• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Dregnel

ypjvyzc6ecj91.jpg

Interesting....

rqtoj8lxdcj91.jpg

zzzzzzz
what? you can't vaporize or freeze enemies with nilou, fuck that shit i won't pull then.

Last edited:

Pejo

what? you can't vaporize or freeze enemies with nilou, fuck that shit i won't pull then.
I don't think it's saying that, I'm reading it as if she gets major bonuses/passives to Bloom only. I doubt event current day MHY would go so far as to make no other reactions possible with her.

Then again, we do have Shenhe/Gorou/Sara who are built for one specific team and Xinyan/Thoma who don't work in any team whatsoever, so who knows anymore.

Saber

ypjvyzc6ecj91.jpg

Interesting....

rqtoj8lxdcj91.jpg

zzzzzzz

I like that, shes gonna be my second Beidou.

As for Nilou well...can't say I didn't see this coming. Dehnyia is probably gonna be the same, pushing Dendro like no tomorrow.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
I like unpopular chars, so Nilou would be great.

BTW, about Candice being like Beidou, shame she is a polearm, if was hydro claymore I would get.

Pejo

Well, I couldn't get Keq's last talent to level 9(12), and I'm not burning a moon just to do it. So I went from like 5/5/3 talents, no artifacts, and a level 60 weapon to this build in 1 week. It's by no means "good" but it's good enough for general overworld exploration in Sumeru. The sands I got was shit but the Thundering Fury domain is a total waste of resin after Sumeru hits, so I took the first ATK% one I got.

I'm excited to take her for a spin with Dendro in the picture. Hopefully it gives her a nice damage boost.
7tBN2Z0.png

*edit*

Fuz Fuz
VRnX78X.jpg

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz
So I haven't been paying much attention to the new Sumeru characters and their kits. Does anyone have a must have, good to have and ignore list for the new 5* characters?

crumbs

So I haven't been paying much attention to the new Sumeru characters and their kits. Does anyone have a must have, good to have and ignore list for the new 5* characters?
There's only one new 5 star in 3.0 (Tighnari - Dendro Archer) and he's being added to the standard banner after 3.0. We're also getting a free (upon completion of an event) 4 star dendro archer in 3.0, so keep that in mind when allocating wishes.

The beta for 3.1 should start soon, we'll have a better idea of upcoming 5 star kits once that beta info starts to leak out. I think the rumors for 3.1 has two new 5 stars -> Cyno (electro spear) and Nilou (Hydro sword).

Last edited:

Saber

Same as Pejo Pejo said. You won't be missing them, stick with either Colei or Traveler(if you dont give a crap like me, pick Traveler) just for Dendro and save your primos.

Fake

Gold Member
Dendro looks like a mix bag, but if you really want into abyss in 3.0 I gonna assume you will need a powerful dendro reactor there. All buffs will be possibilty dendro related.

I gonna get Collei because free, but not feeling Dendro much. Nilou will be my target. Maybe the Anchor about that crazy aspd if true.

Fuz

Banned
Klee is shit.

Now that I got her, I can attest that. Klee is shit.
No range, parabolic attacks, terrible hold attack.

Klee suffers from the same thing Keqing does: they both deal many smaller instances of damage which doesn't work with the current reactions. I also don't get why her burst doesn't just continue while she's off-field. That would fix a lot of her issues and open her up as a busted support.

Dregnel

Klee is shit.

i use her with the trap and she has alot range with her ulti, infinite vaporaze, hold attack+w+hold and reset that shit like a man.
those monsters with shields always on the ground you don't need to break those shields because they are jumping like rabbits.
they just can't stand and you gain a lot of time in the abyss because those cicin mages can't telepor anywhere.

the only trash in this game is diluc and the furry, there's no doubt.

Pejo

Klee is shit.

Yea regardless of how I feel about kid characters in the first place, she just feels terrible to play.
I also don't get why her burst doesn't just continue while she's off-field. That would fix a lot of her issues and open her up as a busted support.
Yea if her burst continued off-field and the DEF shred was part of her base kit (instead of constellations), she'd be a great Pyro support. I could see myself using her in that instance.
What?? Why? He seemed like a chill dude.
He kept fanboying Russia. Of all the things to die on a hill for...

Pejo

When did they add a screenshots folder shortcut to the launcher? That's handy instead of digging around through my install directory.

I haven't used the launcher since the 2.8 update. I use an exclusive fullscreen mode setting at sub-native resolution on my 4k TV, and you have to use a game shortcut directly to the .exe to set it.

Wonder how long they're going to time gate us for free Collei. It's wishful thinking that I'll have her tonight, or even until a week from now if past events are the rule.

*edit*

Apparently you gotta roll constellations to make Nilou anything more than a Bloom factory.
qjhua93drij91.jpg

SozT1lz.gif

Last edited:

Saber

When did they add a screenshots folder shortcut to the launcher? That's handy instead of digging around through my install directory.

I haven't used the launcher since the 2.8 update. I use an exclusive fullscreen mode setting at sub-native resolution on my 4k TV, and you have to use a game shortcut directly to the .exe to set it.

Wonder how long they're going to time gate us for free Collei. It's wishful thinking that I'll have her tonight, or even until a week from now if past events are the rule.

I will risk a very hard guess that it won't be that long, because it would sound very stupid. Unless they want people to get stuck with Traveler for doing world puzzles, which would ruin their vision of exploration and waste of time pushing us Dendro. We have to remember, theres only 3 Dendro characters at moment, 1 is gated to a purple wish banner and the other one with an event. And I'm pretty sure only those 2 will be effective when exploring Sumeru.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Traveler anemo is the only one (I guess?) that made Klee kit fun because her elemental skill interact with his elemental skill/burst, and the burst get infused as soon as interect with her mini bombs.

About the Nilou, I need to pre-order my copium.

Dregnel

Traveler anemo is the only one (I guess?) that made Klee kit fun because her elemental skill interact with his elemental skill/burst, and the burst get infused as soon as interect with her mini bombs.

About the Nilou, I need to pre-order my copium.
kazuha and jean can attract her bombs too.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
kazuha and jean can attract her bombs too.

IDK how those anemo interact with her mini bombs?

I think my comment lack context. Traveler elemental skill have a black hole point, attracting everyone from every direction to the middle point of his elemental skill, so they make contact with the mini bomb.
Jean works that as well? I know her elemental skill is like put everyone in the air, but is this make the contact? Kazuha jump in with the mini bombs I suppose?

I know Sucrose anemo don't work well for her elemental skill.

Last edited:

Dregnel

IDK how those anemo interact with her mini bombs?

I think my comment lack context. Traveler elemental skill have a black hole point, attracting everyone from every direction to the middle point of his elemental skill, so they make contact with the mini bomb.
Jean works that as well? I know her elemental skill is like put everyone in the air, but is this make the contact? Kazuha jump in with the mini bombs I suppose?

I know Sucrose anemo don't work well for her elemental skill.
if you hold your E with kazuha or jean they can interact with ther bomb but honestly I don't think it's worth making a team thinking about that instead of making a team with vaporize/melt.
if venti could do it with his ulti it would be worth it but he can't.

Fake

Gold Member
if you hold your E with kazuha or jean they can interact with ther bomb but honestly I don't think it's worth making a team thinking about that instead of making a team with vaporize/melt.
if venti could do it with his ulti it would be worth it but he can't.

Is funny how everything works with Venti, except the PS4 GPU.

Pejo

Is maintenance extended or am I off by an hour?

*edit*

Patch notes:

Highlights for me:

1. Increases the number of party compositions that can be pre-set in the "Party Setup" menu to 10. In addition, access to "Configure Team" has also been added to the "Party Setup" menu. Travelers can use various shortcuts to disband existing party setups, etc.
3. Adds "Dendro DMG Bonus" to the primary attribute of the Goblet of Eonothem artifact (Due to the addition of this attribute to Goblet of Eonothem, the percentage of getting the primary attributes of DEF%, HP%, and ATK% will be reduced, while the percentage of getting other primary attributes will not change.)
5. Adds 10 types of Artifact sets that can be obtained from Mystic Offering: "Artifact Strongbox: Thundering Fury," "Artifact Strongbox: Thundersoother," "Artifact Strongbox: Viridescent Venerer," "Artifact Strongbox: Maiden Beloved," "Artifact Strongbox: Archaic Petra," "Artifact Strongbox: Retracing Bolide," "Artifact Strongbox: Crimson Witch of Flames," "Artifact Strongbox: Lavawalker," "Artifact Strongbox: Blizzard Strayer," and "Artifact Strongbox: Heart of Depth."
6. Optimizes the experience of moving through complex terrain with the following characters' talents:

"Frostflake Heron" Kamisato Ayaka (Cryo) - Kamisato Art: Senho

"Mujina Ninja" Sayu (Anemo) - Yoohoo Art: Fuuin Dash

"Astral Reflection" Mona (Hydro) - Illusory Torrent

"Valley Orchid" Yelan (Hydro) - Lingering Lifeline

"Prinzessin der Verurteilung!" Fischl (Electro) - Midnight Phantasmagoria

"Astute Amusement" Yae Miko (Electro) - Yakan Evocation: Sesshou Sakura
3. Fixes an issue whereby the Geovishap Hatchling could not be hit normally by some characters' attacks when it is rolling around.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
3. Adds "Dendro DMG Bonus" to the primary attribute of the Goblet of Eonothem artifact (Due to the addition of this attribute to Goblet of Eonothem, the percentage of getting the primary attributes of DEF%, HP%, and ATK% will be reduced, while the percentage of getting other primary attributes will not change.)

This will be good and bad at the same time. Gladiator for example, don't will work well farming now. Sucks for new players just wanting to get ATK%.

deanote666

Maintenance ended early. I've been on Genshin the last 20 minutes.

Ended up with Zhongli C4, Jean C5.

Got Zhongli C0 on my 2nd account.

Gah... Tighnari has a Sumeru specialties on minimap talent.

Last edited:

Saber

Tested Traveler Dendro with the team I told I would make(Barbara/Fichlz/Keqing) and its...not bad?
Still with level 1 talents, yet he does a pretty good job supporting Keqing and his decent cooldowns also helps a bit.

Btw tested burning and its not good. Its a joke compared with Dendro hilicurl, but they do have a new burning symbol. I think its bit lame though, I almost didn't notice.

LordCBH

Tested Traveler Dendro with the team I told I would make(Barbara/Fichlz/Keqing) and its...not bad?
Still with level 1 talents, yet he does a pretty good job supporting Keqing and his decent cooldowns also helps a bit.

Btw tested burning and its not good. Its a joke compared with Dendro hilicurl, but they do have a new burning symbol. I think its bit lame though, I almost didn't notice.

I’m starting to branch out and try new characters after having been basically carried by Raiden and Yanfei forever now lol. I hope I can get more dionas during this banner because she’s been a lot of fun since I started using her last week.

Pejo

God damn, that was a long ass Archon quest. I started playing right after the servers came up and just finished it 10 mins ago. Not bad HYV, not bad. I could have done without all the running back and forth, but I like the story part of it.

I'm fucking exhausted now and have to be up for work in like 4 hours. Fuck.

Top Bottom