• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fake

Gold Member
The only endgame for perfection is more perfection. Thus, C6 Amber is inevitable.

So apparently they're buffing Shogun again. Man, she must have really under-performed in practice in the beta, this is like the 6th buff.

fd2hwglm0zg71.jpg

LMAO. Zhongli buffs all over again. Will probably made her number one on Abyss challenge.

Pejo

Meanwhile Kokomi keeps getting nerfed (supposedly) despite being pretty weak already (supposedly. What's their plan?
She got a % nerf, but supposedly a sizeable base stat buff, so who knows. She seems to be some weird healer/non-crit dmg hybrid character. Not sure how that's going to go.

The biggest downer I've heard about Baal so far is that her elemental skill does zero damage to shields. It only procs if it does HP damage. That sucks if you are using her vs. abyss mages or lectors or any other enemy with a shield that blocks HP damage. At least it's still useful vs. Fatui and the mega hilichurls since they still take HP damage on hit, even with shields. Seems like a pretty big oversight though and seems to let Fischl reclaim her throne of best Electro support, at least for certain encounters.

BlackM1st

Banned
Meanwhile Kokomi keeps getting nerfed (supposedly) despite being pretty weak already (supposedly. What's their plan?
Sell waifu on her looks alone and extract money from simps.

YMY is basically the same.

Fish lady is just all around bad. Mona and a couple of fried chickens are far superior.

But who cares. Some pull for Sayu instead of Baal. Logic just not applies in some cases. Besides, we all play for fun and fun is different for everyone.

Fake

Gold Member
A 5 star healer is already a harder sell IMO, but Kokomi's kit just doesn't look good right now.

Fully agree. In fact, I never understand why a lady with a dragon incarnation (I guess?) would heal rather than be more destructive.

Maybe for not make Signora shine?

Fake

Gold Member
That's ALL she can do lol. Plus unlike Barbie she's an ON field hero. What a waste of a banner slot. Still, I'm not complaining. More time to save for upcoming banners.

Again, maybe this is Signora related, no?

Signora is a cryo catalyst [/quote]

Fake

Gold Member
Nope. Mona is better at WET status application haha. Plus her burst... So yeah, Fish lady is a simp trap :3

Just an especulation, maybe
tonning her down for promoving Signora. These two are catalyst, and IDK what next after Kokomi banner, either a rerun or Signora banner. She is by far the most hyped lady in the simp history.

BlackM1st

Banned
Just an especulation, maybe
tonning her down for promoving Signora. These two are catalyst, and IDK what next after Kokomi banner, either a rerun or Signora banner. She is by far the most hyped lady in the simp history.
Maybe, but Yae is coming too and we have absolutely no idea when either Catalyst lady will be released. Bringing Fish lady and YMY down only to promote other banners? Doubtful because MiHo wants all your money lol But only time will tell.

Fake

Gold Member
Maybe, but Yae is coming too and we have absolutely no idea when either Catalyst lady will be released. Bringing Fish lady and YMY down only to promote other banners? Doubtful because MiHo wants all your money lol But only time will tell.

Well, YMY banner is expected to flop, no?

Pejo

I'm still waiting for a catalyst character that's actually fun to play. Ning is the only one i'd kinda consider fun currently, because of the frequent elemental bursts and the Gundam shards. Klee is super strong but I hated the animation cancel jumping you have to do to get the most out of her. The rest of the catalyst users are just boring or off-field or hard to play due to long/awkward animations.

It'd be neat if there was an ultra mobile physical catalyst character that had a moveset similar to this one where you throw the catalyst at enemies:

Saber

At this point, I think they already know Baal gonna be a bigger hitter in terms of banner than Kokomi.
That means if they don't deliver a god 5-star Baal, they gonna end up repeating Zonghli ocorrence.

And it already feels like Kokomi gonna be a better Barbara.

At this point, I think they already know Baal gonna be a bigger hitter in terms of banner than Kokomi.
Well yeah, the archon was always going to be much more popular. That shouldn't affect Yoimiya and Kokomi though. They should be good characters that can pull their weight and stand on their own. It's like Mihoyo goes out of their way to make unpopular characters even less relevant. It just doesn't make sense to me. Both of these characters will get re-runs at some point in the future. That's six weeks of reduced income because the devs are too stubborn to just change some stuff around about these characters to make them better.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Who's banner is next? Baal or mermaid girl?

I legit thought Baal was only coming later year, not in 2.1.

I kept pushing on the new sword banner precisely because of that. I would have more than enough time to farm for her.

Today I just found out that she's dropping in 2.1. Great.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Baal is rumored to come first, then Kokomi. We will know for sure when the 2.1 patch stream happens, which will air in a week or two.
Thanks.

Kokomi as potential anniversary banner is legit horrible imo. But it is what it is.

Here's hoping they push Baal for Anniversary instead.

Last edited:

Zenaku

Thanks.

Kokomi as potential anniversary banner is legit horrible imo. But it is what it is.

Here's hoping they push Baal for Anniversary instead.
I'd rather have Baal alongside some big fresh content, with the new islands. Unless they have something huge hidden for the anniversary.

When I got Ganyu I barely played for several months since I had nowhere to explore and the events just didn't interest me.

If they push Baal back to the anniversary I'll have to stop playing for a few weeks just to use her for things outside of domains or short event quests.

BlackM1st

Banned
So nobody mentioning that Theater Mechanicus is back? One of my least favorite minigames has returned! Now with less rewards!
First time for me, but I consider to skip all the small rewards and just get myself a primos and Baals talent books. It's so freaking tedious.

Saber

So nobody mentioning that Theater Mechanicus is back? One of my least favorite minigames has returned! Now with less rewards!

Only my brother like this shit.
I was playing just to get a bit of rewards like "well, gonna play just a few times" until I notice the enemies there have healing aura lol
Not to mention the lowest reward demands you to be lvl 3.

So nobody mentioning that Theater Mechanicus is back?
I thought it was weird how the event overlapped with the previous one. Has that happened before? I suddenly had a lot to do yesterday.

The changes to mechanicus are hilarious to me. They took the feedback to heart (every stage is the same, there's no need to change your strategy) and decided to just limit what strategies the player can use per stage, and leave upgrades up to luck. The consequence of this decision is that people will just be rerolling cards constantly while not even paying attention to the game itself.

I'll still do it because I need those primos. I'm like a homeless person picking up pennies. I don't mind the event too much, even if it's not that interesting to me.

Pejo

Only my brother like this shit.
I was playing just to get a bit of rewards like "well, gonna play just a few times" until I notice the enemies there have healing aura lol
Not to mention the lowest reward demands you to be lvl 3.
My gf liked it last time too, she actually ended up dragging me through it. I'm hoping she doesn't mind the changes this time so she can drag me through it again. The RNG in upgrades is just too much for me.
I'm surprised at the relatively low peak for Ayaka, but she had some legs. Poor Yoimiya just ain't gonna do it. I made some feedback about her on the survey last night. In my opinion, she needs 2 upgrades to make her good.
  • Her normal attacks when imbued with pyro from her elemental skill need to have small AoE explosions on hit. This would partially address bow's naturally weak multi target problem, provided you could group the enemies with like Venti/Kaz/etc.
  • Her Burst is just awful in practice. It should spread to nearby enemies at the same time like Tart's riptide effect. One enemy at a time and procs every 2 seconds is just awful, and the AoE as is is way too small.
I kinda liked it the last time. They managed to butcher the fun out of it by introducing unnecessary new mechanics.
The only thing I like is the ability to change function of the totems you put down, BUT they had to bury that behind RNG which sucks.
I thought it was weird how the event overlapped with the previous one. Has that happened before? I suddenly had a lot to do yesterday.

The changes to mechanicus are hilarious to me. They took the feedback to heart (every stage is the same, there's no need to change your strategy) and decided to just limit what strategies the player can use per stage, and leave upgrades up to luck. The consequence of this decision is that people will just be rerolling cards constantly while not even paying attention to the game itself.

I'll still do it because I need those primos. I'm like a homeless person picking up pennies. I don't mind the event too much, even if it's not that interesting to me.
I think they took the feedback to heart that they have too much dead time in their patches. We'll see what the very end of the patches look like though, to see if they really improved. The least week or so of the BP is usually completely dead. But yea they sure have been aggressive with events lately, not that I mind.
NeoGaf designers more like. I also really like Theater Mechanicus it has some challenge to it.
That's your own fault if you use light theme. Shame! Shame!
Embarrassed Shame GIF

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm surprised at the relatively low peak for Ayaka, but she had some legs.
Pantsu nerf x sprint skill nerf. Still she's the most popular since Venti rerun. And ironically Venti being so high means absolutely nothing rn as I almost never see him in coop and more and more enemies are becoming immune to his ult.

Pejo

Pantsu nerf x sprint skill nerf. Still she's the most popular since Venti rerun. And ironically Venti being so high means absolutely nothing rn as I almost never see him in coop and more and more enemies are becoming immune to his ult.
There was an interesting discussion on this, that I read the other day. They're basically using new enemies to nerf him indirectly, to avoid the ire of the playerbase. Personally I don't really care even though I have him, but for people that really invested in him, I could see this being a point of contention. It does make you wonder if MHY has decided to not release many "light" tier enemies for a while though.

While I don't have a problem that the "large" human types like the purple/red samurai are unaffected by his ult, I feel that the mediums (the brown and blue ones and the "skinny" model fatui) should at least be suctioned inwards towards the center while standing still and slowed if walking out. Who knows what their succ algorithm looks like though, maybe that's tough for them to program without breaking something else.

Rikku-X

My gf liked it last time too, she actually ended up dragging me through it. I'm hoping she doesn't mind the changes this time so she can drag me through it again. The RNG in upgrades is just too much for me.

I'm surprised at the relatively low peak for Ayaka, but she had some legs. Poor Yoimiya just ain't gonna do it. I made some feedback about her on the survey last night. In my opinion, she needs 2 upgrades to make her good.
  • Her normal attacks when imbued with pyro from her elemental skill need to have small AoE explosions on hit. This would partially address bow's naturally weak multi target problem, provided you could group the enemies with like Venti/Kaz/etc.
  • Her Burst is just awful in practice. It should spread to nearby enemies at the same time like Tart's riptide effect. One enemy at a time and procs every 2 seconds is just awful, and the AoE as is is way too small.

The only thing I like is the ability to change function of the totems you put down, BUT they had to bury that behind RNG which sucks.

I think they took the feedback to heart that they have too much dead time in their patches. We'll see what the very end of the patches look like though, to see if they really improved. The least week or so of the BP is usually completely dead. But yea they sure have been aggressive with events lately, not that I mind.

That's your own fault if you use light theme. Shame! Shame!
Embarrassed Shame GIF
Lol I don't but NeoGaf uses the light as the default theme.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
I remember League of Legends doing the same strategy and not quite work. Instead of nerfing the char, they nerfed the item affecting every char that use the item.

Fuz

Banned
1. Go on Twitch and log in

https://www.twitch.tv/

2. Go to a stream where The Paimon extension is active and like it (not sure if that's a requirement during the 2,020,928 likes goal). Click on the 'Rewards'.

17120168b5d61baf6f144e922a5f2a4c_3797693574681963182.png

(Edit: there are a few stimmers active with Paimon extension rn:

)

3. Get your unique code and claim it!

cd2e22f54dc2085646d4798745623f8b_8759787611940993025.png

77d761f6bb4193896309a7f896325760_2170603495912864172.png

598f9dc7073a26f7cec7ffe251e99d12.png

Less than half a debate club.

STONKS

I can't make it work. Maybe you'll have more luck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom