• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Currently friend-leveling Yoimiya & Yae Miko, plus Eula & Jean to clean things up. Will probably bench Eula for Dendro traveler at least initially, then see how I like Colei once I have the free copy (or if I get her while trying to C2 Zhongli).

I have yet to really invest in any of the traveler’s elements, if only because anemo traveler got stuck behind Jean, Eula, Diluc, etc., in terms of priority. I’d really like to have at least one form really built up, in case I need to use her.

Regardless, I’ll have Zhongli & Venti on a quick swap when I need my traversal team.
The only traveler I occasionally use anymore is Geo for puzzles and some niche platforming/blocking enemies for achievements and stuff. Anemo has my favorite traveler kit, but there's zero reason to use them if you have Kaz, or really any other Anemo. Electro is just awful. It's a shame, I still think Traveler should be the movement/traversal king. Make that their niche, even if they're not strong in battle or team comps. Like we should have had traveler have the double jump from Kaz and maybe an electro lightning ninja run instead of Yelan's water run. Even if those skills aren't as good as the gacha characters (less height, shorter duration, longer cooldown, etc), having access to them for everyone would be nice.

deanote666

It's cool that you need to use certain elements in puzzles but sux when you need to constantly change out your party.

Cleaning up the archipelago chests. Missing 12 I think (assuming 182 total).

Still kicking my sis to finish the event. As far as I know, she barely started...

I want to pull on Zhongli's banner but not sure if I can pull on him and the new person's banner (if I decide on them). Got Zhongli C3, trying to get a constellation on each banner to get to C6 eventually.

Hopefully dendro traveler will have some merit to get them back in the party. I think I used electro traveler all of once. I sometimes switch them in for dailies just to acknowledge they still exist.

Pejo

Hopefully dendro traveler will have some merit to get them back in the party. I think I used electro traveler all of once. I sometimes switch them in for dailies just to acknowledge they still exist.
Dendro Traveler's skill is shit, but whatever, the Burst has potential, at least on paper. Whether the little mini effects have any real benefit in the game or not remains to be seen:

Surgent Manifestation
Calling upon the might of the flora all around you, you create a Lea Lotus Lamp. This Lamp will deal continuous Dendro DMG to opponents within its AoE.

Lotuslight Transfiguration
The Lea Lotus Lamp will undergo the following changes after it comes into contact with Hydro/Electro/Pyro:
·Hydro: the Lamp’s AoE and the AoE of its attacks are increased.
·Electro: the Lamp’s ATK SPD is increased.
·Pyro: the Lamp will explode after a short delay and then disappear, dealing AoE Dendro DMG.
The Lea Lotus Lamp can only undergo one Lotuslight Transfiguration in its duration.

Only one Lamp created by the Traveler can exist at any one time.
The %s aren't bad on the explosion, about 800% at level 12, which would get about 20k damage (non crit) at 2500 ATK, in a big AoE, before defense/resistances. Still, I think Collei's more stable and frequent Dendro application on a shorter cooldown with lower energy requirements is the way I'm going to go. Tiggy will probably be the best for AoE application since his is on a skill instead of a Burst. But nah. I'm sticking with Collei.

C6 Collei sounds fun. Lots of additional procs on her boomerang to keep the reactions going.

*edit*

Reddit's at it again.
GIF by JoyPixels

m885sygglwh91.png

Last edited:
In actual news, there's a new leak of a new Keqing cotsume in Honkai Impact.
So she's finally becoming playable? Would be weird to make an entire costume just to have her as a temporary character.
She was pretty powerful though, so they might tone her down if she's SP.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
The model ship is an outside furniture. Those pieces of shit at mihoyo.

Anyway, Kosekimaru best character in the whole game.
2Rce3.gif

xxupwgbjr1i91.jpg

This is easily the best Beidou cosplay I've ever seen. And she made it herself, lots of respect.

Last edited:

deanote666

Where do you see the total?
In the hoyolab website battle chronicle tool. At the bottom, it shows your archipelago stats, including chests opened.

The 182 came from what I saw people saying was the most someone said they had so that might not be accurate.

Fuz

Banned
In the hoyolab website battle chronicle tool. At the bottom, it shows your archipelago stats, including chests opened.

The 182 came from what I saw people saying was the most someone said they had so that might not be accurate.
Hoyoloab is one of the worst websites I've ever seen (and I'm up here since the '95 and Geocities), it's a disaster of design on every level.
Do you have a direct link?

Pejo

Hoyoloab is one of the worst websites I've ever seen (and I'm up here since the '95 and Geocities), it's a disaster of design on every level.
Do you have a direct link?
I found it,

Long ugly link - you have to log in with your genshin account

damn, apparently I'm missing 17 chests. Way more than I expected.

2Rce3.gif
Who's that?
xxupwgbjr1i91.jpg

This is easily the best Beidou cosplay I've ever seen. And she made it herself, lots of respect.
Yea pretty good. Nice Nergigante costume and corgi too.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fuz

Saber

2Rce3.gif

Oh look, another useless shit that can't be put in Teapot because of space limit.

As a sidenote, I tried to take away those stupids robots from the yet another event and tried to replace them, but the game says my workload is full, even when I take away 2 animals lol
Why do I even bother.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I found it,

Long ugly link - you have to log in with your genshin account

damn, apparently I'm missing 17 chests. Way more than I expected.
Thank you. 177 chests. Not gonna go crazy and look for them, anyway.

Who's that?
Progress with the quest, if you can't wait it's
The waverider.

I'm working on getting Samir to 3* to get that latex suit.
Just got her with the pity pull. Pretty cool, I'm getting the characters I wanted. Her guns are fun and I like her design. I prefer her normal outfit, toh (while I can't wait to do a Sephiroth cosplay
2Rce3.gif
).
Do you have an idea why the small cutscene on weapon discharge sometimes happens, and sometimes it doesn't?

Last edited:

Pejo

Progress with the quest, if you can't wait it's
The waverider.
Oh I didn't realize there was a new quest today, just did it, it was nice. Poor little meatball. I like the reward, but as you said, why the fuck is it outdoor only??? Wonder what the 2nd thing he wanted to say was.
Just got her with the pity pull. Pretty cool, I'm getting the characters I wanted. Her guns are fun and I like her design. I prefer her normal outfit, toh (while I can't wait to do a Sephiroth cosplay
2Rce3.gif
).
Do you have an idea why the small cutscene on weapon discharge sometimes happens, and sometimes it doesn't?
I picked Shirou with my selector, then the very next 10 pull I got a dupe of her. I should've gone with Meryl. Shirou's by far my favorite character design in the game so far though. She looks great using any weapon that I have so far. Too bad her ring weapon thing is pure ass.

Anyways, the cutscene happens when you are using the character with their signature weapon. All other characters won't have the cutscene with that weapon. So Samir with her guns, Tsubasa with her bow, etc. The effect/strength doesn't change, it's just a visual thing. Also, after you level their affection up to 600, you can toggle on/off a passive that works no matter which character skin you're using, so it's worth doing that for whichever SSR character you have that has the best passive. I'm using Samir's currently.

I just got to the snow area today, nearing my 3rd pity. Hope it's a new character, I just want to try the weapons out. Also, a lot of these world bosses have at least 1-2 absolute horseshit moves that you can't see and will insta-kill you. The most frustrating one is probably Frostbot because he has an invisible delayed AoE that you can run into that freezes you solid, then your team members have 10 seconds to break you out or you insta-die. Naturally, most players have no idea what they're doing so they just run right by and let you die instead. The general IQ of ToF players is very, very low. Like the bar is basically laying on the ground. Granted, maybe some of them didn't play MMOs in the past to recognize a lot of these mechanics, but holy shit... These same people are probably playing Genshin too, I just don't deal with them. I have been absolutely mogging these players in PVP though. I'm not sure if I'm just that good, or again, the bar is just extremely low. Also queuing as a healer in the dungeon stuff and getting MVP damage on top of heals.

Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Oh I didn't realize there was a new quest today, just did it, it was nice. Poor little meatball. I like the reward, but as you said, why the fuck is it outdoor only??? Wonder what the 2nd thing he wanted to say was.
It's written on the model. "Sailors don't say goodbies out loud" or something like that.
Anyways, the cutscene happens when you are using the character with their signature weapon.
Yeah, that was my first guess but it doesn't always happen. And I'm pretty sure my "traveler" used a cutscene with the scythe.
I have been absolutely mogging these players in PVP though.
I think there's bots. I mean, the devs coded in bots for PvP. If you see a chinese character is probably a bot. Would explain my first streak of victories - then I got absolutely decimated.

Last edited:

Pejo

First banner actually ain't that bad if you need Diona/Fischl cons. I ain't rollin' that shit though. I'm gonna ride my free Collei until she's on a better 5* feature banner.

243xwq59l9i91.jpg

Dregnel

Drop rate for that crap is insanely low.
it's crap for everything.
black orbs -50% drop rate.
Limited banner your are fighting with 50%
oh look a red orb oh wait you need to wait 24 hours to get it because someone took it.

Why play a version of Genshin with worse rates and a permanent 50% chance? because there they don't give you the guaranteed one in the next one, no wonder that the game is dead in china, after you get those black crystals for exploring the map it is a pain to get more to pull in the limited banner, you must do pvp to get more and full of whales killing you with the best characters.

Fake

Gold Member
First banner actually ain't that bad if you need Diona/Fischl cons. I ain't rollin' that shit though. I'm gonna ride my free Collei until she's on a better 5* feature banner.

243xwq59l9i91.jpg

I gonna leave Colei with C0.

I not seeing any strength on her constelation at least to justifice the pull. I remember a clip on the Genshin Impact Leaks showing her elemental skill with C6 and not much of difference.

Pejo

it's crap for everything.
oh look a red orb oh wait you need to wait 24 hours to get it because someone took it.

Why play a version of Genshin with worse rates and a permanent 50% chance? because there they don't give you the guaranteed one in the next one, no wonder that the game is dead in china, after you get those black crystals for exploring the map it is a pain to get more to pull in the limited banner, you must do pvp to get more and full of whales killing you with the best characters.
I'm just having fun with it for now, i'm not attached to it. When the first time rewards dry up, i'll just quit until they release a new area. It's got just enough MMO design that makes my monkey brain happy, while also being fun to play. I don't have the bandwidth to play both Genshin 3.0 and this game simultaneously.
I gonna leave Colei with C0.

I not seeing any strength on her constelation at least to justifice the pull. I remember a clip on the Genshin Impact Leaks showing her elemental skill with C6 and not much of difference.
By C6 she has over double the amount of Dendro procs on her elemental skill. I have no idea how important it is to constantly be proc'ing Dendro currently, but usually more damage instances = more reactions = more betterer. I like her kit a lot so far, as much as I can without actually trying and playing as her. Regardless, this banner is near worthless to me for the other characters, so I'll wait until she's featured on a better new 5* character banner. Her passive talents seem more important for her overall usefulness than her constellations at any rate.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
By C6 she has over double the amount of Dendro procs on her elemental skill. I have no idea how important it is to constantly be proc'ing Dendro currently, but usually more damage instances = more reactions = more betterer. I like her kit a lot so far, as much as I can without actually trying and playing as her. Regardless, this banner is near worthless to me for the other characters, so I'll wait until she's featured on a better new 5* character banner. Her passive talents seem more important for her overall usefulness than her constellations at any rate.

Is good, but not to justifice the C6 tag. Again, I have felling that Dendro will suck just for 5* dendro to be their seller.

IDK what is her best constelation. Gonna check on Honey Impact. For now I gonna leave C0 and with the trash luck I got their gonna probably give me Colei on the Nilou banner like 10 or 20 times.

edit: Colei on Honey Impact is normally called 'Dendro Amber'. There are some mix bag constelation, no wonder why they gave her for free.
I see potential, but again like Amber will require a loads of effort and time, unless you gonna make the support route.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Uh?
You get tokens to get the character, and if you lose the 50% at 80 pulls it won't cost you 160 but 120.
Uh?
Why play a version of Genshin with worse rates and a permanent 50% chance?
Because I'm having more fun with it than with Genshin?
D8TTC.gif

It also does quite a lot of things better than Genshin, while not being as much as polished. But I have to say, it really does make you apreciate how good Genshin's UI is (minus a few QoLs).

Dregnel

Uh?

You get tokens to get the character, and if you lose the 50% at 80 pulls it won't cost you 160 but 120.

Uh?

Because I'm having more fun with it than with Genshin?
D8TTC.gif

It also does quite a lot of things better than Genshin, while not being as much as polished. But I have to say, it really does make you apreciate how good Genshin's UI is (minus a few QoLs).
yeah i was having more fun too until i got pure shit only from the gacha since launch and playing everyday, i lost the 50% twice already with the limited banner, the gacha feels worse than genshi, the exploration gives us the most time black orbs and the drop rate for a ssr with black orbs is 0.3%

Fuz

Banned
the drop rate for a ssr with black orbs is 0.3%
00000.jpg

00001.jpg

2Rce3.gif

I already got my Diluc and all the characters I wanted, plan to Sephiroth him and I'll be happy. Honestly don't ask much else. I'm having tons of fun, when I'll stop having fun I'll stop playing.

Pejo

yeah i was having more fun too until i got pure shit only from the gacha since launch and playing everyday, i lost the 50% twice already with the limited banner, the gacha feels worse than genshi, the exploration gives us the most time black orbs and the drop rate for a ssr with black orbs is 0.3%
Classic RNG.

I got a double SSR pull already on gold orbs and an SSR from black orbs too.

Just curious - what did you mean by red orbs being 24 hours because someone took it?

Also, People coming around on Yoimiya/Yelan combo.

Dregnel

Classic RNG.

I got a double SSR pull already on gold orbs and an SSR from black orbs too.

Just curious - what did you mean by red orbs being 24 hours because someone took it?

Also, People coming around on Yoimiya/Yelan combo.

it looks red but get a yellow orb, when you exploring the map you can find them around, if someone take it you need wait a long time, i found someone camping there the whole morning and i took it, i felt bad for the guy.
there are a lot of orbs on the map and you need them to increase your exploration level, i wanted nemisis but it feels imposible as f2p and my luck with that permanent 50% i got coco the last one ugh.

Pejo

it looks red but get a yellow orb, when you exploring the map you can find them around, if someone take it you need wait a long time, i found someone camping there the whole morning and i took it, i felt bad for the guy.
there are a lot of orbs on the map and you need them to increase your exploration level, i wanted nemisis but it feels imposible as f2p and my luck with that permanent 50% i got coco the last one ugh.
That's news to me if true. There are certainly yellow orbs in chests/free floating around/hooked to drones/inside plants etc, but they're all one-time received and tracked in the overall progress bar. I've already 100%'d Astra and Banges. I don't know of anything you can "steal" from another player, and to my knowledge there are no randomized gold orbs. You can get them randomly from the dream chests and from daily bounties, but not just floating around in the world.

Dregnel

That's news to me if true. There are certainly yellow orbs in chests/free floating around/hooked to drones/inside plants etc, but they're all one-time received and tracked in the overall progress bar. I've already 100%'d Astra and Banges. I don't know of anything you can "steal" from another player, and to my knowledge there are no randomized gold orbs. You can get them randomly from the dream chests and from daily bounties, but not just floating around in the world.
ZBlFrEd.png

crumbs

Oh that seems to just be an early reroll guide for the first area. All of that stuff is permanent and single-acquire only.

So first we get the model boat furniture that's outdoor, now we get a mechanical painting that doesn't move.

MHY's teapot designers:

Joel Embiid Mind Blown GIF by Mountain Dew
Every time I think about redoing my Teapot setup, I immediately encounter some stupid limitation that puts me off the idea.

The meatball boat model being an outdoor set is silly, at the very least they should have made it bigger. Anyway, I decide to place it on a table to display since it looks stupid on the ground, but half the available tables don't let you place the boat on them for some reason.

It always feels like it takes too much time to simple things in the teapot.

LordCBH

I just finished the chasm quest that had Itto and Shinobu in it. Is there any other thing I need to do to make sure I can start the Sumeru stuff when it launches next week? Or was doing the Interlude quests it?

I just finished the chasm quest that had Itto and Shinobu in it. Is there any other thing I need to do to make sure I can start the Sumeru stuff when it launches next week? Or was doing the Interlude quests it?
As far as I know they haven't revealed any quest requirements for Sumeru. There's no lore reason we wouldn't be able to just mosey on in there. The only strict requirement I expect is to finish the initial quest in Inazuma where Yae Miko tells you to visit Sumeru next. Everything else has just been teasing and lore.

Entirely unrelated, but I have 181 out of 182 chests in the archipelago. I followed video guides, and still missed one somewhere. Not worth the effort to find it though. I really wish they had some in-game system to track down missing stuff, like how they did in the Chasm. Especially for limited events where regular compasses don't work.

Pejo

Every time I think about redoing my Teapot setup, I immediately encounter some stupid limitation that puts me off the idea.

The meatball boat model being an outdoor set is silly, at the very least they should have made it bigger. Anyway, I decide to place it on a table to display since it looks stupid on the ground, but half the available tables don't let you place the boat on them for some reason.

It would have been cool if you could put it in the hot spring or fish pond or something, but nope.

Turns out I was wrong, the painting does move, I just couldn't see it on mobile when I placed it originally.

I don't think the "interlude" archon quests are necessary, but who knows. Regardless, I think you're in a good spot to start Sumeru.

Fake

Gold Member

I guess for Sumeru you need to finish the arc story, beat Stormterror, beat Chield+hydro beast and beat Shogun. Shinobu/Itto/Yelan quest are like filer, no main story related.

For enter Sumeru is no requeriment.

Last edited:

Dregnel

I guess for Sumeru you need to finish the arc story, beat Stormterror, beat Chield+hydro beast and beat Shogun. Shinobu/Itto/Yelan quest are like filer, no main story related.

For enter Sumeru is no requeriment.
thank god, i couldn't finish chasm.

LordCBH

thank god, i couldn't finish chasm.

I started chasm about 12 hours ago and finally finished it like maybe an hour ish ago? I loved the chasm delvers quest (ruin serpent was annoying as fuck though) and like the dainslief quest, but the unexpected guest quest line could not have gotten done with fast enough for me.

Overall I love the chasm as a location lol. Ended up being one of my favorites

Last edited:

Saber

My new stuff for teapot will be aways stucked and getting dust, because my workload is aways full and I have no intention of change a thing or two just to accomodate this. They only read your feedbacks to steal your ideas.

deanote666

My new stuff for teapot will be aways stucked and getting dust, because my workload is aways full and I have no intention of change a thing or two just to accomodate this. They only read your feedbacks to steal your ideas.
My load shows green but I always get the max number of furnishings have been placed message.

Pejo

Holy shit, finally got the last daily I needed in Inazuma for that Storytelling Method quest, the quest popped up right after. I can finally go back to Mondstadt dailies. No more 10x balloon escorts per week. Debating if I want to try to find some of those missing chests or not. I might go through a guide or something to make it quick.

Well Fuz Fuz - the dream is dead, I got my 3rd and likely final pity from the standard banner until new areas release, and it was a dupe King Diluc Sephiroth III, Esquire, who I just pulled earlier on the black orb banner. Was hoping to get Meryl or Coco. Pissed around with his weapon a bit, it's strong but I'm not a huge fan of the moveset, it feels very stumpy. I actually haven't found a DPS weapon that I really enjoy yet. Samir's is fun to use but kinda piddly damage and there seems to be a lot of enemies resistant to Volt dmg. Crow's basic attack is good, but his jumping attack, skills, and movement kinda sucks, and he wants to be behind the enemy which is impossible solo. Ah well, I'm sure we'll get more DPS characters releasing soon, they're usually a dime a dozen in MMOs.

Fuz

Banned
Well Fuz Fuz Fuz Fuz - the dream is dead, I got my 3rd and likely final pity from the standard banner until new areas release, and it was a dupe King Diluc Sephiroth III, Esquire, who I just pulled earlier on the black orb banner.
I hate you with a burning passion.
Pissed around with his weapon a bit, it's strong but I'm not a huge fan of the moveset, it feels very stumpy.
I kinda like it, but yeah, it's not very exciting as far as comboes go. Maybe I just need to learn it better.
Samir's is fun to use but kinda piddly damage and there seems to be a lot of enemies resistant to Volt dmg.
I only dislike her spinning top jumping attack, rest of her kit is pretty cool. Can't judge the damage because I haven't maxed the pistols (yet), but they're really useful for dandelions.
Crow's basic attack is good, but his jumping attack, skills, and movement kinda sucks, and he wants to be behind the enemy which is impossible solo.
Yeah... this makes me sad. I really wanted to go dual blades/assassin, it's my usual first choice in any game, but his hold attack is just bad and his moveset as a whole isn't great. I had no idea he had a backstab mechanics... care to elaborate? But yes, if so, in this game is impossible to stay behind enemies no matter if solo or grouped.

Top Bottom