• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

So after finishing upgrading that new 5* bow today since the material domain was back on rotation, it's a pretty nice upgrade overall to R5 Rust, but it doesn't change the way you play the game or anything for Tart. I'm seeing about 500-2k more per crit depending on how many stacks of the buff are active. Since his style is "death by 1000 papercuts", it's probably a pretty big net gain but I'm not seeing any noticeable changes in average kill time for bosses or regular enemies. I want to stress how bad of an idea it was for me to roll that banner, and how fortunate I am to have gotten it when I did. I wouldn't recommend chasing it. Just my 2c. Full disclosure, I'm running him with a mix of Gladiator/Noblesse since I haven't tried farming his preferred set, so it might get better with the Hearth of Depth set giving some more relevant buffs than ATK and Ele Burst dmg.

I could see it being pretty broken at R5, but only a damned fool or somebody too rich/bad at decision making would dare.

BlackM1st

Banned
Since his style is "death by 1000 papercuts",
Same with YMY. It's just not a gameplay I'm personally interested in hah. It's not the bows fault, that bow is just a perfect tool for a generally "weaklish" DMG dealing style because AA will always be weaker in single attacks than Charged Attacks.

I understand why you pulled that bow, having a C6 Hero is amazing and he deserves all the love that you can give to him, but if you wanted BIG numbers you should probably went with EULA'S claymore.

I want to stress how bad of an idea it was for me to roll that banner, and how fortunate I am to have gotten it when I did. I wouldn't recommend chasing it.
Haha, word.

Pejo

Same with YMY. It's just not a gameplay I'm personally interested in hah. It's not the bows fault, that bow is just a perfect tool for a generally "weaklish" DMG dealing style because AA will always be weaker in single attacks than Charged Attacks.

I understand why you pulled that bow, having a C6 Hero is amazing and he deserves all the love that you can give to him, but if you wanted BIG numbers you should probably went with EULA'S claymore.

Haha, word.
Funny thing, you mention Eula as the big number chaser, and you're right - but - I usually find myself early killing or overkilling every single thing I fight with my team of her/Razor/Zhongli/Ning. With the def reduction, physical shred, and all the ATK buffs, even without her claymore, it's very very difficult to time her elemental burst. Either it drops when bosses are phase shifting and invulnerable, or when weaker enemies have already died from the flurry of trying to build stacks on her exploding sword. It's VERY rare that I actually hit her burst at a point where it does max damage without massively overkilling the enemy. I can do it more often than not for Primo Vishap and I've learned to time it pretty well for some domains, but in the overworld, it's basically worthless because everything dies too soon. I need to start experimenting with blasting it early by swapping characters. It's not in my muscle memory to do it right now, so I always just mash the attack/ele skill buttons to build stacks without thinking about it.

It is nice to have the ability to have 2 different teams that can play either style though, fast small damage, or big dick burst damage. Keeps the game fresh. My Tart for instance can absolutely mog that Pyrostasis boss completely solo in one vulnerability phase, whereas Eula and the gang can 1 shot the samurai boss after his invulnerability phase at around 75% hp, if I can time it to drop before he teleports away.

Anyone else use physical DPS Zhong Li? He's such a cheat code with his shield and a Crescent Pike. Have him at just over 2K attack with 2 piece Gladiator and 2 piece Pale Flame. He's only at like 23K HP but I run him with another Geo character (usually Ningguang) for resonance and it's plenty.

Also going to build an attack Sayu (only C0) but not sure how to build her yet.

Last edited:

Pejo

Anyone else use physical DPS Zhong Li? He's such a cheat code with his shield and a Crescent Pike. Have him at just over 2K attack with 2 piece Gladiator and 2 piece Pale Flame. He's only at like 23K HP but I run him with another Geo character (usually Ningguang) for resonance and it's plenty.

Also going to build an attack Sayu (only C0) but not sure how to build her yet.
What kind of damage can your Zhongli do with Auto attacks? I've seen tests that say that if you want to build him for damage, going for max meteor damage outpaces physical Zhongli pretty easily while still making his shield really strong. Still, I'm all for anti-meta builds, so I'm interested in what you're doing.

Also, I don't want to get anybody too excited, but a highly unlikely rumor states that MHY is toying around with the idea of giving us a male character with the "buff" build, like Anemo/Electro Fatui but player character sized. They're supposedly testing it for 2.2. Maybe we'll finally see Varkas? I always pictured him as that type.

I hate that this is still happening

I still laugh at the "they should sue this Honkai Impact game for having the same game systems" posts.

Speaking of, R Reizo Ryuu -
Got HoF in my very first single pull. Took me 20k and the wishing well to get the Himeko stigmata though. I'm really happy with how they sent off the best girl in Chapter 25, so all is forgiven. Plus, I found out that Honkai 2nd also killed off Himeko, only to bring her back a few patches later really strong and pissed off. There's all sorts of signs that this is still possible. First playable Imaginary suit, hope holds on.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I still laugh at the "they should sue this Honkai Impact game for having the same game systems" posts.

Got HoF in my very first single pull. Took me 20k and the wishing well to get the Himeko stigmata though. I'm really happy with how they sent off the best girl in Chapter 25, so all is forgiven. Plus, I found out that Honkai 2nd also killed off Himeko, only to bring her back a few patches later really strong and pissed off. There's all sorts of signs that this is still possible. First playable Imaginary suit, hope holds on.
I don't think I saw this one! Link pls

Nice, I think I did like 40 pulls no luck, at least pretty much guaranteed to get rosemary's outfit now...
I really like the new mode, though getting only one key a week is kinda annoying..

Pejo

Nice, I think I did like 40 pulls no luck, at least pretty much guaranteed to get rosemary's outfit now...
I really like the new mode, though getting only one key a week is kinda annoying..
That makes one of us. It's just another time consuming grind facing the exact same enemies again. I would be fine if it was a temp event, but I don't need another chore every week to take out the trash again.

What kind of damage can your Zhongli do with Auto attacks? I've seen tests that say that if you want to build him for damage, going for max meteor damage outpaces physical Zhongli pretty easily while still making his shield really strong. Still, I'm all for anti-meta builds, so I'm interested in what you're doing.
Yeah its probably better I just dont really care. It's still completely OP imo and for whatever reason I just really like the physical damage attacks over ults and elemental bonuses. I just want to see how high the white numbers can go lol.

He doesn't do anything amazing but he crits a lot thanks to a Gladiator helm with 31% crit rate and 31% crit damage. Then I use a Physical Damage bonus cup Pale Flame 2 piece set along with the 2 piece Glad and have some more attack% and crit damage substats on those. I would use 2 piece Bolide for another 25% phys damage instead of the 18% attack from the 2 piece Glad, but I don't have good enough Bolide pieces yet.

I triple crowned him and then like I said run him with another Geo character. His normal attack does about 2K (I'm at 2,047 attack) and crits anywhere from 4 - 8K and with the crescent pike at R3 dealing damage so quickly he's perfectly viable as a main DPS. I think his charge attack does around 15K and his Ult still crits for about 45K.

Last edited:
Do you guys know about the hidden chest which appears on breaking every pot on the small island with the domain? I saw pots hanging in weird locations and broke all of them and then got a message about enemy reinforcement coming and just one regular samurai came and after killing him got a precious (or maybe exquisite) chest.

That makes one of us. It's just another time consuming grind facing the exact same enemies again. I would be fine if it was a temp event, but I don't need another chore every week to take out the trash again.
Yeah I like it, I was missing a mode where I could just keep fighting enemies with no stamina cost.

Fuz

Banned
Just got everything from the Teather Mechanicus.

I actually like it, maybe the stages take a little too long but no big deal. It's two runs a day.

Saber

So they changed the tower game and you no longer level up you mechanics, you just level up as a whole?

i hate this tower shit

Not to mention healing auras for monsters.
Really, I'm one step for quitting this mini-game. The last time was that stupid food delivery event.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
So they changed the tower game and you no longer level up you mechanics, you just level up as a whole?

i hate this tower shit

WTF? I played today the tower game and I can't believe they make worst.

Not saying the last one was bad, have their problems, but would resolve with a polish here and there.

Now, they double down the problems of the tower game and made even more shit.

Gonna just get the primo and never touch again.

It's not a great event, but it's also incredible easy. Most stages can be cleared easily by only building pyro towers and upgrading them as much as possible.

Fake

Gold Member
Yeah, but I rather playing the original one with you upgrade your tower. Not to mention don't make any sense giving auras to monsters. This is not Abyss challenge you know.

BlackM1st

Banned
Not sure why you people hate mechanicus so much.

It's much better than farming domains.
WUT. No way. I clear domains 5x times as fast and with heroes of my choice. Imagine if you had your skills and weapons randomly swapped in each domain xD Nah, I'd rather clear a couple of ley lines in 30 seconds.

Saber

Not sure why you people hate mechanicus so much.

It's much better than farming domains.

I don't think so. Even if theres abusing domains like the cryo one, I can still burst/skill spam them to death.

Mechanicus? You're good until you find a big ass Hilicurl, Ruin Guard and Ruin Hunter with ultra high movemment speed and high endurance, making it run through your machines like Sonic the Hedgehog and showing his middle fingler to you before entering the exit.

Fuz

Banned
Mechanicus? You're good until you find a big ass Hilicurl, Ruin Guard and Ruin Hunter with ultra high movemment speed and high endurance, making it run through your machines like Sonic the Hedgehog and showing his middle fingler to you before entering the exit.
Stack electro towers.

Pejo

RfY1mAB.gif

Fake

Gold Member
I spend my last primos on 10 wishes and...

Yeah, I did. Get another Sayu. Gonna try this new Sayu on the next Abyss challenge.

Now, I'll wait until Signora banner.

Fake

Gold Member
Is it just me or is Sayu an Anemo Bannett?

You mean Bennett? Sayu can heal using elemental skills and elemental burst, but she can increase the damage output of your party unless you make 4-set anemo artifact to reduce elemental resistance.

Pejo

Is Sayu a buffer at all?
Since she has access to VV set and your spare Wolf's Gravestone, sorta/kinda. Not directly in her kit though. Just heal/swirlbot out of the box. Notably improves at C1 when she can both heal and swirl at the same time.

Fake

Gold Member
Since she has access to VV set and your spare Wolf's Gravestone, sorta/kinda. Not directly in her kit though. Just heal/swirlbot out of the box. Notably improves at C1 when she can both heal and swirl at the same time.

She act as a healer most of the time.

BTW, 4-set anemo make her pretty good.

BlackM1st

Banned
Yea the VV set that I was talking about is the 4 piece Viredescent Venerer anemo set, which is one way you can make her a pseudo support.

*edit*

srjj3udwrqh71.jpg
Dat feeling when Amber's charged shot is more powerful than a charged shot from the latest 5☆ lmao

Pejo

Here's a long but great post on a ton of the issues with Yoimiya and her kit. Worth a read if you rolled her/like her at all.

Some gif excerpts just because they're laughable.
xg8wx1redsh71.gif

abh9npeedsh71.gif

ieyb9wpddsh71.gif

Elite enemy dodging or piss poor bow weapon design? That's for you to decide.

Last edited:

Lupingosei

Banned
Here's a long but great post on a ton of the issues with Yoimiya and her kit. Worth a read if you rolled her/like her at all.
That is a giant nothingburger with a lot of words.

This is pretty much true for all bow users. You could write the same about Childe, you also don't take along Fishl for her damage but for Oz.

You can't use every character in every setting the same way. Yoimiya works great against boss opponents and if you use her right, she can easily be the main dps.

I rolled for her, because I got the Skywind Harp through the standard banner and of all characters I can have atm and for the near future she is the only one who benefits the most of that weapon.

If you don't need or want her, that is great. But to be honest there is a lot of copium getting thrown around because people want to skip her for Baal. This is ok and if she is not that great, it is getting easier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom