• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fake

Gold Member
I hope this for a lot of the higher quality mobile titles, but I wish that when it hits end of service, they package everything up and sell it as an offline package. I'd enjoy making a new save file and playing through the story minus all of the time sinks, time gates, and grinding limitations. I don't think we've seen a really huge mobile game hit end of service yet though. I'm curious how it'll be handled at large when a lot of current games end.

The only mobile game I played that ended so far is Star Ocean: Anamnesis. They had the anniversary celebration, gave a ton of free guaranteed max rarity pulls, and then 2 weeks later announced the closure of the game. After that, they removed the real money purchases, opened everything up, and let players dick around for a few months before shutting it down and that's it. It wasn't a massive success, but it had really great 3D character models comparatively to everything else out at the time.

Yeah, for the size of content, even if reach the end life would be better launch an offline version, even if you need to pay for.

Hey R Reizo Ryuu
Playable/Farmable A rank Raven and S rank Mobius for CN anniversary in 5.2. Raven is imaginary type. Himeko imaginary suit hopium levels are now nearing dangerous levels. Also, new open world set back in Kallen days.
Bit miffed she's only an A rank, but I guess that's the price to pay if she's easily obtainable, but IMO they should've handled her like rosemary, powerful s ranker for a bit of time investment. Excited for her, though I wonder why she's that type, raises some questions about her, is this the one that dies in the irene adler bubble universe?
The S ranker looks fantastic, I guess it's going to be a bit of vindication for me, since I went 70 pull deep on HoF and didn't get shit, at least I can now just save the pity for this crazy green bitch.
New post honkai like activities are always welcome as well.

Last edited:

Ladioss

The reveal was cute but God, raiden archon story part 3 really needed to be 2 or 3x longer and better establish Teppei, Scar or even Kokkomi as characters. Maybe not asscreed longer, but at least try to pretend that these characters matter. Ugh.

Could someone ELI5 me the reasons for the Beidou/Baal drama, please ? It's about the lightning discharge of Beidou's burst, that's all ?

Last edited:
Could someone ELI5 me the reasons for the Beidou/Baal drama, please ? It's about the lightning discharge of Beidou's burst, that's all ?
Since Baal's attacks during her burst don't count as normal/charged attacks, they prevent effects from certain weapons and abilities from triggering. Beidou, electro Traveler and Skyward Spine all have abilities that can't activate on Baal as a result. It's safe to say more "restrictions" to Baal will happen in the future, as new characters and weapons are released.

According to Mihoyo this is all intended, but it actually used to work fine in the beta. This change was only revealed later, after the banner had already been live for a short time. Some players feel misled as a result. Negative comments on their forum and reddit have also been removed.

Thematically I think her kit works well. She's all about eternity, and what's more eternal than having bursts up all the time? But this clashes with the devs' desire to make her a DPS too. They decided to scale her attacks during her burst as burst damage for the sake of the artifact set and her weapon, so I'm not sure how they can even fix this.

Last edited:

Ladioss

I see, thanks for the explanation !

I'm still building mine for the time being so I haven't played much with her yet but agreed, I pulled her in the first place for the energy/burst management.
Still, MHY feels scammy on this one. Not a good or reassuring sign for the future of the game.

LOLCats

Banned
Man those new specter type enemies sure are annoying. Here I am just trying to get some of those fruits for Shogun's ascension and every 5 feet they pop up out of nowhere and agro you. They should at least be visible, if transparent. I hate the random spawning on top of you stuff.
you know that doesnt bother me, kinda feels old school rpg, just noticed the first time other day. I think there are some samurai that do it too.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
More islands is coming. God knows how many. On MiHo place I would use this island drip feed idea for quite some time.
I personally like it, I definitely rather be drip fed island content then have no new lands for 10 months like we did before

Honestly I don't really plan on using her lmao. I REALLY wanted her at launch but she's evaded me until now, and I'm done farming the Fire bosses/domains (used Barbara instead) so.. she's probably going to be benched. I'm just glad to finally have her for completionist's sake. The only OG 5-star I'm missing now is Keqing, but I also don't need her now that I have Raiden.
Ya i didnt get her till a few months ago, and same here, by the time i got her already had better wet characters, c6 Barbara and childe from his first banner.

edit: mona is great with parametric transformer. You can sprint into like ayaka can

Last edited:

BJK

Made it through the story mode...(no spoilers)...might be the best written chapter thusfar.

Did 5 sets of pulls, got Raiden shogun right on-pity (76th draw). Did the next 3 pulls, ended up with Sara C1, plus Xiangling (now C4), and Diona (C5). I have enough currency to do at least another 50 pulls: weapon banner, try for C1 Shogun (since I should hit soft pity), try my luck on the weapon banner, hold off for a 50/50 on Yae or C1 Ganyu.

Unforged would be a disappointment, but it would work pretty well on that C5 Noelle I'm not doing anything with just yet. The only claymore I have leveled up at the moment is sacrificial, which wouldn't be my go-to for any dps claymore user (Xinyan's more of a shield-bot). I should just settle for giving her the Catch and leaving it at that. It's super tempting, since claymore and spear are the two weapon types where I don't have a 5-star yet; if I'm spending trying to get a 5-star weapon, though...I'd like it to be more versatile.

I tend to wander around with one carry (Ningguang C6, w/ Skyward Atlas), a healer (currently Diona), and 2 randoms to build friendship XP (currently Lisa - since I needed electro for sakura blossoms...until yesterday, and Xinyan). Now I have Aloy, Shogun (already up to Lv. 60), and Sara to work on. Might even work on the water boy as my next healer (no Sayu yet, but my Barb, Qiqi, and Jean have all graduated from leveling duty)....but I haven't been all that impressed with him.

Question for anyone who knows: if you hit pity during a 10-pull, do you count the draws after the 5-star towards your next pity? Doesn't really affect my decision, just curious.

LOLCats

Banned
Question for anyone who knows: if you hit pity during a 10-pull, do you count the draws after the 5-star towards your next pity? Doesn't really affect my decision, just curious.
Yes, once you get 5*, the next wish is the first wish towards your next pity. Just check the history and start counting from the most recent gold name

Last edited:

Pejo

Good vid that shows one of my current problems with Sara. Really, she's just trash though. Her whole kit is broken and sucks. Even if you C6, she still sucks and is only useful in a VERY minor subset of teams. She disappoints me more than Xinyan, and I was generally pretty excited for her. Clearly nobody in the beta is doing their job, they're just playing it to get a sneak peek at all the new stuff. MHY should just hire beta testers instead of letting smooth brained players do it. This character should have never left the cutting room floor in her current state, and if Xinyan is any kind of predictor, they're never going to even acknowledge it or fix her.

Fake

Gold Member

Good vid that shows one of my current problems with Sara. Really, she's just trash though. Her whole kit is broken and sucks. Even if you C6, she still sucks and is only useful in a VERY minor subset of teams. She disappoints me more than Xinyan, and I was generally pretty excited for her. Clearly nobody in the beta is doing their job, they're just playing it to get a sneak peek at all the new stuff. MHY should just hire beta testers instead of letting smooth brained players do it. This character should have never left the cutting room floor in her current state, and if Xinyan is any kind of predictor, they're never going to even acknowledge it or fix her.

Strange that new chars start to showing pretty inconsistence gameplay after and after. Make me wonder if is the same guy behind all this. Glad I skip Sara because I was looking for some bow char, now gonna wait for re runs anw.

And I read some GI Beta reddit and never know that Xinyan was a 5* char, people send them feedback (probably about her elemental skill bug) and instead of adress they just drop her to 4*

IMO with the exception of Sayu every other character released for Inazuma so far are disappointing and not worth pulling for including Raiden.

BlackM1st

Banned
disappointing and not worth pulling for including Raiden.

U WOT M8

yNl6Wzo.gif

Pejo

Strange that new chars start to showing pretty inconsistence gameplay after and after. Make me wonder if is the same guy behind all this. Glad I skip Sara because I was looking for some bow char, now gonna wait for re runs anw.

And I read some GI Beta reddit and never know that Xinyan was a 5* char, people send them feedback (probably about her elemental skill bug) and instead of adress they just drop her to 4*
Wonder if that Xinyan bit is true? She seems like a native 4* to me, from both a design/animation and kit perspective. But yea, their quality of characters and especially character performance has shot down dramatically since Kaz, IMO.

IMO with the exception of Sayu every other character released for Inazuma so far are disappointing and not worth pulling for including Raiden.
Agree, but I actually like Raiden. So far I have only been able to get her to level 70 with talents about halfway and a mediocre unleveled artifact set, but she has great synergy with either my Tartaglia or Eula teams. I was a heavy electro character user before this patch though. I think a lot of the pyro/cryo mains are hoping that Shogun would make electro good for once, but it's just the same, and they probably just weren't using it much before other than Fischl turrets. I do find it a little disheartening though that her Burst damage numbers are just awful compared to any Pyro/Cryo character or even Tart/Xiao. That's kind of half of her whole kit - energy recharge to blow up enemies with her Burst, but it is just so damn weak. Both the initial hit and the subsequent hits. Even fundamentally broken Pyro characters like Yoimiya can do more per-hit damage with her normal attack than Shogun can do in Burst mode, mostly just because of how bad Electro is for damage bursts.

Fake

Gold Member
Wonder if that Xinyan bit is true? She seems like a native 4* to me, from both a design/animation and kit perspective. But yea, their quality of characters and especially character performance has shot down dramatically since Kaz, IMO.

I not a part of the Beta program, but if I remember right, Xinyan can generate two shields with is kinda amazing, is like Barbara heal from both elemental skill and elemental burst.

Drop her to 4* and lock her second shiled behind constellation looks pretty convenient to me.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man, that whole underground section of Seirai Island was great. Seirei in general feels more finished and well designed than Watatsumi by a large margin. I feel like the whole Sangonomiya resistance and Watatsumi parts were rushed for whatever reason to finish the Inazuma archon quest in 2.1. It's a shame, I don't think that anyone was demanding Inazuma's story to be over so quickly. They could have done a new story quest each patch and I think people would have still been happy. Probably would have helped the story too. I'd have been fine with only one new island this patch, especially if it would have increased the quality of the design of the other island.

YukiOnna

Man, that whole underground section of Seirai Island was great. Seirei in general feels more finished and well designed than Watatsumi by a large margin. I feel like the whole Sangonomiya resistance and Watatsumi parts were rushed for whatever reason to finish the Inazuma archon quest in 2.1. It's a shame, I don't think that anyone was demanding Inazuma's story to be over so quickly. They could have done a new story quest each patch and I think people would have still been happy. Probably would have helped the story too. I'd have been fine with only one new island this patch, especially if it would have increased the quality of the design of the other island.
Yeah. It was one of the things I was hoping they'd change from the launch regions in increasing the amount of story done throughout. It's never too late at least so I'll continue to ask them to add new story arcs eventually if they can so older regions aren't forgotten. Lot of history or new things they can cover that qualify as a Archon Quest. Seirai is excellently designed and I hope Tsurumi is the same.

Pejo

Yeah. It was one of the things I was hoping they'd change from the launch regions in increasing the amount of story done throughout. It's never too late at least so I'll continue to ask them to add new story arcs eventually if they can so older regions aren't forgotten. Lot of history or new things they can cover that qualify as a Archon Quest. Seirai is excellently designed and I hope Tsurumi is the same.
It was especially glaring with

The whole Teipei thing. 3 cutscenes and the dude went from normal to fighting 20 battles against high level shogunate soldiers, to sailing the ocean, to now he's 90 years old. I realize they said that using the Delusion accelerates aging but come the fuck on. It was so comical that none of the "gravity" of the situation hit me at all. Then Kokomi, you get there, you become captain of 2 guys that you never talk to again after the first 10 mins, you go do some hilichurl kill quest in a small uninhabited island, and then off to fight the Shogun. Like why? Why was it so rushed? I sure hope we get more time with her and her storyline when we inevitably go underwater and fight the baddie down there. I'm also bummed out that the only sea monster we see is the skeleton for that mini questline, which was also rushed and disappointing.

*edit*

I finally fought the new Hydrostasis cube boss too. Everything good I said about the new Thunder boss is taken back for the water boss. It's an absolutely shit fight where 90% of the battle, the damn thing is immune to damage again. Unlike other cubes, it doesn't have long vulnerability phases either. You gotta avoid all its shit for 30 seconds for a 3 second vulnerability phase. It's almost reason enough for me to NOT roll Kokomi, so I don't have to farm that damn thing. Granted, I went in blind, but even my Ganyu team took like 8 minutes to kill it the first time. Awful design.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

It was especially glaring with

The whole Teipei thing. 3 cutscenes and the dude went from normal to fighting 20 battles against high level shogunate soldiers, to sailing the ocean, to now he's 90 years old. I realize they said that using the Delusion accelerates aging but come the fuck on. It was so comical that none of the "gravity" of the situation hit me at all. Then Kokomi, you get there, you become captain of 2 guys that you never talk to again after the first 10 mins, you go do some hilichurl kill quest in a small uninhabited island, and then off to fight the Shogun. Like why? Why was it so rushed? I sure hope we get more time with her and her storyline when we inevitably go underwater and fight the baddie down there. I'm also bummed out that the only sea monster we see is the skeleton for that mini questline, which was also rushed and disappointing.

*edit*

I finally fought the new Hydrostasis cube boss too. Everything good I said about the new Thunder boss is taken back for the water boss. It's an absolutely shit fight where 90% of the battle, the damn thing is immune to damage again. Unlike other cubes, it doesn't have long vulnerability phases either. You gotta avoid all its shit for 30 seconds for a 3 second vulnerability phase. It's almost reason enough for me to NOT roll Kokomi, so I don't have to farm that damn thing. Granted, I went in blind, but even my Ganyu team took like 8 minutes to kill it the first time. Awful design.
Yeah
It is like the second half of that Act is great with the Delusion Factory and Yae's appearance, but then anything to do with Kokomi and Teppei is rushed and forgotten; it also skipped over your leadership role completely. Sometimes I wonder why the Archon Quests are partly less detailed than the Character Quests, even if the content is sometimes boring, at least it took its time to get into it so when it hits it's good. Hopefully like Raiden's, Kokomi's serves as a continuation of the main story (some hope with that small cutscene of Sara at Watatsumi in the 2.1 trailer) and they have more main story material for existing regions later down the road.

I gave up on new cubes being good bosses btw.

Pejo

Yeah
It is like the second half of that Act is great with the Delusion Factory and Yae's appearance, but then anything to do with Kokomi and Teppei is rushed and forgotten; it also skipped over your leadership role completely. Sometimes I wonder why the Archon Quests are partly less detailed than the Character Quests, even if the content is sometimes boring, at least it took its time to get into it so when it hits it's good. Hopefully like Raiden's, Kokomi's serves as a continuation of the main story (some hope with that small cutscene of Sara at Watatsumi in the 2.1 trailer) and they have more main story material for existing regions later down the road.

I gave up on new cubes being good bosses btw.
I'm assuming it has to be different teams that don't talk to each other doing quests direction and writing. Look at hangouts. Started off ok with Noelle and Barbie, but then they gave us Diona/Benny/Chongus. Who in the hell thought that those characters are the ones that people wanted to hang out with? Top "husbando" people are clamoring for Zhongli/Childe/Albedo/Xiao, for everyone else, you could pick any waifu. But no, we get one of the children and 2 of the characters that fell into neither category.

Now for the next round - like 4 months later, we get another child (Sayu) and Thoma. I guess people will at least be happy about Thoma though. Then you have to wonder if they're using hangouts only for 4* characters, since the 5*s generally get their own category of quests. But to me, that doesn't feel like they're the same thing. The hangouts are like dating sims or at least "choose your adventure" stories. The 5* character stories are more for building lore and expanding the background of the characters.

The narrative quality and quest types feel almost drawn out of a hat. Look at that Reconciling Stars event. Out of nowhere, it came in, introduced new characters, gave a ton of useful world lore that you couldn't get anywhere else, and it was limited time, disappeared, never mentioned again. To me, that feels like it should be added to Mona or Fischl's story quests for posterity. Then Ganyu's story quest was just basically exterminating some low level enemies while she complained about not fitting in. Worthless for the most part. Zhongli's story quests - some of the best and most interesting in the game. Then, we have an interesting quest to unlock the Teapot, charming quest with Yanfei, and then she disappears from Liyue entirely, not even in background promotional art like Xinyan. Eula quest - everybody's talkin' bout Eula. After Eula's quest - not even an NPC mention anywhere in Mondstadt that she exists.

I think they need to gather everyone into a room, draw out a map of what types of quests they create, which characters have them, and fill in some blanks across the board. I don't need Sayu hangouts. How about we get Keqing's first quest? Stuff like that.

YukiOnna

I'm assuming it has to be different teams that don't talk to each other doing quests direction and writing. Look at hangouts. Started off ok with Noelle and Barbie, but then they gave us Diona/Benny/Chongus. Who in the hell thought that those characters are the ones that people wanted to hang out with? Top "husbando" people are clamoring for Zhongli/Childe/Albedo/Xiao, for everyone else, you could pick any waifu. But no, we get one of the children and 2 of the characters that fell into neither category.

Now for the next round - like 4 months later, we get another child (Sayu) and Thoma. I guess people will at least be happy about Thoma though. Then you have to wonder if they're using hangouts only for 4* characters, since the 5*s generally get their own category of quests. But to me, that doesn't feel like they're the same thing. The hangouts are like dating sims or at least "choose your adventure" stories. The 5* character stories are more for building lore and expanding the background of the characters.

The narrative quality and quest types feel almost drawn out of a hat. Look at that Reconciling Stars event. Out of nowhere, it came in, introduced new characters, gave a ton of useful world lore that you couldn't get anywhere else, and it was limited time, disappeared, never mentioned again. To me, that feels like it should be added to Mona or Fischl's story quests for posterity. Then Ganyu's story quest was just basically exterminating some low level enemies while she complained about not fitting in. Worthless for the most part. Zhongli's story quests - some of the best and most interesting in the game. Then, we have an interesting quest to unlock the Teapot, charming quest with Yanfei, and then she disappears from Liyue entirely, not even in background promotional art like Xinyan. Eula quest - everybody's talkin' bout Eula. After Eula's quest - not even an NPC mention anywhere in Mondstadt that she exists.

I think they need to gather everyone into a room, draw out a map of what types of quests they create, which characters have them, and fill in some blanks across the board. I don't need Sayu hangouts. How about we get Keqing's first quest? Stuff like that.
Yeah has to be since it feels like different writers since the quality varies so much. Archons clearly have priority, but it should at least be 5 stars in general- Limited or not. I was surprised to hear that Hangouts is for 4 stars only because it's entirely different from character quests. I think people would be pretty happy having a VN style system come to 5 stars because Character Quests (esp the Archons) deal with heavier topics and are linear. Diona one still perplexed me and after all the obvious questions about the lack of a Keq Character story, the most they could end up giving her was a food event with Xianling. Great.

Also feels strangely slow for the output of character quests. I don't know if it's because of the introduction of hangouts, but is it slow. Even if they're producing HQ Cutscenes, Domains, and 2D Cutscenes with it. I hope they can work out a proper flow. As a live service game, at least it can change.

Finally done farming mats to get Raiden to 90. The Thunder Manifestation is soooo annoying to fight. It teleports too goddamn much. If it shows up again in some future event I'm probably just going to skip it lmao

But yeah, Raiden as a Diluc support (he'll probably always be my main DPS) is pretty damn good IMO. Her passive slashes + Diluc's standard DPS combo is absolutely melting most lvl90+ enemies. But I'm seeing a lot of talk online that she's underpowered so maybe she'll get a Zhongli-style buff (aka a buff I don't think is necessary but I'll totally be ok with).

YukiOnna

Can't forget that they intentionally made the top-up reset come with Raiden Shogun. They know she'll make dough globally and Kokomi was secondary.

Saber

Wow, I expected Baal to be popular, but that's a huge increase. No wonder they decided to keep those 10 fates until after her banner.

They didn't born yesterday. They put all they got into fishing people on Baal. No wonder it has a massive outrage, thats the price for feeding whales.

Can't forget that they intentionally made the top-up reset come with Raiden Shogun. They know she'll make dough globally and Kokomi was secondary.
Good point about the shop reset. That'll help boost sales.

I feel bad for Kokomi though. Even in the story she gets shafted.
She just gives you some random orders and is then never seen again.
The game does nothing to make her exciting. Her island is pretty neat though. You'd think they would put two very powerful characters back to back to force people to wish for both, but I guess it doesn't work that way. I guess they're the experts.

They didn't born yesterday. They put all they got into fishing people on Baal. No wonder it has a massive outrage, thats the price for feeding whales.
Mihoyo will just revert to pre-release Baal and harvest those good guy points for listening to the community. Problem solved, fat wads of cash in the pocket.

YukiOnna

Good point about the shop reset. That'll help boost sales.

I feel bad for Kokomi though. Even in the story she gets shafted.
She just gives you some random orders and is then never seen again.
The game does nothing to make her exciting. Her island is pretty neat though. You'd think they would put two very powerful characters back to back to force people to wish for both, but I guess it doesn't work that way. I guess they're the experts.

Mihoyo will just revert to pre-release Baal and harvest those good guy points for listening to the community. Problem solved, fat wads of cash in the pocket.
Yep and she's not some small fry in terms of otaku bucks either. She's got a pretty huge voice actress behind her so it's pretty weird (and sad) to see Mihoyo do her in like that. Hope they make it up to her with the character story and future stories. I know her playstyle is a bit wonky, too.

Zenaku

Whew, I don't know if this is accurate or not, but if so...

H2EprPS.png

I can only hope that a small mom/pop company like MHY can afford those 10 anniversary wishes we're getting in a few weeks.
Definitely gonna get some sort of buff or alterations.

Initial burst damage can be great under certain conditions (at 146k crit damage now) and the main burst period is ok, but she's an absolute weakling outside of burst. Fighting a group of enemies outside of burst and she barely makes a scratch; switch to my Ganyu and her charged shot kills all of them in 5-10 seconds.

That'll obviously improve with time, upgrading her talents and such, but even fully upgraded I can't see her DPS potential topping Ganyu without changes.

BlackM1st

Banned
The Thunder Manifestation is soooo annoying to fight. It teleports too goddamn much.

My new phone has finally arrived. Galaxy Fold 3 runs Genshin like a charm, everything is on max.

But boy oh boy, this particular boss is a bitch to fight on mobile, even when it's buttery smooth.

Cocogoat is almost useless on mobile haha.

On console I just bum rushing it, using Geo Lord's shield and Cocogoat. Usually done in less than a minute.

On mobile I can't move and aim as fast and forced to use Ayaka and Noelle.

Pro tip: start the fight with all ultimates charged up and just spam em all at once lol

Whew, I don't know if this is accurate or not, but if so...

H2EprPS.png

I can only hope that a small mom/pop company like MHY can afford those 10 anniversary wishes we're getting in a few weeks.
Holy Fuck, no words.

Well, at least message is clear, people like Raiden. I hope MiHo will listen and adjust its hero release flow to people's liking.

Eula, Raiden,

Basically were made for each other. Still hate EULA'S combo gameplay so not gonna pull when she will get her re-run. Unless I will pull some 5☆ claymore from the standard banner lol

Also, what's up with everyone loosing their shit about Tart's re-run? He already had 2 banners. He bombed both times. People see new leaked 5☆ bow and immediately assume Tart. Hilarious.

I can't imagine he's having a 3rd banner in like... ever. Unless MiHo really hates money.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
So, after my amazing unlucky run on the previous epitome weapon banner, I managed to pull Raiden Shogun in the first 40 multis, winning 50/50.

Then I decided to tackle weapon banner, and after 15 pulls I also got her weapon (was already at 50 pulls from previous epitome, but no fate points).

So, overall 55 pulls for both her and the weapon. Probably my luckiest run on Genshin so far.

Party Dancing GIF by Florida Georgia Line

Lupingosei

Banned
Well, at least message is clear, people like Raiden. I hope MiHo will listen and adjust its hero release flow to people's liking.
But people have no idea what they want.

Of all the meta players 90% use Zhongli in the abyss, guess who is next? Kazuha. He is in 80%+ of all teams.

Out of the whole characters within the last few months, he is probably the most useful and has by far the best kit. He is the best designed, even better than Raiden Shogun.

But people rather chose Klee on the rerun than him. Klee is between Jean, Deluc and Barbara. More people use Yomiya for the 36 star abyss than her. Way more people use Albedo who according to the people was the worst 5 star before Yoimiya.

It is not even clear if Baal will make it to the top of the teams in the long run. People do not always make good decisions and players should hope that the game never turns into a popularity contest or else you will never get another Kazuha.

Lupingosei

Banned
Or they could just, y'know, make waifus with actual good and interesting kits. It's not like they have to exclude each other.
They do as well, but not everybody can fill every role. You need support characters and different kinds of damage dealers. Eula is a great waifu, works well in her role, is useful and people still moan, because they don't like her role of the blunt damage dealer. Same for Ayaka, she is even higher in the abyss and very useful and a lot of people also said she was way too weak and nerved to the ground and will skip her for Raiden because of that.

Ayaka is now just behind Bennett for abyss, she is that useful. But again nowhere near as popular as Ei.

They do as well, but not everybody can fill every role. You need support characters and different kinds of damage dealers. Eula is a great waifu, works well in her role, is useful and people still moan, because they don't like her role of the blunt damage dealer. Same for Ayaka, she is even higher in the abyss and very useful and a lot of people also said she was way too weak and nerved to the ground and will skip her for Raiden because of that.

Ayaka is now just behind Bennett for abyss, she is that useful. But again nowhere near as popular as Ei.
So why do you think Baal is so popular then? Is it her design? Is it because she's an archon, or even because her role in the story is big? What could they do to get other characters to be as popular as her?

Lupingosei

Banned
So why do you think Baal is so popular then? Is it her design? Is it because she's an archon, or even because her role in the story is big? What could they do to get other characters to be as popular as her?
I think because both Zhongli and Venti were very useful and fun to play it is a good bet, that Raiden Shogun will be as well. The problem is, even Zhongli and Venti are support characters. If people skip every interesting damage dealer for the archons and rather want a C6 Ei than a C0 Ayaka, they will not gain that much.

By some crazy notion, people think they need to put all their eggs in one basket.

Last edited:
I think because both Zhongli and Venti were very useful and fun to play it is a good bet, that Raiden Shogun will be as well. The problem is, even Zhongli and Venti are support characters. If people skip every interesting damage dealer for the archons and rather want a C6 Ei than a C0 Ayaka, they will not gain that much.

By some crazy notion, people think they need to put all their eggs in one basket.
Is it really that big a group that forgoes all those other characters to get a C6 Baal though? I think she's just universally loved, and we're in a moment in time where supports are getting more attention from the playerbase. As long as you have solid supports, you can play pretty much any DPS character and blaze through all content in the game. It makes sense then that powerful supports are perceived as required, whereas DPS comes down to preference. The "meta" changed quite a bit from a year ago as well, and it will continue to shift, forcing players to use new characters and strategies.

Top Bottom