• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

BlackM1st

Banned
"- Wow, a talking cat!"

"- Mute cat continues to communicate via subtitles..."

Seriously, MiHO? xD

It was even the part of their disastrous 2.1 EN stream where voice actors were losing their shit over it lmao

YukiOnna

Tsurumi Island is the only one left from the public announcements. But of course there's lots saying there are other equally large areas to come.

shes been on my bench until that new pyro boss. she is handy for that bossses shield.
Honestly I don't really plan on using her lmao. I REALLY wanted her at launch but she's evaded me until now, and I'm done farming the Fire bosses/domains (used Barbara instead) so.. she's probably going to be benched. I'm just glad to finally have her for completionist's sake. The only OG 5-star I'm missing now is Keqing, but I also don't need her now that I have Raiden.

BlackM1st

Banned
The only OG 5-star I'm missing now is Keqing, but I also don't need her now that I have Raiden.

Keqing is really nice for Inazuma exploration. She's the reason I'm yet to resonate my Traveler with electric element hah

But generally speaking yeah, she isn't someone you will need to use now when game is 1 year old and we have so many great DMG dealers.

Pejo

Hey R Reizo Ryuu
Playable/Farmable A rank Raven and S rank Mobius for CN anniversary in 5.2. Raven is imaginary type. Himeko imaginary suit hopium levels are now nearing dangerous levels. Also, new open world set back in Kallen days.

Last edited:

Saber

The fishing mechanic is fun imo. Could be expanded to catch normal fishes though...since the release of this game I told them via feedback that catching fishs by swimming sounds pretty stupid(Skyrim level of stupid).

Last edited:

Pejo

Oh yea, it's what I've been waiting for:

gx5obdleb2l71.jpg

LOLCats

Banned
I dunno if the devs have ever seen how bombs work though. I can assure you that if you bomb a fish, there's not much left to eat. How would you even get the little fish chunks out of the water.

co5ns4y1c2l71.png
I think the concussive force is actually supposed to just knock them out and they float to the top

Fake

Gold Member
Still Baal and Beidou?

Yeah. Accusing Myh of misleading between Baal kit. CN fanbase are saying they have been should address this before release the banner.

Not into the Baal banner, but kinda agree. Those whales shit spend a huge amount of money in those games, at least be honest about what you're offering.

edit: People playing the BETA version said the Baal/Beidou combo works as should, only on the official patch 2.1 was removed, so they don't know that was removed because was working on the BETA version only.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Yeah. Accusing Myh of misleading between Baal kit. CN fanbase are saying they have been should address this before release the banner.

Not into the Baal banner, but kinda agree. Those whales shit spend a huge amount of money in those games, at least be honest about what you're offering.

edit: People playing the BETA version said the Baal/Beidou combo works as should, only on the official patch 2.1 was removed, so they don't know that was removed because was working on the BETA version only.
But... but they gave 100 apologems! That should settle it!

Saber

I dunno if the devs have ever seen how bombs work though. I can assure you that if you bomb a fish, there's not much left to eat. How would you even get the little fish chunks out of the water.

co5ns4y1c2l71.png

Hey, how do I get those little pink ornament fishes? I need one, but I couldn find it. And the place where I first find it didn't respawn.
Also, where did I get this fish place for teapot?

Pejo

'The Catch' looks a perfect weapon for Rosaria.
Yea for her Cryo support build it's great.

Hey, how do I get those little pink ornament fishes? I need one, but I couldn find it. And the place where I first find it didn't respawn.
Also, where did I get this fish place for teapot?
Teapot furniture thing is sold by the Liyue fishing guy. He's at the very end of the dry dock pier in Liyue

I think the concussive force is actually supposed to just knock them out and they float to the top
Yea if you just bomb the water around them, not if you actually bomb the fish themselves like you do in the game.

Man those new specter type enemies sure are annoying. Here I am just trying to get some of those fruits for Shogun's ascension and every 5 feet they pop up out of nowhere and agro you. They should at least be visible, if transparent. I hate the random spawning on top of you stuff.

YukiOnna

Raiden's character story was great. Really hope we get Chapter 2 in the next couple patches like we got with Zhongli.

Time to feesh and do the other event.

Aenima

So this new event was basically built for me. Finally, a reason to have a shit ton of characters built and leveled. I really enjoyed it. Now mix it with Misty Dungeon and I could play that for quite a while.
Same, as i replace characters on my team i leave the old ones with they weapon and artifacts unchanged. Paid off for this event as i had enough chars to build the teams and get gold on extreme. Only used Xiao from the guest chars.

Fake

Gold Member
Raiden's character story was great. Really hope we get Chapter 2 in the next couple patches like we got with Zhongli.

Time to feesh and do the other event.

IMO
was too short and rushed, but I was expecting the Traveler to became the super sayan, IDK, maybe getting his wings/gold sword back when all those visions help him? Would be amazing.

Pejo

IMO
was too short and rushed, but I was expecting the Traveler to became the super sayan, IDK, maybe getting his wings/gold sword back when all those visions help him? Would be amazing.
The thing about that is the vision buff he got wasn't his power at all, it was a borrowed power from the visions that were taken, facilitated by Yae. I am excited for when we get our native powers back though, maybe we'll finally upgrade our Dull Blade too.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
The thing about that is the vision buff he got wasn't his power at all, it was a borrowed power from the visions that were taken, facilitated by Yae. I am excited for when we get our native powers back though, maybe we'll finally upgrade our Dull Blade too.

He got the golden aura, like when he struck Jade Palace into that hydro god. At least he could stop using the dull blade for cutscenes.

YukiOnna

Yeah. On normal terms we were never going to win against her. It was more to help Ei hear the wishes of the people than a contest of raw power. Maybe we'll finally get Ascension Level 1 Dull Blade.

Fake

Gold Member
Maybe making the Traveler use a random 3* star weapon instead of the Dull Blade in cutscenes would be a good ideia.

Dark Iron sword is my favorite because looks more like an obsidian, or maybe the Skyrider sword with his jade color.

YukiOnna

Maybe making the Traveler use a random 3* star weapon instead of the Dull Blade in cutscenes would be a good ideia.

Dark Iron sword is my favorite because looks more like an obsidian, or maybe the Skyrider sword with his jade color.
Kinda sucks they can't just have your current weapon appear in cutscene, but it's a trade-off I'm willing to take...

Pejo

If they don't plan on giving him a "godslayer" weapon in a story cutscene sometime in the future, it should be the Sword of Descension.

If they are going to give him a story weapon, until then it should be the Prototype Rancour. Everyone got one of these at launch as a new player, and I think new players now get one too. It also fits his color scheme.

Fishing is pretty cool, but it's not quite clear to me how you can get certain types of fish to spawn. Do you just wait for common ones to leave and better ones to appear? Should I just deplete each spawn entirely or does leaving them give me better chances of spawning rarer fish later?

The new events is pretty fun too with those tag teams. I like how there's trial characters, so you can try some of the five stars you might've missed out on. My only nitpick is that those characters currently aren't even available to get. What if you play Childe, decide you want him, and there's no way to actually get him? Seems like a wasted opportunity to me. I had fun playing Ganyu again, but at least I know she's coming back soon. I wouldn't expect that for Childe.

Pejo

Fishing is pretty cool, but it's not quite clear to me how you can get certain types of fish to spawn. Do you just wait for common ones to leave and better ones to appear? Should I just deplete each spawn entirely or does leaving them give me better chances of spawning rarer fish later?

The new events is pretty fun too with those tag teams. I like how there's trial characters, so you can try some of the five stars you might've missed out on. My only nitpick is that those characters currently aren't even available to get. What if you play Childe, decide you want him, and there's no way to actually get him? Seems like a wasted opportunity to me. I had fun playing Ganyu again, but at least I know she's coming back soon. I wouldn't expect that for Childe.
certain fish only spawn at each fishing spot. Sometimes there are a shift of which fish are there based on time of day. Not sure how emptying/respawning works though.

The best part of fishing for me is that there's finally something I can do in the game that plays just fine on mobile.

I'm torn on trial characters. It's great for F2Ps, new players, and from a sales vector for MHY, letting everyone try out different characters, but it also kinda cheapens it if you rolled those characters and spent a ton of time building them. I mean you can always use your character instead of the trial, but still, it chaps my butt a little bit. Honkai does this all the time too, and to add insult to injury, the trial characters are usually way stronger than what a F2P or low spender would have. Again, it seems like a sales tactic. "Boy this character is great if I roll their signature gear and get them to max power!". Then you get the character and it's like 1/5th of that strength with average gear.

Probably just me being selfish though. What constellation is the trial Childe?

BlackM1st

Banned
How many times have you used THAT?
D9SDRwr.gif

But it was an x2 bonus purchase before the reset, so I'm kinda lucked out.

But I buy BP and welkin tho

300 wishes came and went in 2 days. Ugh.

I lost all damn 50/50 iirc And C0 and C3 were really damn expensive.

Fucking Diluc on 80, I swear...
Same for C1 Electric Cat before C0 Baal.
Another 80.

So out of 300 wishes, 160 went to Keqing and Diluc. Lmao.

Weapon banner was a single x10 pull tho so it helped. A lot. But now...

...now I want a 6 month moratorium on new heroes lmao. Not like I will need anything or anyone tho.

Regardless, even if it's a Pyro Cocogoat. I ain't pulling lol.

Probably just me being selfish though. What constellation is the trial Childe?
I didn't actually try Childe, but Ganyu had a 4 star weapon (Craftable prototype) I believe, so it doesn't seem like they're fully decked out. I didn't check her constellations or artifacts though.

BlackM1st

Banned
Used Xiao and Tart as a Trial heroes.

Was too damn tired to dig into menu of secondary bonuses, so just slapped Elemental bonuses on each corresponding team with 1 bonus slot empty.

Got Gold on Extreme.

Fuz

Banned
I'm getting fatigue.
I'm enjoying immensely the exploration, but there's waaaaay to many puzzles everywhere. Exploration and questing are interrupted every 5 meters. And most of them are just a chore. Quantity over quality. There's just too much busywork to fully enjoy what you're set to do. I'm definitely not enjoying this new update as much as the first part of Inazuma. I'm getting tired.

Oh, shall I Mention my "luck" with Raiden's artifact farming? And the thought I also have to equip Sara now? More fatigue.

Anyway...
I'm kind of worried about Inazuma.

First, I'm not sure I like the design. I bloody love Japanese style architecture and enviroment. But what we've seen so far show excessive use of strong colors. The purple and the bright pink are everywhere - it would be good in small doses, to add a bit of character, but it feels like it's most of what Inazuma is. It's tiring to the eye, it's tacky and not beautiful. Where's the green and the blue?

My second worry has just been confirmed by a new leak...
I was right (as usual). Narukami is FANTASTIC on every level, except it's way too small. It's beautiful and a joy to explore.
The other island are a definite step down in term of quality, design, exploration and enjoyement. THey're a punch in the eye with those annoyingly strong colors.

Pejo

I'm getting fatigue.
I'm enjoying immensely the exploration, but there's waaaaay to many puzzles everywhere. Exploration and questing are interrupted every 5 meters. And most of them are just a chore. Quantity over quality. There's just too much busywork to fully enjoy what you're set to do. I'm definitely not enjoying this new update as much as the first part of Inazuma. I'm getting tired.

Oh, shall I Mention my "luck" with Raiden's artifact farming? And the thought I also have to equip Sara now? More fatigue.

Anyway...

I was right (as usual). Narukami is FANTASTIC on every level, except it's way too small. It's beautiful and a joy to explore.
The other island are a definite step down in term of quality, design, exploration and enjoyement. THey're a punch in the eye with those annoyingly strong colors.
Yea you have a point. You can't swing your Baals around without hitting 1-2 treasure chest trials or those spinny block puzzles. I'm not going to complain too hard, but yea the overall purposeful design seems to gone down in favor of just throwing a lot of the same shit at us. There are still some good puzzles and quests mixed in though, and I won't complain about stuff to do in the overworld and free primos. You don't have to do all of them right now at any rate, take a break from them, do the story quests, do the pretty fun new event, fish a bit, or just take a break from the game in general for a while.

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm getting fatigue.

Anyway...

More islands is coming. God knows how many. On MiHo place I would use this island drip feed idea for quite some time.

Even if just 1 new island and some extra underground areas I would still say that Japan inspired area is way more interesting and beautifully crafted than China inspired one. At least moving around it isn't a chore and I'm not feeling like a rat trapped in the labyrinth.

Wish we had more volumetric clouds in Inazuma tho. But oh well...

To each his own of course, but I wouldn't mind to spend next 6 months or so exclusively in Inazuma.

Chasm can wait.

Pejo

Side effect of GAAS.
I hope this for a lot of the higher quality mobile titles, but I wish that when it hits end of service, they package everything up and sell it as an offline package. I'd enjoy making a new save file and playing through the story minus all of the time sinks, time gates, and grinding limitations. I don't think we've seen a really huge mobile game hit end of service yet though. I'm curious how it'll be handled at large when a lot of current games end.

The only mobile game I played that ended so far is Star Ocean: Anamnesis. They had the anniversary celebration, gave a ton of free guaranteed max rarity pulls, and then 2 weeks later announced the closure of the game. After that, they removed the real money purchases, opened everything up, and let players dick around for a few months before shutting it down and that's it. It wasn't a massive success, but it had really great 3D character models comparatively to everything else out at the time.

Top Bottom