• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fake

Gold Member
Would be better an Abyss Challenge CO-OP. The 12 floor is a meta freak nightmare. I could use some help there.

Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Gold Member
Good times when you just click on the link and participate. Now they keep asking the QR code, middle fingers to them.

Fake

Gold Member
qoyoruvi1vi91.jpg

Fuz

Banned
By the way, funny to note that my ability of making money in those games is inversely proportional to my ability of making money in real life.
Astonishing!

Fuz

Banned
Dunno.

4★. Shielders are boring. IIRC her bannermates aren't exciting either.

VKUPVss.jpg

L8uEWoo.jpg

VYe94Rk.jpg

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Looking all the pictures at the same time, their design look so repetitive...

Design team is really dying out of imagination.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Looking all the pictures at the same time, their design look so repetitive...

Design team is really dying out of imagination.
Asymmetric, boob cover, butt cover, exposed belly, shorts for guys, 3 body types total.
Yeah, they've been creatively bankrupt for a long time. At least it makes the design coherent and doesn't make the game into a minestrone of styles.

sPA05Vv.png

Last edited:

Dregnel

i find these characters much better than tighnari and the rest that we will have in version 3.0 i don't even remember their name.
anyway, I haven't opened the game since version 2.7, I've been following the news and I'll come back in version 3.1 or 3.2, when I see a gameplay of a character I like i'll come back, I want to experience the new maps with characters that I really like.

also you can't break your pity if you're not playing.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Last edited:

Pejo

I get why you guys aren't excited, but the Egyptian/Arabian theme is great for me. I like all 3 of the designs and am excited to see kits. The only bummer for me is that Nilou's leaked kit was basically "Dendro reaction": the character.

Cyno sounds pretty hilarious based on leaks. he supposedly is always trying to lighten the mood with jokes, but the jokes themselves are terrible, which then makes the situation funny. Hope they can actually manage to deliver on the writing for that, because it's a hard line to walk. Regardless, unlike 80% of the characters in the game so far, the Sumeru cast sounds like we are getting some diverse personalities finally. Not everyone that's an overworked work-a-holic with an amazing work work work work food food food food work work food. If I never have to hear about a publishing house or the strict scheduling and business deals of NPCs ever again it'll be too soon.

sPA05Vv.png
Mi-a's great. Much less intrusive and overbearing than Paimon. If you have to have a mascot, this is the way I prefer it. Too bad the story is so shit by comparison in ToF.

The only bummer for me is that Nilou's leaked kit was basically "Dendro reaction": the character.
I assume that's true for all the characters we know about so far. I doubt it's a coincidence we're getting all these Electro and Hydro characters all of a sudden. And that'd be okay if we had a bunch of Dendro characters to use them with, but we won't have that for a long time. Most of us will have to judge these characters just on how they work with Collei.

Sumeru itself looks great to me, but they really dropped the ball with how they're rolling out Dendro and the rest of the characters/banners. Fortunately these patches are a bit shorter so we can get to the good stuff quicker.

Pejo

I assume that's true for all the characters we know about so far. I doubt it's a coincidence we're getting all these Electro and Hydro characters all of a sudden. And that'd be okay if we had a bunch of Dendro characters to use them with, but we won't have that for a long time. Most of us will have to judge these characters just on how they work with Collei.
Yea I guess we'll see how it goes, but Cyno was rumored to be main dps Electro spear, not just a reaction machine. The thing that bums me out about Nilou is that her actual passives/constellations are about Dendro, while she is a Hydro character. I hate limited use characters and rolling for them feels bad compared to the more universal characters. If I didn't like Shenhe's design so much, I'd have never rolled for her because ultra-niche 5*s are garbage. Leave the niche stuff to the 4*s if you absolutely HAVE to limit characters in such a way, 5* should be useful in a variety of situations and team comps.
Sumeru itself looks great to me, but they really dropped the ball with how they're rolling out Dendro and the rest of the characters/banners. Fortunately these patches are a bit shorter so we can get to the good stuff quicker.
Yea, it's puzzling that Kusanali is nowhere in 3.1 leaks. If they weren't going to give us more Dendro characters, they could at least have given us the Archon early. They've already disincentivized rolling for Tiggyboi by telling us he's moving to standard banner, then gave us free Collei and Dendraveler. 3.1 looks to have zero new Dendro characters, so we're stuck doing the lion's share of the puzzles with Collei and Traveler. I don't mind, since I actually like Collei, but it surely is confusing how they're handling it.

*edit*

7yzxrkqx89j91.jpg

Not my car yet.

Last edited:

Saber

Told yah guys. They gonna push Dendro reactions like hell, pretty sure their talents and cons will be all about reactions with Dendro too.

As for the Sumeru my only bummer is that they still keep holding themselves in terms of content. Not saying that all characters have to release at same time, but would do better at least announcing their kits first. Pretty sure people had enought of their content holding, which why leaks are better than this slowpace content.

Fake

Gold Member
I hyped about Sumeru, but not hyped about MYH decisions.

And they said design wouldn't be affected by the China, but here we are.

I not against Egypt/Arabian design, but they look repetitive if they don't take GI as a art direction game. Bringing 100% real world design to the game kill all the porpuse. Remember that time they even think of putting Ray Tracing? I mean, wtf.

Pejo

I shouldn't have checked social media and stumble upon replies about Candace.
What are they saying now?

I not against Egypt/Arabian design, but they look repetitive if they don't take GI as a art direction game. Bringing 100% real world design to the game kill all the porpuse. Remember that time they even think of putting Ray Tracing? I mean, wtf.
Well outside of Mondstadt, which has a lot of variation in character design, Liyue, Inazuma, and now Sumeru all have themes for various character trees. Like you have the adeptus girls from Cloud Retainer (Ganyu/Shenhe), the Funeral Parlor gang (Zhongli/Hu Tao), the Qixing or however you spell it - mostly formal clothes (Keqing/Ning), so on and so forth. Right now only Candace, Cyno, and Nilou have similar outfits. Tiggy and Collei, while both being forest hunters, don't look much alike. I wouldn't paint them in the same organization if I just saw them with no background info. Al Haitham looks unique for the region, and Dehya does too (reminds me of Velvet from Tales of Berseria).

My biggest disappointment is the obvious baked-in censorship in all of the female costumes that we've seen since the Jean/Amber/Rosaria censorship. Doesn't look like it's gonna stop either. There has to be a better way to do that then ugly diapers and the zigzag shorts .

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
My problem is they giving the same design at row, without interval.

Would be better like Deyha in the middle just to break the ice, IDK.

Pejo

gh0paywbv9j91.jpg

Made me laugh.
Man I dunno what's wrong with me, I just think Nilou is the most generic boring design outside of Tiggy that we've seen so far. I'm glad people are into her I guess, but for me, it's just... not it. She seems like a slightly accessorized NPC from a desert town.

*edit*

Some info on the card game:
itrq17mle9j91.jpg
i6dkr2k5f9j91.jpg

Last edited:
3.1 looks to have zero new Dendro characters, so we're stuck doing the lion's share of the puzzles with Collei and Traveler. I don't mind, since I actually like Collei, but it surely is confusing how they're handling it.
If not for Collei, Dendro would have been a disaster. Traveler may as well not exist, and Tighnari is the easiest skip in the game even if you like him.

The card game intrigues me. I'd never spend primos or any other valuable currency on it, but I welcome any side activities that have some depth to them.

Pejo

She's not dark enough, Hoyoverse being racist for it, not enough representation in Chinese fantasy game, teens admitting they are white speaking up for the colored, etc.
Another reason I've been enjoying ToF. There were people complaining about 'problematic' designs like the skintight leather suits in the world chat, and pretty much the rest of the server told them to fuck off and go back to twitter.

It was a real Gamer™ moment.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Dregnel

She's not dark enough, Hoyoverse being racist for it, not enough representation in Chinese fantasy game, teens admitting they are white speaking up for the colored, etc.
I don't think this is a social media problem, this is a US problem, even on twitter esp I don't see people creating drama and doing a lot of super brunette candace or attacking people who make fanart.

Fake

Gold Member
I don't think this is a social media problem, this is a US problem, even on twitter esp I don't see people creating drama and doing a lot of super brunette candace or attacking people who make fanart.

Disagree. UK and some South America countries like Brazil do this on social media as well.

Fake

Gold Member
I'm sure there's something, but I can't think of much that can be removed from old events. The textures/furniture/etc was almost always reused from somewhere else.

Is the first event of the game already inside the game files? Can't remember, but there are loads of events with textures that not got removed, the mona coment stuff too.

Pejo

Also, I'm a bit late again, but patchly reminder not to do weekly bosses/collect your teapot stuff/make food etc. until new battle pass tomorrow.

Also also - major versionly reminder - don't pick up your bounties and rep quests until you get to Sumeru or you'll be a week behind the rest of us reveling in our treasure compasses, regional recipe, and some odd piece of equipment we'll get and never use.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Last edited:
Top Bottom