and easier. I waste a lot of time sorting my collection out actually.

Fake

Gold Member
Damn... Sayu is very fun to play. For the first time I'll collect primo just to get her C1.

I using the prototype claymore on her, with give her secondary status ATK%. Her heal increase based on her ATK, so should be easy making a build for her.

And 4 set anenmo is doing great.

Pejo

Man, the hits keep coming for me lately. Got a standard wish from the BP and it got me an Amber cons. She's at C4 now which means I get 2x baron bunny. No amount of pity can guarantee that kind of luck. Feels real good.
Kv2Y0FL.jpg

Los dos conejito

7zjXNCV.gif
7zjXNCV.gif

Top Bottom